It seems like every time I hop on Pinterest lately, or wind up browsing at some of my favorite online retailers, I’m constantly reminded of all of the super cute, adorable looks that are coming up for this summer season.
There is a big piece of me that has wanted to just toss all.the.things. into my shopping cart when I fall in love with something, but then I quickly remind myself that my summer wardrobe will likely look something more like this…
- baggy sweats and shorts
- sports bras covered in milk or spit up
- large t-shirts and tanks
- none of the above being of great quality
Now, obviously, I don’t intend to be huddled up in my house for the duration of the summer and hiding out in that type of outfit all of the time. But let’s face it…it’s going to be the majority. And that’s a-okay by me!
But even still, that doesn’t stop me from browsing around at some of my favorite looks for summer. And here are a few of ‘em!
Wide Leg Linen Pants
I’ve always loved the beachy look/appeal of this type of pant, especially when paired with a simple tank and some cute flip flops.
I used to own a couple of pairs but I’m fairly certain that they have since been donated, so I may need to invest in another pair soon!
Here are some adorable picks:
- Old Navy Wide Leg Linen Pants – Bright White
- Three Dots Wide Leg Linen Pants – Black
- Jane Oceanside Linen Pants
- Joie Wide Leg Linen Pants
- Athleta Linen Pant (love in Jasper Green!)
Demin Shorts Paired with a Relaxed, Button Up Top/Tunic
I. Love. This. Look.
If there were one “look” I could envision myself in almost daily, it would be something like these. A good pair of denim shorts (not too short, of course), paired with a flowy tunic or a classic button down shirt, and some simple sandals.
I also totally love the look of a pair of white denim shorts put together with a simple, chambray button up top like this one.
Here are some awesome picks:
White Denim Shorts
- Kut from the Kloth ‘Catherine’ Denim Boyfriend Shorts
- 7 For All Mankind Cuffed Denim Shorts
- Old Navy Cut-Off Denim Shorts
- Old Navy Boyfriend Denim Shorts
- LOFT Denim Bermuda Flip Cuff Shorts
Regular Denim Shorts
- STS Blue Roll Cuff Denim Shorts
- Old Navy Boyfriend Cuffed Shorts
- LOFT Relaxed Skinny Denim Shorts (I bought these last year and LOVE them!)
Button Up Tops/Tunics
- LOFT Easy Chambray Softened Shirt
- Old Navy Classic Shirt – Bright White
- Old Navy Long Sleeve Tunic
- Lush ‘Perfect’ Roll Tab Sleeve Tunic (OBSESSED)
- Tommy Hilfiger Roll-Tab-Sleeve Chambray Shirt
Distressed Boyfriend Jeans with a Relaxed Top & Accessories
Okay, maybe I lied. Maybe THIS is the type of look I could see myself in everyday.
I think the hard part (for me, at least) with this look is that it can be tough to not look too sloppy. But I think the key would be to make sure that whatever you’re pairing with the distressed jeans (i.e., the top, shoes, accessories) are a bit more tailored and/or put together. Because, I mean, how adorable is this?
And of course, you can always keep the top simple and play up the accessories, too (although I think I’d go more rose gold)!
Some cute picks for distressed boyfriend jeans:
- Joe’s ‘Billie’ Destroyed Crop Slim Boyfriend Jeans
- Old Navy Boyfriend Skinny Ankle Cropped Jeans
- True Religion ‘Audrey’ Destroyed Slim Boyfriend Jeans
- Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren Distressed Boyfriend Jeans
There’s something about this type of combination that I’ve always been drawn to once the weather starts to warm up. Anyone else? And it doesn’t just apply to clothes, either…remember Lucas’s first birthday party?
It leaves me feeling like I should be walking along the shores of Nantucket or something like that, with all sorts of beachy waves in my hair and a cocktail in my hand.
Some cute picks:
- Street Level Stripe Tote
- Sperry ‘Ivyfish’ Boat Shoe (LOVE!)
- Chaser Stripe Jersey Tee
- Chaser Double Strap Linen Tank
- Bobeau Layered Look Stripe Top
If someone could find this entire outfit for me and ship it to my house, that would be super. I mean, hello adorable!
Unfortunately, I don’t always have the best luck actually finding a cute kimono. I come across them online and think they’re so pretty, but then I see many in the stores and they just look sort of…meh? But this is beyond feminine and pretty…
And I totally love these, too.
Here are a few I’ve been able to find that I like…but if anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know!
I can’t think of many female friends in my life who wouldn’t put a maxi dress on their list of favorite summer time outfits/wardrobe staples.
They’re just so EASY, right?! And I just love how you can find them just about anywhere, in so many colors and patterns…not to mention price points, too.
I’m sort of in love with ALL of the ones pictured here – too bad I have no idea where they’re from!
Here are a few cute picks, at all different prices, too!
- Carlson Drawstring Waist Maxi Dress
- Old Navy Sleeveless Jersey Maxi Dress
- Felicity & Coco Printed Maxi Dress
- H&M Maxi Dress (great price, too!)
How about you guys? What looks are you loving for this (or any!) summer? What are three of your “go-to” looks for the warmer weather?
Disclosure: This post does contain affiliate links!