Dressed Like a Champion

by Courtney on September 12, 2011

So, I totally meant to share this with you guys earlier, but it completely slipped my mind. I suppose I was too busy thinking about crab and mozzarella omelets?

This morning when I headed out to the gym, I was decked out in my last and final outfit that Champion USA sent me to review. If you remember, I was asked by Champion a couple months back to participate in their ‘Shape Your Life’ Blogger Ambassador Program. In case you missed my other two reviews, you can catch up with them here and here.

As always, all of the opinions that I share with you guys about any products from the Champion line (or any product, for that matter) are totally and completely my own. That being said, let me show you what’s up for today!

Bottom: Champion Shape Smoothing Pants

Top: Champion 100% Cotton V-Neck Tank Top

Just like I loved the Smoothing Knee Pants, the full length pants are just as great and have just as much awesomeness to offer:

• Inner power-mesh panels to streamline the hips, thighs, and tummy (<—sweet!).
  • Double Dry fabric to help wick sweat away, keeping you cool and dry.
  • Tag-free contoured waist gives them an easy, comfortable fit (<—tag-free is the way to be!).

My favorite part of the smoothing pants is definitely the power-mesh panel in the tummy area. It’s not smoothing in the way where you feel like you’re being sucked in like a girdle; it’s just enough to help give you overall, streamlined look.

I also noticed this morning that these pants actually have a little pocket in the front which would be perfect for keys/ID/a fun-size bag of M&M’s/iPod/pedometer/etc. Winking smile

The only “con” to these pants, which happens quite often with me and pants, is that they’re slightly shorter than I like them to be. They don’t look like they’d be that bad in the photo below, but the more I jumped and moved around in BodyCombat this morning, the more I saw them look a bit more “high-water-ish.”

Even still, the pros definitely outweigh my one con on these; plus, I can always roll them a bit if need be, too.

As for the top, my first impression was that I loved the color; I’m always so tempted to dress morbidly in black when I head to the gym (not quite sure why?), so it was nice to have that extra pop of color.

Other pros of the top:

• Super-soft cotton
  • Relaxed fit – perfect for the days where I feel like I need a little extra “breathing room” – ladies, you know what I mean.

Cons:

• No moisture wicking support with the cotton fabric. Courtney was a very obvious sweaty-mess this morning.

For me, I think this top would be better suited for lounging around or more low-impact workouts where I’m not getting super sweaty.

The one other piece of clothing that Champion sent me to review was a sports bra, which I was not wearing this morning.

Champion Double Dry+ Spot Comfort Max-Support Sports Bra

I love the color of this sports bra, but I also really like the mesh panels, gel-cushioned straps, and wicking fabric.

The only problem I have with the sports bra is that there’s not much of a lining. Some of you may be wondering why this is a problem…well, let me tell you. As someone who’s a little lot smaller up in that department, I’m usually looking for a sports bra that will at least give me a little bit of “shape,” so to say.

I’ve also never been a fan of the thin sports bras for when the inevitable nipple sneaks up on you. Call me crazy, but I just like to keep those babies covered.

With that being said, I will fill you in on my current favorite sports bra which, ironically, is actually made by Champion:

Champion Shape T-Back Sports Bra

Champion did not send me this sports bra to review, but I wanted to share it with you guys because I already own it and absolutely LOVE it. It has a fully constructed inner bra that gives just a subtle hint of shape, bottom band wick, and comfortable racer back straps. It’s a winner in my book!

*****

Dinner

Ooooo boy. Tonight’s meal was super scrumptious, my friends.

I cooked up the pasta that I bought from the Farmers Market on Saturday, and topped it with some sliced chicken sausage and a quick homemade sauce.

To make the sauce, I literally just started throwing a bunch of stuff into a pot: a small jar of tomato sauce, sautéed onions and garlic, a small scoop of pesto, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Turns out, I actually really like cooking without a recipe…as long as the end result is as good as tonight’s was.

On the side, I also sautéed some balsamic-marinated zucchini slices.

Definitely delicious. Definitely satisfied. Definitely stuffed.

Now, it’s time to go watch some Monday Night Football (as if I didn’t get enough of it last night…) P.S. – GO JETS!! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

Do you prefer cooking with recipes or without them?

Disclaimer Time: The beginning of this post is sponsored by Champion and I received monetary compensation for my participation, but my review and opinions are my own. I only ever participate in programs that I see naturally fit my blog and that allow for honest feedback.

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

You know you secretly love the highwaters ;) That totally reminds me of my mom haha
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bag of Popcorn

2 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 12, 2011 at 7:41 pm

That bowl of pasta has seriously got me craving some right now!! Looks so yummy – the best creations are always made without a recipe! That’s what my mom says, at least, but she’s quite the cook.

Pants are prob short on you because you have lovely long legs! :) They look great regardless!

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 12, 2011 at 7:43 pm

That pasta looks amazing! I like using recipes sometimes to try new stuff, but I also like to experiment. I love it all!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Pumpkin Almond Butter

4 Ally September 12, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Is the back just like a regular tank? I need new workout tanks but I’m weird and only like racerbacks. Thankfully Gap has really cheap ones and they’re starting to come out with fun colours (you should check out Gap Body’s workout line if you haven’t, it’s amazing). Last time I was in I think they had sports bras with a lining but I haven’t tried them.

When I’m cooking dinner I use recipes as guides. I like having the freedom to throw whatever I find in the kitchen or am craving into the mix. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but I’ve definitely created some really good dishes doing that! Your dinner is making me crave pasta, might have to try out the new spinach pasta noodles tonight..

5 Kelly @foodiefresh September 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I love winging it in the kitchen. People sometimes ask me how i come up with so many recipes on my own, but it’s necessary when you’re bad at following directions like me. ;)

I love the Champion pants you have on. They’re super cute and probably would be perfect on me because I’m a shorty.
Kelly @foodiefresh recently posted..My Happy Weight – Week 1

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 12, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I usually prefer to work with recipes, at least when I’m trying something new. Then, once I get a sense of how the flavors work together, I feel more comfortable “winning” it!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sweet & Sour Pork

7 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 12, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Love the review! I really like how cheap the Champion line is–yet it really holds up and lasts throughout tough workouts!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Minnesota Has 4 Seasons (Random Photo Dump)

8 Brittany September 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm

We were so alike for dinner tonight ! I had whole wheat pasta, red pepper & asiago chicken sausage! Only difference was that I added sugar snap peas.

Yum.

9 Jodi September 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Workout pants are always wayyy too short…I wonder if they make them shorter to sort of ‘stay out of your way’ when you’re working out? If so, it’s a trend they should stop.

I love that exact same sports bra that you do. I hate the sports bras that make me look like I have a uni-boob :-)!
Jodi recently posted..Miracles DO Happen

10 Kristi September 12, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Jodi, Nike makes long/tall workout pants. I have a 36/37-inch inseam, and the medium tall is plenty long.

11 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I need to really force myself to experiment in the kitchen. I am such a type a person… I feel like I’m cheating if I don’t follow the recipe word for word. By boyfriend is good at forcing me to let go and just use ingredients I have on hand. That being said… I totally agree that it’s so exciting when your experiments work out! I love the idea of mixing pesto into marinara.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Sometimes Sundays call for a drink

12 Shayla @ The Good Life September 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I have a Champion sports bra like the one you love too and I love it, gives a perfect amount of shape and covers nippleage ;)

I have to follow a recipe, I’m so bad at just wingin’ it! Hubby on the other hand is a pro at it, that’s why he’s the chef in this house!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Weekend Recap

13 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 12, 2011 at 8:36 pm

The workout wear looks great! And your dinner sounds super yummy. I’m still learning in the kitchen so I pretty much need a recipe or at least some idea of one!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Is It Real Hunger?

14 RunEatRepeat September 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Even when I intend to use a recipe, I always end up doing my own thing!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Big Hands, Little Laptop

15 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm

haha me too
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Munchkin Monday

16 Lauren September 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I have one Champion sports bra but I love it!! I keep thinking I need to get more.
Dinner looks so good. It’s been ages since I’ve had a big bowl of pasta.
Lauren recently posted..Repaired, Renewed, and a WINNER!

17 Danielle September 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I love just throwing things into a pot and getting a yummy result! :)
Champion sports bras are my fav. I use them until the elastic starts shredding!
Danielle recently posted..Creeper Plant

18 Shanna, like Banana September 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm

You know it’s a good post when it has the word nipple in it ;-P

Hmmm, for dinner, I tend to make up my own recipe. Or if I’m making something the first time, I use a recipe and then from then on, I wing it!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..It’s the little things

19 Jen M. September 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm

You’re darling! And I can see how the pants could look a big high-water-ish. But I bet they’d be perfect for yoga classes, and in the winter you could wear your beloved Uggs right over the top so you can’t see how short they are and then they’d probably be perfect length for barefoot yoga class! Or even if it’s still hot there for a bit longer, wearing flip flops to yoga class!

And your pasta looks great, reminds me of a dish I made last week that was sooooo similar! Yum! I heart pasta. :)

20 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies September 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm

As someone who is smaller up top too, I’m glad you shared your bra recommendation with us! I will definitely check that Champion bra out– thanks!

As for recipes, I typically like cooking with a recipe… and then I tweak as I see fit (with different spices or different veggies)… but I ALWAYS use a recipe when baking, because that can get ugly if you don’t follow it precisely…
Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Tofu Scramble and Cajun Home Fries

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 12, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Oh dinner looks sooo good! We’re big pasta people around here!

22 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life September 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I like cooking with recipes as a guide but then doing my own thing based off the recipe! You dinner looked so good! I love adding chicken sausage to pasta and topping it with lots of crushed red pepper!

23 Hannah September 12, 2011 at 9:51 pm

love that sports bra with the extra omph! :) i really need that i feel like i always look like a boy!!
when i am cooking it depends whether i use a recipe- my bf loves cooking without. if i am cooking something harder that i usually do not make i use a recipe or when i am baking – i use a recipe as i guide but generally i will just improvise. its more fun!
Hannah recently posted..14 miles, banana bread & blueberry muffins

24 Cassie September 12, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I really love the Champion workout clothing that I have purchased. That shirt does look great for lounging though! I usually prefer to cook without a recipe…because when I cook with a recipe, I usually just end up changing things anyway!
Cassie recently posted..Almond-Cranberry Scones

25 Emily September 12, 2011 at 9:54 pm

The dinner looks great, love the idea of balsamic marinated zucchini! I have some huge ones left over from our summer garden that need to be cooked down.

26 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I always have to buy 3/4 pants so they look like they are meant to be short because if I buy regular ones they are waaaay too short! Just like you!
Sports bra colors are awesome! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Fun Facts!

27 colleen @ thegiftofmondays September 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm

thanks for always posting honest reviews…

i’ve never been a fan of sports bras…they’ve just never been flattering just FLATTENING! and who needs that??
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..it’s going to be a great day

28 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me September 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I enjoy recipes but am trying to branch out more often. I enjoy just winging it.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Wedding Centerpieces

29 Brandy @ Let's Grab a Coffee September 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I love cooking without a recipe. The only down side is that sometimes if I want to re-create a taste…I can’t remember how much of what went into the pot!
Brandy @ Let’s Grab a Coffee recently posted..9.11.11

30 Liz @ Something To Chew Om September 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I prefer to cook without a recipe. It gets hard when I blog about the recipes though….because my measurements are “a handful”, “a sprinkling” and “some”.
Liz @ Something To Chew Om recently posted..Recipe and Review

31 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Hey! I have (and love) that Champion top too!! Very comfortable, though not my favorite for the SUPER sweaty workouts.

My favorite method of cooking is to have a recipe nearby, but sort of do it by the seat of my pants. breeds more delicious (and occasionally surprising) meals.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday: The Calm Before the Storm

32 Lindsey September 12, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I usually like to start with a recipe and then make my own changes and additions from there, then the next time I make the recipe I make it even more my own :)
I agree with the workout tanks – they have to be wicking!
Lindsey recently posted..I Love Birthdays

33 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 12, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Your meal tonight looked AMAZING. It’s almost midnight but now I’m hungry all over again! ;) I like sticking to recipes when I’ve never cooked what I’m cooking before, but when I cook something familiar I don’t really stick to a recipe. I kind of just play around until I get it right :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..The Man with the Red Bandana

34 Khushboo September 13, 2011 at 12:47 am

Yum dinner! Nothing beats a big bowl of pasta with homemade sauce…actually i lie, nothing beats a big bowl of pasta with homemade sauce AND cheese ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Living the dream

35 katie September 13, 2011 at 8:19 am

your seriously adorable! :) i love anything from the farmers market!

36 Hope September 13, 2011 at 8:29 am

You dinner looks so good! I love the shape of that pasta too! :) Most of the time I like to follow a recipe but sometimes I’ll throw my own things in the mix. I get nervous when trying to create a recipe from scratch. I should try more often though ;)
Hope recently posted..A Repeat Offender…

37 Emily September 13, 2011 at 8:49 am

Ok….dying to know…how was the pasta? Would you buy it again or stick to regular store bought pasta?

38 Courtney September 13, 2011 at 9:11 am

You know, that’s a good question…
We both loved the pasta. We thought it had a really good and unique texture that was different from most store-bought versions.
The flavor, however, wasn’t as prominent as I had hoped for. I got the tomato & pesto, and while I could taste some of the pesto flavor, I couldn’t taste much of the tomato (and I did try them both before putting the sauce on them).
That being said, I think I’d still get it again! :)

39 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews September 13, 2011 at 9:23 am

That sports bra is so cute! I want it!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..New Twitter Account

40 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews September 13, 2011 at 9:23 am

That sports bra is so cute! I want it! And did you enjoy the pasta?
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..New Twitter Account

41 Courtney September 13, 2011 at 10:30 am

I did enjoy it! The flavor wasn’t as strong as I had thought it might be, but Jay and I loved the texture of it.

42 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! September 13, 2011 at 9:41 am

I am kind of picky about sports bras too I have to say! I have the opposite problem though because I am big on top. I actually wear a sports bra OVER a regular bra usually for extra support which I know people think is weird, but it also has to be a specific bra underneathe. it is a process let me know tell you – anyway moral of story, because of that I prefer the thinner sports bras – so I might have to try that one above!
Thanks for sharing! :) the pants look awesome!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Let’s Talk About Meal Planning

43 Courtney September 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

That is actually not weird at all…I used to do the same thing, but just for opposite reasons (shhhh!) ;)

44 Shannon September 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm

your dinner looks so delish! :)

45 Laura @ Unchartered 20s September 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm

What fun little shapes of pasta!!

46 Rachel Wilkerson September 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Usually when I buy Champion pants, I buy them in “Tall”…I’m not even tall but I like the longer look over my sneakers and they tend to shrink up a bit with more wear/washings.
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..Lesson #103: How to Confess Your Love to a Friend via E-mail (Without Using the Word “Love” or Saying Any Other Mushy or Romantic Shit)

47 Courtney September 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Oooo, I didn’t realize they made them in “tall” – that’s what I usually look for, too. Thanks for the heads up! :)