Can’t Be Trusted

I don’t know about you, but all this chocolate talk from this morning has got my sweet tooth in some serious overdrive. Sheesh.

That being said, if you haven’t yet gotten your entries in for my Belgian Chocolate Giveaway, make sure to get to it!

In an attempt to keep from diving head first into the chocolate stash, I ended up having a pretty snacky morning after breakfast. We’ll just say that it included a whole lot of this…

and a bunch of this.

I knew I needed to get out of the kitchen, stat. So I laced up my new sneaks and headed out for a run. Unfortunately, today’s run was pretty crappy…

Despite covering 2.95 miles in 29 minutes, it was one of the most laborious runs I’ve done in a long time. Not only did my legs feel like lead, but the bottoms of my feet stung like crazy the entire time.

Luckily, I’m 99% sure it has nothing to do with the new shoes. Before leaving, my feet were absolutely freezing, and my darn Raynaud’s was going into overdrive. Sometimes when this happens, the bottoms of my feet will sting and tingle until the blood flows back properly to them. Well, the blood decided to start flowing right about as I returned back to my driveway. Darn you, Raynaud’s!

I finished thinking, “wow, that really stunk,” but on the bright side, I still covered more than my training plan called for, and at a better pace. So I’m happy. Smile

Today, I brought back an old favorite…I felt like it had been too long.

I got my veggies with some baby carrots & celery with tomato basil hommus.

And then enjoyed some plain Chobani mixed with the most delicious strawberries and blueberries, a spoonful of strawberry jam, and chia seeds.

For me, this combo will never.get.old. Ever.

Now I think I need to go grab a piece of gum and get far away from the kitchen and that darn chocolate. I can’t be trusted around it…

Question for the Afternoon:

What is one food you can NOT be trusted around?

I definitely can’t be trusted around home baked cookies, ice cream, or Kashi crackers. Oh, and apparently Belgian chocolates now, too.

• Courtney says

I love them for the extra crunch, but they also provide a great source of omega-3’s, antioxidants, and fiber. They’re awesome in cereal, too, because if left in liquid long enough, they almost start to form a gel!

1. Tina says

I had the same type of morning with eating, I have been so hungry today for some reason. For me it’s mostly sweets that I have a problem controlling, cookies, cupcakes and chocolate!

Baked goods for sure! It’s to the point that I purposely don’t bake because I know I will eat them until they’re gone! No self control whatsoever. :(

I had one of those terrible, struggling running days, too. Must have been something in the air-an early Friday the 13th thing or something!

i hope it’s not the Asics…make sure they’re the right shoes for you. i used to run in them and had serious hip/shin splint/feet issues, and after going to Fleet Feet on Wolf Rd., they told me that Asics were the main brand i should NOT be wearing (b/c they make a more rigid shoe and that wasn’t right for my feet). i’ve sworn by Saucony since. hope they work for you, though. :)
    Shawna recently posted..i like you when it rains is that a sign

5. Natassja says

I totally understand how you feel! I have the exact same problem Raynaud’s disease your fingers and toes turn white and then purple that only way I can get back to normal is by taking a super hot bath.

Hahahah I definitely know exactly how the snacking on peanut butter/almond butter thing goes! I cannot EVER get enough of either one….geeez. and as for the running with lead leg…I also know that feeling… so frustrating!
    Caroline recently posted..The Ups &amp Downs

7. Shayla says

I definitely can’t be trusted around ice cream – I’ve been known to eat an entire tub of Ben & Jerry’s by myself!! And of course TJ’s peanut butter filled chocolate pretzels 😉

Oh man, do NOT leave me around crackers. I mean the sweet stuff, like animal crackers and British “biscuits.” It is not good news!!!

Sucky runs all other runs seem infinitely better :) At least you got out there!!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Comfort Food

really good cereal, as in anything sugary that i grew up eating. This week i bought my finace reeses puffs and then i ate them bowl by bowl and handful by handful.. i just finished them last night :) not buying those for a while!
    Sarah recently posted..Pamper