Ugly But Tasty

Is it just me, or did Monday come wayyyy quicker than it’s supposed to this week? I’m sure that my mighty busy weekend probably had something to do with it, so here’s what you may have missed…

Search for Sneakers

Mosquito Magnet

Pushed To The Max

Jay and I spent the majority of our afternoon and evening yesterday over to Joe & Kate’s house for some Sunday Football, quality friend time, and snacks.

Hey, there’s always snacks for Sunday Football. Smile

We kept things fairly simple yesterday, with some fresh veggies and dip, chips, pretzels, cheese and crackers. I also enjoyed another one of my delicious pumpkin beers while watching the game.

Or rather, let me say…games.

Joe & Kate have the NFL package as a part of their cable network, so they always get to watch every single game that’s playing at once. Let me tell you…it takes some effort to follow along with all of those games!

Their little big kitty, Iris, made sure to hang around most of the afternoon, too. She’s such a cutie!

By the time the second round of games was coming on, I put together my contribution to our snacks for the afternoon. I will warn you, however; it is not pretty…

Yikes.

I received a large wedge of Ile de France brie to try earlier in the week, and I knew that it would be a perfect item to bring and share with friends (because as much as I love brie, I don’t need to be eating an entire wedge of it by myself).

I baked the brie in a sheet of puff pastry and topped it with some raspberry preserves before putting it in the oven; but apparently, I need to work on sealing things up a little better. Luckily, even though it looked ugly, it was really, really tasty, and I had no problem eating my body weight in brie, crackers, and baby carrots all afternoon. Whew!

(FYI: The little “nugget” looking things are extra puff pastry with a little raspberry jam inside – awesome.)

*****

Breakfast

This morning, I was craving something cold but was honestly feeling too lazy to pull out the blender and make a smoothie bowl…so I did the next best thing.

A pumpkin yogurt bowl:

• vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
  • pumpkin
  • banana slices
  • cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
  • crumbled honey graham Clif Z Bar
  • TJ’s Multigrain O’s

Of course, a mug of homemade pumpkin spice coffee to round out the meal.

Gotta jet, friends! Catch ya laterrrr. Smile

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Would you rather go on a date with Justin Bieber –OR- Simon Cowell?
  • Would you rather go shark diving –OR- climb Mount Everest?
  • Would you rather delete your Twitter account –OR- Facebook account?

Comments

Would you rather go on a date with Justin Bieber –OR- Simon Cowell? The Biebs. Hands down.

Would you rather go shark diving –OR- climb Mount Everest? Shark diving!!!!!

Would you rather delete your Twitter account –OR- Facebook account? Facebook. I’m kind of over it and no one’s pictures are nearly as entertaining to look at now that we’ve all graduated from college. I miss the drunked debauchery.
    Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Diner Breakfast

Yay for pastry nuggets! Haha. Brie in puff pastry might be one of the most delicious creations to ever exist. I love making it around the holidays! Add some crustry bread…mmmm.

I would delete my Twitter account because, um, I don’t have one :)
    Emma recently posted..Come On, Sushi!

Oooh, creamy cheese + raspberry is such an amazing combo! I can’t wait to try that with a vegan cream cheese.

Lessee…Cowell, shark diving fo sho, and twitter! (My twitter is just for my blog, and I need my FB to keep up with all of my friends!)
    Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..It Ended Right

Would you rather go on a date with Justin Bieber –OR- Simon Cowell?
    -DUH, the Biebs. no question.

Would you rather go shark diving –OR- climb Mount Everest?
    -SHARK DIVING!

Would you rather delete your Twitter account –OR- Facebook account?
    -Gosh. Probably Twitter. ALL my friends are on FB, but I only correspond with my blog friends on Twitter, for the most part. :)
    Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Sorry I Ruined It.

I think that pastry sounds delicious! :)

I’d rather go on a date with Justin. I think Simon is a little too harsh.
    I’d rather climb Mount Everest.
    I’d rather delete Facebook. I hate what they did with it. I can’t even figure out what I am looking at half the time.
    Hope recently posted..A Weekend Gone By Too Quick…

6. Ruthie Hart says

I was trying to figure out what the dish was before scrolling down and I couldn’t place it! Once I heard there was brie involved it looked DELISH! And holy NFL football!!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..Corn muffin casserole

The biebs !
    I’d rather go shark diving cause that movie vertical limit would totally freak me out climbing mt everest.
    All my friends are on Facebook but I like twitter better!

1. Simon Cowell. I honestly reeeally love him. I would probably choose him over a lot of other celebrities. Haha!

2. Probably shark diving. Eek.

3. I don’t even have a Twitter account, so I’ll go with that.

By the way, I think the brie + jam mess looks incredible. I know the pastry part has gluten, so it’s a good thing I wasn’t there yesterday. I would have had to stare at that deliciousness in jealously, with my mouth watering.

Ugly or not… It still looks tasty:)

1) Simon for Sure.
    2) Hm.. this One is hard. I’m not a fan of the cold, so I’d say shark diving.
    3) Hm. I’m not Sure. I love Facebook but twitter is growing on me..

10. TheBloggersBrother says

-Bieber? Really? Kids a waste.. so I will differ my answer to be between Selina Gomez and J-Lo, Selina Gomez all day please
    -I’ve already been shaek diving, no big deal, I know..
    -Facebook sucks, I’m over it.. twitter > facebook

Good day to you

• Courtney says

I agree, I’m over Facebook, too.

I like the switch up on the ladies…Selena’s a cutie.

Good day to YOU, little brother! :-D

• Courtney says

OMG…your comment about the moobs seriously made me laugh out loud. You totally caught me off guard on that one. LOVED it! ;)

Simon only because I cannot stand Justin Bieber, his music, plus he’s WAY too young. I would love to go shark diving. And, I’d delete Facebook because frankly I have days where I really want to anyway.

Ugly but tasty food is always great. You don’t feel bad making a mess because it already is one!
    Krissie J recently posted..Dogfish Dash 2011

I’m gonna say Simon, but ONLY because The Biebs would make me feel like a Cougar. Shark diving for sure – at least I could get it over with quickly. Climbing Mt. Everest would take forever. And I would delete Facebook. It’s getting a little old anyway…
    Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Fall Weekend

That brie/puff pastry/jam combo looks so good, I may have to try that!!!!

I’d have to go with Simon Cowell – I’d rather not feel like I”m robbing the cradle, or dating a boy with prettier hair than me.

Climb Mt. Everest – sharks scare the crap out of me!

I’d delete Facebook – I’ve been considering it a great deal lately. Seems everyone on there is so miserable, and Twitter is way more fun with way happier peeps.
    Samantha recently posted..A Hard Decision to Make

Maybe not neat, but they look delicious! Got any leftovers? =) Simon would get the date (I think it’d be illegal to date Justin too lol) Hm…shark diving could be fun as long as they safe nurse sharks. I’d delete twitter first, I’m sadly addicted to facebook.
    Rebecca recently posted..WIAW #7 and Dinner Hosting!

15. Kathryn says

Simon Cowell- I can’t stand beiber and would probably strangle him within 5 minutes.
    Shark Diving- I’d love to get up close with some of those beauties! Plus, I really don’t like the cold, lol
    Delete facebook- Maybe I’m growing up or maybe I’m just sick of all the FB drama, but I’d much rather tweet and sometimes do a status update on G+

1. the beibs…even though i would feel like a creepy old lady by doing so, at least i wouldn’t be scared to death. simon=scary. lol. and did you just hear about his super romantic date w/selena gomez? lol.

2. shark dive…..i think….

3. delete twitter. facebook is like a social lifeline. so sad. hahaha.
    Erica recently posted..OTV: ollie learns a new trick

Ohhh I think I would have to go with Simon. I just cannot stand Beiber.

Climb Mt. Everest! While it would be 58431622 times more challenging, and I am not afraid of sharks, it would be a crazy amazing experience.

TOUGH. I am so over FB but I think I would have to keep it just for the sole reason that my entire college life is documented via pictures.
    Meghan recently posted..A Few Words On Taper…

I need to get some Vanilla Chobani to make pumpkin yogurt bowls! It also makes a very tasty fruit dip! :)

I would rather go on a date with Justin Bieber, go shark diving, and delete my Facebook account after saving all of my pictures of course! lol.
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Week of Workouts