Just Between You And Me…

by Courtney on June 12, 2011

At first, I almost didn’t believe them. Were they being serious?

Was it really true?

I pretended to look sad as they pulled out of the driveway. I know this made them feel really, really bad. Especially mom…she’s kind of a sucker for my cute face.

But I’ve tried telling her a thousand times…I’m not a little kitty anymore

DSC01620

I’m a BIG cat now. And I’m really mature, too.

So as soon as they were out of site, it was time to let the party begin. I’m the man of this house now.

So first things first, I decided to go for a workout. I know what you’re thinking…cats don’t work out, right?

Well you know, I watch mom and dad workout all the time, so I thought, “Hey, if they can do it, I can do it.” Well, I think from now on, I’m going to leave the iron pumping to mom and dad. The whole weight lifting thing is serious business and kind of made my hair stand on end.

So next I tried the treadmill. WOW you guys. Now I think I know why mom is so sweaty and disgusting after she uses this thing. Holy meowy.

No more working out for me. I’ll stick with my fetch toys.

All of that hard work really had me work up a thirst. Now, I’m going to let you guys in on a little secret…just don’t tell mom and dad, ok?

They don’t know it, but when they’re asleep, I secretly like to come down to the basement and raid the bar.

Ohhhh I love me a good margarita every now and then.

But remember, this is our little secret, got it? If I find out you told either one of them, I’m going to come over and claw the sides of your couch to pieces.

And I’m no fibber.

So you guys want to know another good thing about being on my own?

I finally get to eat my food the way that I want to eat it. Gosh darn it, I really wish they’d stop trying to force me to eat standing up.

If I want to eat while laying down, then that’s how I’m gonna do it.

But I guess I shouldn’t really complain about mom and dad. They really are super cool, and they do a really good job of taking care of me. We’re a pretty cool family.

So I thought about maybe trying to bake them a little treat for when they get home…

I mean, I see mom baking stuff in the kitchen all the time. But then I realized…

I’m just a cat.

And I’d much rather just hang out on the kitchen counters where I’m not supposed to.

Hey, nobody’s going to know…riiiiiiight?

Well I guess I should tell you, even though I really can handle being left alone, mom and dad told me I’m still not old enough. I tried arguing…

But noooooo. They weren’t havin’ it. I know you guys saw this picture before, but this is really why I was mad.

Apparently Uncle Dan is going to be coming to visit me.

Let’s just hope he’s as good at playing fetch with me as mom and dad are.

And that he doesn’t try to make me eat standing up.

Hey Uncle D, if you’re reading this…why don’t you bring me over some cat nip while you’re at it?

I’ll be waiting.

I sure hope mom and dad have a safe trip and bring me back something from…oh wait…I forgot. I don’t know where they’re going.

1 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 12, 2011 at 9:04 am

Awwww soooo cute! That Cody sure is a clever little cat. I can’t believe he raids the bar while you’re sleeping! Smart guy ;-) Hope you found a DD on the road!!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Walk it Out – Deep Thoughts- By Sometimes Healthy

2 Lina June 12, 2011 at 9:07 am

Hahaha, really cool post, love it. Have fun wherever it is you are going ;) Safe travels!

3 Silvia @ skinny jeans food June 12, 2011 at 9:12 am

Haha, looking forward to Cody giving you the stink eye again when you come back ;-) I know perfectly about cat guilty when going away.
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Vegan chocolate cupcakes

4 Sarah June 12, 2011 at 9:14 am

Bahahaha I really need to get some cuter photos of my dog, Loki. The one with the margarita KILLS me!

5 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 12, 2011 at 9:21 am

OMG This is seriously one of my favorite posts you’ve ever written!! It makes the crazy cat lady inside me happy :)
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Rainy Day After

6 Khushboo June 12, 2011 at 9:26 am

Hahah such a cute post! Always the case when the parents leave town: the kid is slightly too excited! Have a great vacay!
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

7 briana June 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

Loved the post, I was laughing the whole time!

8 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie June 12, 2011 at 9:57 am

Haha very very cute!! Cody is a smart cat :) I would totally raid the bar while you were sleeping too.
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Fashion Friday

9 Brittany June 12, 2011 at 10:10 am

This is so adorable!! Cody is one smart cat! Wish my cats would stay still long enough for me to take pictures of them. lol.

Have a great trip :D

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 12, 2011 at 10:11 am

very cute :) can’t wait to hear where you guys are off to!

11 Nikki June 12, 2011 at 10:14 am

LOVE THIS!!! Have fuuuuun :)

12 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 12, 2011 at 10:25 am

Haha. Cute kitty. I love it.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Budget Living

13 Nikki June 12, 2011 at 10:30 am

I know I mentioned this in the past, but I still think you should have a Cody-look-a-like contest. You obviously love your cat. It would be fun. You wouldn’t even need to offer a prize, just have readers who have Tabby cats send in their pics and we can vote.

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 12, 2011 at 10:36 am

haha – that was too too cute. Can’t wait to see where you’re going!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..health tips 101

15 Alicia June 12, 2011 at 10:39 am

adorable!!
Alicia recently posted..Freihofer’s Run for Women

16 Blubeari June 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

I love my kitties. I’m sure have a ball when I’m away too!!
Blubeari recently posted..Cheat days are not much fun

17 Kathryn June 12, 2011 at 10:51 am

Great post! So cute and creative!

18 Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) June 12, 2011 at 11:13 am

Ha ha. You’re good at capturing your kitty in all sorts of different poses. Hope you have fun on your vacation!
Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) recently posted..GIVEAWAY and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Review!

19 Lindsay June 12, 2011 at 11:13 am

Haha love this! It makes me miss my cat…he’s at home in Ohio with my mom. Can’t wait to see what exciting place you’re headed to!
Lindsay recently posted..First Post – What up blog world!

20 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 12, 2011 at 11:14 am

haha, my favorite part was the attempt at working out.

See, Cody, not so easy after all!!

Reminds me of this blog: http://getoutoftherecat.tumblr.com/

(it’s about cats where they do not belong. You, and cody, might like it.)
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Eating Good in the Neighborhood pool

21 Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks June 12, 2011 at 11:34 am

Love this! Thanks for making me smile, Cody ;) hope your mom and dad are having fun!

22 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I WANT YOUR CATTTT. This is the cutest post ever, I need to do this for my pups. Also tell your kitty to take it easy on the margaritas!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..The Perfect Barbie Chair Salad The Last Day!

23 emma June 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Awww……super cool post! And great pics – i especially like the margarita one :-)

24 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 12, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Cute post, Courtney! Have fun on your vaycay!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Giggles Awkwardness

25 Gege June 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

My nine year old sister loves cats, so every time I see cody in a post, I call her over to come see him, and she loves it, so this definitely made her day and mine!:) Have a safe trip!
Gege recently posted..Im still alive!

26 Emily @ Relishments June 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Super cute. I totally want to get a cat now. Meanwhile, I’ll just enjoy pictures of Cody. Thanks for sharing!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..A Day in Hyde Park

27 Katy (The Singing Runner) June 12, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Haha! Awww this is too adorable!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Rollin&8217 With The Punches

28 Niki (Life's a Payne) June 12, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Oh my goodness that was such a laugh! Great post, it just made my day!
Niki (Life’s a Payne) recently posted..Peaches and GREEN smoothie!

29 Marykate Sinnott June 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Looks like everyone has vacation fever. Can’t wait for mine!
And excellent guest-posting by Cody. He has some amazing dexterity for a kitty!
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Unemployed to FUNemployed

30 Anita June 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Ohmygoodness. The kitten picture! It’s adorable!!
Anita recently posted..Mini Summer Makeovers

31 Samantha June 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I’m laughing my butt off over here! Too cute and funny!
Samantha recently posted..Unplanned Taper Madness Day 25 – TGIF

32 Lindsay June 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Just came in search of this post to share this picture with you:

I saw this and thought of Cody instantly. Not just because he’s at a bar, but also because it slightly looks like him!

33 Courtney June 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm