Can This Be My Life Every Day?

Last.night.was.awesome.

If you remember, we had two stipulations, for wherever we ended up:

A Big Patio

And Cold Beer

Boy, did we definitely find somewhere that delivered!

I still can’t believe that this was our first time visiting Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, seeing as though we were both super excited about it’s arrival here in Troy. I know that it’s pretty popular in it’s other locations, especially with the bikers…

I loved how they had special parking spaces for the bikes!

We had heard that there have been crazy long waits for tables, so we made sure to get there early so we could get a spot exactly where we wanted to be…

Right next to this view of the Hudson River. Isn’t it awesome???

We were happy to see that we even had some live music to keep us entertained.

Immediately upon sitting, we were given some menus, so I perused the beer list to see what looked good.

IMG_3789IMG_3791

Well, there were quite a few that looked good, but as soon as I saw my beloved Blue Point Blueberry beer, there was really no question.

I love this beer.

Since we were there pretty early, Jay and I weren’t planning on ordering food right away, so we sat and chatted, enjoying the blaring rays of sunshine that were pouring in on us.

Please, let this be my life every day? Winking smile

After a little bit, we ended up checking out the appetizers, only to see that they had fried green tomatoes.

I’ve always wanted to try these little gems, so we decided to get a small order of those, along with some honey bbq chicken wings for hubby.

Can I just say, these fried green tomatoes were fantastic. I completely ignored the fact that they were fried and covered in buttermilk ranch because, hey, they’re tomatoes. No big deal, right?

While we were sitting, we were able to get in touch with our friends Josh and Erika to see if they wanted to join us for dinner. So about an hour later, they arrived and we ordered some dinner.

I got the Original Pulled Pork Sandwich with french fries and simmered greens.

I really, really love pulled pork. Like, a lot. Especially when it’s slathered in bbq sauce. This stuff was amaaaaazing.

The french fries tasted like they were hand cut, not like the ones that just come out of a bag, so they too were delicious. The simmered greens, which were a mix of collard and mustard greens, were actually quite good too, and had some really good flavor goin’ on.

On the side, we got some corn bread, which I tried a piece of. Again, delicious.

After hanging out some more on the patio, the four of us decided that we were in the mood for some gelato. Knowing that there was a place “a couple blocks” up the road, we decided to walk there. Well, “a couple blocks” ended up being more like six blocks, only to find out that the place was closed.

Seriously?

So we walked the other six blocks back, braving barking pit-bulls through windows and all, got in our car, and headed down the road straight to my favorite ice cream spot, The Snowman.

I skipped my usual order, but unfortunately, I was a distracted blogger and almost completely forgot to take a picture of my delicious cone…

I will tell you that at one time, that cone was about 4 times the size of what you see here, topped with one scoop of homemade Oreo and one scoop of Black Raspberry yogurt. Goodness gracious, I was in heaven!

Our night didn’t end here though, my friends. After getting ice cream, we headed back down the road to a local brewery, Brown’s Brewing Co., to meet up with some other friends for a drink.

Brown’s is actually the home of another one of my favorite brews, Cherry Raspberry Ale.

They even put a cherry at the bottom of the glass…heyyy, haven’t I seen that before? Winking smile

IMG_3816IMG_3817

Jay got one for himself, but I was the cool kid who stuck with water. Once I have my sweets for the night, I am dunzo. Not to mention the fact that these are heavy beers, too.

Thanks, Josh & Rik for letting me take your picture. Smile

But I’ll get to that more another time. Winking smile

Talk about an awesome, fun-filled night! CHEERS! Smile

I’ve got another long, fun-filled day ahead of me today, so it’s time to get movin’. Hope your weekend is going just as well!

Questions for the Morning:

What is your…

1. Favorite beer (or other drink if you don’t have one)?
  2. Favorite ice cream (either location or flavor)?
  3. Favorite thing covered in bbq sauce?

Comments

Girl, you need to get down South fast….we love fried green tomatoes and top them with any and everything. My favorite is goat cheese! Your afternoon on the Hudson looks like tons of fun. So glad it’s finally getting to be warm and sunny. :)
    Molly Carter recently posted..Savannah- GA- The Highlights

Awww that place looks like so much fun. Totally my kind of place. And what a view of the Hudson River! Everything you ordered looked delicious, especially the fried green tomatoes! YUMMY!! After I eat sweets, I can’t drink anymore either.

Favorite Beer? I’m so ashamed….Coors Light. I love it. Must be the Nebraska girl in me or something.

Favorite Ice Cream? Does frozen yogurt count? If yes, then of course, 16 Handles.

Favorite thing covered in bbq sauce? Chicken….followed by pretzels. I love dipping pretzels in bbq sauce. I know…strange.
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Friendship and Frozen Hot Chocolate

What a cute little black dress! Sounds like a fun night. I’ve never tried fried tomatoes but they sound interesting.

Not a beer fan–I love fruity red wines though.
    Ice cream flavor = mint chip or coffee ….or vanilla with a bunch of toppings
    I love grilled chicken breasts with BBQ sauce! So delicious and summer-y
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..My Best Friend Part 2

You make dining al fresco seem even nicer than it already is! Its so hard to choose 1 fave ice cream flavor but I’m leaning towards Choc chip cookie dough or coffee! Barbecue chicken or shrimps do it for me every time! Have a great day!
    Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

Let’s see….my favorite beers are Bass Ale, Stella Artois and Saranac Pomegranate Wheat.

We were at Snowman’s last night too! I had the Only 8 Frozen Yogurt in Kahlua. It was really good! I am definitely a frozen yogurt kinda girl!

I like pretty much anything with BBQ sauce on it. I made some homemade BBQ sauce recently that was soooo good and I’ve made it three times in two weeks! LOL

I hope you get around to filling is in on your secret soon! I’ve been wondering ever since you Tweeted about “things happening for a reason”! LOL ;)
    Farrah recently posted..Banana Split Pie

• Courtney says

Ahhhhh, hahaha, that other comment actually has nothing to do with that tweet. Turns out I got a little ahead of myself on that tweet actually…ahh well!

Wow.. your day looks AMAZING. So jealous! I too was hanging out along the Hudson yesterday. Weather was gorgeous!

Favorite beer– Old Speckled Hen
    Favorite thing covered in bbq sauce? R-I-B-S!!
    Sarah recently posted..So Much Food So Little Time

Beautiful view! I love sitting outside on a patio like that, it makes the food taste better :)

I’m not a beer drinker so my favorite drink, especially in the summer, is definitely a mojito. I’ll eat any ice cream that combines chocolate and peanut butter and I like my bbq sauce on a pulled pork bbq sandwich!

Dinosaurs is fun! Plus my favorite bartender works there now as a waitress – Heather is amazing.

To answer your questions:
    1. I like beer in general. Which one is my “favorite” depends on the season, but Circus Boy by Magic Hat is generally a good choice.
    2. I like the ice cream place by my laundromat because it makes doing laundry tolerable. My favorite flavor is Strawberry OR Twist in a dish with cherry dip and rainbow sprinkles and a cone on top.
    3. I’m not a super big fan of bbq sauce. I’ll eat it if someone else cooks with it, but the only thing I’ll put it on some times is tater tots or hot dogs.
    Cute~Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Taco Bites a’la Sue

• Courtney says

OMG…seeing your comment made me realize that I need to get in touch with you! Good lord I’m a space case…don’t I owe you money for a donut pan???

• Courtney says

I LOVE Woodchuck cider! Did you know they make more than just the apple cider beer? I think there’s pear and another one too. One night while we were out, I actually asked the bartender to mix woodchuck cider with blue moon…sounds crazy, but it was AWESOME!!

What a crazy fun day! I’ve never tried fried green tomatoes before, but I’m sure it’s delicious since it’s fried, after all :)

My favorite beer is this Chinese green beer that I just tried during my trip there, fave ice cream is Coldstone’s Mudpie Mojo mmmmmm, and I love BBQ covered chicken from the grill!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Homecoming

Ah Dino BBQ is SO GOOD! The cornbread is out of this world, and the mac and cheese is awesome too. The Troy location where you went looks a lot nicer than the Syracuse one. Good find! Looks like you had an awesome night!
    Charlotte recently posted..Today- I

11. Sarah R says

1. Moose Drool or any other brown ale
    2. There’s no way I could choose a favorite flavor, but The Salty Dog Ice Cream Shop on Hilton Head Island is fan-freakin-tastic!
    3. I’ve had a serious aversion to all things barbecue for about the last 6 months or so. Sad times!

I love foreshadowing lines in blog posts: “I told them they better get used to it, since they’re gonna be seeing a whole lot more of us pretty soon.” Hmmm I was going to guesss that maybe you’ll be moving, but then I just remembered you just renovated your kitchen. Interesting.. way to keep me on my toes.
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

omg talk about the perfect night you had!! outdoor seating right on the hudson river; its gorgeous!! and then add in great food + live music…SCORE!! (ps I LOVE fried green tomatoes too!) such a yummy southern belle food! ps, that ice cream too, looks AMAZING! so jeal:)
    Olivia recently posted..Melt- A restaurant review!

• Courtney says

I feel like I’ve seen that before, but never tried it. I’ll have to pick it up next time! I especially like your idea about adding the blueberries…YUM! :)

Sounds like a great weekend day to me! My favorite beer is definitely this raspberry beer, well it’s more of a cider, but it’s amazing.
    Babs recently posted..Sugar Coma

Favorite Beer: Corona with Lime is my all time favorite.As for something different Organic Green Man Ginger Beer ( Dying to try Pumpking Beer but you cant find pumpkin beer in New Zealand)

here is the link for NZ Ginger Beer. So Delicious!

Favorite Ice Cream: PB Cookie Dough Frozen Yoghurt

Favorite thing to cover with BBQ Sauce: BBQ’d Sweet Potoato, Baked Tofu
    Natalie recently posted..Have you had your daily dose

I’ve always wanted to try fried green tomatoes too! I hate tomatoes by themselves normally, but I think fried and dipped in something is would be alright since I’m sure it changes the texture a little. Looks like a gorgeous view to have your table at :)
    Mac recently posted..Three Cheers for a Long Weekend!

I’m jealous of all your delicious looking beer options up there- I love fruity beer :) Can’t believe you haven’t tried fried green tomatoes til now! You MUST try them in a BLT! So good!
    Brittney recently posted..The Weekend Rundown

18. Jen N says

Sounds like an excellent day!

Favorite beer: Ommegang’s Hennepin. It’s a great summer beer, especially after a long, hot day.
    Favorite ice cream: Love Snowman, but I also love the Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treat Sundae at Country Drive-In, off exit 8, in Clifton Park. Mmm!
    Favorite thing with BBQ sauce: Chicken, but I like Dinosaur’s Brisket & Bleu sandwich. I haven’t tried anything else there yet because I like it so much.

As a former Southern girl, I love fried green tomatoes and Dinosaur does them fairly well. I want to try them with goat cheese, and in a BLT after reading the other comments :)

Trackbacks

1. […] Can This Be My Life Every Day? | Sweet Tooth Sweet Life Its so hard to choose 1 fave ice cream flavor but I'm leaning towards Choc chip cookie dough or coffee! Barbecue chicken or shrimps do it for me every time! Have a great day! So jealous! I too was hanging out along the Hudson yesterday. Weather was gorgeous! Favorite beer– Old Speckled Hen Favorite ice cream– More of a frozen yogurt person. Peanut butter or cake batter fro yo! Favorite thing covered in bbq sauce? R-I-B-S! […]

2. […] I finally got around to showering around 3:30 this afternoon, and once we were cleaned up and smelling a little more fresh and clean, we decided to treat ourselves the exact same way we did on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend last year. […]