Full of Tangents, Take 5

by Courtney on August 31, 2011

Ohhhhh man am I excited.

Partially because you guys get to have your fifth installment of ‘Full of Tangents’ tonight. But there’s so many other reasons than that!

So now, let’s see why…

-I’m heading to mom and dad’s house for dinner tonight. I mean, I’m always excited to see mom and dad anyways…

IMG_5052 (640x466)

…but mom is making Italian tonight. More specifically, her Christmas day specialty.

Plus, there’s rumors that garlic bread will be making an appearance. I.can.not.wait.

-Because of said dinner this evening, my mom asked me if I’d take care of making some dessert.

Abso-freakin-LUTELY I will!

You know, it’s really amazing what a little flavored extract can do for a regular ‘ol box of brownies. I whipped up a box of low-fat brownies just as the package told me to, added 2 teaspoons of raspberry extract, made them as “mini muffin brownies,” and added a finishing touch of a Hershey’s raspberry hug.

Mmmmhmmm.

Some of them also got the flower cup treatment (thank you, dear Tina!)

And some of them didn’t quite make the cut at all…

It’s a good thing they still taste just as yummy. Winking smile

-Jay has currently got me attempting to learn the choreography for Party Rock Anthem.

source

We both watched the video over and over last night before going to bed and I even attempted some moves. I may have danced for 18 years of my life, but I’m finding these moves a little tricky!

Oh, why are we trying to learn the moves you’re wondering? That’s because we want to be able to bust a move and make fools of ourselves while we’re at a wedding this weekend. We’re usually pretty good at that…

IMG_2121IMG_2119

Yes. Yes we are.

-As for my final tangent of the evening…today marked a day of big changes for me.

I took a huge step towards making some big changes in my life. It’s something that I’ve been thinking about for a while now, and I am seriously beyond excited about it. I can’t wait to tell you all more!

IMG_6558 (640x480)

And I promise, I will.

But right now, I’ve got some an awesome Italian dinner waiting for me. Smile

Question for the Evening:

As usual for a tangents post…what tangents do you have to tell today?

1 Claire August 31, 2011 at 7:07 pm

We must have been on the same page! My post is “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all” http://www.navigatingnorth.com/2011/08/if-you-have-nothing-nice-to-say.html
Literally went up at the same time yours did! My tangent? Oh yes…construction, GPS rerouting, canker sores, pimples, shin splints, more than an eye-opening/rough staffing, almost knocking over an entire shelf of 200$ bottles of wine in an attempt to get something on my way home to CALM me down.

I can’t wait to hear your storyyy :-)

2 Shayla @ The Good Life August 31, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Oooo I’m so excited to hear about your big news!!! :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Soaking Up The End of Summer

3 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy August 31, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Mmm! Sounds like you’re going to have one delicious night! I cannot wait for your big announcement! :)

My random tangents for today?
I am eating egg whites with cheese and salsa with a side of cinnamon sweet potato chips for dinner right now and I’m enjoying it wayyyyyy too much.

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 31, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Oh goodness, you’re leaving us with so much suspense! Can’t wait to hear about your changes!

And your little raspberry brownies are so cute! I’m sure they’re very yummy too!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Eating Healthy On A Budget

5 Rick August 31, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I hope your news is a new job and not that you are cutting your hair

6 Courtney August 31, 2011 at 10:14 pm

HAHAHA, you’re funny Rick :)

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Have fun at supper! :) That will be awesome! …..You teaser you!!!! Can’t wait!

8 Megan August 31, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Oh my goodness – I JUST told my husband last night that we needed to learn the Party Rock choreography!!! I’m determined to do it too :)

9 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer August 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I love that brownie idea!

10 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 31, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Haha I’ve been trying to learn the dance for the Party Rock Anthem forever now! The shuffle, The Superman, and the Woo-tang are all dance moves that I do NOT have in my repertoire ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cat meat, anyone?

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 31, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Can’t wait to hear the news!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A New Best Friend

12 Clare @ Fitting It All In August 31, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Love that spark of “I’m up to something!” I’ve been feeling that way a bit too lately about some plans for the future…but it’s masked by the “but I still hate my day job” feeling…

13 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 31, 2011 at 9:04 pm

At first glance, I thought those were the candy cane Hershey kisses and two thoughts ran through my mind: OMG, WHERE DID COURTNEY FIND THOSE IN AUGUST?! and Maybe she has had them since last year? Sad to see that they aren’t available quite yet, but glad to know that you haven’t had them since last year! :)

14 Courtney August 31, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Hahaha, well they weren’t candy cane kisses, but I have been known to hold onto chocolate for a year+. ;)

15 Khushboo August 31, 2011 at 9:10 pm

OMG so excited to hear your news! I have an image of you breaking it down to party rockers and it’s making me crack up!

My tangent: I have a day off today yet am up even earlier than on a work day…that too after 5 hrs of sleep! Gah I think the excitement of OOIAJ in my fridge is too much to handle!
Khushboo recently posted..Potayto/Potato, Runner/Jogger

16 Courtney August 31, 2011 at 10:16 pm

It was a pretty funny sight, I’m not gonna lie…

17 Lauren August 31, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I hope your good news has something to do with your baking…!! You are seriously my baking IDOL.

18 Heather B August 31, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I’m excited for you and I’m excited that “I already knooooow”!!! :) :) I have a wedding the next two weekends and I’m SO excited to bust out the party rock dance! Is it weird that I practice at home when it’s just me and my baby?!?!

19 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 31, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Those mini brownies look fantastic! Lucky dinner guests at your parents ;)

Oh! oh! I think I know! Also – just emailed you:)

20 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 31, 2011 at 9:43 pm

That Italian meal just sounds so delicious! I love lasagna!

The only tangent I have today is how irritating it is to pay building fees, tuition, etc. in order to get an assignment and told to go home and work on the online modules. Sometimes I get tired of teaching myself! I enjoy sitting in class! lol.

21 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 31, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Oh tangents are fun (and I can’t wait to hear your news, suspense is killer!).

Tangents for me are; why did I stub my toe so hard after my run (it’s still throbbing), I wish everyone would stop complaining they have no power (at least they still have houses, unlike a lot of other poor people in Vermont), my dog is a complete nut job (currently destroying a tennis ball), I can’t wait to bake this weekend and decorate for Polo, oh Im going to my first polo game (match?) this weekend, I can’t wait for a long weekend, I can’t wait for my next marathon, another long weekend…

Holy I didnt realize I had that many… HAHAHA!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..A HUGE Month (Day 17)

22 Courtney August 31, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Love your tangents, Samantha! :)

23 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 31, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Those raspberry brownies look amazing! And how cute. I love my mom’s cooking as well; since I just moved out to pursue a job post-college, I think going back home will make me appreciate it even MORE. I can’t wait!

And looking forward to reading about these new exciting changes!

24 Liz @ Something To Chew Om August 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Way to leave us hanging!!

Those cookies look awesome, enjoy dinner with your parents!
Liz @ Something To Chew Om recently posted..What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday

25 Lindsay@bikingbeforebed August 31, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I have never had raspberry extract before! Your post got me thinking about all the combos you could do with that same idea. Mint extract with mint kisses… almond extract with the almond filled kisses. And for fall… mini pumpkin brownies with pumpkin kisses. Not sure if they still make them but I remember having them a couple of years ago!
Lindsay@bikingbeforebed recently posted..Sweeeeet shrimp

26 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" August 31, 2011 at 10:43 pm

That’s such a tease! I can’t wait to hear what it is!!

Those mini-muffin brownies are beyond adorable. The extract idea is such a good little trick. I always wonder, “What can I do with extract?” And now I know another way to spice up my brownies :-).

My tangent? My parents are coming in town tomorrow and I’m turning it into “bring your parents to work day.” Can’t wait for them to meet the crew ;-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Getting High on Stress

27 Candice August 31, 2011 at 10:46 pm

way to leave us hangin court. seriously.
Tangents, my vanilla protein showed up today on my doorstep.. when I just wanted chocolate. bummer.
Candice recently posted..Race Weight

28 Darcy August 31, 2011 at 10:58 pm

HEy! YOu can’t leave us hanging like that!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to admit, that I don’t read too many of your blogs, just too busy, but I wound up reading this one…..and I see there’s a REASON that fate made me read it………..I want to know what kind of changes you’re making!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is it? When will you reveal? :-) I wanna know!
I hope all is well…………

29 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 31, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Can’t wait to hear your news!! And a tangent for me?? Well, mine would probably be about the guy in front of me in my class who takes out a three course lunch halfway through the class. It’s not the food that really bothers me, it’s the way he eats it. He literally ATTACKS the sandwich with his mouth. Which is both distracting and disturbing. Therefore, I would really like it if he could wait until after class to eat like everyone else. The end :)
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

30 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 31, 2011 at 11:31 pm

My boyfriend loves Party Rock Anthem too, haha. I also danced for 18 years, but my freestyle is not the greatest. If I could get away with doing choreographed dances at weddings and parties (without looking ridiculous), I would be way better off :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Whole Foods Tuesday

31 Heather September 1, 2011 at 9:09 am

i am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you :)
Heather recently posted..Dreams Come True

32 sara @ the foodie diaries September 1, 2011 at 9:34 am

I’m obsessed with Party Rock. When i was in Europe they played in nonstop, and although we didn’t learn the dance on the music video, we made up our own dance :) Can’t wait to hear your exciting news about the changes coming up in your life!!! :)

33 Holly September 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

So I’m dying in anticipation!! When do we get to hear the big news??
I’m so excited :)
& that is HILARIOUS about the Party Rock Anthem- hahaha!! You guys totally have to bust some moves at the wedding :D
Holly recently posted..Crohn’s Mini Series- Part II

34 kayleigh September 1, 2011 at 9:57 am

There’s actually a tutorial on youtube for the dance, and it helps a lot. Because I totally just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out after reading this. Not sure if you’ve seen it but here’s the link if you want it:
Hope this helps! And I can’t wait to hear your news!!!

35 Courtney September 1, 2011 at 10:27 am

Haha, yes! We’ve been watching one too…not that same one, but it definitely helps :)

36 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! September 1, 2011 at 10:27 am

Hahaha thats funny because the Party Rock Anthem makes me want to dance everytime (I think if it doesnt make you want to dance your crazy! kidding) but yeah it looks a little tricky to learn their moves!!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Mmm Oatmeal

37 allison September 1, 2011 at 10:58 am

ooo I am so excited about the big news. I am guessing/hoping it involves a new job opportunity. But then again, it might be a new haircut? I will be anxiously awaiting the news!

38 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 1, 2011 at 11:23 am

Do tell! I hate suspense haha :)
Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) recently posted..Pinch, Punch!

39 Ruthie Hart September 1, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I am dying to know your news!!!! Cant wait for you to share!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..My Bachelorette Party!

40 Jessica @ Bake a Little September 1, 2011 at 1:34 pm

These Raspberry brownie bites look heavenly! I cannot wait to try and make them. I love the idea of adding the Raspberry Hersey and a smidge of raspberry extract. So creative.
Jessica @ Bake a Little recently posted..Trip to Jerz to Meet Ellie!

41 Lindsay @ cupcakes to carrots September 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm

How do you like Body Pump? They offer the class at my work’s fitness center and I have been thinking of taking it along with my Zumba class.
Lindsay @ cupcakes to carrots recently posted..Why me Lord? WHY ME!!!!!!!!

42 Courtney September 1, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I absolutely LOVE BodyPump! It’s my favorite way to incorporate weights and strength training and it definitely keeps things fun. I would definitely recommend trying it, but if you do, give it 3 classes before you decide. The first couple times can be challenging because you’re learning the routine and the moves.
Good luck!

43 Sam September 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I LOVE that you were attempting to learn Party Rock choreography….I danced for 13 years and after a late night out, I was up with some friends, guys, mind you, who decided they wanted to learn it and put the video on….sooo I said let’s do this!!! And attempted to learn/teach them for about 2.5 hours until we were so sweaty and gave up. It IS tricky, I rewound it SO many times!!! But we do have some hilarious pics…definitely going to post some on a summer recap post in the near future, too funny. We still break out bits and pieces of it when it comes on at the bars!
Sam recently posted..Go Wildcats!!!

44 Laura @ Unchartered20s September 2, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Those brownies look sooo good! I bet you can swap out the raspberry stuff out with peppermint stuff for christmasty ones! ( i originally thought these were peppermint! :))