The Fashion Friday Archives

by Courtney on August 26, 2011

I totally blame it on the pumpkin coffee.

Because ever since, I have been completely and utterly in “fall” mode. I’m itching to take out my decorations, and even found myself peeking through the closet yesterday afternoon in search of my ugglies.

So my plan for you all this afternoon was to put together a Fashion Friday piece (because it’s been, umm, forever since I did one) about what I’m loving for fall.

Well, then my mom called asking if I wanted to go shopping with her this afternoon and the conversation went a little something like this…

Mom: “So, do you want to go shopping today?”

Me: “I’d love to, but I have no money to shop and that just stinks.”

Mom: “Well, I need to go to Sephora…”

Me: “Ooooooo…well, umm…

Mom: “Plus, we can go into the Christmas Tree Shop and look for fall decorations because I KNOW you’re already waiting to put them up.”

Damn, she’s good.

So now, while I’m out going nuts over the aisles and aisles of fall décor here at the end of August, I’ll leave you all with an old post from the Fashion Friday Archives. Even though it’s from last year, I still consider all of the items I chose to be essentials for this year, too. I guess I’m a creature of habit?

If you’re still in summer mode, please forgive me, because I am not. Feel free to skip right along here. Winking smile

*****

Fashion Friday Archives: Fall Wardrobe Essentials

I love fall for so many reasons: oodles of delicious pumpkin recipes, pumpkin coffee & lattes, candy corn, and pretty decorations. But I also really love fall for the fun wardrobe that comes with it!

Since I’ve already done a few Fashion Friday posts on my favorite summer wardrobe essentials, I figured why not share some of my favorite Fall Wardrobe Essentials! They may not all be the most “fashion forward” but I still love them just the same.

1. UGG Boots

If you read my post a couple weeks ago on my UGG boots, you already know just how deep my love runs for these plush, cozy pillows of sheepskin on my tootsies. I’ll wear them with anything. They are amazing…I don’t care if they’re UGGly. ;)

2. North Face Fleece

Yes, I’m well aware that everyone + their grandma seems to own one of these by now. And yes, I feel a little awkward when swarms of teeny boppers walk past me in the mall all wearing theirs (with their UGG boots on too no less!). But this jacket is so comfy and warm! It’s perfect for weekends, quick errands, or even the days where I’m running late for work and it’s hanging there, just waiting to be thrown on. It’s definitely a keeper in my book.

3. Scarves

Even though I’m a huge fan of scarves all year-round, fall is the perfect time to wear this versatile accessory. Thinner fabric, fashion scarves are great for dressing up a simple top, while bulky outdoor scarves are just plain fun and pretty to wear with your favorite fall jacket.

4. White long-sleeve T’s

I LOVE to layer in the fall, whether it be with cardigan sweaters, scarves, fun necklaces, or even hoodies, so I always make sure to stock up on some extra long-sleeve white t-shirts every season. They’re just so incredibly easy to work into an outfit!

5. Black Blazer

This is a NEW addition to my fall wardrobe this year, but I couldn’t be more excited about it. Dressed down with a nice pair of jeans, some ankle boots, and a couple simple accessories, this is going to make for a great weekend outfit! (<—It’s true, I LOVED wearing my blazer last year, and a lot of you were lovin’ it, too!)

Now it’s YOUR turn!…

Question for the Afternoon:

What are YOUR fall wardrobe essentials?

1 Girl In The Pink August 26, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Boots, boots and more boots! So excited to bust them out this fall :)
Girl In The Pink recently posted..Pizza Party

2 Lindsey August 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Brown knee high boots, sweaters and scarves :)
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday With A Twist

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I’m totally with ya and in full-swing fall mode even though it’s still pretty warm out! Ready for boots (love them), pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING, halloween, the foliage, and perfect weather for running outside! :)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Giveaway Winner + Guest Post

4 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road August 26, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Sweaters & scarves!!! I think I’m going to have to get in on the black blazer, that is too cute!!!
Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road recently posted..Nudey Day

5 Sweet and Savvy August 26, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Scarves are the best ! I’d wear them every day if I could. :)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Apples can taste like Peppers

6 Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer August 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Oh yes, turtleneck sweaters, and my riding boots tucked into skinny jeans (which I hope will still be in style this fall). Scarves, scarves, scarves! Love it all!
Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer recently posted..Angry Tummy and Jello Shots

7 Whitney August 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I’m all about the fringe this fall. My husband makes fun of me! LOL I love scarves and skinny jeans too! :)

8 chloe @ 321delish August 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm

my favorite blanket on my bed!

9 chloe @ 321delish August 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm

does that count as wardrobe?
chloe @ 321delish recently posted..Olive Studded Greek Lasagna

10 Courtney August 26, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Definitely ;)

11 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Im not in fall mode yet, it’s hot and humid and I’m still in skirts and flip flops. But I’ll play along anyway :P

I love boots. I have a black pair of Fuggs (hehe, Nine West version of Uggs) that I love, along with black knee high heel boots, and brown riding boots with a slight heel. I love them. Ballet flats too, especially in the fall because you dont quite need socks yet.

I have a crazy love for jackets too. I have three staples that I’ve had for years, but since I don’t wear them that often they last. I have a jean jacket from Old Navy (It’s funky, kinda like a biker jacket with lots of zippers and doodads LOL), a green corduroy jacket, and a brown corduroy jacket.

Pair any of these jackets with a cute button down shirt, skinny jeans, and boots and I’m a happy girl! And if it’s really cool out, definitely a scarf! I have scarves to match all my jackets!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..My Love/Hate Relationship with Marathon Training (Day 23)

12 Diana @ My Little Part August 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Girl, I love Uggs! I will say that I try to wear my Steve Madden boots that are little more stylish as much as possible, but the moment that it drops below 40 degrees outside, my Uggs are my best friends. Nothing beats that sheepskin warmth ;)

My favorite fall accessory is my white trench-length peacoat. It’s a pain to wear because it gets dirty so easily but it’s oh so adorable and goes with absolutely any occasion.
Diana @ My Little Part recently posted..HLS 1, Diana 0.

13 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 26, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Boots, scarves, and sweaters!
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..“Business After Hours” Cocktail Party

14 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Boots are my absolute favorite winter item ever. I love having them in all different styles: stilleto, to the knees, ankle high, black, brown. Since it’s been a rather colder summer here in California, I’ve been able to wear them more often. Yeah for boots!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Just Another Frantic Friday

15 emily August 26, 2011 at 2:32 pm

My essential for fall is blazers; lots and lots of blazers! I bought two velvet blazers from J.Crew last year and I’m dying to get them out again :D

16 Nicole August 26, 2011 at 2:39 pm

As an east coaster currently on the west coast, oh how I miss the Christmas Tree Shops! Don’t, you just looooove a bargain!? Clearly I am losing my mind over it.

17 Courtney August 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Hahaha, that store can be DANGEROUS!
Is there any equivalent to it on the west coast?

18 Mandee @ Mandeelicious August 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm

my fall wadrobe essentials are my KOOLABURRAS!!!, skinny jeans and cocoon sweaters. I live for these boots. I have never had so many people of all ages stop me when I’m out and about to ask where I got my shoes. I even have guys who never notice any kind of fashion change whatsoever compliment them. There’s been a stack of shoe boxes in the corner of my room from when I cleaned house during their end of season sale last year. I can’t wait to wear them!
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

19 Courtney August 26, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I actually have no idea what koolaburras are?!? LOL

20 Mandee August 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm

They’re like funkified Uggs… That’s the best way I can explain it hahaha!! They have some with studs, some with embroidery, and many with fringe, which are my favorites. Comfy and fun!
Mandee recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

21 kristen August 26, 2011 at 2:50 pm

scarves are a must. They can make any outfit a million times better- and add color!
kristen recently posted..See How You Can Personalize Your Blog with Custom Fonts and CSS

22 Alysha @ She's on the Run August 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I almost have that exact blazer – is it from the Lauren Conrad collection?? My fall staples are blazers, anything tweed, knee-high boots and fall colors (like plum, coffee and orange.
Alysha @ She’s on the Run recently posted..The Best Running Present Ever

23 Courtney August 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Nope! It’s from Express

24 Vanessa N August 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Just to make you feel better about buying fall decorations already… I’m happy to say I started my Christmas shopping today :) I loooooove Christmas shopping and wasn’t planning on starting so early – but I found the best gift for my sister… and so it begins!
Vanessa N recently posted..Blogcrastinator

25 Courtney August 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Good for you! I really need to start early this year.
I actually tell myself this EVERY year….oy!

26 Faith @ For the Health of It August 26, 2011 at 3:04 pm

My fall essentials are cashmere sweaters, varsity sweatshirts from J.Crew, juicy zip-ups for casual days (the cotton ones – no velour or terrycloth here!!!!) and a steamy pair of mid-calf black boots. I’ve worn my favorite pair from the last two years into the ground and it makes me sad to think about needing to find a replacement pair!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Alive and Well

27 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 26, 2011 at 3:14 pm

A WARM coat!!!! or five warm coats, just so I can switch it up—I love north face tooo!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..First day of 3rd Grade!

28 Claire August 26, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Adorable blazer! I need to seriously look into getting one of these!

Thanks for the sweet-tweet by the way! I just HAD to pry myself away from the books to respond :-)

xoxo girl!
Claire recently posted..Creative Writing & Work

29 Ruthie Hart August 26, 2011 at 3:38 pm

girl this post makes me smile….but also makes me sad. Makes me sad because we are in our 100th day over 100 with no sign of relief. I want FALL! I want pumpkin, crisp air, leaves crunching. I want to wear my Uggs and my Delta Gamma fleece!! I am like you, I am dying to decorate for fall but I just can’t do it when it is an oven outside. I will live through you until then!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..What keeps me going

30 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries August 26, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Long sleeve tees, and scarves!! I just bought a blazer at Gap last weekend and I can’t wait to wear it!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Say My Name, Say My Name

31 Khushboo August 26, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love that first pic- really captures the essence of fall! Uggs are my favorite- fugly or not, they keep me warm and that’s all that matters when things start getting chilly!
Khushboo recently posted..Skinny dippin’

32 Lindsay August 26, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I actually saw some leaves already changing when I was driving down the highway the other day (in eastern MA)!

My fall fashion picks are definitely skinny jeans, tall boots, and scarves.
Lindsay recently posted..Breaking the Cycle

33 Faith August 26, 2011 at 4:25 pm

My autumnal staples include: riding boots, scarves in every color/print imaginable, leather bomber jacket, trench,and great cardis.
Fall is my favorite season too. Crisp, clean air, amazing foods/smells, memories….sigh. I’m already there in my mind. Now if only the weather would cooperate. Why do I live in TX again?
Faith recently posted..Homemade Ice Cream (No Churning Needed)

34 Charlie August 26, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I just found UGGs for 100$!!:
Charlie recently posted..Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls with Lemon Frosting

35 Amy August 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Love your hair in the pic with the blazer. Its a great legth and style on you.
Boots are definitely my winter must have along with layering pieces of course since Florida doesn’t get too cold and for brisk days I love the VS Pink line to go from the gym to errands and still look cute.

36 Malika August 26, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Hey
I love fall too and I always feel guilty at the end of the summer when I should be enjoying the sun but instead am dreaming of my fall wardrobe…my sister thinks I am crazy but fall is the best. Its sweater season, thanksgiving, halloween and my birthday so bring on fall!! lol.
P.S. I love reading your Blog
Malika recently posted..2 Quick and Easy Dinners

37 Lindsay Loves Veggies August 26, 2011 at 5:29 pm

This will be my 7th fall rocking the UGGs, and my 6th with the North Face. I live in them come fall! I lost my original North Face fleece a couple years ago, and updated last summer to the new one with the hood. The hood makes it even more amazing! Especially since I live in Seattle, where rain can surprise you at any time on any day. :)
Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..Beeting Around the Bush

38 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas August 26, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Fall wardrobe essential – pea coat!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Fortune Friday Part Une

39 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 26, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Hey girl! Where do you usually find your plain white shirts? Just curious … I’d love to find some that are good quality but not too expensive!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Top 10 Most Annoying Things About My Commute.

40 Allison August 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Brown tall boots, scarfs, skinny jeans, cardigans.

Today I bought a brown leather bomber jacket from old navy for the fall! It’s so cute I can’t wait to wear it.

Also, Old Navy has a 30% off friends and family coupon out right now on twitter!
Allison recently posted..did you miss me?

41 Lindsay August 26, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I was at Christmas Tree Shops today too! It smells like fall as soon as the doors open!!

42 Megan August 26, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I just did a “what I love about fall” post today too! I really want a pair of Ugg boots – but can’t justify the cost. And I have trouble figuring out how to use scarves right. Apparently I just need fashion help ;) But I’m ready for sweaters, jeans and tall boots!

43 Ryan @ Aloha Appetite August 26, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I definitely miss the ability to wear scarves. I have to have a “summer wardrobe” year round. :)

44 Maria@La_Piattini August 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I did a post just like this the other day! My fashion essential this season is a trench coat- great transition piece to the colder weather.
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Maple Walnut Scones

45 Amanda August 26, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Don’t feel bad girl– I love my UGGs too. You just can’t beat how comfortable they are! I also love cardigan sweaters for work and a cute pair of flats. I’m ready for fall fashion! :)
Amanda recently posted..Avoiding Conflict.

46 Carrie @ Confessions of a Dietitian August 26, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I will give up Uggs when they pry them from my cold dead feet. I don’t care. I do just usually wear them with my jeans over them, so less of a fashion statement. more like wearing your slippers outside. I even wear them at home all the time. So squishy and cozy.

My fall/winter staple: cardigans. I wear a cardigan like 6 days out of 7. I get hot and cold easily. Plus, it is a little like wearing a sweater blankie out.
Carrie @ Confessions of a Dietitian recently posted..I’m Always Right

47 Brittany August 27, 2011 at 12:38 am

I’m so over this heat– i’m ready for fall :) I’m SO ready for football, beer, cooler weather, and LOTS of scarves! YAY!
Brittany recently posted..Life

48 Julie August 27, 2011 at 1:17 am

You totally inspired me to wear boots, skinny jeans and a chunky sweater out to dinner tonight! But I live in San Francisco and the weather is almost always fall-like, haha. I am super excited for pumpkin lattes at Starbucks!

49 Heather August 27, 2011 at 2:30 am

I can’t wait for fall clothes… although fall here lasts for about 5 seconds before a million months of winter sets in but I do miss my black blazers too!
Heather recently posted..The Metabolic Mystery (Math to the Rescue?)

50 Amira @hungrydancers August 27, 2011 at 2:53 am

I must say uggs are going to be a must! along with layering with scarfs, cardigans and blazers. And cute jeans and flats of course! I only wish i had a northface fleece to keep me warm!

51 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 27, 2011 at 9:41 am

I have no shame- I’ve had my North Face since 8th grade and I still love the thing. It’s the perfect fall jacket and I never worry about messing it up like I do with a nice, hard-to-clean coat!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Grocery Stash

52 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 27, 2011 at 10:14 am

Mom’s can be so tricky like that ;) Mine is obsessed with Christmas Tree Shops too, she could spend hours in there!
I have an under armour black fleece zip up that I’m obsessed with from last season. I also may need a pair of Ugg boots this season. I’ve been resisting forever but they look so darn comfy!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..I gave in

53 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries August 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Boots boots boots! Love them :)

54 Carissa August 28, 2011 at 11:25 am

When are you allowing yourself to put up fall decorations? Not Halloween just autumn…I’m thinking after labor day?
Carissa recently posted..Salsa City

55 Courtney August 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I’m thinking September 1st :)

56 Emily @ Relishments August 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I love sweaters. I’ve already bought 2 new ones for the fall.

You always look so cute. We should really go shopping together sometime.
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights: Irene

57 Courtney August 28, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Definitely!! :)

58 Katie @ Plates and Paste August 28, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Leggings! You can wear them with long tops, under dresses, with heels, with boots…very versatile!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..KitchenBar

59 mhae September 5, 2011 at 1:11 am

Dont order any ugg boots in this website http://www.uggols.com they are scammers.They will just get money from account and wont deliver anything..They are chinese website scammers

60 formal Maternity wear August 23, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out.

Please let me know where you got your design.
formal Maternity wear recently posted..formal Maternity wear