The Fashion Friday Archives

I totally blame it on the pumpkin coffee.

Because ever since, I have been completely and utterly in “fall” mode. I’m itching to take out my decorations, and even found myself peeking through the closet yesterday afternoon in search of my ugglies.

So my plan for you all this afternoon was to put together a Fashion Friday piece (because it’s been, umm, forever since I did one) about what I’m loving for fall.

Well, then my mom called asking if I wanted to go shopping with her this afternoon and the conversation went a little something like this…

Mom: “So, do you want to go shopping today?”

Me: “I’d love to, but I have no money to shop and that just stinks.”

Mom: “Well, I need to go to Sephora…”

Me: “Ooooooo…well, umm…

Mom: “Plus, we can go into the Christmas Tree Shop and look for fall decorations because I KNOW you’re already waiting to put them up.”

Damn, she’s good.

So now, while I’m out going nuts over the aisles and aisles of fall décor here at the end of August, I’ll leave you all with an old post from the Fashion Friday Archives. Even though it’s from last year, I still consider all of the items I chose to be essentials for this year, too. I guess I’m a creature of habit?

If you’re still in summer mode, please forgive me, because I am not. Feel free to skip right along here. Winking smile

*****

Fashion Friday Archives: Fall Wardrobe Essentials

I love fall for so many reasons: oodles of delicious pumpkin recipes, pumpkin coffee & lattes, candy corn, and pretty decorations. But I also really love fall for the fun wardrobe that comes with it!

Since I’ve already done a few Fashion Friday posts on my favorite summer wardrobe essentials, I figured why not share some of my favorite Fall Wardrobe Essentials! They may not all be the most “fashion forward” but I still love them just the same.

1. UGG Boots

If you read my post a couple weeks ago on my UGG boots, you already know just how deep my love runs for these plush, cozy pillows of sheepskin on my tootsies. I’ll wear them with anything. They are amazing…I don’t care if they’re UGGly. ;)

2. North Face Fleece

Yes, I’m well aware that everyone + their grandma seems to own one of these by now. And yes, I feel a little awkward when swarms of teeny boppers walk past me in the mall all wearing theirs (with their UGG boots on too no less!). But this jacket is so comfy and warm! It’s perfect for weekends, quick errands, or even the days where I’m running late for work and it’s hanging there, just waiting to be thrown on. It’s definitely a keeper in my book.

3. Scarves

Even though I’m a huge fan of scarves all year-round, fall is the perfect time to wear this versatile accessory. Thinner fabric, fashion scarves are great for dressing up a simple top, while bulky outdoor scarves are just plain fun and pretty to wear with your favorite fall jacket.

4. White long-sleeve T’s

I LOVE to layer in the fall, whether it be with cardigan sweaters, scarves, fun necklaces, or even hoodies, so I always make sure to stock up on some extra long-sleeve white t-shirts every season. They’re just so incredibly easy to work into an outfit!

5. Black Blazer

This is a NEW addition to my fall wardrobe this year, but I couldn’t be more excited about it. Dressed down with a nice pair of jeans, some ankle boots, and a couple simple accessories, this is going to make for a great weekend outfit! (<—It’s true, I LOVED wearing my blazer last year, and a lot of you were lovin’ it, too!)

Now it’s YOUR turn!…

Question for the Afternoon:

What are YOUR fall wardrobe essentials?

Comments

Im not in fall mode yet, it’s hot and humid and I’m still in skirts and flip flops. But I’ll play along anyway 😛

I love boots. I have a black pair of Fuggs (hehe, Nine West version of Uggs) that I love, along with black knee high heel boots, and brown riding boots with a slight heel. I love them. Ballet flats too, especially in the fall because you dont quite need socks yet.

I have a crazy love for jackets too. I have three staples that I’ve had for years, but since I don’t wear them that often they last. I have a jean jacket from Old Navy (It’s funky, kinda like a biker jacket with lots of zippers and doodads LOL), a green corduroy jacket, and a brown corduroy jacket.

Pair any of these jackets with a cute button down shirt, skinny jeans, and boots and I’m a happy girl! And if it’s really cool out, definitely a scarf! I have scarves to match all my jackets!
    Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..My Love/Hate Relationship with Marathon Training (Day 23)

Girl, I love Uggs! I will say that I try to wear my Steve Madden boots that are little more stylish as much as possible, but the moment that it drops below 40 degrees outside, my Uggs are my best friends. Nothing beats that sheepskin warmth 😉

My favorite fall accessory is my white trench-length peacoat. It’s a pain to wear because it gets dirty so easily but it’s oh so adorable and goes with absolutely any occasion.
    Diana @ My Little Part recently posted..HLS 1, Diana 0.

My essential for fall is blazers; lots and lots of blazers! I bought two velvet blazers from J.Crew last year and I’m dying to get them out again 😀

As an east coaster currently on the west coast, oh how I miss the Christmas Tree Shops! Don’t, you just looooove a bargain!? Clearly I am losing my mind over it.

my fall wadrobe essentials are my KOOLABURRAS!!!, skinny jeans and cocoon sweaters. I live for these boots. I have never had so many people of all ages stop me when I’m out and about to ask where I got my shoes. I even have guys who never notice any kind of fashion change whatsoever compliment them. There’s been a stack of shoe boxes in the corner of my room from when I cleaned house during their end of season sale last year. I can’t wait to wear them!
    Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

Just to make you feel better about buying fall decorations already… I’m happy to say I started my Christmas shopping today :) I loooooove Christmas shopping and wasn’t planning on starting so early – but I found the best gift for my sister… and so it begins!
    Vanessa N recently posted..Blogcrastinator

My fall essentials are cashmere sweaters, varsity sweatshirts from J.Crew, juicy zip-ups for casual days (the cotton ones – no velour or terrycloth here!!!!) and a steamy pair of mid-calf black boots. I’ve worn my favorite pair from the last two years into the ground and it makes me sad to think about needing to find a replacement pair!
    Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Alive and Well

girl this post makes me smile….but also makes me sad. Makes me sad because we are in our 100th day over 100 with no sign of relief. I want FALL! I want pumpkin, crisp air, leaves crunching. I want to wear my Uggs and my Delta Gamma fleece!! I am like you, I am dying to decorate for fall but I just can’t do it when it is an oven outside. I will live through you until then!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..What keeps me going

My autumnal staples include: riding boots, scarves in every color/print imaginable, leather bomber jacket, trench,and great cardis.
    Fall is my favorite season too. Crisp, clean air, amazing foods/smells, memories….sigh. I’m already there in my mind. Now if only the weather would cooperate. Why do I live in TX again?
    Faith recently posted..Homemade Ice Cream (No Churning Needed)

10. Amy says

Love your hair in the pic with the blazer. Its a great legth and style on you.
    Boots are definitely my winter must have along with layering pieces of course since Florida doesn’t get too cold and for brisk days I love the VS Pink line to go from the gym to errands and still look cute.

Hey
    I love fall too and I always feel guilty at the end of the summer when I should be enjoying the sun but instead am dreaming of my fall wardrobe…my sister thinks I am crazy but fall is the best. Its sweater season, thanksgiving, halloween and my birthday so bring on fall!! lol.
    P.S. I love reading your Blog
    Malika recently posted..2 Quick and Easy Dinners

This will be my 7th fall rocking the UGGs, and my 6th with the North Face. I live in them come fall! I lost my original North Face fleece a couple years ago, and updated last summer to the new one with the hood. The hood makes it even more amazing! Especially since I live in Seattle, where rain can surprise you at any time on any day. :)
    Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..Beeting Around the Bush

Brown tall boots, scarfs, skinny jeans, cardigans.

Today I bought a brown leather bomber jacket from old navy for the fall! It’s so cute I can’t wait to wear it.

Also, Old Navy has a 30% off friends and family coupon out right now on twitter!
    Allison recently posted..did you miss me?

I just did a “what I love about fall” post today too! I really want a pair of Ugg boots – but can’t justify the cost. And I have trouble figuring out how to use scarves right. Apparently I just need fashion help 😉 But I’m ready for sweaters, jeans and tall boots!

Don’t feel bad girl– I love my UGGs too. You just can’t beat how comfortable they are! I also love cardigan sweaters for work and a cute pair of flats. I’m ready for fall fashion! :)
    Amanda recently posted..Avoiding Conflict.

I will give up Uggs when they pry them from my cold dead feet. I don’t care. I do just usually wear them with my jeans over them, so less of a fashion statement. more like wearing your slippers outside. I even wear them at home all the time. So squishy and cozy.

My fall/winter staple: cardigans. I wear a cardigan like 6 days out of 7. I get hot and cold easily. Plus, it is a little like wearing a sweater blankie out.
    Carrie @ Confessions of a Dietitian recently posted..I’m Always Right

17. Julie says

You totally inspired me to wear boots, skinny jeans and a chunky sweater out to dinner tonight! But I live in San Francisco and the weather is almost always fall-like, haha. I am super excited for pumpkin lattes at Starbucks!

Mom’s can be so tricky like that 😉 Mine is obsessed with Christmas Tree Shops too, she could spend hours in there!
    I have an under armour black fleece zip up that I’m obsessed with from last season. I also may need a pair of Ugg boots this season. I’ve been resisting forever but they look so darn comfy!
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..I gave in