A Pod Like No Other

by Courtney on August 21, 2011

Oh my goodness. I still can’t believe that the Healthy Living Summit has already come and gone. It’s been months in the making and just like that, it’s over in a flash.

I still have so much that I want to talk about with you, and I will definitely spend some time getting into our panel discussion on negativity. But first, I have to share last night’s dinner experience with you all.

Once all of the sessions were officially over, a small group of us got ready and headed out for some dinner. Unlike the previous couple of nights, our planned dinner destination was a little bit farther so we hopped in a cab and made our way over to pod.

IMG_7132IMG_7134

Gabriella is the one who suggested pod and I’ve got to say that it was nothing like any other restaurant I’ve ever been to. I mean, the atmosphere was just…for lack of a better word…awesome.

Pod is a modern, family-style Asian fusion restaurant, featuring not only a killer food menu, but some pretty intriguing drinks as well.

I made a game time decision and ended up ordering the Lychee and Peach martini.

It was good, but more in a “this is so delicious I could just down it like it’s juice” sort of way. Almost a little too sweet (and dangerous) of a mixed drink for my liking.

To start, the table shared a couple orders of warm edamame, which was salty and delicious.

For my dinner, I rolled with the Thai Salad, which was made up of cabbage, cilantro, egg, peanuts, avocado, oven-roasted tomatoes, and a vinaigrette that I got on the side. This salad packed in some serious flavor.

I also ordered a California roll.

The entire dinner was spent chatting and laughing with some amazing ladies that I just could not get enough of this entire weekend.

But I suppose I should rephrase; it wasn’t all ladies…

Gina and the Pilot were with us, and I have decided that they have got to be one of the most adorable couples I know (not to mention great company!).

As if dinner couldn’t get any better…

Desserts to share with the table:

Butterscotch Brown Sugar Cake (crumbled gingersnaps, butterscotch panna cotta)

Mocha Brownie (cappuccino ice cream, dark chocolate sauce, toasted macadamias)

Fluffernutter Spring Rolls with warm chocolate peanut butter dipping sauce

All three of these were so so so so good. And I kinda want to eat all of them everyday of my life.

Such a fun night!

(photo courtesy of Gina)

Gabriella, Tina, Brittany, Julie, Gina, Me, Allison (+ the Pilot, who took the photo)

But it wasn’t over YET. After dinner, we went to a wine bar for another drink and then followed it up with some more fun at the hotel bar.

Champagne and salty snacks enjoyed while sharing scary ghost stories? Yes please!

Cheers to awesome friends and a fantastic weekend!

Talk about a great way to end the evening, right? Winking smile

*****

Before I forget! For those of you who asked about my dress from Friday’s cocktail hour,

The designer is Bisou Bisou and I bought it last summer at JCPenney. It’s one of my favorite dresses and I was so excited to have another chance to wear it, since the only other time it’s seen daylight was in Vegas last year. I’m so glad you guys liked it. Smile

More recaps still to come; but for now, I need to go lay down and most likely pass right out. I am exhausted!

Catch ya’ll tomorrow. Smile

*Side note: Are any of you out there noticing a slow loading of my bloggy? Things have been sort of slow on my end, but I wasn’t sure if it was just me or if it was happening for everyone…?

1 Lauren August 21, 2011 at 7:31 pm

It was so nice meeting you this weekend!

2 Courtney August 21, 2011 at 7:42 pm

It was so great meeting you too! Wish we could have had more time to chat…especially about all the Les Mills stuff :)

3 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) August 21, 2011 at 7:33 pm

ahhh so much fun! i loveee the lychee and peach martini flava combo!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..A Hipster’s Guide to Thrifting!

4 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 21, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Bahh I’m so jealous! Sounds amazing! And your blog has been loading perfectly fine for me :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..The Help (movie) and Germs

5 Bri @ Fashion Snack August 21, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Pod looks like a cool restaurant and those desserts look fantastic!!
Bri @ Fashion Snack recently posted..Banana Bananza, pt.2

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 21, 2011 at 7:57 pm

What a great time you had! Pod seems awesome! —Those drinks all sound dangerous! Delightfully dangerous, but still dangerous! Mmmmmmm!
So glad that you all had so much fun!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..California- Day #3

7 Jill @ SA Newlywed August 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm

OMG those desserts?! I want to live in them!

8 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) August 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm

It’s been so much fun reading about the good times that everyone had at HLS! I hope to join all you fabulous ladies next year.
PS… I’d love to read some recaps on the information in the sessions… :)
Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Unique Freezer Meal #1- Check!

9 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas August 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Hey! I just found your blog! ah-may-zing! lol :)
Pod looks so modern! Can’t wait to read your future posts and make some of your delicious recipes!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..The Beach is This Way…

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 21, 2011 at 8:04 pm

This weekend was an absolute blast- I loved getting to know you better! Dinner was so fun :) Hope you had a safe trip home and I can’t wait to see you again…hopefully SOON! AKA come visit NYC!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..HLS: Dinner at Pod

11 Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique August 21, 2011 at 8:20 pm

All of that food looks amazing! Can’t wait to hear more about your presentation! :)
Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..Weeknight Dinner Planning

12 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Looks like a fun night! Things are not slow over here!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..restaurant style salsa

13 Brittany August 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Sushi = goodness! Glad you had such a fun weekend! Can’t wait to hear or read (ha!) more about ya’lls panel :)
Brittany recently posted..coming up

14 Lisa August 21, 2011 at 9:07 pm

What cool lights they had at pod! I kind of want to get some for my office. ;)
Lisa recently posted..Treats that are not Sunny Seeds but are still Very Good #22: Make This Now Sunday

15 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) August 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I vote you recreate the fluffernutter spring rolls for the next CDNY get together :) It was good seeing you this weekend, even if it was just multi-times in passing!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Battle of the Recipes (Healthy vs. Not-so-much)

16 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Haha LOVE Gina’s water because of the baby bump ;) Looks like you had an awesome time!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..10-10-10 Quick Interval Workout

17 Angela @ momethis August 21, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi. Cant wait to hear more about the HLS.

18 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm

You gals are all so cute. I love that you and Julie are such good friends because you have to be two of my favorite bloggers. :) Glad you had such a fun weekend!
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..Yummy in My Tummy Broccoli Salad

19 Brittany August 21, 2011 at 11:25 pm

It was so great to hang out with you again this weekend Courtney! Saturday night was a blast. :)
Brittany recently posted..7 Things – Healthy Living Summit Style

20 Laura August 22, 2011 at 12:28 am

I have that dress, too! It’s so colorful and fun I just wish I had more reasons to wear it, but instead it sits in my closet for all but 2 days of the year. Looks like you had an incredible weekend!

21 Khushboo August 22, 2011 at 12:56 am

Love the look of the bar- so modern! That pic of you girls with the champagne made me smile with Tina whippin out her camera- blogger caught in the moment!
Khushboo recently posted..Evolution

22 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs August 22, 2011 at 6:41 am

I feel like you just casually snuck in, “fluffernutter spring rolls” like oh, nbd. WHAT! Fluffernutter spring rolls!? That sounds crazyawesome!
Oh and all the non dessert food looks really good, too. Esp. that martini.
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..DIY Super Protein Powder

23 Hope August 22, 2011 at 9:02 am

So jealous you went to Pod! It looks amazing! I am a huge Stephen Starr fan. I love going to his restuarants. The decor is always so unique :)
Hope recently posted..I Said YES to the Dress!!….

24 gina (fitnessista) August 22, 2011 at 10:49 am

loved hanging out with you girls and so glad we could have dinner and shenanigan together!
tom was saying that he was so impressed by how normal and fun everyone was. he told me he was thinking with a group of girls this pretty, there’s going to be a fight or someone crying by the end of the night. he was pleasantly shocked ;)
hope to see you again soon! <3
xoxo

25 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 22, 2011 at 10:52 am

Man, looks so much fun! So thrilled for you, and the wonderful HLS experience! It’s proper cool to read about it and experience it vicariously! :-D xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..weekend meals and moves

26 Laura @ Unchartered 20s August 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Pod looks so cool! Love seeing pics of you and Julie together- two of my favorite daily bloggers :)
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Broadway Baby

27 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 22, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Wow all of that looks so amazing! And your dress is gorgeous!

The pages have been loading slow for me!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..When 18 Becomes 15 (Day 27)

28 Shayla @ The Good Life August 22, 2011 at 6:52 pm

You all look so gorgeous and you’re as beautiful as ever Courtney. And the food looks to die for, especially the dessert, I would have died to try those! :)

Over the weekend and today I was noticing that your blog was a bit slow loading the home page…
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Sunday Traditions

29 Courtney August 22, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Thank you, Shayla! :)
And thanks for letting me know about the blog slowness too. It’s really bugging me and I don’t know what is UP! Grrrr.

30 kristen August 26, 2011 at 11:19 am

looks like a blast! I read Julies blog (love her) I hope one day to go to a conference