Ugly But Tasty

by Courtney on September 26, 2011

Is it just me, or did Monday come wayyyy quicker than it’s supposed to this week? I’m sure that my mighty busy weekend probably had something to do with it, so here’s what you may have missed…

Search for Sneakers

Mosquito Magnet

Pushed To The Max

Jay and I spent the majority of our afternoon and evening yesterday over to Joe & Kate’s house for some Sunday Football, quality friend time, and snacks.

Hey, there’s always snacks for Sunday Football. Smile

We kept things fairly simple yesterday, with some fresh veggies and dip, chips, pretzels, cheese and crackers. I also enjoyed another one of my delicious pumpkin beers while watching the game.

Or rather, let me say…games.

Joe & Kate have the NFL package as a part of their cable network, so they always get to watch every single game that’s playing at once. Let me tell you…it takes some effort to follow along with all of those games!

Their little big kitty, Iris, made sure to hang around most of the afternoon, too. She’s such a cutie!

By the time the second round of games was coming on, I put together my contribution to our snacks for the afternoon. I will warn you, however; it is not pretty…

Yikes.

I received a large wedge of Ile de France brie to try earlier in the week, and I knew that it would be a perfect item to bring and share with friends (because as much as I love brie, I don’t need to be eating an entire wedge of it by myself).

I baked the brie in a sheet of puff pastry and topped it with some raspberry preserves before putting it in the oven; but apparently, I need to work on sealing things up a little better. Luckily, even though it looked ugly, it was really, really tasty, and I had no problem eating my body weight in brie, crackers, and baby carrots all afternoon. Whew!

(FYI: The little “nugget” looking things are extra puff pastry with a little raspberry jam inside – awesome.)

*****

Breakfast

This morning, I was craving something cold but was honestly feeling too lazy to pull out the blender and make a smoothie bowl…so I did the next best thing.

A pumpkin yogurt bowl:

• vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
  • pumpkin
  • banana slices
  • cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
  • crumbled honey graham Clif Z Bar
  • TJ’s Multigrain O’s

Of course, a mug of homemade pumpkin spice coffee to round out the meal.

Gotta jet, friends! Catch ya laterrrr. Smile

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Would you rather go on a date with Justin Bieber –OR- Simon Cowell?
  • Would you rather go shark diving –OR- climb Mount Everest?
  • Would you rather delete your Twitter account –OR- Facebook account?

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers September 26, 2011 at 9:01 am

Would you rather go on a date with Justin Bieber –OR- Simon Cowell? The Biebs. Hands down.

Would you rather go shark diving –OR- climb Mount Everest? Shark diving!!!!!

Would you rather delete your Twitter account –OR- Facebook account? Facebook. I’m kind of over it and no one’s pictures are nearly as entertaining to look at now that we’ve all graduated from college. I miss the drunked debauchery.
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Diner Breakfast

2 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers September 26, 2011 at 9:02 am

*drunken… one day i will write a comment w/o any spelling or grammatical errors on your blog.
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Diner Breakfast

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 26, 2011 at 9:02 am

That football screen is intense! As a person who kind of hates football, that’s like my worst nightmare, ha!
Bieber, Mt. Everest and delete my fb. I’ve become a twitter convert this past year, so much better than fb!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training week 2

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 26, 2011 at 9:07 am

Your brie pastry treat sounds so delicious!! My mouth is watering… :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Family Rivalry

5 Emma September 26, 2011 at 9:08 am

Yay for pastry nuggets! Haha. Brie in puff pastry might be one of the most delicious creations to ever exist. I love making it around the holidays! Add some crustry bread…mmmm.

I would delete my Twitter account because, um, I don’t have one :)
Emma recently posted..Come On, Sushi!

6 Lindsey September 26, 2011 at 9:08 am

Brie and jam is the best snack ever :)
Just in Bieber, and no I am not a pedophile ;)
Shark diving, as long as I am in one heck of a cage!
Facebook!!
Lindsey recently posted..Banff Weekend

7 Faith @ For the Health of It September 26, 2011 at 9:21 am

Oooh, creamy cheese + raspberry is such an amazing combo! I can’t wait to try that with a vegan cream cheese.

Lessee…Cowell, shark diving fo sho, and twitter! (My twitter is just for my blog, and I need my FB to keep up with all of my friends!)
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..It Ended Right

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 26, 2011 at 9:27 am

Would you rather go on a date with Justin Bieber –OR- Simon Cowell?
-DUH, the Biebs. no question.

Would you rather go shark diving –OR- climb Mount Everest?
-SHARK DIVING!

Would you rather delete your Twitter account –OR- Facebook account?
-Gosh. Probably Twitter. ALL my friends are on FB, but I only correspond with my blog friends on Twitter, for the most part. :)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Sorry I Ruined It.

9 Hope September 26, 2011 at 9:28 am

I think that pastry sounds delicious! :)

I’d rather go on a date with Justin. I think Simon is a little too harsh.
I’d rather climb Mount Everest.
I’d rather delete Facebook. I hate what they did with it. I can’t even figure out what I am looking at half the time.
Hope recently posted..A Weekend Gone By Too Quick…

10 Ruthie Hart September 26, 2011 at 9:30 am

I was trying to figure out what the dish was before scrolling down and I couldn’t place it! Once I heard there was brie involved it looked DELISH! And holy NFL football!!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Corn muffin casserole

11 Brittany September 26, 2011 at 9:36 am

The biebs !
I’d rather go shark diving cause that movie vertical limit would totally freak me out climbing mt everest.
All my friends are on Facebook but I like twitter better!

12 Shannon September 26, 2011 at 9:49 am

Yum! Your breakfast looks delish! I love yogurt bowls for breakfast :)
I would rather go shark diving..like with little harmless baby sharks :P
Shannon recently posted..Time for a Giveaway!

13 Jen September 26, 2011 at 9:51 am

1. Simon Cowell. I honestly reeeally love him. I would probably choose him over a lot of other celebrities. Haha!

2. Probably shark diving. Eek.

3. I don’t even have a Twitter account, so I’ll go with that.

By the way, I think the brie + jam mess looks incredible. I know the pastry part has gluten, so it’s a good thing I wasn’t there yesterday. I would have had to stare at that deliciousness in jealously, with my mouth watering.

14 Sweet and Savvy September 26, 2011 at 9:56 am

Ugly or not… It still looks tasty:)

1) Simon for Sure.
2) Hm.. this One is hard. I’m not a fan of the cold, so I’d say shark diving.
3) Hm. I’m not Sure. I love Facebook but twitter is growing on me..

15 TheBloggersBrother September 26, 2011 at 9:56 am

-Bieber? Really? Kids a waste.. so I will differ my answer to be between Selina Gomez and J-Lo, Selina Gomez all day please
-I’ve already been shaek diving, no big deal, I know..
-Facebook sucks, I’m over it.. twitter > facebook

Good day to you

16 Courtney September 26, 2011 at 11:07 am

I agree, I’m over Facebook, too.

I like the switch up on the ladies…Selena’s a cutie.

Good day to YOU, little brother! :-D

17 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 26, 2011 at 9:58 am

Wow that brie looks…. tasty? Okay okay it looks gross, but I’m sure it tasted great :)

And I’d be scared to go on a date with Simon so I’m going to go with the Biebs. At least he’d give me hair tips?
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Home Delivery

18 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 26, 2011 at 10:10 am

Ummmm, the Biebs for sure. But I’m not so sure the husband would go for that. At least I would be cool with the kids I teach! ….Shark diving (there is a cage, right?!)
Twitter- since I don’t have an account I use.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Chia Seed TORNADO

19 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 26, 2011 at 10:16 am

sayonara facebook!! Simon Cowell because I want to touch his moobs, I have asthma, so I am certain Everest would be my end. So bring on the great whites! Also, my son and I share your love of baked brie. We think it’s perfectly acceptable to bogart the whole damn thing and eat it alone in your room where no one can see.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Cover him in a burlap sack and make him live in a tent.

20 Courtney September 26, 2011 at 11:08 am

OMG…your comment about the moobs seriously made me laugh out loud. You totally caught me off guard on that one. LOVED it! ;)

21 Khushboo September 26, 2011 at 10:22 am

That Brie bomb sounds pretty fantastic! Cheese & fruit preserves is def the next pb&j!
Khushboo recently posted..My Current Digs VII

22 TheBloggersBrother September 26, 2011 at 10:33 am

Oh, and, omg the redzone channel is the greatest thing to happen to football since the yellow line was invented

23 Courtney September 26, 2011 at 11:09 am

I don’t know…I still really love the yellow line. And when the add in the red line on field goal attempts? Oh, forget it. ;)

24 TheBloggersBrother September 26, 2011 at 1:33 pm

How do they do that anyways?Anytime I go I can’t find it!

25 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 26, 2011 at 10:36 am

1) Bieber. At least I could bring my niece along and she’d love it.
2) Shark diving
3) I think FB, but its a hard call.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..We can be 80, 3, and 21— all in one weekend

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 26, 2011 at 10:49 am

I love baked brie! So delicious!

I guess I’d have to say Justin Bieber, climb Mt. Everest. & delete my Twitter!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Savvy Shopping

27 Krissie J September 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

Simon only because I cannot stand Justin Bieber, his music, plus he’s WAY too young. I would love to go shark diving. And, I’d delete Facebook because frankly I have days where I really want to anyway.

Ugly but tasty food is always great. You don’t feel bad making a mess because it already is one!
Krissie J recently posted..Dogfish Dash 2011

28 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 26, 2011 at 11:40 am

I love anything Brie! I am definitely going to try making that – it looks simple but delicious!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Bacon & Chocolate – A Perfect Combination!

29 Caitlin C. September 26, 2011 at 11:54 am

Looks like a fun football day! I’d definitely choose the Biebs, swimming with sharks, and deleting Facebook (shocker, but I have become addicted to Twitter in the last week!)
Caitlin C. recently posted..Same Old Breakfast, Brand New Lasagna

30 Cait @ Cait hates Cake September 26, 2011 at 11:59 am

I’m gonna say Simon, but ONLY because The Biebs would make me feel like a Cougar. Shark diving for sure – at least I could get it over with quickly. Climbing Mt. Everest would take forever. And I would delete Facebook. It’s getting a little old anyway…
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Fall Weekend

31 Samantha September 26, 2011 at 12:00 pm

That brie/puff pastry/jam combo looks so good, I may have to try that!!!!

I’d have to go with Simon Cowell – I’d rather not feel like I”m robbing the cradle, or dating a boy with prettier hair than me.

Climb Mt. Everest – sharks scare the crap out of me!

I’d delete Facebook – I’ve been considering it a great deal lately. Seems everyone on there is so miserable, and Twitter is way more fun with way happier peeps.
Samantha recently posted..A Hard Decision to Make

32 Rebecca September 26, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Maybe not neat, but they look delicious! Got any leftovers? =) Simon would get the date (I think it’d be illegal to date Justin too lol) Hm…shark diving could be fun as long as they safe nurse sharks. I’d delete twitter first, I’m sadly addicted to facebook.
Rebecca recently posted..WIAW #7 and Dinner Hosting!

33 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! September 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh Brie is my favorite! and it looks like it was supposed to look like that ;)
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Keeping A Positive Outlook

34 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 26, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Yum, brie and preserves on pastry? That sounds sooooo good! I love cheese with fruit.

I’d totally go out with Simon Cowell. I think his sense of humor is hilarious. If I was with Justin Bieber, I’d feel like I was robbing the cradle (I’m 33!).
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Monday Is All Over the Place

35 Mac September 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Holy intenseness! NFL ticket looks overwhelming!
Mac recently posted..Bridal Show Sneak Peak

36 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I’m always disappointed when something tasty looks bad. I feel like it deters others from eating it. Luckily, I have a fairly large (and loud!) mouth so I can usually get people to at least try it!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Tuscan Zucchini with Onions

37 Kathryn September 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Simon Cowell- I can’t stand beiber and would probably strangle him within 5 minutes.
Shark Diving- I’d love to get up close with some of those beauties! Plus, I really don’t like the cold, lol
Delete facebook- Maybe I’m growing up or maybe I’m just sick of all the FB drama, but I’d much rather tweet and sometimes do a status update on G+

38 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Wow, these are hard ones!

Hmm Justin Beiber…I think he’d be more fun? Shark diving I think…I love hiking, but not that extreme. And I’d rather delete my Twitter since I already did a long time ago :) I’m just not a Twitter person!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Resisting the Urge of the Donut

39 Erica September 26, 2011 at 4:24 pm

1. the beibs…even though i would feel like a creepy old lady by doing so, at least i wouldn’t be scared to death. simon=scary. lol. and did you just hear about his super romantic date w/selena gomez? lol.

2. shark dive…..i think….

3. delete twitter. facebook is like a social lifeline. so sad. hahaha.
Erica recently posted..OTV: ollie learns a new trick

40 Lizzie September 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

looks like an awesome football day!!! and that puff pastry…amazing.
i wud rather go on a date with justin bieber!!!!! i love him :)
Lizzie recently posted..Best Season Ever! {Pumpkin Recipe Round Up!}

41 Lauren September 26, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I once tried to make a brie and apricot puffed pastry and it turned out looking disastrous but tasting amazing. It’s not just you!
Lauren recently posted..5 Tips For a Successful Interview

42 Meghan September 26, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Ohhh I think I would have to go with Simon. I just cannot stand Beiber.

Climb Mt. Everest! While it would be 58431622 times more challenging, and I am not afraid of sharks, it would be a crazy amazing experience.

TOUGH. I am so over FB but I think I would have to keep it just for the sole reason that my entire college life is documented via pictures.
Meghan recently posted..A Few Words On Taper…

43 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I need to get some Vanilla Chobani to make pumpkin yogurt bowls! It also makes a very tasty fruit dip! :)

I would rather go on a date with Justin Bieber, go shark diving, and delete my Facebook account after saving all of my pictures of course! lol.
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Week of Workouts

44 Katy @ HaveYouHurd September 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Bieber. Everest. Facebook.

This reminds me of what Dale and Brennan did on Step Brothers except a lot less raunchy :)
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..A Few Firsts: Wine Tours & Quinoa