Can’t Be Trusted

by Courtney on May 11, 2011

I don’t know about you, but all this chocolate talk from this morning has got my sweet tooth in some serious overdrive. Sheesh.

That being said, if you haven’t yet gotten your entries in for my Belgian Chocolate Giveaway, make sure to get to it!

In an attempt to keep from diving head first into the chocolate stash, I ended up having a pretty snacky morning after breakfast. We’ll just say that it included a whole lot of this…

and a bunch of this.

I knew I needed to get out of the kitchen, stat. So I laced up my new sneaks and headed out for a run. Unfortunately, today’s run was pretty crappy…

Despite covering 2.95 miles in 29 minutes, it was one of the most laborious runs I’ve done in a long time. Not only did my legs feel like lead, but the bottoms of my feet stung like crazy the entire time.

Luckily, I’m 99% sure it has nothing to do with the new shoes. Before leaving, my feet were absolutely freezing, and my darn Raynaud’s was going into overdrive. Sometimes when this happens, the bottoms of my feet will sting and tingle until the blood flows back properly to them. Well, the blood decided to start flowing right about as I returned back to my driveway. Darn you, Raynaud’s!

I finished thinking, “wow, that really stunk,” but on the bright side, I still covered more than my training plan called for, and at a better pace. So I’m happy. Smile

Lunch

Today, I brought back an old favorite…I felt like it had been too long.

I got my veggies with some baby carrots & celery with tomato basil hommus.

And then enjoyed some plain Chobani mixed with the most delicious strawberries and blueberries, a spoonful of strawberry jam, and chia seeds.

For me, this combo will never.get.old. Ever.

Now I think I need to go grab a piece of gum and get far away from the kitchen and that darn chocolate. I can’t be trusted around it…

Question for the Afternoon:

What is one food you can NOT be trusted around?

I definitely can’t be trusted around home baked cookies, ice cream, or Kashi crackers. Oh, and apparently Belgian chocolates now, too.

1 Samantha May 11, 2011 at 1:56 pm

HAHA Definitely chocolate for me! Or any kind of home baked goods.

You eat a lot of Chia seeds, what’s the benefit?
Samantha recently posted..You Know Im Gonna Have to Face It

2 Courtney May 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I love them for the extra crunch, but they also provide a great source of omega-3’s, antioxidants, and fiber. They’re awesome in cereal, too, because if left in liquid long enough, they almost start to form a gel!

3 Tina @cupcakeconfess.blogspot.com May 11, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I had the same type of morning with eating, I have been so hungry today for some reason. For me it’s mostly sweets that I have a problem controlling, cookies, cupcakes and chocolate!

4 Melissa May 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Baked goods for sure! It’s to the point that I purposely don’t bake because I know I will eat them until they’re gone! No self control whatsoever. :(

5 Amanda (Eating Up) May 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Hmm…I can’t be trusted around frozen mango slices. That or a pint of coconut milk ice cream. No portion control there!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Gooey Butter Cookies

6 Kathryn May 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I have a hard time leaving any kind of chocolate alone.

7 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Every run lately has felt like there is lead in my legs :-(. I need to get back in shape! I can’t believe I ran a marathon in March!!

I can’t be trusted around pretzels. The proof? I have an empty 1lb bag sitting by my desk right now….that I just bought yesterday! oops!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..My First Experience with Overnight Oats in a Jar AND PB Fingers

8 Courtney May 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Hahahaha! I’m with ya though, pretzels are definitely tough for me too!

9 Becca May 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Homemade cookies or banana muffins!

And almond butter… i dont know WHY. Peanut butter I’m fine, but almond butter? mmmm excuse my drool!
Becca recently posted..Meet Miss Piggy

10 Alexa @ Simple Eats May 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I can’t be trusted around mac and cheese and chocolate. Oh yeah, peanut butter is definitely in that category, too!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Chocolate and Peanut Butter

11 Shanna, Like Banana May 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Chips and salsa for sure!

12 Jenny May 11, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Tostitos and Cheese. I will make nachos without fail. Tostitos are not allowed in my kitchen.

13 McKenzie May 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I had one of those terrible, struggling running days, too. Must have been something in the air-an early Friday the 13th thing or something!

14 Erica May 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

i cannot be trusted around chocolate, any kind of icecream/fro-yo, french fries, and any type of chex mix!

15 Diana May 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm

cereal and cake!!

16 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries May 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I cannot be trusted around peanut butter! It’s like every time I walk into my kitchen I have to have a taste. I also cannot be around french fries or any kind of chips without devouring them!
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..Go For the Thrills

17 Shawna May 11, 2011 at 4:00 pm

i hope it’s not the Asics…make sure they’re the right shoes for you. i used to run in them and had serious hip/shin splint/feet issues, and after going to Fleet Feet on Wolf Rd., they told me that Asics were the main brand i should NOT be wearing (b/c they make a more rigid shoe and that wasn’t right for my feet). i’ve sworn by Saucony since. hope they work for you, though. :)
Shawna recently posted..i like you when it rains is that a sign

18 Danica May 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Sweets–dark chocolate, cookies, cake, cupcakes, pie, etc. I have such a sweet tooth!

19 Natassja May 11, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I totally understand how you feel! I have the exact same problem Raynaud’s disease your fingers and toes turn white and then purple that only way I can get back to normal is by taking a super hot bath.

20 Caroline May 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Hahahah I definitely know exactly how the snacking on peanut butter/almond butter thing goes! I cannot EVER get enough of either one….geeez. and as for the running with lead leg…I also know that feeling… so frustrating!
Caroline recently posted..The Ups &amp Downs

21 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm

chips of any kind, or french fries, are my weakness. i can’t have them in the house!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

22 Parita May 11, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Chocolate and cheese, hands down! It’s like all logic goes out the window, and I turn into a bottomless pit. :)
Parita recently posted..Let the Training Begin

23 Shayla May 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I definitely can’t be trusted around ice cream – I’ve been known to eat an entire tub of Ben & Jerry’s by myself!! And of course TJ’s peanut butter filled chocolate pretzels ;)

24 Kristi May 11, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Sweets! Any kind… chocolate, baked good, ice cream. It’s my weakness.
Kristi recently posted..Something new

25 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 11, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Oh man, do NOT leave me around crackers. I mean the sweet stuff, like animal crackers and British “biscuits.” It is not good news!!!

Sucky runs all other runs seem infinitely better :) At least you got out there!!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Comfort Food

26 Khushboo May 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Great pace! Those Kashi crackers are addictive- once I start, I can’t stop!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

27 Sarah May 12, 2011 at 7:25 am

really good cereal, as in anything sugary that i grew up eating. This week i bought my finace reeses puffs and then i ate them bowl by bowl and handful by handful.. i just finished them last night :) not buying those for a while!
Sarah recently posted..Pamper

28 Kristen May 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

cookies and ice cream, especially together! haha