A Look Back at 2010

by Courtney on December 31, 2010

2010 has been quite a year for me. Not only did I create some amazing memories in 2010, but I also experienced some pretty major major milestones!

Nothin’ like starting the year off by getting married!

I traveled with my new husband to the absolutely beautiful St. Lucia for our Honeymoon.

IMG_0338IMG_0082

Where I also tried calamari and lamb for the first time!

IMG_0182IMG_0207

I turned 26. :shock:

IMG_0422IMG_0432

I started Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life! :-D

We bought our first home…

homeowners

…which is actually my grandparents’ old home. It’s so fun to create new memories in a place where so many great old memories still exist. :)

I saw one of my all-time favorite groups from when I was younger sing live…Boyz II Men!

I celebrated and watched two of our best friends, Joe & Kate, get married.

I went on a cupcake baking frenzy! :-P

IMG_3090IMG_3357IMG_3104IMG_3577IMG_3106IMG_3350IMG_3578IMG_3534IMG_4699IMG_3624IMG_5086IMG_5101IMG_5103IMG_3580

I had the pleasure of meeting some absolutely fantastic ladies at my first-ever Blogger Brunch, and continue to keep in touch with them. :)

Blogger Brunch shot

I helped throw a bridal shower for one of my best friends, Joelle.

I visited Chicago for the first time,

and met some wonderful women (now blog friends!) at the Healthy Living Summit.

IMG_4026IMG_3962IMG_4028IMG_4085

Thanks to the lovely Gina, I tried Indian food for the first time and fell in love. :)

A couple weeks later, I went to Las Vegas for the first time to celebrate my friend Joelle’s bachelorette party. :shock:

Before I knew it, summer was over and fall showed up…

I went to my first-ever Army vs. Navy game at West Point.

I had the honor of being in my good friend Joelle’s wedding in Lake George.

I chowed down at Chowderfest,

And celebrated our 2nd Annual Fall Festival with friends.

As the year quickly began coming to a close, the fun certainly did not!

I finally learned how to make my Mom’s famous homemade sauce.

Jay and I had a blast sampling wines at our local Pride of NY Harvest Fest.

IMG_6301IMG_6300

And we had just as much fun at cold & rainy Jets game. :)

2010 finally began winding down with a good amount of cookie baking,

IMG_6889IMG_6723IMG_6868IMG_6886

and a one big mess of a kitchen remodel! :shock:

IMG_6231IMG_6458IMG_6476IMG_7107IMG_7198IMG_7344

I already knew 2010 was a fun year, but after looking back, I realized that it wasn’t just fun…it was a BLAST!

I’ll be sad to see it go, but I’m even more excited to see what 2011 has in store! :shock:

Tonight I’m headed out to spend New Years Eve with some of my best friends, so I’m pretty excited.

I wish you all a fabulous end to 2010! Remember to be safe, and have FUN!!!! :-D

Question for the Day:

What are your favorite memories of 2010??

1 Blog is the New Black December 31, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I loved reading your re-cap! I’m so glad I found your blog this year- your recipes and posts always make me smile. Happy new year!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Now Dip- Baby- Dip!

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) December 31, 2010 at 3:43 pm

oh wow i didnt know you only just started your blog this year! you can have so far!! i love all your highlights- what a great year for you! all the best in 2011!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Recipe Love

3 Susan December 31, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Looks like you had a good year :) Those cupcakes look delicious! Gosh If I went on a baking spree I’d eat all of them, and I’d be in a mess real quick!

To pick a favorite memory of 2010 is a little bitter sweet, but finding out I was pregnant again in Sept. While we lost the baby at the end of the first trimester, having that experience and knowing that soon enough I’ll get to again was awesome!
Susan recently posted..Year in Review picture post

4 amy December 31, 2010 at 4:45 pm

one of my fav memories was actually Weds. night me, my sister, my mom and i went to see Bret michaels. we were right up front it was a great girls night out. I had a blast. Congrats on all ur acheivements this year. You’ve had alot! Be safe tonight.

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 31, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Looks like a fun year! Thanks for bring us along for the ride. :) Can’t wait to see what 2011 has in store! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

6 Lisa December 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Awesome Recap! Congrats on the wedding, blogging and fun! I just started reading your blog a few months ago and love it! Love all the fun recipes!! Happy New Year!

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 31, 2010 at 5:56 pm

What a great year!! I love that you got married in January- such an unexpected but pretty month. I’ve always wanted a winter wedding! Happy New Year’s!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

8 vvvv December 31, 2010 at 6:17 pm

happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds December 31, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Wow… you’ve had a busy year!!! Lots of exciting memories… and delicious goodies :)

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 31, 2010 at 8:40 pm

What a fun-packed year you had! HLS was definitely a highlight :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..The End of Twenty Ten

11 Meagan December 31, 2010 at 11:39 pm

I love those cupcakes! They are look so good!

Such an eventful year for you!

12 Amy at TheSceneFromMe January 1, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I love reading posts like this and seeing all the fun and cool things that others did last year!
Happy New Year and cheers to a prosperous new year!
Amy at TheSceneFromMe recently posted..Cookie Dough In The Middle

13 Stefanie January 1, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Wow girl, you’ve done it all in 2010! And I would say starting off the year with getting married means 2010 could have been nothing but great! :)

14 Duchess of Fork January 1, 2011 at 12:57 pm

What a fabulous year for you, Courtney! I didn’t realize you started the blog this year. Great job! It seems like you’ve been doing it forever. Best wishes in 2011! :)

15 Jess Masters January 3, 2011 at 9:50 am

Looks like you’ve had a great year! My favorite part of 2010 was my engagement <3 Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!!!