Dressed Like a Champion

So, I totally meant to share this with you guys earlier, but it completely slipped my mind. I suppose I was too busy thinking about crab and mozzarella omelets?

This morning when I headed out to the gym, I was decked out in my last and final outfit that Champion USA sent me to review. If you remember, I was asked by Champion a couple months back to participate in their ‘Shape Your Life’ Blogger Ambassador Program. In case you missed my other two reviews, you can catch up with them here and here.

As always, all of the opinions that I share with you guys about any products from the Champion line (or any product, for that matter) are totally and completely my own. That being said, let me show you what’s up for today!

Bottom: Champion Shape Smoothing Pants

Top: Champion 100% Cotton V-Neck Tank Top

Just like I loved the Smoothing Knee Pants, the full length pants are just as great and have just as much awesomeness to offer:

• Inner power-mesh panels to streamline the hips, thighs, and tummy (<—sweet!).
  • Double Dry fabric to help wick sweat away, keeping you cool and dry.
  • Tag-free contoured waist gives them an easy, comfortable fit (<—tag-free is the way to be!).

My favorite part of the smoothing pants is definitely the power-mesh panel in the tummy area. It’s not smoothing in the way where you feel like you’re being sucked in like a girdle; it’s just enough to help give you overall, streamlined look.

I also noticed this morning that these pants actually have a little pocket in the front which would be perfect for keys/ID/a fun-size bag of M&M’s/iPod/pedometer/etc. Winking smile

The only “con” to these pants, which happens quite often with me and pants, is that they’re slightly shorter than I like them to be. They don’t look like they’d be that bad in the photo below, but the more I jumped and moved around in BodyCombat this morning, the more I saw them look a bit more “high-water-ish.”

Even still, the pros definitely outweigh my one con on these; plus, I can always roll them a bit if need be, too.

As for the top, my first impression was that I loved the color; I’m always so tempted to dress morbidly in black when I head to the gym (not quite sure why?), so it was nice to have that extra pop of color.

Other pros of the top:

• Super-soft cotton
  • Relaxed fit – perfect for the days where I feel like I need a little extra “breathing room” – ladies, you know what I mean.

Cons:

• No moisture wicking support with the cotton fabric. Courtney was a very obvious sweaty-mess this morning.

For me, I think this top would be better suited for lounging around or more low-impact workouts where I’m not getting super sweaty.

The one other piece of clothing that Champion sent me to review was a sports bra, which I was not wearing this morning.

Champion Double Dry+ Spot Comfort Max-Support Sports Bra

I love the color of this sports bra, but I also really like the mesh panels, gel-cushioned straps, and wicking fabric.

The only problem I have with the sports bra is that there’s not much of a lining. Some of you may be wondering why this is a problem…well, let me tell you. As someone who’s a little lot smaller up in that department, I’m usually looking for a sports bra that will at least give me a little bit of “shape,” so to say.

I’ve also never been a fan of the thin sports bras for when the inevitable nipple sneaks up on you. Call me crazy, but I just like to keep those babies covered.

With that being said, I will fill you in on my current favorite sports bra which, ironically, is actually made by Champion:

Champion Shape T-Back Sports Bra

Champion did not send me this sports bra to review, but I wanted to share it with you guys because I already own it and absolutely LOVE it. It has a fully constructed inner bra that gives just a subtle hint of shape, bottom band wick, and comfortable racer back straps. It’s a winner in my book!

*****

Dinner

Ooooo boy. Tonight’s meal was super scrumptious, my friends.

I cooked up the pasta that I bought from the Farmers Market on Saturday, and topped it with some sliced chicken sausage and a quick homemade sauce.

To make the sauce, I literally just started throwing a bunch of stuff into a pot: a small jar of tomato sauce, sautéed onions and garlic, a small scoop of pesto, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Turns out, I actually really like cooking without a recipe…as long as the end result is as good as tonight’s was.

On the side, I also sautéed some balsamic-marinated zucchini slices.

Definitely delicious. Definitely satisfied. Definitely stuffed.

Now, it’s time to go watch some Monday Night Football (as if I didn’t get enough of it last night…) P.S. – GO JETS!! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

Do you prefer cooking with recipes or without them?

Disclaimer Time: The beginning of this post is sponsored by Champion and I received monetary compensation for my participation, but my review and opinions are my own. I only ever participate in programs that I see naturally fit my blog and that allow for honest feedback.

Comments

That bowl of pasta has seriously got me craving some right now!! Looks so yummy – the best creations are always made without a recipe! That’s what my mom says, at least, but she’s quite the cook.

Pants are prob short on you because you have lovely long legs! :) They look great regardless!

Is the back just like a regular tank? I need new workout tanks but I’m weird and only like racerbacks. Thankfully Gap has really cheap ones and they’re starting to come out with fun colours (you should check out Gap Body’s workout line if you haven’t, it’s amazing). Last time I was in I think they had sports bras with a lining but I haven’t tried them.

When I’m cooking dinner I use recipes as guides. I like having the freedom to throw whatever I find in the kitchen or am craving into the mix. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but I’ve definitely created some really good dishes doing that! Your dinner is making me crave pasta, might have to try out the new spinach pasta noodles tonight..

I love winging it in the kitchen. People sometimes ask me how i come up with so many recipes on my own, but it’s necessary when you’re bad at following directions like me. 😉

I love the Champion pants you have on. They’re super cute and probably would be perfect on me because I’m a shorty.
    Kelly @foodiefresh recently posted..My Happy Weight – Week 1

4. Brittany says

We were so alike for dinner tonight ! I had whole wheat pasta, red pepper & asiago chicken sausage! Only difference was that I added sugar snap peas.

Yum.

Workout pants are always wayyy too short…I wonder if they make them shorter to sort of ‘stay out of your way’ when you’re working out? If so, it’s a trend they should stop.

I love that exact same sports bra that you do. I hate the sports bras that make me look like I have a uni-boob :-)!
    Jodi recently posted..Miracles DO Happen

I need to really force myself to experiment in the kitchen. I am such a type a person… I feel like I’m cheating if I don’t follow the recipe word for word. By boyfriend is good at forcing me to let go and just use ingredients I have on hand. That being said… I totally agree that it’s so exciting when your experiments work out! I love the idea of mixing pesto into marinara.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Sometimes Sundays call for a drink

I have a Champion sports bra like the one you love too and I love it, gives a perfect amount of shape and covers nippleage 😉

I have to follow a recipe, I’m so bad at just wingin’ it! Hubby on the other hand is a pro at it, that’s why he’s the chef in this house!
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Weekend Recap

8. Jen M. says

You’re darling! And I can see how the pants could look a big high-water-ish. But I bet they’d be perfect for yoga classes, and in the winter you could wear your beloved Uggs right over the top so you can’t see how short they are and then they’d probably be perfect length for barefoot yoga class! Or even if it’s still hot there for a bit longer, wearing flip flops to yoga class!

And your pasta looks great, reminds me of a dish I made last week that was sooooo similar! Yum! I heart pasta. :)

As someone who is smaller up top too, I’m glad you shared your bra recommendation with us! I will definitely check that Champion bra out– thanks!

As for recipes, I typically like cooking with a recipe… and then I tweak as I see fit (with different spices or different veggies)… but I ALWAYS use a recipe when baking, because that can get ugly if you don’t follow it precisely…
    Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Tofu Scramble and Cajun Home Fries

love that sports bra with the extra omph! :) i really need that i feel like i always look like a boy!!
    when i am cooking it depends whether i use a recipe- my bf loves cooking without. if i am cooking something harder that i usually do not make i use a recipe or when i am baking – i use a recipe as i guide but generally i will just improvise. its more fun!
    Hannah recently posted..14 miles, banana bread & blueberry muffins

I really love the Champion workout clothing that I have purchased. That shirt does look great for lounging though! I usually prefer to cook without a recipe…because when I cook with a recipe, I usually just end up changing things anyway!
    Cassie recently posted..Almond-Cranberry Scones

The dinner looks great, love the idea of balsamic marinated zucchini! I have some huge ones left over from our summer garden that need to be cooked down.

I usually like to start with a recipe and then make my own changes and additions from there, then the next time I make the recipe I make it even more my own :)
    I agree with the workout tanks – they have to be wicking!
    Lindsey recently posted..I Love Birthdays

You dinner looks so good! I love the shape of that pasta too! :) Most of the time I like to follow a recipe but sometimes I’ll throw my own things in the mix. I get nervous when trying to create a recipe from scratch. I should try more often though 😉
    Hope recently posted..A Repeat Offender…

• Courtney says

You know, that’s a good question…
      We both loved the pasta. We thought it had a really good and unique texture that was different from most store-bought versions.
      The flavor, however, wasn’t as prominent as I had hoped for. I got the tomato & pesto, and while I could taste some of the pesto flavor, I couldn’t taste much of the tomato (and I did try them both before putting the sauce on them).
      That being said, I think I’d still get it again! :)

I am kind of picky about sports bras too I have to say! I have the opposite problem though because I am big on top. I actually wear a sports bra OVER a regular bra usually for extra support which I know people think is weird, but it also has to be a specific bra underneathe. it is a process let me know tell you – anyway moral of story, because of that I prefer the thinner sports bras – so I might have to try that one above!
    Thanks for sharing! :) the pants look awesome!
    Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Let’s Talk About Meal Planning

• Courtney says

Oooo, I didn’t realize they made them in “tall” – that’s what I usually look for, too. Thanks for the heads up! :)