How To Solve A Lame-o Dinner Situation

by Courtney on June 9, 2011

Since I’ve still been too stubborn to turn on the second AC, I spent the majority of my afternoon catching up on some blog-related to-do’s in the bedroom, since we do have that AC blasting.

And because it was so warm in the rest of the house, I decided to allow Code-man to come in and keep me company (usually the bedroom is off-limits for this reason). At first, all he wanted was attention…

Then we had a bit of a staring contest…but I won.

So he got all flustered on me.

and spent a good half hour hiding under the bed. Talk about a sore loser.

Eventually, he came to his senses and came back up to join me.

And the two of us had some good ‘ol QT together.

He’s a special one, I’ll tell ya…

********

Eventually it was time to make something for dinner. Unfortunately, the dinner situation in our house is pretty lame-o right now. I’m trying not to do any grocery shopping this week, since we had so much last week, but our supply is slowly starting to dwindle.

I ended up making the same wrap that I made on Monday,

along with some extra tomato and cucumber slices, and a few lonely pretzels from the bottom of the bag.

Nothing too exciting, but it was still pretty good.

Since Jay and I had to run out and take care of a few errands this evening, my one saving grace for the night was that I was able to convince him to stop for some dessert from my favorite ice cream place.

Only tonight, I totally switched up my order and went with sherbet instead.

For some reason, sherbet had been on my my brain all afternoon, and I can honestly say that this is the best sherbet I have ever tasted. Hands down. I got a mix of their homemade raspberry and watermelon sherbets, which were both so light and refreshing, with the perfect amount of sweet and tart to them.

My serving also came topped with so many rainbow sprinkles that I actually had to give some away to Jay.

They were obviously more than generous tonight, but I sure wasn’t complaining. Everything’s always better with rainbow sprinkles. Smile

And that, my friends, is how to solve a lame-o dinner situation!

Question for the Evening:

What’s the last lame-o meal you had???

Were you able to solve it/fix it?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 9, 2011 at 8:50 pm

My dinner for the last two nights has been pretty lame-o. I have really only wanted a sweet potato and sauteed mushrooms. That’s it. I have had to make up for it with a huge after dinner snack.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..grocery shopping blues- summer break style

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 9, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I just had a meal of carrots and hummus and a tortilla on the side. Talk about lame!! I fixed it with a perfectly ripe peach :)

I love Cody. I’ve never seen his fierce side before!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Too Late

3 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) June 9, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Well, I can tell you dinner tonight wasn’t lame – cake batter ice cream with graham cracker crumbs and rainbow sprinkles. :) Now I’m craving vegetables!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Banana Bread Cookies Gluten Free and Vegan

4 Courtney June 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Oh YUMMMMM!!!

5 Erica June 9, 2011 at 9:12 pm

lame-o: saltines and ginger ale.
BUT that’s because i ate something that has not been sitting well with my stomach, so i guess you could say it’s wonderful under the circumstances.

6 Courtney June 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Oh no…hope you feel better!

7 Paige @ Running Around Normal June 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I’m pretty certain most of my meals are pretty lame-o lately :-P
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..5 Things to Consider When Creating a Week’s Worth of Workouts

8 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition June 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm

rainbow sprinkles make all things better. it’s a fact.
Jennifer@ knackfornutrition recently posted..A little preview of what is to come

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm

So many rainbow sprinkles that you had to give some away?! I can’t imagine that situation! ;)

10 Courtney June 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I couldn’t either…but the amount was unreal!

11 Cynthia (It All Changes) June 9, 2011 at 9:40 pm

My lunches are usually lame-o. Scrambled eggs with salsa and some cheese.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Puppy Chow for People Giveaway

12 Carissa June 9, 2011 at 9:52 pm

My dinner was lame tonight too. Put some stuff in the crock pot but it turned out okay. I wish I gotna chilly, sweet treat!
Carissa recently posted..Spaghetti Squash

13 Sarah June 9, 2011 at 10:34 pm

EVERYTHING is better with sprinkles. My last lame-o meal was lunch today.. a granola bar. Was out shopping and didn’t feel like shelling out for a meal.

14 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls June 9, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I love the picture of Cody where he’s opening his mouth wide! And I agree – EVERYTHING is better with rainbow sprinkles :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..A Little Help

15 Khushboo June 9, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Dessert makes any situation better. I’m glad we’re on the same page…although I can’t say the same about sherbet!!
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

16 Lindsey June 10, 2011 at 12:09 am

Grilled cheese sandwiches, and to fix it I added avocado and tomato and a side spinach salad :) It did the trick!
Lindsey recently posted..Whats Up Wednesday!

17 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 10, 2011 at 1:27 am

Oh sprinkles.. :) They are especially delicious in Jess’s cake batter pancakes!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Tail of Two Cats

18 Lauren June 10, 2011 at 9:04 am

My lame-o meals lately have consisted of apples and chobani – delicious but boring!
Lauren recently posted..A Trip to Flaming Amy’s Burrito Barn – Restaurant Review Wilmington- NC

19 Cait @ UrbanFencepost June 10, 2011 at 9:05 am

I had a totally lame-o dinner the other night consisting of Cheerios and almond milk. Totally unrelated, but how do you get your wraps to stay together like that and look so perfect? Mine are always a disaster with stuff falling out everywhere, lol.
Cait @ UrbanFencepost recently posted..Thursday Recap

20 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 10:14 am

lol…my husband is the same way and always asks me to wrap his for him too! I don’t know, I guess I just wrap it really tight and make sure to tuck in the corners really well?

21 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Sadly, my last lame-o dinner stemmed from an awesome-o dinner! The leftovers a few days later of homemade BBQ chicken pizza weren’t half as good as they were the day of (or even the next day) but man I just HATE tossing food in the trashcan.