Accomplishments

by Courtney on September 7, 2011

Good news, friends. I’m starting to feel a little bit more like myself!

I’m thinking that the combination of sleep last night + taking it easy today + lots of fluids has been helping.

Emergen-C + green tea were my beverages of choice for most of the afternoon. I was quite happy (and surprised) to come across this lemon green tea bag which was actually from Kate’s bridal shower…last April. Goes to show you how often I drink tea.

The rest of the afternoon consisted of some pretty awesome accomplishments on my part…

Accomplishment #1: By making a quick phone call to our cable and internet provider, I was able to knock $30/month off of our bill for the next two years AND negotiated getting the Showtime channel FREE for a year.

Want to know my secret?…………I told them I’d bake them all cupcakes.

Okay okay, I’m kidding. But I did threaten (in a very nice way), to leave and switch to another provider if they couldn’t help me out. Usually, there’s almost always something that someone can do to help you out with this kind of stuff…all it takes is a phone call!

I think this definitely calls for another “Budget Savvy Wife” shout out for me! Woop!

Accomplishment #2: I spent a good amount of time this afternoon doing some studying; and better yet, I even had a study buddy to keep me company.

He wasn’t all that helpful, really, but he did do a good job of keeping my left leg super warm for about a half hour.

I’ll tell ya, even though I’m only in the beginning stages of studying to become a certified personal trainer, I already know that I’m just going to love it. I want so badly to be able to just zip right through all of the chapters, take the exam, and start my new journey. But, as they say, “patience is a virtue”…I suppose. Winking smile

Accomplishment #3: I was able to have dinner ready and on the table in less than five minutes. Haaaaave I mentioned how much I enjoy leftovers?

Oh that’s right, I did…at lunch today.

With dinner, Jay and I also shared a bag of pop chips which are not only delicious on their own…

but also proved to be pretty good BBQ Pulled Chicken scoopers, too.

Since we ate and finished dinner all before 6:00pm this evening (hello, granny pants) I’m sure that an evening snack will be in order. Would anyone like to come and bring me a big ‘ol piece of chocolate cake or something? You know…to help make me feel better. Winking smile

Questions for the Evening:

Fill in the blanks:

My biggest accomplishment for today was ________________ and I feel _________________.

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was getting my blog fixed (I was having some “technical difficulties” and I feel full from my birthday DQ Blizzard.

I realize that these two things have nothing in common, but I’m OK with that! ;)

Glad you’re starting to feel better!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Happy Birthday to me!

2 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm

My biggest accomplishment for today was that time that I channeled Brooke Taylor Windham (a la Legally Blonde) to get outta my bad mood by workin’ out and I feel full of endorphins (read: happy, and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands… or strangers.)

Nice job on the study (and the furry study buddy). You got this on LOCK!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Shredding for the Wedding

3 Sweet and Savvy September 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Congrats! That is really awesome about getting such a good deal. I love haggling people to get great deals ! ;)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..WIAW and my Salad Search

4 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm

My biggest accomplishment for the day was calling our trash company and kindly notified them of their shotty services. I think I saved us a couple bucks off the next bill and I feel RICH :) Being a budget savvy wife is definitely a good thing!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Big News [Am I Crazy?!]

5 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 7, 2011 at 7:51 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was doing a yoga podcast at home and I feel noodly.

Yes, I said noodly.
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cereal For Dinner

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

My biggest accomplishment of the evening was running 5 miles after school! Go me!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the teaching gene

7 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles September 7, 2011 at 7:55 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was checking off numerous items on my to-do list for work. I’m currently planning THREE events that are happening with 6 weeks of each other…things are just crazy!

Glad you’re starting to feel better! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Just One

8 Erin @ The Grass Skirt September 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was running a billion errands and decorating the house the fall, and I feel ready for bed! :) Glad you’re feeling better!
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Tapas (Take Two)

9 Melissa September 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Congrats on studying to be a personal trainer! My sister is one and she absolutely loves it! I am pretty sure you are right, that you will to! My biggest accomplishment today was spending some time with my husband (something that isn’t too often these days) and I feel happy :-)
Melissa recently posted..Life Afterwards

10 Maria@La_Piattini September 7, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Yummm I <3 pop chips.
My biggest accomplishment today was increasing my weight 10 pounds on leg exercises! I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow!

11 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Seems like you are doing better and had a good day! My accomplishment was having a good meeting with my internship sponsor:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Things I Left at Home

12 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Not gonna lie, I totally thought you said “granny panties” instead of “granny pants” haha…totally caught me off guard and I was confused. My biggest accomplishment for today was figuring out how to create a cool-looking chart for my class on excel and I feel happy that I didn’t have to hand-write all of that information.
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Walk it Out

13 Lauren September 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm

So glad you are feeling better girl!

14 Sarah September 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was accomplishing nothing at all…and i feel like a dummy. Hey, a girl can’t have it all :) Sometimes a day of nothin’ is exactly what the doc called for. I never go to the doctor by the way.

15 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Really glad you’re feeling better. I always get a cold around the start of fall so I’m watchin out for one myself.

My biggest accomplishment today was conducting my first interview at work (I am a psychology/public health research assistant) and I feel excited that I’m liking this new job!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Elliptical vs. Treadmill

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was blogging on a topic that I know is going to open a whole new can of worms for me….. AND being happy while I was at work even though I was super tired! :)
Glad you are feeling better!!!! YAY!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Sunset love… and…. BOLD BLOGGING!

17 RunEatRepeat September 7, 2011 at 9:11 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was running 8 miles and I feel tired :)
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Cupcakes For Eating not for Waiting

18 Courtney September 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I’ll bet you do! Props for the 8 miles, lady! I sat on my bum most of the day ;)

19 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real September 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was getting through a strength training workout for shoulders and legs now I feel some soreness coming on. I also baked some pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread and I managed to only eat two for dessert.
Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real recently posted..I Woke Up and It Was Fall

20 Hannah September 7, 2011 at 10:09 pm

my biggest accomplishment today was joining a running team for training, meeting up with them and running hills. i feel awesome and like i could run more! which is good after some days off!
Hannah recently posted..Team Philly Race Team

21 Grace September 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was doing laundry (I did other things like go to class but I’m much more proud of the laundry part) and I feel wonderful about it because I have clean sheets:)

22 Alba&Dilek @TwoBaklavaStory September 7, 2011 at 10:12 pm

My biggest accomplishment of the day was to run at 7:00 AM! I had never done that before and I felt amazing while doing it and still feel so proud of myself.
p.s. pop chips are the best!
Alba&Dilek @TwoBaklavaStory recently posted..Dilek the Owl.

23 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm

My biggest accomplishment for today was going to the hotel gym when all I wanted to do was nap (time zone changes kill me!) and I feel awesome for doing so!
PS-if you want to get really sassy with the cable company. Drop them and I promise within 1 week they’ll be calling you with even better promotions. I seriously get almost weekly calls and even someone that showed up AT MY DOOR after we dropped our cable. Insane.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A progressive decline

24 Kait September 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm

My biggest accomplishment for today was that I went to the Social Security Office and changed my last name and I now I feel married!
Kait recently posted..7 days into September Already?!

25 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 7, 2011 at 11:07 pm

My biggest accomplishment was writing that dang scary blog money and page view discussion post and I feel good knowing I followed my gut to talk about it. :)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..A Review Of Two Cup Sizes

26 Khushboo September 8, 2011 at 1:19 am

Still early in the day for me but my biggest accomplishment is running 5 miles before breakfast and I feel on cloud nine…and kinda sleeping :D
Khushboo recently posted..5 things

27 Hope September 8, 2011 at 9:01 am

Congrats on the good deal! I try to lower our cable/internet/phone bill and they will never budge for me! I need to try again. :)

I’m glad you are feeling better! Dinner looks mighty tasty!
Hope recently posted..A Frizzy & Curly Mess At The Phillies Game!…

28 Jessica @ Bake a Little September 8, 2011 at 10:12 am

Getting my butt to the gym even though I almost turned around up till the very moment I was at the gym door!
Jessica @ Bake a Little recently posted..My Family Picks Things

29 nicole @ simply Nicole September 8, 2011 at 12:02 pm

My biggest accomplishment today was mailing out my food buzz featured publisher contract!
nicole @ simply Nicole recently posted..Starbucks Pumpkin Spice!

30 Shayla @ The Good Life September 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm

My biggest accomplishment yesterday was getting through a new TRX workout, it was awesome!

And I feel…sick!! :( Looks like your cold traveled 3,000 miles over to me, ha! ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..A New Relationship…

31 Courtney September 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm