Candy In A Cup + A Mini Cody Video

You guys remember yesterday’s lunch?

IMG_5097IMG_5095

Oh gosh, that was amazing. Well, unfortunately, it wreaked havoc on my stomach until the time I went to bed last night. Seriously, what is my DEAL?

My guess is that it had to be too much dairy (cheese x2?), because I’ve had that amount of fruit before with no problems.

Either way, not cool.

So today, I decided to go another route…

A smoothie it was! Today’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie inspiration comes courtesy of my blog twin, Julie.

• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop chocolate Whey protein powder
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 container prunes baby food (<—totally random, right? Well I had it here and figured it’d be a good way to squeeze in some extra nutrients)
  • 5 ice cubes
  • 1 pinch xanthan gum (for thickening)

You know you’ve got a good, thick smoothie on your hands when your straw can stick straight up in it.

IMG_5134IMG_5137

This smoothie totally tasted like I chocolate peanut butter cup, only in liquid form. Yes, like candy in a cup. No joke. And I loved the fact that I couldn’t taste the prunes at all…they’re so sneaky.

On the side, I also snacked on half of a tortilla filled with some Low Fat PB spread.

Some of you have asked how the spread holds up, and I will say that it’s done quite well. I keep it at room temp in a plastic storage container with a locking, sealable lid, and it’s been great.

I’m actually planning on eating some smaller meals/snacks throughout the afternoon because Jay and I won’t be eating dinner until closer to 8:00pm tonight. Our friends, Joe & Kate, are coming over for a double dinner date, and I’ve got one of my favorite recipes EVER ready to go in the crockpot!

I can’t wait until I get to dig in. Smile

*****

For Your Viewing Pleasure!

Please pay no attention to my terrible video taking skills, but this morning I ended up taking a quick video of me and the Codester playing fetch.

Cody Playing Fetch

He begged me to put it up…he says it will make you guys love him even more. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What time do you typically eat dinner on a weeknight?

Jay and I usually like to eat anywhere between 6-7pm, but if we have a good enough excuse (i.e., friends coming to visit) then we’ll make it earlier or later.

Comments

Since my husband is in graduate school, the time we have dinner varies each quarter. He’s only taking one class this summer, so we’re starting to get into a routine of having dinner around 6:30. I grew up having dinner at 5pm every day though – which now I realize is pretty early!

Awww that video of Cody is adorable! I can’t wait to see Cooper on Thursday :). He loves to fetch ribbons and then he’ll come runny back and make this weird crying/meowing noise with it still in his mouth haha. I like to eat dinner around 6. Although sometimes its earlier because I tend to get insanely hungry :).

I try to have dinner ready for us during the week by 8pm at the latest, but sometimes we end up eating later. I love the kitty fetch videos. I took one of my kitty Aki. She goes after mousies when tossed down the stairs. If you’re interested, you can watch it here – http://youtu.be/giEJrJ5lfqU :)

Cute Cody video! I wish my cats would actually RETURN the fetch toy…. what a good cat!

I think both fruits (sugars!) and dairy (protein) are tough to digest at the same time (–>gas), this is why fruit and almond milk smoothies are a lot easier on the stomach. .

Love that your cat plays fetch! Ours will run for it, but not bring it back, what a brat 😉

Usually about 7pm is when we end up eating.We run or go to the gym after work so by the time we get home and make supper its usually this time.

During the week we usually eat around 6 or 6:30, depending on what time I get back from the gym. When we go out for dinner, it’s usually so early we end up sitting with families and older people 😉

Sorry that your stomach wasn’t doing too good yesterday! Hopefully you’ll figure out soon what it is exactly that bothers it! My brother has been suffering with stomach issues for over a year so I know how difficult it can be!

Cody is adorable as always! My cat, Leo, will play with my hair tie for hours at a time and I’m not exaggerating!

8. Brittany says

Ugh, I had similar stomach issues all day yesterday. It made absolutely no sense. I had a bowl of trader joe’s fusili with veggies and pesto but there’s no way there were enough veggies to do THAT to my stomach. I woke up feeling less gross and bloaty but my stomach still isn’t feeling upto par and I had to skip my iced coffee this morning. What is wrong with us?!?

I get in at around 6pm and I usually start making dinner right away. Depending on how long the meal takes to prepare, we generally eat at 6.30 to 7pm.

I’m usually starving after walking home from work so I like quick and easy weeknight meals!

I’m not really a huge cat person (mostly b/c I’m like deathly allergic to them) but yours is actually fun! I love that he plays with you. I feel like most cats I see just lurk around being all independent and stuff 😉

Courtney – when you’re just cooking for you and your husband, do you cut the cooking time down at all? I REALLY want to give this recipe a try! Crock pot cooking times always confuse me!

• Courtney says

Even if it’s just me and hubby, I usually still keep the recipe the full amount just so we can have leftovers, since it’s hard to use just half of a can of soup. Usually 5 hours on low for 3 large chicken breasts is good!

cody is fast!!! so cute!

growing up i’d eat dinner around 5-5:30
    lately i’ve been eating around 8pm….but now i’m trying to be done eating by 7pm.

That smoothie looks like something I’m gonna hafta get my hands on soon. On any typical night, I usually eat dinner around 7, but I’ve had days where I’ve eaten at 9 and days where I’ve eaten at 5… when I get hungry anywhere from 5’oclock on, I’d rather eat a real meal instead of snacking

I swear I’m a 27 year old senior citizen! 😉 When my husband is traveling for work, I eat dinner around 5:00! And when he’s home, I’ll usually have dinner ready and on the table as soon as his car is in the driveway… like, around 5:45. Like Shayla said, I also get up super early when I’m working, so that means lunch comes early… and then dinner comes early! When we have to meet friends for dinner and they want to meet at 7 or 8pm, I feel like I could naw my arm off! 😛

15. Samantha H. says

LOL! Cody really does play fetch! He actually brings it straight to you as opposed to my dog – running around with it in her mouth for 5 minutes and then dropping it way across the yard – Smart Kitty!

We usually eat supper at around 6:30 or 7 on the nights that I have off. When I am working night shift I don’t really know what meal is considered dinner! lol.

My boyfriend just looked over and said “is that an empty wrap?”. He believes any spread should be thicker than what it is put on… haha!

Cody may slowly bring me over to the cat side 😉 !

18. Julie Nicole says

Aww Cody reminds me of my cat Marley! She lovess playing fetch, especially with these fluffy balls we got at the pet store. She carries them around in her mouth everywhere!!!

I used to eat dinner quite late at 8.30/9 but recently it’s more like 7.30/8! I get home from work a little before 7 so I rather not prolong the ‘hanger’!

Oooo your smoothie looks soo good and I love that you used baby food, what a great idea! Loving your blog and so glad to be a new follower! :)

Trackbacks