Checking In On Those Goals

I don’t know about you, but I’m really having a hard time grasping the fact that today is April 1st. Already. Mannnn, time really flies when you’re having fun!

Thankfully, our weather forecasters, once again, got the storm wrong and we’re only being greeted with a slight dusting of snow out there this morning.

Dusting or not, I’m still ready for it to melt. Confused smile

I started out my Friday with a nice run on the treadmill: 3.5 miles in about 33 minutes. I wanted to go longer but my legs were just not feelin’ it today. Hubby must have been sleeping soundly enough, because he didn’t mention one word! Smile

This morning, I’m rockin’ another killer cereal combo bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Cinnamon Burst Cheerios, Kashi Go Lean Crisp, and vanilla almond milk.

I’ve got a banana packed up with me to enjoy along with the coffee I’m about to go grab. Hooray for Coffee Friday!! Open-mouthed smile

2011 Goals Check-In

Seeing as though we’re now officially one quarter of the way through 2011 (WOW!), I thought it would be a good time to check the progress I’ve made so far on my 2011 Goals!

• Run my first 10K I’m currently signed up for the 8th Annual Spring Run-Off 10K on April 30th! AND I’ll be running it with some fabulous ladies to boot! WOOT!
  • Run the Boilermaker I’m still signed up and I’ve got a training schedule in my possession and ready to go. I plan on starting it at the beginning of May.
  • Commit to YogaI know I could still make some improvements in this area, but I have been making a solid attempt to incorporate it at least once a week. Lately, my go-to yoga sessions have been Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown + 10lb. Slimdown Yoga from Exercise on Demand.

• Improve my time management skills Ummm, I think it depends on the day. I still feel like I’m usually rushing. Eye rolling smile
  • Get our finances organized Money – Jay and I have been married over a year now and we still have a lot of progress to make in this area. ***We have begun making some good progress. Especially thanks to that $50,000 we won on a lotto ticket a couple weeks ago!
  • Be more spontaneous!We’ve definitely had some unexpected fun, and I’m hoping there’s even more to come. Open-mouthed smile
  • Read more booksI’m currently reading a really cute book, so at least I’ve started!
  • Visit 2 new statesWe’ve already got Massachusetts checked off on our Adventure Map! Auto

• Continue to keep you all coming back…and keep spreading the word!Things are definitely going well with STSL! Thank you to all of you who continue to visit me everyday. I’ve definitely noticed some new readers lately as well…WELCOME to you all!!
  • Invest in a DSLR cameraNo luck yet. While I did invest in a new camera, it was not a DSLR. I’m not giving up hope yet though…2011 is still young! Winking smile

Overall, I’m very happy with the progress I’m making so far this year. Yippeee!

Question for the Day:

How is YOUR 2011 shaping up so far??

****And just in case your wondering about that “winning lotto ticket” I mentioned above, I should also say…

Happy April Fools Day Smile with tongue out

ahhh i still can’t believe its APRIL either girl! so crazy! i love all the goals you have- i really need to start making some of mine to make sure im on track with everything! have a fabulous friday dear! xo
    cait recently posted..Hairstyle Help!

• Courtney says

We’ve been in the past, but not to count towards our Adventure Map…I’ll definitely keep that in mind! 😉

Nice April Fool’s joke. I read about that ticket and just thought, “What!?” Haha, it would be nice to luck into that kind of dough! My 2011 is coming along nicely- I’m drinking tons of H2O (goal #1) and have cut out a lot of crafty ideas so I can soon make something (goal #2)!
    Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..DIY- Raised Garden Beds

Love your April Fools joke, that was a good one! I can’t believe that 2011 is 1/3 complete already…seems like just yesterday I was writing down my goals for the year!
    Karen recently posted..Back to Basics

Ok, so you totally got me!! I feel like such a dummy! :)

You’re making great progress on your 2011 goals, way to go!
    I’d love some tips on how to get more readers. Have you ever done a blogging tips post before?

I’m a little new to your blog.
    Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..All by myself…

• Courtney says

Hey Lisa! No, in fact I have never done a blogging tips post before, mostly because I don’t know if I’m really knowledgeable enough to post them! Haha…there’s still plenty that I’m learning as well. But I’ll have to see if there’s something I can come up with…thanks for the idea!

Sorry about your snow! :( Sending warm thoughts your way!

Have you tried the Body by Bethenny on Exercise onDemand? I really like it! is a great site if you want somewhere to start on the whole finances thing. I still have a long way to go there, too, but I think that site is a great place to start!
    Melissa recently posted..Speedy Soup

great goals! And I love how they arent ALL fitness related. But about each part of your life. (defiantly makes me think about mine….)
    And in April there shouldnt be snow. End of story.

7. Shayla says

Hahaha OMG you TOTALLY got me on that joke!!! I kept rereading it over and over thinking how did I miss the post where they won $50,000??!! Awesome April Fools joke, you definitely got me! Btw awesome job on your goals! Happy Friday! :)