Finally…Not Running Against The Clock

by Courtney on November 6, 2010

There’s nothin’ like a Saturday when you have time to do a little bit of everything, without having any time constraints! :)

So far, my Saturday has looked a little something like this…

I slept in without using an alarm, and it was fabulous. I think I got about 10 hours of sleep, which I needed every.last.minute of.

After lounging around for a bit, I headed out for a nice little run outside.

Actually, that a lie.

It was not a nice little run. It was one of the most difficult runs I’ve tackled in a long time. It felt like my legs were as heavy as iron, my nose was running, and it was windy and cold.

But I still got it done, and I was happy for having done it. So YAY for me!

I decided I deserved a reward…so I went and got one of these:

THAT, my friends, is a pumpkin pie latte. Normally, I order my lattes sans whip cream, but I forgot to mention it and they didn’t ask. It’s ok…I immediately dug a finger in. Scrumptious. :-P

After rewarding myself with a little post-workout fuel, I stopped by the Farmer’s Market and picked up a couple goodies.

IMG_6135IMG_6136

Then I headed back home and did a little damage in the kitchen. ;)

I’m such a tease! Don’t worry, I’ll fill you guys in on the details soon. :)

Now Jay and I are headed out the door to run a few errands, enjoy a dinner out, then meet up with our friends Joe & Kate for a movie date. I guess we’re going to see Mega Mind, which looks pretty cute…we like switching things up every once in a while. And since I got to choose the last time we went to the movies, Jay actually voted for this one. I’ll let ya’ll know how it is! :)

Question for the Day:

What’s been the best part of YOUR Saturday so far?? :)

1 Darcy Pogue November 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm

The best part of my Saturday is that I GOT TO WORKOUT FOR 2 WHOLE HOURS!!!!!! I loved every minute of that! I so needed to sweat and I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and then took bodyflow. It wasn’t actually 2 whole hours…….more like an hour and a half, but who’s counting? IT felt good! I missed ya……maybe we’ll catch up at the gym soon……..enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 Courtney November 6, 2010 at 4:41 pm

That’s AWESOME Darce! I know, I’m sorry I didn’t make it…I needed to be able to sleep in, which ended up being about 9am by the time I woke up. I was definitely thinkin’ of you though! We’ll plan for something soon! :)

3 Jaclyn (Ananda Prana) November 6, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I slept in this morning without an alarm, as well. Sooo nice! Definitely the best part of my day, too :D

And I’m excited for your recipe of that scrumptious looking thing :P yum!

4 Amy November 6, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I’m a hairstylist and the best part of my day is that i was super busy today and even got 2 new customers. Oh, and hubbys a realtor and has 2 possible contracts. Keep ur fingers crossed for him!!!

5 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I’ve been having a very productive Saturday so far. I think the best part has been the cinnamon chip pumpkin bread I made this a.m.!

6 Sana November 6, 2010 at 5:28 pm

My best part as been eating at home! I am been so busy with school and I am so sick of just eating out!

7 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 6, 2010 at 5:40 pm

So glad you got so much sleep!! Can’t wait for the recipe of whatever it is that you made! It looks delicious! The best part of my Saturday is that I am at the airport on my way to Seattle:)

8 Jordan November 6, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Best part of my Saturday was running 11.3 miles this morning!! It was about 30 degrees out there, but that didn’t keep me from sweating profuuusely. :) Now I’m at work. Blaah! Actually, I work at Borders, so it’s pretty fun!

9 Heather T November 6, 2010 at 6:18 pm

The best part of my Saturday was baking 2 new pies that I’ve never made before. I made a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie. Also I got to visit with someone special today…your mom! :) I finally got my hair cut, haha.

10 Jess November 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

The best day of my Saturday was probably my nap! And I’m going to see Despicable Me later on campus- kiddish movies are the best!

11 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices November 6, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Rock on with your bad self :D Go you for getting your run in despite the FREEZING temperature.
I give you major props- I’ve freezing & we are in the 50s- I can’t imagine how cold it is up there!!
Enjoy the weekend :)

12 Tina November 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm

That sounds perfect! The best part of my day was spending time with a friend. It was a great break from a super busy day.

13 onehungrymonster November 6, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I caught up with a friend that I haven’t seen in about 9 months, I didn’t realise how much I had missed our catch ups.

14 Jenna November 7, 2010 at 9:15 am

I agree with Holly….it’s only about 48 here and I won’t run outside because of the cold temp haha i’m a wimp. On Saturday, I always look forward to my afternoon nap :)

15 CaSaundra November 7, 2010 at 9:42 am

Sounds like a lovely day! I spent my day shopping/baking/eating with a few of my girlfriends. Just what I needed!