You Are Not Funny

by Courtney on March 31, 2011

Tomorrow IS April 1st, right? Because by the looks of our upcoming weather forecast, you certainly could have fooled me…

april1

6-10 inches of SNOW?!?! I’m hoping that this is all just some sort of mean April Fools Day joke from Mother Nature herself, but I have a feeling I’m not going to be so lucky.

This has certainly been one of the snowiest winters we’ve had here in a long time. And yes, it is technically “spring,” but I have a really hard time grasping that, knowing that more of the “white stuff” is on the way! Disappointed smile But since there is, unfortunately, nothing I can do to change it, I’ll just wait and hope for some warm weather to follow and melt it all away.

I’m ready to start wearin’ my flip flops again (right after I get another pedicure, that is…) Winking smile

************

Breakfast

Sorry for the repeats here, folks, but I’ve got a good thing goin’ and I can’t stop! This morning was the same exact breakfast as yesterday, so I’m recycling the photo.

As always, my top half was saved for last. Winking smile

Some other snacks that have been enjoyed so far today are a Clif Z Bar,

and a fantastic Strawberry-Banana Green Monster, with the addition of more…chia seeds!

It was scrump-diddly-umptious…

but has now got my darn Raynaud’s kicking up! Confused smile

I guess I better go grab myself a warm mug of somethin’ yummy!

Question for the Day:

What is your ideal weather like??

1 Faith @ lovelyascharged March 31, 2011 at 1:46 pm

My ideal weather is warm, sunny and beach-ready!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..One Hell of a Monday

2 Shanna, Like Banana March 31, 2011 at 1:48 pm

More snow!???!!! Sheesh!

We’re almost to 80 degrees in Cali and I’m thinking I might be hitting up our pool tomorrow ;)
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Weighty matters — part 3

3 Courtney March 31, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I’m jealous…VERY jealous! ;)

4 Tara @ The Game of Life March 31, 2011 at 2:16 pm

We are going to hit 87 degrees in Texas today! I think this is my ideal weather too!! Not too hot! I am loving your breakfast, and I have a kids z bar everyday! the brownie and choc.chip flavors seriously taste like dessert to me!! I think I could eat 5 a day!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

5 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy March 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm

We’re supposed to get more snow this weekend too! Ugh, really?! Come on flip flop season!!

6 Jess March 31, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Oh no, that is horrible weather for April! Where are you located? I’m also in Cali, and it is about 80 degrees today! I love it, don’t think I could ever live anywhere else :).

PS-I’m in nursing school and we’ve learned about Raynaud’s a lot…but I’ve never actually seen it on someone…it’s pretty crazy! Does it really hurt when it starts flaring up?
Jess recently posted..Sore Legs

7 Courtney March 31, 2011 at 3:12 pm

It really only gets painful when I’m extremely cold. Otherwise, it varies between just feeling ridiculously cold, sometimes tingly, and sometimes almost numb. It’s the strangest thing, really.

8 Erin @ The Grass Skirt March 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I also have Raynaud’s! It is the worst in cold weather, isn’t it? I can hardly feel my hands and feet when I’m cold, so I definitely prefer warmer temps.

9 Courtney March 31, 2011 at 3:11 pm

YES, me too!

10 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 31, 2011 at 2:54 pm

It’s supposed to be 82 here in the Bay Area, CA today – sending some sunshine your way!

11 Courtney March 31, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Alright all you Californians, you’re really starting to make me jealous now!! How ’bout we start a collection to send me out your way??? ;)

12 fsugirl! March 31, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Oh my! In FL, we’re stuck with RAIN RAIN and more RAIN! Ughhhh.. oh where has my Sunshine State gone? ;)

13 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 31, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Regular weather – 72, no humidity. (I should probably be in SoCal for that!)
Running weather – 55, no humidity. (I sweat like a guy. Need it nice and cool!)
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Three Things Thursday

14 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 31, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I thought VA weather was bad! It’s cold and rainy and all around yucky, but no snow! I’m so ready to ditch my sweaters for some cute sundresses!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Where the Heck did Tuesday Go!

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 31, 2011 at 3:47 pm

My ideal weather is 75, sunny, with no humidity in the air AT ALL!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

16 Melissa March 31, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I have Raynaud’s, too! It’s so annoying! I need the use of my fingers, thank you. They told me I could take blood pressure medication and that might help it, but that I would be tired all the time. Nice alternative! So I just deal with it. Harumph!

I like 70 or above . . . all the way up to 90s if I’m near water. I’m a summer girl through and through! Maybe you can look at your snow as an excuse to make one last cozy comfort meal and then be done with it!
Melissa recently posted..Speedy Soup

17 Kristi @ Kristi Ate It March 31, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I just wrote a post on the same thing! I guess we are close. This weather is driving me nuts! At least thing weekend is supposed to be nicer.

My ideal weather would have to be around 75 and not a cloud in the sky!
Kristi @ Kristi Ate It recently posted..Three Things Thursday

18 erica March 31, 2011 at 5:08 pm

low to mid 70s, but sunny!!! and no humidity!!!
erica recently posted..a busy wedding bee kind of day

19 Karen March 31, 2011 at 5:17 pm

My ideal weather is 80 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze in the air. I can’t believe your forecast is predicting snow!! Hope you don’t get what they are predicting!!
Karen recently posted..Back to Basics

20 Lisa March 31, 2011 at 5:19 pm

AHHH! I have Rayneuds too! However you spell it haha! Whenever I experience a temperature change my three middle fingers (LIKE YOURS) turn white! I hate ittt because it makes your fingers so numb!!

21 Megan (Braise The Roof) March 31, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Girl, I feel ya. I’m going to freeze my butt off at the Cubs game tomorrow! They’re predicting snow in the morning and Wrigley is already cold enough as it is! I save the top half of the English muffin/bagel for last, too. :)
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Spring is in the…Food

22 Kimberley March 31, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I am now craving a green monster…maybe it will help me get over my flu :)

My ideal weather is pretty much anything besides snow haha, there is still alot of snow here in Canada where i live :(
Kimberley recently posted..Spring Blues

23 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) March 31, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Ah that weather is ridiculous! You are more than welcome to spend a few days here in our warm Miami weather :D
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Battle Of The Oats

24 Courtney March 31, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Ahhhh, I would LOVE to! 8-)

25 Laura March 31, 2011 at 7:26 pm

If it could be 75-80 eight months of the year and swimming weather the rest (85-90), I would be a happy girl. Even with global warming, I don’t think Albany will ever be that kind to me.
Laura recently posted..Photo Challenge Part 2

26 jaclyn March 31, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Gahh too abd about the weather, I am sorry about that!
Maybe the forecast will be wrong??

Are you still teaching – just not today??
jaclyn recently posted..Fun Plans Tonight

27 Courtney March 31, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Yes, I am, I just had to take a half day today.

28 Courtney Ferrell April 1, 2011 at 9:08 am

I have occassional Raynaud’s too!
My ideal weather is 75-80 degrees and sunny! I am not a fan of cold weather!
Courtney Ferrell recently posted..Introducing