I’ll Always Be Proud To Call Him Dad

by Courtney on June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

Today, I had the pleasure of spending a good portion of my afternoon with the “Big Guy.” Since it was such a beautiful day, we spent a good amount of time outdoors either by the pool or playing ladder ball.

Jay was my partner, and umm…let’s just say I may be in the market for a new one.

Actually, I think I may have found a new partner. But no hard feelings, mmkay Jay? Winking smile

Shortly after, we got the grill fired up and got ready for some dinner.

I had to laugh, because after looking back on last year’s Father’s Day, I realized that we had the exact same meal. Hey, I guess we’re creatures of habit, right?

For dinner, I had some of mom’s amazing pasta salad, corn on the cob (which was pretty good for being so early in the season),

IMG_4770IMG_4771

and half of a large piece of grilled chicken which I topped with some sautéed peppers and onions…hence making this piece of chicken absolutely delicious.

We all ate dinner out on the patio while watching the cutie Irishman, Rory McIlroy, win the US Open. It was so exciting to see such a young, humble player win!

Not long after the win, dessert was brought out…

Oh Strawberry Angel Pie…how I adore you.

Knowing full well what happened the last time I encountered this stuff, I made sure to have mom portion out my piece and keep the rest out of reach. I can’t be controlled.

But luckily, mom did a good job of keeping my portion closer to that of a human being, rather than a small army of them. So along with the pie, I also nabbed a mini fudge fancy cookie. I picked up a package of them early from Bella Napoli, since I know they’re one of my dad’s favorites.

I can’t blame him…they are pretty amazing.

*********

It was a great day spent with family and, of course, the man of the hour. I’m so thankful for my dad for so many reasons…

Not only has he been the most amazing father a girl could really, really ever ask for. But he’s also taught me some of the super-duper important things in life.

Like how to bargain shop at the grocery store.

Or how to get the most out of clipping coupons on a Sunday morning.

He’s taught me how to keep my crap organized.

And how to heckle the other team at softball games.

He’s a pretty awesome guy, and I’ll always be proud to call him Dad.

Happy Father’s Day, Big Guy! Smile

1 Lindsay June 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Courtney you look gorgeous! And what is that game? I’ve never seen it before….and that strawberry angel pie looks totally delicious :)

2 Katherine June 19, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Such a sweet post :)
Katherine recently posted..Just One Of Those Mornings

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Aww, happy fathers day to him!! And that’s too funny about you having the exact same meal. We did, too. In fact, we have the same meal every father’s day. I think if we strayed our family wouldn’t know what to do with themselves! lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..In Love

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Our Father’s Day meal looked almost exactly the same!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bloggers Greek festival

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Happy Father’s Day to your daddy! Looks like a great day!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..crazy day at the vegan cafe

6 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 19, 2011 at 11:17 pm

What a perfect way to spend Father’s Day! And your mom’s Strawberry Angel Pie looks better and better each time :-). Happy Father’s Day!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Ode to Sometimes Healthy Dad

7 Khushboo June 19, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I see where you get your dessert skills, that pie looks out of this world!
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

8 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 19, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Mmm that pie really does look irresistible!! And maybe you could make this meal a tradition??
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Alternatives

9 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 19, 2011 at 11:50 pm

We basically have the same Father’s Day meal every year too. It’s my dad’s chance to request his favorite dishes, and we always have ribs, something that no one else in the house really enjoys eating. My dad is outnumbered by four girls (my mom, and three daughters) who happen to enjoy more vegetarian food than meat, so sometimes he doesn’t get as much meat as he would probably like!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Dad’s Day

10 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 20, 2011 at 7:17 am

Looks like fun.. Haha – Looking for a new partner. :)
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Quinoa Vegetable Bake

11 Yolie @ Practising Wellness June 20, 2011 at 7:50 am

What a lovely day! That’s so funny you had the same meal as last year – we totally do that too…family favourites, if you will ;-) And you really can’t beat a BBQ on a summers evening…hands down best meal ever. So glad you had such a wonderful fathers day :-) xyx
PS: Loved the new partner comment! :-P My bf probably thinks that about me every time we play doubles badminton – my hand eye coordination is not the best, lol! ;-)
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..Wholefoods Heaven -

12 kristen June 20, 2011 at 11:45 am

that pasta salad looks amazing- what is in it?

13 Courtney June 20, 2011 at 12:14 pm

tri-colored pasta, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, celery, peppers, onions, olives (eww) sharp cheddar cheese chunks, and pepperoni slices. Then we top it with Italian dressing, but since there was so much, we decided to add it after, so the leftovers wouldn’t get too soggy. :)

14 kristen June 20, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I second the olives haha
Going to make this asap! thank you!

15 Steph @321delish June 20, 2011 at 11:51 am

That strawberry angel pie looks AMAZING!! I would destroy it!
Steph @321delish recently posted..June Eating Club at 901