Pancakes for Lunch + TGFA Update

by Courtney on July 25, 2011

On Sunday, I was spending some time browsing through my favorite blogs, as I typically do on a Sunday.

Before I knew it, I found myself staring face to face with an amazing photo of The Fitnessista’s Perfect Protein Pancakes. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen Gina make these before; but now that I have my own bag of Sun Warrior, it made me appreciate them in a whole new way.

Now I could make them!

But I didn’t make them Sunday…I had already made these delicious little muffins.

And I didn’t make them this morning…because I wanted to eat more of my delicious muffins.

But this afternoon? Now THAT was a different story.

I mean, I enjoy pancakes for dinner. Who says I can’t have pancakes for lunch, right?

Right!

Guys and gals, let me just tell you…these guys are packed with protein and loaded with flavor. I think, in fact, I may have fallen in love just a little bit this afternoon. Red heart

I followed her recipe exactly and also topped them with the same sauce that she created on Sunday + a little Raspberry Polaner All-Fruit spread.

Mark my words: I will most definitely be creating these again…and again…and again.

I think I could get used to this whole protein pancakes for every meal of the day lunch thing. Who needs veggies?? (just kidding…I had my daily glass of V8 this morning) Winking smile

The Great Fundraising Act Update:

• As of noon today, the total amount of money raised was $12,894! Does that not just totally blow your mind??? Talk about an amazing community!
  • I upped the ante on my Crackled Sugar Cookies! Not only will the winning bidder get the cookies + $25 Outback Steakhouse gift card, but they’ll ALSO have their choice of a second baked good. So far, we’re up to $100 (WOW!)…can we make it any father?!?

Question for the Afternoon:

What are your favorite pancake toppings?

1 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

TGFA is amazing.. it blows my mind how much people are supporting the cause! I love it.

and oh my gosh.. I could eat anything on pancakes. I looove peanutbutter, bananas, and chocolate chips, though! with lots of syrup. ;)

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I love strawberry jam on my pancakes – weird I know, but it’s SO good!

3 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Wow, I’m amazed at how much money has been raised so far!! Amazing!

Fruit is always a good bet for pancake toppings. Also, syrup, powdered sugar, nut butters, chocolate….

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Wow, those pancakes look amazing! They’re so thick!

And that’s awesome how much money has been raised!! I’m new to the blogging community, but I already love it!! :)

5 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I always eat breakfast foods for lunch – oatmeal and pancakes! They’re my favourite foods so why restrict them to breakfast!

I like maple syrup, cinnamon and plain yoghurt all mixed together on top of my pancakes.

6 Shayla @ The Good Life July 25, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Wowza do those look good! I’ve seen them a gazillion times on her blog but never thought to make them for some reason…however you making them has now inspired me to try them! They look delish!

Is it best to make them with the Sun Warrior? Or do you think any protein powder would do? :)

7 Shayla @ The Good Life July 25, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Oops nevermind, just saw on her recipe page that you can use any vanilla protein.

And I like good ole maple syrup and bananas as a pancake topping :)

8 Courtney July 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hahaha, you beat me to it! ;)

9 Lindsey July 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Greek yogurt and fresh fruit!

10 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl July 25, 2011 at 2:59 pm

There is a lot of pancake love in the blogosphere today! I’m digging it. My new favorite topping is a blend of maple syrup and blueberries that I got from a recipe in Fitness Magazine. I never thought to combine the two and it was really delish.

11 Khushboo July 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I’m not loving my usual oats,yog+fruit bowl lately for breakfast so I think the solution to that is pancakes for breakfast…and your post just confirmed that! Vanilla soy yogurt and berries or peanut butter and banana are my go-to toppings!

12 Jordan July 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Oh my goodness those look sooo yummy! I can’t believe how thick and dense they look! I’m gonna have to give them a try :)

13 Erica July 25, 2011 at 3:15 pm

i’m a simple butter and maple syrup kinda girl :)

14 Jackie @ That Deep Breath July 25, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Nut butter is definitely my favorite pancake topping! I’m so excited about this auction. It’s amazing! The support of a bunch of strangers coming together to create something like this is fabulous.

15 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Pancakes with syrup (of course) and fresh berries. So simple, but can’t be beat.

TGFA is blowing my mind!

16 Erica July 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I love blueberries or chocolate chips on my pancakes!

17 Holly July 25, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Thank you for an overall update as the total raised- that is SO exciting!!!! I’m totally blown away by everyone’s generosity!! I’m definitely hoping (&watching carefully ;) ) to win a few items!!

18 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 25, 2011 at 4:28 pm

WOW $12,000! What a great community that we are blessed to be a part of :)

19 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Noshame girl, I had a cookie dough bowl for lunch! <3

20 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 25, 2011 at 6:12 pm

How sweet of you to up the ante on your items up for bid! :) My favorite pancake toppings are peanut butter, banana, and cinnamon without a doubt!

21 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 25, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I was going to make falafel for dinner tonight… but looks like french toast is going to happen. You’re an inspiration ;)

22 Courtney July 25, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hahaha, happy to help :-D

23 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm

WOW! That is AMAZING! :)
I’m a fan of anything and everything sweet! Peanut butter with some sf syrup is a win-win!

24 Erin @ Naturally Addicted July 25, 2011 at 9:35 pm

O yum! I have got to try those pancakes out! I have this random ever-growing list of pancake recipes to try… I think I could try each one at every meal and they’d last me a week!
I can’t believe it’s over $12,000 now… I am blown away by that number!

25 julie July 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm

i saw the fitnessistas almond butter sauce the other day and i dieeeeeeeed for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. haha i LOVE pancakes for lunch! i wish i wasn’t at work all day so i could make pancakes for lunch everyday!

26 sara @ the foodie diaries July 25, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Bananas and chocolate chips for sure!! And you can’t forget the syrup ;)

27 briana July 25, 2011 at 10:08 pm

pb bananas and honey!

28 colleen @ thegiftofmondays July 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm

that’s great how much money is being raised! so amazing that it is being done through the blogging community…too cool!!!

i checked out the fitnesssista’s blog for the recipe. love the amount of fiber and protein in these babies…thanks for the nudge in her direction!!!

29 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 25, 2011 at 10:52 pm

The success of TGFA so far is amazing!
After that pancake review I feel like I’d be an idiot not to try these now ;)

30 Kristine @ Running on Hungry July 25, 2011 at 10:56 pm

That’s so amazing how much has been raised thus far!

I LOVE these pancakes! I’ve made them in the past and oh my goodness they are SO good!! Those muffins look pretty tasty too!

31 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Girl" July 26, 2011 at 12:38 am

Such exciting news about the Great Fundraising Act. The total amount DOES blow my mind. It’s incredible and make me respect this community even more :-).

I like my pancakes topped with butter (or butter spray), syrup and OF COURSE, Reddi Whip. A little chocolate chips is always nice too ;-)

32 Audrey July 27, 2011 at 2:56 am

A great pancake needs no topping!……….okay strawberries…