The Best I’ve Ever Had

by Courtney on January 22, 2011

Hey everyone! How’s your Saturday going? Smile

I’ve had myself a nice little Saturday, which started off with a fun Starbucks date!

Earlier in the week, I made plans to meet up with my friend, Heather. Unfortunately with our busy schedules, we don’t get to see each other nearly as often as we’d like. So we spent a couple hours chatting away and catching up on the past couple months.

While we sat and chatted, I sipped on an exceptionally delicious Skinny Caramel Macchiato,

and also ordered the Egg White, Spinach, & Feta Wrap.

It was good, but not great. The egg whites almost tasted a little spongy today?

We had a great time eating, drinking, and chatting away. Hopefully I’ll get to see her again sooner rather than later! Winking smile

Throughout the afternoon, I had some work to do around the house and never really sat down to an actual lunch. I enjoyed a couple snacks, one of which being this fantastic yogurt mess.

A vanilla flavored Chobani, mixed with some raisins, half a banana, Multigrain Cheerios, and some cinnamon. Suuuuper tasty.

When it came time for dinner, hubby and I both knew that no cooking was going to be taking place today. Even though we finally do have countertops and a working stove, we are still without a sink, and have our pots and pans scattered randomly throughout the house.

Soooo, we picked up the phone and ordered some delivery. Tssk tssk, I know…eating two meals out in one day. Embarrassed smile

But hey, at least I incorporated some extra veggies-from-home into my meal, right??

We ordered from one of the local Italian restaurants in our neighborhood, Testo’s. This place is seriously becoming a favorite of ours. Everything we get from here is amaze-balls….and tonight was no exception!

Look at all that food! Surprised smile Ok, here’s the lowdown…

Jay and I got an order of garlic bread to share. I easily finished off my half. Easily.

After getting word that Testo’s makes the “best meatballs on the planet,” I decided to give them a go tonight.

Let me first say this: Mom, I love you and your meatballs to death

But these meatballs were most definitely the best meatballs I’ve ever had. WOW! Jay and I each had one.

Since I knew we were ordering everything else, plus the veggies, I just decided to order the appetizer-sized Pasta Fagioli. Even ordering the smaller size, I still have half left to enjoy for tomorrow’s lunch. Smile

I actually probably could have finished off the rest of the pasta fagioli no prob; however, I didn’t want to make myself uncomfortable, aaaaaand I have to make sure to save room for a little dessert later on…

Oh yes, some baking was happenin’ today!

I’ll share the deets tomorrow, but for now, hubby and I are off to go watch a movie. We picked up The Social Network earlier, which I’ve been dying to see since it came out. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations!

Soooo, I’ll catch ya’ll on the flip side! Smile

Question for the Evening:

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten this week?

1 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Sounds like a fun day! It’s so nice to catch up with friends!

I love our local Italian place…it’s so good! And the fact that they deliver makes it even better! Yours looks awesome! Have a great night!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..It worked!!!!

2 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 22, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Haven’t tried the skinny caramel macchiato but knowing it’s good I might try it!! That italian food looks to die!! YUM!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Wrap it up

3 Shanna, like Banana January 22, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I’m drooling already!

Best thing I’ve eaten this week is sweet potato pancakes AND cherry almond coffee cake. I die!

4 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 22, 2011 at 9:41 pm

My boyfriend is Italian and I make his grandmother’s recipe for pasta fagioli – it is so amazing! Seriously one of my favorite easy dishes ever! Hope you enjoy The Social Network, we really liked it :)
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Can You Really Go Wrong

5 Courtney January 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

Ooooo, is it a recipe that you’d be able to share by any chance????? :-D
I’ve been looking for one to try!

6 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

Of course! It’s on my site: http://cookinfanatic.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/pasta-fagioli/
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Can You Really Go Wrong

7 Courtney January 23, 2011 at 4:59 pm

AWESOME!! Thanks, Stephanie! :)

8 ezzie January 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Those meatballs look delish! Horrah for Italian food! :D

9 ezzie January 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Those meatballs look delish! Horrah for Italian food! :D

10 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 22, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Geez… I’ve had a lot of good eats this week! I can’t choose one… but I will say that I tried nutritional yeast for the first time today. Amazing. :D

Looks like a nice and fun Saturday! :D

11 alex January 23, 2011 at 12:03 am

hi! just wanted to say how much i enjoy your blog. i found it today while searching for jets cupcakes for tomorrow (so far unsuccessful) but now am looking forward to trying some of your recipes! and go j e t s :)

12 Courtney January 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

Oh my gosh, that’s too funny!
GOOOO JETS!!! :-D

13 ashley@quasichick January 23, 2011 at 12:24 am

I want to see the social network..OH and FYI I emailed you my info–I can’t believe I won the giveaway–my very 1st!! Thank you so much!
ashley@quasichick recently posted..Meal Planning on the Cheap!

14 Jessica Lee January 23, 2011 at 1:43 am

I used to eat out like 3 meals a day! Not good for me or the wallet.
Jessica Lee recently posted..my sick babies

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 23, 2011 at 2:28 am

Sounds like you had a great day! The best thing I had this week was an amazing veggie burger from a build-your-own-burger place. It was amazing with a side order of sweet potato fries!

16 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy January 23, 2011 at 2:37 am

Hm, the best thing I’ve eaten all day was probably my pumpkin iced coffee from Gloria Jeans! So, I guess that would be the best thing I’ve drank! haha ;)

17 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 23, 2011 at 5:28 am

Oooh those cookies look gooood! You’d better share the recipe or else! :P

I made breakfast cake yesterday. That was probably the highlight of my year! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Happy

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries January 23, 2011 at 8:09 am

The best thing I ate this weekend was a big, juicy burger from Ray’s Hell Burger! Such a treat!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Saturday’s Morning Sweat

19 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl January 23, 2011 at 8:27 am

I always have to save a little room for dessert! I thought the Social Network was really good. This weekend we picked up Dinner for Schmucks and all I can say is that I want those 90 minutes of my life back :(
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Sticking to the List

20 Blog is the New Black January 23, 2011 at 8:35 am

Can’t wait for that recipe! Best thing this week: creamsicle cookies I made yesterday. Oh yea!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..What The!

21 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 23, 2011 at 10:40 am

ooo yummy cookies!! the best thing ive eaten… hmm probably sweet cottage cheese combos!! im eating one right now with jam, cocoa powder, agave, rice puffs and sf syrup! oh and cinnamon!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

22 Courtney January 23, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Now I’m wishing I bought more cottage cheese at the store today. YUMM!!! :-P

23 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 23, 2011 at 11:23 am

My boyfriend and I ordered Thai last night- that definitely wins!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

24 Faith @ lovelyascharged January 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm

The best thing I’ve had this week was a tie between my white wine kale or my cauliflower quinoa stew. I’m writing up recipe posts for them an salivating wishing I had leftovers to chow down on!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..She Dreams of Feta

25 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 23, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Nothing like a good ole’ yogurt mess!

P.S. Those cookies look soo good!!

26 Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life January 23, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Let us know how The Social Network is! The trailer didn’t make me interested but everyone who has seen it and has given it rave reviews has!
Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life recently posted..Still a Sicky

27 Courtney January 23, 2011 at 4:57 pm

The Social Network was good! I really liked it because it was cool knowing just exactly how it started, seeing as though I was in college when it launched. Definitely interesting to find out the back story!

28 Holly January 24, 2011 at 11:11 am

Oh my- those look awesome & I don’t even eat beef! They are huge! Holy yum!! That garlic bread looks to. die. for!
So glad you were able to enjoy a nice Saturday :D
Holly recently posted..Wedding Invitations