Never Ceases to Amaze

by Courtney on May 14, 2011

It’s definitely been one of these kinda mornings…

Lots of snuggles, laziness, and relaxation…I love it.

I think Cody does too. Smile

*******

I spent a good hour or so snuggled under a blanket on the couch, watching the Food Network, and job searching online…all with coffee in-hand.

Yes, that is a darn crack in the bottom of my favorite mug…I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

And in other news…get this. Remember when I told you about our TV blowing up on Thursday? (Okay, technically, it didn’t blow up, but it was dead as a doornail.)

Well, my husband is basically amazing, and for a quick trip to Radio Shack for $7.00 worth of parts, he fixed it to be good as new.

I’m telling you…he never ceases to amaze me!

And you know, this breakfast combo never ceases to amaze me either.

Another cereal combo bowl with Kashi x2 (Heart to Heart + Go Lean Crunch) with blueberries, banana slices, and vanilla almond milk.

I’m feeling another small bowl may be necessary… Winking smile

*********

A couple quick side notes…

*I’ve gotta say, I absolutely loved reading through all your comments on yesterday’s Fashion Friday post. Those early 90’s fashion trends were somethin’ else, weren’t they??

**Go check my girl Julie’s blog today…you may just see a guest post from yours truly.

***I still haven’t chosen a winner for the Belgian Chocolates Giveaway. You have a few more hours to enter, so make sure to get those entries in!

Question for the Morning:

What’s one thing (or person, or anything…) that never ceases to amaze you?

1 Melissa May 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

Go Jay! I’m impressed!

My dad never ceases to amaze me. He knows everything. I mean ev.er.y.thing. I have never asked him a question he didn’t know the answer to, and he can fix pretty much anything.
Melissa recently posted..Dough Monster

2 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 11:53 am

Awww, that is so sweet! :)

3 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) May 14, 2011 at 11:54 am

I have been feeling lazy as well lately. It seriously must be all this rain for real. Rain makes me want to curl up and sleep and do no work..minus the fact that I have finals and need to pack this week.
Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) recently posted..Guest Blog de Chef Katelyn

4 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 11:57 am

Rain does that to me, too. And it looks like we’ve got almost a whole week’s worth headed our way soon. Boooooo!

5 Chad @ thebreakupnote May 14, 2011 at 11:56 am

sun coming through the window like that is awesome. Makes my day to see it when I wake up…
Chad @ thebreakupnote recently posted..Recipe- Raspberry and Blueberry Spelt Bread

6 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 14, 2011 at 11:56 am

Ha I was watching Paula Deen this morning too!! I’m watching the Food Network now :D And love the cereal bowl, Go Lean Crunch is one of my favorites, I love mixing it with other Kashi flavors too :D
My bf never ceases to amaze me with all the food he can eat! haha Always impressed

7 Kristen May 14, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Hi Courtney!!

I read your guest post over @ pbfingers & I just had to stop by and check ya out! I think I might become a regular:) It’s raining over here this morning too which of course = lazy Saturday for me as well.

My parents never cease to amaze me– their unconditional love & support means the world to me=)

8 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hi Kristen! Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love your response about your parents…I think I’d have to say the same about mine too!

9 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 14, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Not a person, but a city! Hong Kong never ceases to amaze me. It’s one of the most incredible cities I’ve been to, and new things are always around the corner to explore.

Btw, how has your job search been going? I hope it hasn’t been too stressful!

Yay for Paula Deen ;) Now I’ve gotta go read PB Fingers!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Life Cafe

10 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Job search has been pretty uneventful, but I found some prospects this morning, so we’ll see! Thanks for asking! :)

11 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 14, 2011 at 12:55 pm

My sister’s boyfriend never ceases to amaze me. I think he is one of the smartest people I know. He has such a creative mind, and can list off pop culture facts like its his job. I think it’s so cool that he is knowledgeable of so many different topics….from art and music, to science and history.

I am also in the process of job searching right now, so I feel ya on that one. It’s such a long, sometimes frustrating process!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Change is a funny thing

12 Merrie@ Strawberrylaces May 14, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Hi, I just found your blog today and its so awesome! Good job :-D I’m just starting blogging so I’m impressed by people who do it so seamlessly.

Gotta love Paula’s face in that picture. Mid chew

Oh, and good luck on the job hunt! I’ll be right there with you when I graduate in December. Oh the joy that awaits!
Merrie@ Strawberrylaces recently posted..How Do You Know

13 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Hey Merrie, thanks so much! :)

14 Kelly May 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I love that PB Fingers has organized such great guest bloggers during her vacation!
I’ll definitely be stopping by again!

p.s. I think your cat has the right idea for the day ;)

15 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Hi Kelly! Glad to hear you’ll be stopping by…I’ll keep an eye out for ya ;)

16 Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales May 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Your breakfasts always look INCREDIBLE! I’m going to have to pick up those kashis at the store this week. Loved your guest post over on pbfingers, too! :) Your positive attitude is really refreshing & inspiring.

17 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Thanks so much! :)

18 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm

my boyf never ceases to amaze me! last night when i was doing a bit of spring cleaning, i found an old wallet that he had that NEEDED to be thrown out. so i asked him if i could go through it to get everything out before i trashed it. i saw a small yellow piece of paper, and my stomach sunk because i thought “oh no, what if this is a rando girl’s number or something!” (he hasn’t used this wallet in probably a year and a half, we’ve been together for 3 years). Anyways, i pulled out the piece of paper, and it was MY HANDWRITING with MY NUMBER, aka the first and only piece of paper i ever gave him with my phone number on it. he saved it for all 3 years we’ve known each other :) hahahah what a goofy story right? but a great example of how the boyf NEVER ceases to amaze me!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

19 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Awwwww that is sooooo cute!! I love it :-D

20 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I hope the job search is going well! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cereal Crisis

21 Kelly May 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Keith is the same way…seriously he can fix anything! I love having a handy husband!!!
Kelly recently posted..fascinated

22 Julia May 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Just found your blog today, and I am having so much fun reading it! You’re cat is so cute, and it makes me want to lay out in the sun and take a nap! Too bad it’s overcast today!
My boyfriend always amazes me too. I still get surprised at how well he knows me.
Julia recently posted..A Smiling Dinner -

23 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Hey Julia! Thanks so much for stopping by…hope to see ya around! ;)

24 Lauren May 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Hi Courtney! I love your blog! Your kitty is adorable! I am a teenage girl and have just started my own blog. If you get a chance, I would be honored if you would check it out! You are such an inspiration! -Lauren
teeneatlive.wordpress.com
Lauren recently posted..Crisis Averted!

25 Khushboo May 14, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Chocolate…eat it every day yet in still in shock at how delicious and satisfying a mere piece of food can be!

26 Megan@eatmybeets May 14, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Hey! I just found your blog from peanut butter fingers! I remember many days like yours back when i was job searching. Keep hanging in there! It never ceases to amaze me how much I can eat certain foods (oatmeal, pb-cocoa-cereal yogurt, nut butter tortilla roll ups) and never get tired of them!

27 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Thanks, Megan! :)

28 Valery R May 14, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I want to win the chocolatesss! Love your blog ;)
Valery R recently posted..Two Ingredient Cookies

29 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com May 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm

LOVE FOOD NETWORK!!! Girl, you nailed your bfast combo:) I LOVED your post on pb fingers….love getting a double dose of YOU!!!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..I kind of like people

30 Courtney May 14, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Hahaha, thanks Janae! ;)

31 Lauren May 14, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Good luck with the job searching! Weather never ceases to amaze me. Nearly every time I decide to get my hair done, it starts raining immediately. It rained on my wedding day! And then of course when I actually want it to rain, it never does.
Lauren recently posted..First Day of Freedom

32 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Yay for the fixed TV! :D
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

33 Kristen May 15, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I love mixing cereals! and can you ever stop at one bowl? I cant haha
My son always amazes me, and I have 20 years on him! haha

(ps loved your guest post! I love PB fingers too!

34 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm