Thanksgiving Dinner Melts, Elf, & Christmas Decorating

by Courtney on November 26, 2010

Whew! It has been a busy day of decorating over here in this house! :shock:

Of course, before getting started I had to pop Elf into the DVD player…it’s my favorite movie to decorate to!

Before getting the tree started, I put out some of our other decorations. Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to use them all, since I’ve lost a good amount of decorating space with the kitchen demo…but I made sure to put out my faves. :)

IMG_6598IMG_6596

I bought this post with the kitty on it last year at a craft fair because it reminded me so much of Cody. :) And I actually picked up the snowman today while out running errands…isn’t he cute??

It was almost time to start the tree, but FIRST…my absolute favorite Thanksgiving leftovers meal was ready to be had:

My “Thanksgiving Dinner Melt”

Oh yes my friends! That is a monster of a grilled sandwich, complete with:

• Leftover turkey
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Leftover “special stuffing
  • Provolone cheese

I look forward to this sandwich every year…probably just as much as the original meal itself. It’s soooo good. Hubby tried one too and he was quite impressed! :)

After getting some fuel in the belly, it was time to tackle the tree!

And of course somebody else had to get in on the action…

Wherrrrre’s Cody?!?”

I love going through and looking at all of our ornaments. Some are just plain silly…

But so many carry such great memories!

Such as this ornament that dates way back to when my grandmother was younger…

And this one from our honeymoon last year. Well, actually this year. Wow, this is actually going to be our first Christmas as hubby & wife…how fun! :mrgreen:

/p>

Finally, after 2 rounds of watching Elf…the tree was complete!

You like?? :)

Now that the tree is finished, time to do a little more clean up, then this gal is headed to bed. Gotta get up bright and early to work on some more kitchen stuff!

Goodnight Everyone! :)

1 tat November 26, 2010 at 9:51 pm

such a beautiful tree! elf is one of my favorites, but I actually decorated mine while watching “Sweet Home Alabama.” It has nothing to do with Christmas, but I just love the movie. I usually watch it while wrapping gifts, but this year I was in the mood to decorate while it was on!

2 Courtney November 26, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Still a good choice in movies!
I must get my tree decorating skills from someone pretty talented… ;)

3 Ashley November 26, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Aww, cute tree! The melt looks outstanding..wish I would have scooped up more leftovers! :)

4 Laurie @ Cookies 'n Cardio November 26, 2010 at 10:55 pm

That is my favorite part about Thanksgiving… the leftover sandwich! I make mine the same way without the cheese, I may have to give that a try!

5 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ November 26, 2010 at 11:02 pm

The Tree looks wonderful. Nice job. I think it’s so funny how cats are obsessed with Xmas trees. If mine aren’t climbing it, they have to hide underneath the tree skirt.

6 leashieloo November 26, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Your tree is so pretty and I love your decorations. I’m getting so excited for Christmas, I’m dusting off the decor and hope to have everything up by Sunday. Yay!

7 Jessy (squeezetheday) November 27, 2010 at 1:53 am

*drools* I really want that sandwich now! ;)

8 movesnmunchies November 27, 2010 at 2:34 am

the tree is gorgeous! you are so efficient to decorate already! .. we have that starbucks ornament too haha

9 squigglefloey November 27, 2010 at 4:22 am

Ah, I can’t wait to decorate a mini xmas tree when I go back home for break. I’d consider doing it now, but I’ll probably be more relaxed and in the mood after finals :)
Beautiful tree (and sandwich) hehehe :)

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 27, 2010 at 7:16 am

Ahh I want to decorate so badly!! We always get fresh trees so we have to wait a few more weeks to buy it. Looks great!!

11 Natalia Baage November 27, 2010 at 8:49 am

The tree’s very pretty! Glad to see you had fun doing it! :)

12 CaSaundra November 27, 2010 at 9:21 am

The tree turned out great–I think all cats are infatuated with Christmas trees..ours used to attempt climbing to the top! :-P

13 Amy @ Second City Randomness November 27, 2010 at 10:55 am

Lovin’ the tree!

And I cracked up at the Starbucks ornament… ahahahaha!

14 Holly November 28, 2010 at 4:04 pm

AWWW first as husband & wife?! LOVE IT! :D I always think you guys got married years ago, but I totally forgot it was THIS year, how crazy!? Your tree looks fantastic & Cody sure does seem to enjoy as well ;)