Friday Motivations + A New Fashion Friday!

by Courtney on November 5, 2010

Happy Friday morning! :-D

Sorry for no follow-up post yesterday evening…that little thing called “life” happened, and I just didn’t have the time. Don’t worry, you didn’t miss much…it was a busy day with meals on the run!

So I don’t know what it is, but for some reason, I am so much more motivated to get up and work out on Monday and Friday mornings. Maybe it’s the fact that I know I don’t want to go to the gym in the afternoon on these days, but either way, I’m just glad the motivation is there!

This morning, I woke up bright eyed and bushy-tailed rolled out of bed (I said I was motivated…but I never said I’m good at waking up early! ;) ) and got to work on a couple videos (one new, one old favorite) from Exercise on Demand:

New: Bootcamp Calorie Burn with Kendell Hogan (30 mins)

• This video was pretty good. I think it would be suitable for most ability levels, and was actually not too difficult. I was looking for something more cardio based, with constant movement – this video definitely has you constantly moving, but doesn’t have too many intense moves. Not sure if I’ll try it again?

Old: 10lb Slimdown YOGA (24 mins)

• Love the vinyasa flow with this workout!

Breakfast

Helloooo OIAJ! :mrgreen:

I feel like it’s been forever since I last enjoyed some overnight oats, let alone OIAJ. But lucky for me, Jay just recently finished off his jar of PB and I was quick enough to make sure he saved it. Yummmmm.

In the jar:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin
  • raisins
  • cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
  • lots of leftover peanut buttery goodness ;)

Of course, no oats would be complete without a little topping! Enter: granola. :-P

I don’t have my mug-o-coffee yet, since it’s Coffee Friday, but I’m pretty sure I’m craving some hazelnut today…we’ll see. Hey, maybe that’s some of my motivation for getting up and moving on Friday mornings?? :)

Check out this fun surprise I found yesterday!

Charlie from Sweet Salty Spicy was “sweet” enough to pass along the “One Lovely Blog Award” to me. Thanks so much, Charlie!!

Aaaaand, I actually have a little “Fashion Friday” for you all a little early this morning!

I decided to switch things up a bit from the recent Fashion Fridays, and give you all a little sneak peak today’s outfit, “Before & After” style:

Before:

This outfit is obviously lacking something. The shirt (which is NEW from my latest Old Navy purchase!) is just too baggy and does nothing for the figure. And when it comes to skinny leg jeans? Well, not only do the stylish black socks do nothing, but they could definitely be “kicked up a notch,” right?

After:

IMG_6107IMG_6106

Look at what a little accessorizing can do! Nipping in at the waist with a simple belt does a world of difference for this shirt! When I first tried it on in the dressing room, I thought it was awful. Luckily, I had a belt in the room with me, and as soon as I put in on…complete transformation!

How ‘bout those boots?? They’re vintage!

And even better yet, they used to be my Mom’s! She gave them to me a couple years ago, saying that they were some of her favorite pairs when she was younger. I don’t get an opportunity to wear them too often, but I thought they’d go great with today’s attire. :)

Alrighty folks, I’m out…time to go get the coffee!!

Questions for the Day:

Wh
at are YOU wearing today that you love?

What motivates you to get up in the morning?

1 Katie November 5, 2010 at 8:40 am

Love the breakfast and love the outfit! What a great way to start your Friday! There is nothing better than waking up motivated in the morning. It keeps you going the whole day. I actually did some shopping at the Gap yesterday and love love love their jeans. My favorite skinny jeans on the market and you can’t beat the price.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 Amy November 5, 2010 at 9:20 am

Todays motivation to get up was knowing I had a complete relax day. Started off with an elliptical workout(even though my legs were killing me from yesterdays leg workout), then blueberry waffles and eggwhites and now going for an hour and a half massage.

3 atastelife November 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

I’m rockin’ a new shirt today!!!
As far as morning motivation (I get up at 4:30am to hit up 5am classes) – knowing that on Friday there’s a glass of wine waiting for me once I get off work. And every other day of the week, knowing that after work I don’t have to drag myself to the gym – because my workout’s done! It sets the tone for the rest of my day.

4 Liz November 5, 2010 at 9:45 am

That’s such cute outfit – and so neat that those are your mom’s boots!

5 kiltz7 November 5, 2010 at 10:47 am

so i just came across and have been reading your blog for about a week now and i absolutely love itttt. just wanted to say you have inspired me in more ways that you know and i loved reading about ‘your story’. it was incredibly touching and relatable.
as far as this post… that is my favorite mid-week breakfast!! i loooove pumpkin and who doesnt love some pb in their oats?! i was pretty estatic when i found a bag of Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice flavored ground coffee at the grocery store the other day…but where can i get pumpkin butter!?!
cant wait to try some of your latest recipes and keep reading. i’m sure this wont be my last comment either :]

6 Courtney November 6, 2010 at 10:19 am

Thank You so much! :-D
I actually received this pumpkin butter as a gift, but I’ve seen it at my local apple orchard, a couple specialty stores (i.e., Le Gourmet Chef) and I also saw some at Trader Joe’s, if you have one of those near you. Definitely try to get your hands on some…it’s phenomenal!

7 Shanna, like Banana November 5, 2010 at 11:39 am

Love the look :) I have rocked the same outfit very recently in fact!

What motivates me? Coffee…and more coffee..and whatever I’m doing that night!

8 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I’ve tried that Kendell Hogan workout! It’s definitely good for getting your heart rate up, but I agree about it not having many intense moves. I’m wearing a long button-up oversized sweater right now that I love! I love your outfit!

9 Jenna November 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm

haha I am doing a flash back to high school with a jean jacket :) I do love wearing my boots though!

10 Stephanie November 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm

So we are literally fashion twins today. I have a blue/white striped collared button down on with a thick brown belt around the waist too! I paired mine with jeggings (jean looking leggings – love) and some ballet flats. Happy Friday :)

11 lisaou11 November 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm

very cute! Love your makeover!

12 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 5, 2010 at 7:17 pm

The fun classes at the gym motivates me to get up in the morning!! I am obsessed with your boots!

13 It All Changes November 5, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I had to drive to New Hampshire today and I knew it would be cold. So I put on my grey running tights as tights under my dress with boots. They worked perfect and kept me warm :-)

14 CaSaundra November 6, 2010 at 8:38 am

Ooo love the outfit transformation–belts can work wonders!

15 sweetoothrunner November 6, 2010 at 10:51 am

Adding the belt makes that look SO much better! And I’m very jealous of your boots!
A good breakfast will make me jump (roll) out of bed! Or a planned workout. Unless it’s running outdoors and it’s raining, in which case a lie-in usually ensues! :P

16 Michelle November 6, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I love this version of Fashion Friday–you should continue doing it! I love seeing what others are wearing!

17 Courtney November 6, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Thanks Michelle! It was pretty fun, so I’m thinking I’m gonna try it out more often. :)