Full of Tangents, Take 5

Ohhhhh man am I excited.

Partially because you guys get to have your fifth installment of ‘Full of Tangents’ tonight. But there’s so many other reasons than that!

So now, let’s see why…

-I’m heading to mom and dad’s house for dinner tonight. I mean, I’m always excited to see mom and dad anyways…

IMG_5052 (640x466)

…but mom is making Italian tonight. More specifically, her Christmas day specialty.

Plus, there’s rumors that garlic bread will be making an appearance. I.can.not.wait.

-Because of said dinner this evening, my mom asked me if I’d take care of making some dessert.

Abso-freakin-LUTELY I will!

You know, it’s really amazing what a little flavored extract can do for a regular ‘ol box of brownies. I whipped up a box of low-fat brownies just as the package told me to, added 2 teaspoons of raspberry extract, made them as “mini muffin brownies,” and added a finishing touch of a Hershey’s raspberry hug.

Mmmmhmmm.

Some of them also got the flower cup treatment (thank you, dear Tina!)

And some of them didn’t quite make the cut at all…

It’s a good thing they still taste just as yummy. Winking smile

-Jay has currently got me attempting to learn the choreography for Party Rock Anthem.

source

We both watched the video over and over last night before going to bed and I even attempted some moves. I may have danced for 18 years of my life, but I’m finding these moves a little tricky!

Oh, why are we trying to learn the moves you’re wondering? That’s because we want to be able to bust a move and make fools of ourselves while we’re at a wedding this weekend. We’re usually pretty good at that…

IMG_2121IMG_2119

Yes. Yes we are.

-As for my final tangent of the evening…today marked a day of big changes for me.

I took a huge step towards making some big changes in my life. It’s something that I’ve been thinking about for a while now, and I am seriously beyond excited about it. I can’t wait to tell you all more!

IMG_6558 (640x480)

And I promise, I will.

But right now, I’ve got some an awesome Italian dinner waiting for me. Smile

Question for the Evening:

As usual for a tangents post…what tangents do you have to tell today?

Comments

We must have been on the same page! My post is “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all” http://www.navigatingnorth.com/2011/08/if-you-have-nothing-nice-to-say.html
    Literally went up at the same time yours did! My tangent? Oh yes…construction, GPS rerouting, canker sores, pimples, shin splints, more than an eye-opening/rough staffing, almost knocking over an entire shelf of 200$ bottles of wine in an attempt to get something on my way home to CALM me down.

I can’t wait to hear your storyyy :-)

Mmm! Sounds like you’re going to have one delicious night! I cannot wait for your big announcement! :)

My random tangents for today?
    I am eating egg whites with cheese and salsa with a side of cinnamon sweet potato chips for dinner right now and I’m enjoying it wayyyyyy too much.

Oh my goodness – I JUST told my husband last night that we needed to learn the Party Rock choreography!!! I’m determined to do it too :)

At first glance, I thought those were the candy cane Hershey kisses and two thoughts ran through my mind: OMG, WHERE DID COURTNEY FIND THOSE IN AUGUST?! and Maybe she has had them since last year? Sad to see that they aren’t available quite yet, but glad to know that you haven’t had them since last year! :)

OMG so excited to hear your news! I have an image of you breaking it down to party rockers and it’s making me crack up!

My tangent: I have a day off today yet am up even earlier than on a work day…that too after 5 hrs of sleep! Gah I think the excitement of OOIAJ in my fridge is too much to handle!
    Khushboo recently posted..Potayto/Potato, Runner/Jogger

6. Heather B says

I’m excited for you and I’m excited that “I already knooooow”!!! :) :) I have a wedding the next two weekends and I’m SO excited to bust out the party rock dance! Is it weird that I practice at home when it’s just me and my baby?!?!

That Italian meal just sounds so delicious! I love lasagna!

The only tangent I have today is how irritating it is to pay building fees, tuition, etc. in order to get an assignment and told to go home and work on the online modules. Sometimes I get tired of teaching myself! I enjoy sitting in class! lol.

Oh tangents are fun (and I can’t wait to hear your news, suspense is killer!).

Tangents for me are; why did I stub my toe so hard after my run (it’s still throbbing), I wish everyone would stop complaining they have no power (at least they still have houses, unlike a lot of other poor people in Vermont), my dog is a complete nut job (currently destroying a tennis ball), I can’t wait to bake this weekend and decorate for Polo, oh Im going to my first polo game (match?) this weekend, I can’t wait for a long weekend, I can’t wait for my next marathon, another long weekend…

Holy I didnt realize I had that many… HAHAHA!
    Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..A HUGE Month (Day 17)

Those raspberry brownies look amazing! And how cute. I love my mom’s cooking as well; since I just moved out to pursue a job post-college, I think going back home will make me appreciate it even MORE. I can’t wait!

And looking forward to reading about these new exciting changes!

I have never had raspberry extract before! Your post got me thinking about all the combos you could do with that same idea. Mint extract with mint kisses… almond extract with the almond filled kisses. And for fall… mini pumpkin brownies with pumpkin kisses. Not sure if they still make them but I remember having them a couple of years ago!
    Lindsay@bikingbeforebed recently posted..Sweeeeet shrimp

That’s such a tease! I can’t wait to hear what it is!!

Those mini-muffin brownies are beyond adorable. The extract idea is such a good little trick. I always wonder, “What can I do with extract?” And now I know another way to spice up my brownies :-).

My tangent? My parents are coming in town tomorrow and I’m turning it into “bring your parents to work day.” Can’t wait for them to meet the crew 😉
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Getting High on Stress

12. Darcy says

HEy! YOu can’t leave us hanging like that!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to admit, that I don’t read too many of your blogs, just too busy, but I wound up reading this one…..and I see there’s a REASON that fate made me read it………..I want to know what kind of changes you’re making!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is it? When will you reveal? :-) I wanna know!
    I hope all is well…………

Can’t wait to hear your news!! And a tangent for me?? Well, mine would probably be about the guy in front of me in my class who takes out a three course lunch halfway through the class. It’s not the food that really bothers me, it’s the way he eats it. He literally ATTACKS the sandwich with his mouth. Which is both distracting and disturbing. Therefore, I would really like it if he could wait until after class to eat like everyone else. The end :)
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

I’m obsessed with Party Rock. When i was in Europe they played in nonstop, and although we didn’t learn the dance on the music video, we made up our own dance :) Can’t wait to hear your exciting news about the changes coming up in your life!!! :)

15. kayleigh says

There’s actually a tutorial on youtube for the dance, and it helps a lot. Because I totally just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out after reading this. Not sure if you’ve seen it but here’s the link if you want it:
    Hope this helps! And I can’t wait to hear your news!!!

ooo I am so excited about the big news. I am guessing/hoping it involves a new job opportunity. But then again, it might be a new haircut? I will be anxiously awaiting the news!

• says

I absolutely LOVE BodyPump! It’s my favorite way to incorporate weights and strength training and it definitely keeps things fun. I would definitely recommend trying it, but if you do, give it 3 classes before you decide. The first couple times can be challenging because you’re learning the routine and the moves.
      Good luck!

I LOVE that you were attempting to learn Party Rock choreography….I danced for 13 years and after a late night out, I was up with some friends, guys, mind you, who decided they wanted to learn it and put the video on….sooo I said let’s do this!!! And attempted to learn/teach them for about 2.5 hours until we were so sweaty and gave up. It IS tricky, I rewound it SO many times!!! But we do have some hilarious pics…definitely going to post some on a summer recap post in the near future, too funny. We still break out bits and pieces of it when it comes on at the bars!
    Sam recently posted..Go Wildcats!!!

Trackbacks