Accomplishments

Good news, friends. I’m starting to feel a little bit more like myself!

I’m thinking that the combination of sleep last night + taking it easy today + lots of fluids has been helping.

Emergen-C + green tea were my beverages of choice for most of the afternoon. I was quite happy (and surprised) to come across this lemon green tea bag which was actually from Kate’s bridal shower…last April. Goes to show you how often I drink tea.

The rest of the afternoon consisted of some pretty awesome accomplishments on my part…

Accomplishment #1: By making a quick phone call to our cable and internet provider, I was able to knock $30/month off of our bill for the next two years AND negotiated getting the Showtime channel FREE for a year.

Want to know my secret?…………I told them I’d bake them all cupcakes.

Okay okay, I’m kidding. But I did threaten (in a very nice way), to leave and switch to another provider if they couldn’t help me out. Usually, there’s almost always something that someone can do to help you out with this kind of stuff…all it takes is a phone call!

I think this definitely calls for another “Budget Savvy Wife” shout out for me! Woop!

Accomplishment #2: I spent a good amount of time this afternoon doing some studying; and better yet, I even had a study buddy to keep me company.

He wasn’t all that helpful, really, but he did do a good job of keeping my left leg super warm for about a half hour.

I’ll tell ya, even though I’m only in the beginning stages of studying to become a certified personal trainer, I already know that I’m just going to love it. I want so badly to be able to just zip right through all of the chapters, take the exam, and start my new journey. But, as they say, “patience is a virtue”…I suppose. Winking smile

Accomplishment #3: I was able to have dinner ready and on the table in less than five minutes. Haaaaave I mentioned how much I enjoy leftovers?

Oh that’s right, I did…at lunch today.

With dinner, Jay and I also shared a bag of pop chips which are not only delicious on their own…

but also proved to be pretty good BBQ Pulled Chicken scoopers, too.

Since we ate and finished dinner all before 6:00pm this evening (hello, granny pants) I’m sure that an evening snack will be in order. Would anyone like to come and bring me a big ‘ol piece of chocolate cake or something? You know…to help make me feel better. Winking smile

Questions for the Evening:

Fill in the blanks:

My biggest accomplishment for today was ________________ and I feel _________________.

Comments

My biggest accomplishment today was getting my blog fixed (I was having some “technical difficulties” and I feel full from my birthday DQ Blizzard.

I realize that these two things have nothing in common, but I’m OK with that! 😉

Glad you’re starting to feel better!!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Happy Birthday to me!

My biggest accomplishment for today was that time that I channeled Brooke Taylor Windham (a la Legally Blonde) to get outta my bad mood by workin’ out and I feel full of endorphins (read: happy, and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands… or strangers.)

Nice job on the study (and the furry study buddy). You got this on LOCK!
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Shredding for the Wedding

My biggest accomplishment today was checking off numerous items on my to-do list for work. I’m currently planning THREE events that are happening with 6 weeks of each other…things are just crazy!

Glad you’re starting to feel better! :)
    Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Just One

Congrats on studying to be a personal trainer! My sister is one and she absolutely loves it! I am pretty sure you are right, that you will to! My biggest accomplishment today was spending some time with my husband (something that isn’t too often these days) and I feel happy :-)
    Melissa recently posted..Life Afterwards

Not gonna lie, I totally thought you said “granny panties” instead of “granny pants” haha…totally caught me off guard and I was confused. My biggest accomplishment for today was figuring out how to create a cool-looking chart for my class on excel and I feel happy that I didn’t have to hand-write all of that information.
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Walk it Out

6. Sarah says

My biggest accomplishment today was accomplishing nothing at all…and i feel like a dummy. Hey, a girl can’t have it all :) Sometimes a day of nothin’ is exactly what the doc called for. I never go to the doctor by the way.

Really glad you’re feeling better. I always get a cold around the start of fall so I’m watchin out for one myself.

My biggest accomplishment today was conducting my first interview at work (I am a psychology/public health research assistant) and I feel excited that I’m liking this new job!
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Elliptical vs. Treadmill

My biggest accomplishment today was doing laundry (I did other things like go to class but I’m much more proud of the laundry part) and I feel wonderful about it because I have clean sheets:)

My biggest accomplishment for today was going to the hotel gym when all I wanted to do was nap (time zone changes kill me!) and I feel awesome for doing so!
    PS-if you want to get really sassy with the cable company. Drop them and I promise within 1 week they’ll be calling you with even better promotions. I seriously get almost weekly calls and even someone that showed up AT MY DOOR after we dropped our cable. Insane.
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A progressive decline