Another Year Older

by Courtney on January 30, 2011

Another year older? Yes.

Another year wiser? One would beg to differ. Winking smile

I spent the majority of the day lounging around at home, keeping things pretty low key. Of course there was some cake eating involved, and at one point, I actually decided to go on to Jay’s PS3 and download Tetris. I used to LOVE playing Tetris on the old school Nintendo game system!

source

This evening, Jay and I met up with my parents and our friends Brian and Mal for a little celebratory birthday dinner at the Albany Pump Station.

The Pump Station brews some really great beers, but I decided to abstain from any special beverages after last night’s abundance of frozen margaritas. Party smile

So I started dinner off with a small cup of their French Onion soup.

I’ve always been a fan of French Onion soup, but their description just made it sound so much more enticing…

Caramelized Bermuda and Spanish onions simmered in a rich broth topped with garlic croutons and served with bubbly Swiss cheese

It was a good choice. A very good choice. Smile

And for my entrée, I ordered the Baked Veggie Wrap, which was provolone, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, Romano and feta chesses in a wrap, brushed with garlic butter and topped with sesame seeds. Served with a side of apple-cider balsamic
vinaigrette.

The wrap was amazingly delicious! Not only were the veggies and cheeses great, but the wrap itself had such a good flavor. I would definitely get this again.

Aaaaand, I debated on getting a side salad to go with my wrap, but then again, it is my birthday, so sweet potato fries sounded so much more appropriate. Winking smile

After we finished up our meal, I was offered a dessert menu; and since I’m not usually one to turn down a sweet treat, I decided to order some Apple Crisp.

With a birthday candle! Open-mouthed smile

The apple crisp itself was really tasty, but they had unfortunately just run out of vanilla ice cream. Booooo.

Jay and I shared, and it was a pretty small portion, so I may just happen to have room for a couple more bites of birthday cake before calling it a day.

I still can’t believe I’m 27 years oldit just doesn’t sound right??? Disappointed smile

Thank you to everyone for your sweet birthday wishes! You’ve all helped make my day a special one indeed. Open-mouthed smile

1 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 30, 2011 at 8:36 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I’m glad you had a good time celebrating last night, and enjoyed tonight. You have to have fries AND dessert on your birthday, it’s the rule :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Quantum Heat

2 Melissa January 30, 2011 at 8:38 pm

A very happy birthday to you! Sounds like you had lots of great treats–that’s what birthdays are for! :)

3 vanessa January 30, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I love how you sort of review restaurants for me, so i know what to get/not get!

4 Stefanie January 30, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Happy Birthdayy!! It looks like you had a great one! :D

5 Blubeari January 30, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Happy Birthday! Those sweet potato fries look reeealy good. :)
Blubeari recently posted..Getting out of comfort zone Snowboarding success

6 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 30, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Those sweet potato fries look amazing!!! Perfect for a birthday meal!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Raining Cats and Dogs

7 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews January 30, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Happy Birthday! I love tetris and that wrap looks AMAZING!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Anna Gettys Easy Green Organic Review and Giveaway

8 Jen January 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Happy Birthday! I love the pump station–the baked veggie wrap is my favorite, I get that every time I go there! So good!!
Jen recently posted..Nutrition Science

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 30, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Happy birthday!!!! :D :D :D Sounds like the perfect day!

10 Shanna, like Banana January 30, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Happy Birthday! Be happy you’re not 31 ;-P
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Happy happy happy!

11 Grace January 30, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Glad you had a great birthday week and that veggie wraps look so yummy=)
Grace recently posted..No Pictures Please!

12 Stacie January 30, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Hope you had a great birthday week!
Stacie recently posted..Oh boy- do I have a treat for you

13 Emma January 31, 2011 at 4:55 am

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY sweetheart!!
Emma recently posted..Is anybody out there

14 Uttoran Sen January 31, 2011 at 6:37 am

Happy birth day,
this is my first comment and my first visit on your blog, and it is on your birthday :)

thanks for sharing your food pictures with us, made me hungry though,
cheers,
Uttoran Sen recently posted..Hair Regain – Look for Hair Transplant

15 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 31, 2011 at 8:30 am

what a lovely dinner! esp that soup and dessert! bummer on the ice cream :(.. 27! you young GAL!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

16 Lisa @ healthy diaries January 31, 2011 at 8:38 am

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!- It looks like you did! :)

17 Jackie @ Baking Charms January 31, 2011 at 8:43 am

Aw happy birthday! That apple crisp looks divine :)
Jackie @ Baking Charms recently posted..Georges Brasserie Blogger Dinner!

18 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 31, 2011 at 10:20 am

Sweet potato fries look great!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Crepes &amp Skates

19 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds January 31, 2011 at 12:00 pm

haha… wait until you turn 29!!! I am still in shock… this year I will be 30… that should be interesting… …. …
Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds recently posted..Rain or Shine

20 CaSaundra February 1, 2011 at 9:46 am

Oo what an awesome birthday meal! Glad you had a fabulous day :-)