Kegs and Eggs Shenanigans

by Courtney on March 13, 2011

Yesterday’s Kegs & Eggs was such a blast!!!!

Once everyone started to arrive, we got to work on breakfast…Overnight French Toast & Egg Strata

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (don’t knock ‘em, they’re awesome!)

Mal’s Blueberry Coffee Cake

Plus some other goodies, including Kate’s Cheddar & Sour Cream Scones and Andrea’s brownies. Smile

Then, of course, there were the beverages…

Frozen mimosas! They were good, but the general consensus is that they’re better straight up, not frozen.

Boys being boys. Winking smile

Eventually Just Dance 2 was broken out, and it was dance party time!!

IMG_1005IMG_1007IMG_1014IMG_1017IMG_1018IMG_1020

At first, Cody wasn’t quite sure what to make of everything going on…

but he ended up having plenty of people willing to play with him during the day. He was a happy camper. Smile

As the day went on, we all decided we’d rather just hang out at the house rather than fight the crowds at the parade. So we made our own fun shenanigans!

For example, my brother thought it would be fun to sled down the front of the yard.

But then realized that being hit by an oncoming car probably wouldn’t be as fun…

So then we brought the party out to the back yard, where some games of beer pong ensued.

And then, once again, my brother thought it would be fun to “help us clean up our old kitchen cabinets” by smashing them with softball bats.

Jay also thought this would be a good idea. Ohhh boys. Eye rolling smile

This picture really makes me laugh. Smile

Overall, I think everyone really enjoyed themselves! Some may have enjoyed themselves a little too much, but I won’t mention any names….

Winking smile

****************

Jay and I just finished up some leftover breakfast, and now we’ll see where the day brings us. I was hoping to go out to look for a new kitchen table, but I was just informed that today is “Selection Sunday” with basketball soooooo, not sure if I’ll be able to coerce him out of the house.

Call me crazy, but I just don’t understand all of the hoopla over this “March Madness” stuff?

Question for the Day:

Do you follow college basketball? Do you get involved in any brackets?

1 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 13, 2011 at 10:38 am

BAAHahh sounds and looks like a BLAST! i love all the green spirit! i LOVE college bball- i dnt usually do brackets seriously.. i just make them up for fun!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Many Munchies

2 Tara @ The Game of Life March 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

Looks like y’all had fun! Btw those cinnamon rolls are amazing!! I don’t do brackets for b-ball but I love watching the games!! GO UNC!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..My birthday festivities have already started

3 Hannah (Hannah Lives) March 13, 2011 at 11:16 am

That’s a great idea! I haven’t done Kegs & Eggs since fall 2006! Kegs & Eggs at one of the frat house on campus, or a friends apartments, and then a short bus ride downtown for a Gopher football game! I may have to start this tradition on St. Patty’s weekend too!

P.s. I love Pillsbury cinnamon rolls! When I was a kid I would make a tube under the guise that it was for the whole family, and then eat 6 of the 8 over the course of the day (my family isn’t really into sweets)!
Hannah (Hannah Lives) recently posted..Five Things

4 cait March 13, 2011 at 11:30 am

haha ohmygosh i love all the pictures :) sounds and lOOKS like you guys had a great party! xo
cait recently posted..32 Concerts

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 13, 2011 at 11:58 am

Ahaha! It looks like you guys had so much fun! What a great idea :) And with the basketball – I don’t get it either. I’m getting my Master’s at George Mason and they’re doing really well – but I just can’t get into it. Oh well! ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Icing Overload

6 briana March 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I went to school at arizona so march madness is our time of year I love it and I get involved with brackets it’s fun!

7 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) March 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Looks like a fun afternoon! I agree, there is nothing wrong with Pillsbury cinnamon rolls :)

I have to agree with your husband, Selection Sunday is one of the best sports days of the year! I can’t get enough March Madness – I think it’s the sports fanatic in me. :)
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Nutter Butter Stuffed Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Super Peanut Butter Cookies

8 fsugirl! March 13, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Is that a CHRISTMAS snowman decoration I see? I don’t judge….. ;)

9 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Looks like fun! I can NOT get into things like March Madness. Sometimes I’ll keep track of the scores if I happen to randomly bet on games (my coworkers love doing this,) but usually I just breeze past basketball.
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..The Kitchen Sink

10 Melissa March 13, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I am a football girl, so not all that into March Madness . . . but I’m also a sports fan, so I’ll watch a game if it’s on.

I love the intense concentration on your face in the beer pong pic! I am the same way, but I never realize how focused I am until I see a pic like that! :)
Melissa recently posted..Sham-Rockin’ Cookies

11 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer March 13, 2011 at 3:31 pm

That looks like such a blasty!!! I would have never even thought to make frozen mimosas…
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..No one Mourns the Wicked

12 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I’m not really into college basketball, whic is funny because last year I won the pool for my work! $100!!! This year, our fifth grade classes are doing a geography project with the teams!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

13 Grace March 13, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I don’t really follow any sports but your march madness party looks like so much fun!

14 Caitlin March 13, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Hahah that picture at the end is super cute/ funny! I love great candids!
Caitlin recently posted..Lil- do we serve water with our whiskey

15 Holly March 14, 2011 at 9:19 am

That looks like a blast! I can’t believe you still have SNOW! OMG!! Crazy! I’m sure you are SO over it.
Love the name of the party – Kegs & Eggs- cute idea ;)
Holly recently posted..Final Fitting DONE!

16 Courtney March 14, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Ughhh, you’re not kidding, Holly. I am so totally OVER this snow! Hopefully by the end of this week it will be mostly melted. :)

17 Ashley Rose March 14, 2011 at 10:03 am

Your kegs & eggs pics make me miss college!!

And I’m so excited for March Madness! I’m in a bracket tournament with some girlfriends but its just for fun – no money. But maybe we should put a little wager bc we get kinda competitive!
Ashley Rose recently posted..Spring Ahead

18 Lindsey March 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

looks like you guys had a great day (how can it be a bad day when there are mimosas and cinnamon rolls involved?)!

I’m definitely looking forward to March Madness. Choosing a bracket makes the tournament so much more exciting. If you like sports, need some advice as to how to make your Madness selections or just need a laugh, check out my blog at http://www.sportsblitzditz.com
Lindsey recently posted..Just Call Me Peyton Manning…But CuterAnd Better Dressed