You Need This Creamy Fruit Dip Recipe

Creamy Fruit Dip – YUM!

Last night after settling into our new hotel room, the four of us opted for a low-key evening in with some pizza and games. After a long day, filled with a bout of motion sickness, nothing actually sounded better.

I enjoyed two slices of Veggie pizza, which was topped with green peppers, onions, spinach, and tomatoes. It was pretty decent but nothing outrageous.

After dinner, we decided to break out the games for a little Phase 10. If you’ve never played Phase 10 before, I’d definitely recommend you picking up a set of cards. It’s a great game to play with anyone…especially when you’re on vacation!

Jay usually despises Phase 10 because he usually gets his bee-hind handed to him. But believe it or not, he actually defied the odds and beat us all…I think he must have cheated. Doesn’t he look suspicious??

My dad, on the other hand, looks anything BUT suspicious, right? He’s such a ham…

You should really see him deal the cards too…we all agreed he’d get kicked out of Vegas in about 5 seconds. He’s wild.

While playing our card game, I ended up snacking on a bunch of fruit dip with pretzels and graham crackers.

Now…let me tell you about this fruit dip.

It’s amazing.

It’s incredible.

It’s highly addicting.

It can be paired with just about anything.

It can even be eaten straight off the spoon and I will never judge you for it.

Not only is it a great recipe to bring to your next party…but it’s also not too shabby to have in your fridge. AND it’s healthified…just sayin’.

So the first thing you’re going to do is mix together your cream cheese and brown sugar.

IMG_5483IMG_5485

Next, you mix in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.

Finally, you add in the milk and vanilla pudding mix, and blend it all together until it’s nice and creamy.

IMG_5490IMG_5491

Let it sit for about two hours in the fridge (if you can) before digging in…then enjoy with whatever snacks you’re got on hand.

I’ve found that even though it’s a “fruit dip,” it’s really just as good when paired with sweet AND salty (hence my pretzel dipping in last night’s card game).

*****

This morning, we woke up and enjoyed a simple breakfast in the room of English muffins with peanut butter and bananas (but no raisins…recycled photo, sorry!).

image

Now, we’re getting ready to pack it up and head down to the beach for the day. It’s supposed to be another HOT one out there!

*****

In other news, I want to let you all know about a very important online auction and bake sale that will be happening soon. Susan the wonderful healthy living blogger behind The Great Balancing Act, was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Support Susan!

In an effort to help pay for her medical expenses, the auction will be held on Monday, July 25th from 8:00am to 11:00pm (EST). There will be over 100 items to bid on, including: blogger baked goods, autographed books, a complete blog makeover, and loot from such companies as Bob’s Red Mill, Chobani, Larabar, and Love Grown Foods. Bidding will start at $10 and ALL proceeds will go directly to Susan to help pay for her medical expenses.

If you’d like to read more about The Great Fundraising Act, you can click here.

Whether people decide to bid on an actual item or just choose to donate a monetary gift is up to the individual. I will be donating a batch of my Crackled Sugar Cookies + a $25.00 Gift Card to Outback Steakhouse to be bid on.

*****

Question for the Morning:

What are some of your favorite card and/or board games to play?

What would you pair the fruit dip with?? Winking smile

Comments

I have always loved the game Life for some reason, or Monopoly.
    That dip looks really good! I would pair it with apples, for some reason they are the one fruit that I think always tastes better dipped in something.

Keith and I go on vacation to the beach with my parents every year and we always have EPIC Spades tournaments! Girls versus Boys!

This dip looks amazing!

My mom will only play one card game–so I have played a lot of rummy in my day. Phase 10 as well, with a friend who has a penchant for complicated, math-oriented games (this was one of his simpler ones).

That reminds me a little bit of the sour cream and brown sugar dip my grandma always made me for strawberries when I was a little girl.

Phase 10 is so much fun! My college roomie introduced me to it and the first game we played I seriously kicked her butt – she swore I was hustling her @ phase ten!

It always amazes me what an incredibly supportive community this is. I’ll definitely be participating in the auction. Maybe I’ll get your cookies ;-)

That fruit dip looks positively delicious! As you can prob guess, my go-to pairing would be pretzels, which you’ve covered. Maybe potato chips? I love sweet n’ salty!

I love Clue. I (obviously) have the board game, but I even had it as a computer game at one point…oh dear!

Mmm, to fruit dip. Looks so yummy!!!

My family is big on games, too. We love euchre, Sequence, Mad Gab, Apples to Apples … and on and on and on!

I love salty/sweet — pretty sure I’d be out of control around that! :)

I Love Phase 10, and my family plays it quite often! It’s so much fun! A night in to rest up will probably revive you guys for the day ahead!

I can’t stop laughing about your Dad dealing the cards too wildly. Hilarious.

That fruit dip looks AWESOME. We are big dip lovers over here. Love dips. I actually always wanted to open a restaurant that served just dips. You would pick a variety of dips and then a bunch of different things to dip with! One of those pipedreams of a stay at home mom! hehe
    And thanks a lot Courtney…for posting that beautiful picture of pizza at the beginning of your post. I have never craved pizza this bad at 9am! mmmmm :)

Ooohhh hello delicious fruit dippyhealthified recipe – I would definitely pair that with, um, well…EVERYTHING! Pineapple, strawberries, honey wheat pretzels! Spread it on a cinnamon raisin bagel thin, why not?!

My family and I always play either Hi-Lo-Jack or Sh!t on your Neighbor (wicked fun – WICKED fun).

That auction is a fantastic idea, I will definitely be participating!

oh my gosh you guys look like you’re having a blast! I love a good old fashioned game of cards…gin is my fave!! I am SO making that fruit dip! Have you ever made Julie (PB fingers) goat cheese and honey dip? sooo yummy!!

I think this is perfect since we still have a ton of graham crackers left over after s’more making the other night! ;) Family card games are so fun. I’m thinking about buying the game TableTopics since my boyfriend came home with me to meet the parents for the first time. It could help get to know him better all while being fun. :P

i love taboo!

omg, i must make that fruit dip! i looove fruit dip. i once had one at a buffet and i was obsessed, i wish i knew what it was!

OMGosh Phase 10! I played that once and it was fun, but there were a ton of us playing and I’m not sure we were playing it right b/c it took like 8 hours! and we were still not finished! LOL something had to be wrong…

Trackbacks