I Hoard Gourmet English Muffins…So What?

by Courtney on November 30, 2010

Boy I’ll tell ya…this gym decision is very difficult! :shock:

You’ve all got so many great reasons that support BOTH sides that I’m now stuck at a stand-still. Hmphh. :roll:

Well, here’s my plan for now:

Tomorrow, I’m going to attend a BodyPump class after work. Perhaps actually being back inside the gym will help me determine what exactly I should do. I will say, however, that I’m pretty psyched about the class…maybe that’s telling me something…?

Breakfast

Today’s morning meal was once again enjoyed at work. I’ll admit: it’s quite nice having my break first thing in the day!

I sipped on my mug-o-joe, along with another delicious yogurt combo bowl:

• Vanilla flavored Chobani
  • 3/4 diced pear (I ate the other 1/4 while prepping this morning)
  • 2-3 tbsp raisins
  • cinnamon + nutmeg
  • granola

So tasty! I seriously LOVE adding the spices to my yogurt…it makes SUCH a difference.

Before leaving for work, I made sure to snack on two of these gummies. Nooo, they aren’t fruit snacks…

They’re my new gummy multivitamins! :) I picked these up at Target last Friday, in an attempt to try to increase my vitamin intake.

They taste JUST like fruit snacks, and totally make me feel like a kid again – not only because they’re like fruit snacks, but because I’m eating gummy vitamins. ;)

Lunch

Thanks to my Turkey & Veggie Soup leftovers, lunch was ready to go! I didn’t snap a photo, but just picture this exact setup:

But in one of my snazzy tupperware containers, of course.

Dinner

The electric was being worked on in the kitchen tonight, so I was somewhat limited with my choices. After perusing through my freezer, I came across a package of gourmet English muffins that I’ve been hoarding had in the freezer for almost a year now. :shock:

My parents got Jay and I a few packs of these Wolferman’s English Muffins last year around Christmas time, and since I knew we couldn’t eat them all right away, I stored some away for safe-keeping. These are some of my FAVORITE English Muffins; they’re JUMBO-sized, and full of flavor. Calorie-wise, they’re more comparable to a bagel than a normal English Muffin, but they’re totally worth it! Perhaps a great gift idea for your favorite Foodie too?? ;)

Did you guys check out that Pumpkin Spice flavor???

Mmmmmm!! I was feeling a little indecisive, so I went with a handful of different toppers:

Left: Pumpkin cream cheese + pumpkin butter (I’ve STILL got loads of this stuff left!!)

Right: Saratoga Peanut Butter Company Plain Jane Creamy peanut butter + pumpkin butter

(This photo was obviously taken a while ago…I can no longer see the bottom of my kitchen table) ;)

If the lighting looks a little weird in tonight’s photos…well…it’s because…

This was my “lighting” for this evening. You like?? :)

Whenever I eat anything with two different kinds of toppings, I always have the hardest time deciding which one to save for last. Tell me I’m not the only one??? :-?

Aaaand I tend to eat them both in same pattern until I can finally decide…is that weird?

Maybe.

But I’ve been doing it for 26 years, why stop now?

Oh, and in case you’re wondering…I finished with the pumpkin cream cheese + pumpkin butter half. ;)

Gotta hurry…one of my FAVORITE Christmas cartoons is on TV right now!

source

Question for the Night:

What’s your favorite Christmas movie?? :)

1 Liz @ LBBakes November 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Haha! I do the same thing when I have separately topped bagels/toast/etc. I usually bite from each and then decide which one to save! :)

2 Shanna November 30, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Never seen pumpkin english muffins. They would be dangerous in my house!

3 Melissa November 30, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Several things . . . I have my planning from 9-10 AM (we start at 7:30) & I always eat my breakfast then. Even though I do it every day, it always feels like a treat! Also, I have the same gummy vitamins & they are the best! Target also makes a gummy calcium supplement–highly recommend! Finally, those English muffins are LEGIT! I had one last Christmas at a friend’s parents’ house & I am still thinking about it!

Have fun with the Grinch! :D

4 Karen November 30, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I love the Grinch too!! It’s my favorite Christmas movie!!

I like the gummy vitamins…it’s easier to chew 2 gummy vitamins than swallow a smelly vitamin!

5 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 30, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Haha, you hoard muffins- love it. I am the same with savoring the one last bite! My fav movie is Elf.

6 tat November 30, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I’d have to say my favorite Christmas movie is the 1951 version of “A Christmas Carol” with Alistar Simm as Scrooge. Fun show wise………….hmmm, I’d have to go with the Grinch too!

7 Jen is Green November 30, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Home Alone 2!!! Its way better than #1!!!!

8 Lauren November 30, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Santa Claus (1985 – not to be confused with the Tim Allen movie)

Every time I see Coke or fried chicken or a kid in a leather jacket it makes me think of tat movie. LOVE it.

And those english muffins.. wow. Delish!

9 Jess November 30, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I love christmas vacation and home alone :)

10 movesnmunchies December 1, 2010 at 1:55 am

WOAH!! ive only ever seen cinnamomn raisin flavors in bread! that sounds soo yummy!

11 sweetoothrunner December 1, 2010 at 7:50 am

ELF is totally my favourite Xmas movie! Although Love Actually comes a close second…! :D
I can’t believe you have pumpkin spice English muffins in America! I LIVE in England and we don’t get those!!

12 CaSaundra December 1, 2010 at 8:45 am

Ooo I never knew English muffins so delicious-sounding exist!! Thanx for the heads up ;-)

13 Jessy (squeezetheday) December 1, 2010 at 9:17 am

LOL, I often have problem deciding what to eat first if I have two different things in front of me! Sometimes, if possible, I just combine them. xD

14 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices December 1, 2010 at 9:32 am

I have NEVER heard of those gourmet English muffins…I have to admit I’m a tad jealous ;) My slightly obsessed self with English muffins would LOVE those! I’m going to have to check out the website.
I cannot wait to try that soup you made as well- soup is perfect in the winter :D

15 adventuresofpretendcook December 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas too. It is one of my favorites. You also can’t go wrong with A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I do the same thing you do with food . . . I save/hoard it. :)

16 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover December 1, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Hahahahaha – I do that ALL THE TIME too!
Pheew!
It’s so nice to know I’m not the only one :D

17 Shayla December 1, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Hahaha I do that all time time! Definitely not weird! And I’m definitely going to get those gummies – I hate taking those horse pills!

And I’ve been wondering if I should jump the gun and buy the TJ’s pumpkin cream cheese? I love to put things like that in yogurt and noticed you do the same – does it give it a thick consistency? I love putting in PB powder or Jello pudding mix to make it super thick! I’m a texture girl ;)

18 Courtney December 2, 2010 at 7:46 am

I LOVE putting stuff in my yogurt too! Actually, I don’t find that the cream cheese changes much with the consistency at all. I’ve also done the jello pudding mix (which is great!) but the cream cheese is nowhere near that consistency. I do it more for the flavor that it adds…DEFINITELY give it a shot! I like mixing it with peanut butter on my toast too. :-P

19 Shayla December 2, 2010 at 8:26 am

Oh my gosh – I went and did it and that pumpkin cream cheese is absolutely amazing!!!! It’s like my mom’s pumpkin chiffon pie! Now I have to stock up before the holiday season is over! :)

Thank you for the recommendation! And I’ll definitely be trying it with PB on toast – sounds delish :)

20 Amy December 1, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Mmmm pumpkin english muffins yummy!!!
I like The Christmas Story. Gotta love Ralphie

21 Courtney December 1, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Awwww, Ralphie! My family and I watch that for pretty much the full 24 hours that it’s on TBS between Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. ;)

22 Leanne December 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Love Actually is my favorite modern-day christmas movie, but I also love the Santa Claus’ movies with Tim Allen in them… <3 and miracle on 34th street! ahhh i gotta go watch a bunch this weekend!

23 Courtney December 1, 2010 at 7:13 pm

GREAT movie choices! Love Actually always puts me in SUCH a good mood. :)

24 onehungrymonster December 1, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I love a Christmas Vacation, Elf, Once Upon a Christmas, Twice Upon a Christmas with Kathy Ireland and any show where the theme is A Christmas Carol. I love A Christmas Carol, I am re reading the book again.

25 Rick December 2, 2010 at 6:16 am

Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christma is my fav of all time.