Raspberry Devil’s Food Cupcake with Raspberry Almond Buttercream

You know that saying “You are what you eat?”

Well if it were changed to say “You are what you bake,” it’s very possible that I may turn into a cupcake pretty soon.

Welcome to my morning!

Raspberry Devil’s Food Cupcake with Raspberry Almond Buttercream

I’m gonna let you all in on a little secret on these…they’re from a box mix!

But in order to “jazz em up” a little bit, I simply added 1 teaspoon raspberry extract + 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. It completely changes the flavor of a boxed mix AND is great when you need something quick.

For the frosting, I did this:

I also finished up ANOTHER batch, which I gave you all a sneak peek on yesterday

I am REALLY excited about these. I sent some in with Jay to work today and shortly after received this text message:

They are Jay’s co-workers, who have sampled many of my goodies, so this is promising. Smile

I’ll have a recipe headed your way ASAP on these. They’re super fun!

Early afternoon, I snacked on some cottage cheese with Bahama Breeze trail mix added in…

It was awesome.

And now I’m about to go grab something else before heading out the door to deliver these cupcakes to mi madre.

Hope you’re all having a great afternoon! Smile

Comments

1. Lauren H says

Yummy! I love chocolate and raspberry together :) ps I love how it sounds like your husband works for a “strictly just J names” place lol!

2. Annmarie says

Jimmy, Joe, Jayson, Jamie…and Jay?! Haha. Do they hire people whose names don’t start with J at his office?

Those cupcakes have me salivating!

3. Julia says

I agree to the next job being in front of you, hellooo beautiful cupcakes! these look divine and absolutely delicious!

Wow your husband is surrounded by “j” names! Those cupcakes are so gorgeous and they sound delicious. Are you loving all your baking time now that you are fun-employed? You should do a cupcake cookbook! I’d totally buy one!
    Kim recently posted..The Saga Continues

• Courtney says

Fun-employed! Hahaha, that’s great!
      I AM loving all my baking time…just not loving the lack of income. :-/

5. Stacey says

hey courtney! i made these today! super yummmyyyy ; I added some fat free sour cream to the devils food; along with 2 eggs and 1/2 cup egg beaters and of course i also sub applesauce; anywho; i’m having issues getting my frosting the right consistency! please help; the icing is not too runny but wont hold shape when i squirt it out!!! what to do????? thx!

• Courtney says

Often times, you want to make the icing thicker than you think you need to. This has happened to me quite a bit. Try to start by adding no milk, even if it looks thick. If that doesn’t work, maybe try throwing it in the fridge for 15 mins? I know I have a harder time in the summer when it’s warmer in my kitchen…
      Hopefully one of those will help! Let me know :)

6. Diana says

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I can’t wait to “wow” my friends tonight. I bake a lot too and am always excited to try new recipes! :)

Trackbacks