Filled To The Max

by Courtney on April 21, 2011

Would you believe I hit the snooze button for an hour this morning? I’m such a bum. Seriously.

Once I finally got myself up and movin’, I headed to the tv for a little date with Jillian. Her and I shared a lovely 30 minutes doing her 6 Week Six-Pack Abs video, and that was about all I could handle; my entire lower body is so outrageously sore from Tuesday’s BodyPump workout. Hopefully I’ll be able to sit normally by tomorrow…but either way, I still love that feeling!

Breakfast

Please excuse the recycled photos today my friends. I didn’t have camera near me this morning and was too lazy to go get it, but you get the picture. (<—pun not originally intended, but now I like it)

Today’s bowl was slightly different from what you see here…mine had Quaker Oatmeal Squares + homemade granola + chia seeds + vanilla almond milk + strawberries. So yeah, I guess it was pretty close. Smile

Of course, I also chugged down my mug-o-joe.

‘Twas tasty!

*************

How Do You Organize?

I’ve always really prided myself on the fact that I have I’m pretty well-organized and I have a pretty good memory. Whenever my friends and I get together and try to plan our next get-togethers, they immediately whip out the cute little planners and start rummaging through their plans.

source

I, on the other hand, have always simply used my memory. And I’d say that 95% of the time, I’m right on target. If you check my Google calendar, it’s totally empty…

So is my cell phone calendar… (Uhh ohh, another creeper spotting!)

Usually, when there’s something I need to do or remember, I simply write it on a sticky note, as I’ve mentioned before.

However, lately I feel like it’s time to step up my organization. There’s been a few incidents recently where I’ve forgotten about something or pushed it off for too long. I want to be more organized…I love the feeling of being organized! But I feel like my brain is filled to the max with “to-do” lists, and now I’ve got to figure out how to move it from there, to somewhere else.

But how!?!? I’d love to hear what you guys think…

What tips/tricks/devices do you use to keep organized?

************

Time to go get ready…I’ve got a date planned with my favorite ladies today! And it may or may not involve soft serve. Smile

1 Amy April 21, 2011 at 9:47 am

i use the color note app on my droid …its like a sticky note but on the phone …AMAZING any questions feel free to ask..i love my apps
Amy recently posted..NYC half marathon love AKA 1-41-59

2 Lindsay April 21, 2011 at 10:52 am

Haha, I use this app too! Great for organizing my personal life. I love checking things off, and keeping it right on the home screen makes it hard to forget. I used to use post-it notes, but always forgot them when I needed, or lost them.

At work, however, I have a very detailed calendar in outlook and a to-do list in my notebook. Nice to separate work and personal.

3 Samantha April 21, 2011 at 9:55 am

I would drive myself crazy if I didn’t plan and organize my life lol. I use Microsoft Outlook for most of my daily organization. I plan out my day on the calendar and there is a “To Do” list for each day that crosses it off when you click on it. I also have Microsoft One Note – and I love love love it!!! It’s basically a computerized notebook that you can do just about anything on. The best feature is that you never have to save anything – it just automatically saves it! Another really cool feature is you can share it – to facebook, email…blogs – and paste directly from other websites to it. You should give it a try if you haven’t heard of it. I’m interested to see what other people are using too :)

4 Courtney April 21, 2011 at 10:40 am

This sounds fascinating! Thanks for the tip!

5 miranda @working mom works out April 21, 2011 at 9:56 am

Do you like the Jillian Michaels Abs DVD?
miranda @working mom works out recently posted..Body Image and the Media–My Story

6 Courtney April 21, 2011 at 10:41 am

Yes! I actually watch it off of Exercise on Demand, so I’ve only done the Level 1 (that’s all that is available). I’m really interested to try Level 2!

7 Kelly April 21, 2011 at 10:06 am

I am organized on paper. I make lists and still keep a paper calendar. I can not get into the habit of using my computer of phone calendar.
Kelly recently posted..fun facts &amp best vacations part III

8 Khushboo April 21, 2011 at 10:10 am

My Blackberry calendar is my lifesaver- I put everything on alarm! Writing things down don’t help for me- I’ve gone through various diaries/filofaxes all of which have been a fail! A) It’s such a chore to pull it, grab a pen, and write and B) I don’t always look at it which means missed appointments- never a good thing!
Khushboo recently posted..Breakfast of chia-mpions

9 Shanna, Like Banana April 21, 2011 at 10:21 am

At work, I use my outlook calendar for everything. Granted I have like 5 meetings a day so I need to know when/where those are, but I also put in what work I want to achieve and block out times so mentally I know where my day is headed.
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..2 years ago today…

10 Cute~Ella April 21, 2011 at 10:27 am

I have a project calendar for my crafting/baking and my Google calendar is not only full, but color coded. Each morning I get an email telling me what’s on tap for the day so I can make sure I’m ready to go!

If something needs to get added to the calenders, I text it to myself to make sure it goes on. My memory is pretty good (I rarely forget something) but it makes me feel better to know it’s on there, PLUS I’ve given some of my friends access to the calender so they can look and see when I’m likely to be free!
Cute~Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Bizarre Peanut Butter Sandwich

11 Christina April 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

I plan absolutely everything. I’d go crazy if I didn’t! And I wouldn’t be able to balance all that I have to do if I wasn’t completely organized.
I have a Kate Spade planner that I absolutely love. I write literally everything down. I also make to-do lists on post-its! They’re stuck everywhere haha.
I started using Google Calender in the beginning of 2010 and I love that as well. I have so much going on, and I like that I can color-code my activities. You can also share calendars with others. Also, it’s great because you can access it anywhere — and because it has a little ‘to-do’ list that you check off! I sync it with my droid phone, so I can check things on there too if I need to. Even though I use my computer, I still find that making paper to-do lists and my paper planner are the best ways for me to keep organized, and I probably will keep doing those forever.

12 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

I WISH I was well organized. Every semester of college I swore I would use my planner, but it only lasted about a week. Outlook is the way to go at work!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Weekend Recap

13 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 21, 2011 at 10:31 am

Confession: I am pretty UNorganized :-( I try so hard but it just never works out! In work, I’m a little more organized because of course, I have to be. Outlook calendar works well for that ;-) I am so envious of the tips from all of these organized people!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..How a Sometimes Healthy-Always Nervous Flyer Preps for Vacay

14 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

Every year I buy a new planner use it for about a month then forget about it. I rely on my memory for the most part but I have started using iCal on my Mac to track assignments becuase I totally forgot about one last semester and proceeded to freak out. Your breakfast looks yummy, fresh strawberries make everything tastier. :)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Sleep Shopping

15 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 21, 2011 at 10:44 am

I’m obsessed w. Google Calendar. Plus, it’s fun to change the colors and make it pretty, haha.
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..dinner &amp a winner

16 Courtney April 21, 2011 at 11:12 am

I’m always envious of yours when you post screenshots of it on the blog! It always looks so nice and organized ;)

17 Charlie April 21, 2011 at 10:46 am

I write what I have to do in my agenda. And then I don’t look in it to see what I have to do lol :P.
Charlie recently posted..Amazing Meal Giveaway Winner!

18 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 21, 2011 at 10:52 am

When I was in school I use to plan everything on my organizer and now I’ll use google calendar although I’ll forget things most of the time lol But at least it’s synced up to my phone I can see any appts for whatever else I scheduled :)

19 cait April 21, 2011 at 10:53 am

omg love this girl :) i always have a huge agenda list with what i need to do..a calendar that i live by either that i take with me on the go or on my macbook and phone! PHEW
cait recently posted..Hey YOU!

20 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

Oh my God, we’re the same person. I write things on sticky notes like it’s going out of style, and I usually credit myself with having a good memory – but lately (at the ripe old age of 23) I’m not remembering things as well. I’m hoping it’s not really dementia ;) I just have a lot going on! And I HATE feeling unorganized. I’ve fallen in love with my planner again. Go buy a cute one at Target – you’ll be itching to start writing things down! I also have a big calendar that hangs in my room and write things down on that so I don’t always have to look in my planner to see “what’s next.” It works!

21 Lisa @ I'm an Okie April 21, 2011 at 11:41 am

I just simply use an old fashioned planner! it never lets me down!

22 Morgan April 21, 2011 at 11:43 am

I LOVE the thought of getting organized and usually the first day or so I follow through with my plan… but then I get a bit forgetful and a BOOM a week later I remember that I had an organization plan. I think once I have a solid plan, place, book, app etc. I will stick to it. Oh I’m getting excited just thinking about a new organization plan! Lol :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

23 Meg Joyce April 21, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I have three different calendars: a work calendar (which stays on my desk) for meetings and deadlines, a wall calendar at home for social events/vacations/parties, and a planner that I carry in my bag where I write down either/or, and then transfer when I get to work or home. It works really well for me.
Meg Joyce recently posted..Why does everything annoy me

24 Farrah April 21, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I found an amazing online calendar that not only tracks your appointments, but also incorporates your grocery list, cleaning routine and to-do lists :)

It also has a nifty feature where you can download the app to your phone and have it text you reminders. Such a cool website! You can also have it send text messages to the hubby to remind him to stop and pick things up or text him his “honey do list”.

If you go to flylady.net and scroll to the middle of the screen, there is something called Cozi Calendar. Check it out…
Farrah recently posted..Roasted Garlic Potato Bread

25 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I have a mini agenda from moleskine that I love. It’s beautiful blue and sticks out in my purse when I need to jot it down. I keep all major plans in my Google Calendar since I spend the day on the computer and can tell it to send me reminders.

For things like doctor’s appointments I put them in my phone so they will ring and remind me.

Sounds complicated but I love how it works because I rarely miss anything.

26 faith @ lovelyascharged April 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I’m so terribly disorganized its not even funny. I usually jot down random notes on one sheet of paper during the day and then shove the sheet in my purse where it stays for months…I definitely need a better system!!!

27 Erica April 21, 2011 at 3:08 pm

i use a tiny planner that i keep in my purse…and i’m the queen of post-it note to-do lists! :)

i just can get into the online/digital calendars. i don’t know why!

28 Parita @ myinnershakti April 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I’m a little old fashioned and still use a good ole’ planner and pen! It works for me…as long as everything is in one place and has a date next to it…I’m good!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Yes Woman

29 Lauren April 21, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I wish I had some advice… I usually try to remeber everything too! I love all the “creeper” pics! lol they make me laugh everytime!
Lauren recently posted..Positivly Productive

30 Kate April 22, 2011 at 12:15 am

I have a little day planner that fits in my purse. It works great for me because it has both monthly and weekly views so I can see the overview of the month and then go into more detail on the days. If you’re not a day planner person (but I saw that you’re a Post-It person) I believe I’ve seen at Target a calendar that uses Post-its to fill it out. I don’t know exactly how it works but it looks pretty cool. You might be able to keep the post-its with you and then put them on the calendar when you get home?
Good luck!