I Know I’m Not Alone

I have been on the GO all afternoon!

I had quite a few things that needed taking care of this afternoon, but luckily, I knew this ahead of time and ventured out well prepared.

I packed myself a “Monday Usual” which is pretty much the same lunch that I used to eat every.single.day. I’m glad I’ve since ventured into more exciting choices! Winking smile

But even still, since I really like spacing out my lunch throughout the afternoon, I love combining a bunch of different things that can be eaten at different times. It just works for me.

***

One of my adventures this afternoon brought me success in my quest to find some new weights. I stopped into Dick’s and first spotted these which, I’ll admit, are so nice and colorful.

But then I spotted these and realized that they were a few bucks cheaper than the pretty ones, so I saved a few pennies by going with the ugly ones.

Hey, I don’t care what the weights look like…I just care about what they make my muscles look like. Winking smile

And hopefully, with my selection of heavy-duty 10 pounders, I’ll start making some progress!

(If you are one of the ones who can curl 20 pounders with ease, feel free to giggle at my lack of muscle strength. It’s okay.)

I also tried scoping out the sneakers, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for, and after about 5 minutes of nobody coming over to attempt to help, I threw in the towel. At least I found half of what I’m looking for…?

***

My last stop of the afternoon has brought me to one of my favorite study spots…

Honestly, I’ve been having some difficulty concentrating and/or focusing while studying at home the past few days, so when Jay suggested last night that I try studying at Starbucks again, I realized he was onto something.

Of course, I’m sipping on a delicious iced coffee while I’m here; and yes, that’s a venti. I debated for about 0.2 seconds on getting a grande just for the mere sake of hiding the fact that I’m a coffee fiend, but then I realized a) I am a coffee fiend so who cares, and b) I know I’m not alone on this one! Winking smile

Now, it’s time to spend some quality time with my textbook and flash cards.

Wish me luck!

Questions for the Afternoon:

What size do you normally order when ordering a beverage out somewhere?

What items are you willing to spend a little extra on for their looks and/or a particular brand?

Comments

1. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

A large coffee is one of my study session requirements. I bought a vent sized Starbucks tumbler for my iced coffee and I sometimes feel like a tool carrying it around school, but a girl needs her caffeine!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Kicking off a Five Day Weekend

I probably am alone on this one because I don’t like (any kind of) coffee : /
    I bought weights recently and did the same thing you did. The pretty kind didn’t seem to matter since they’ll just be in my home for me to look at and use…One thing I’m willing to spend a little extra money on is jeans. I very rarely buy them but the quality for those is important to me!
    Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..WIAW#4

Always large especially when it comes to coffee!! I can’t get enough. I usually spend the most money on nice jeans the perfect fit are hard to come by and once I buy them I wear them often so their worth the splurge, for everything else I hit up Amazon.
    4loveofcarrots recently posted..Soulmate friend

Starbucks and Barnes&Noble were my go-to spots for studying for the GRE this time last year, and they definitely did me right. I attempted to work at home but the distractions just piled up (Studying sucks! I KNOW! I should reorganize all my underwear!)

If I’ll be using something daily (like weights, for instance) I’ll spring for the fancy but when it comes to something that only I see/use and not too often (like… a lighter for candles or a laundry basket) I’m not too worried.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Pure Barre: A Breakdown (by a First Timer)

5. Kathryn says

If it’s something I’m treating myself to, I’ll order the large. Though now that I’ve started weight watchers, I think that will be stopping, lol. One of the few things I just have to have name brand are my feminine hygiene products, my deodarant, and my razors. I’ll buy generic razors when money is super tight (cuz a 4 pack is like $12!!!!) but I prefer my name brand ones.

I sometimes will go to a coffee shop to get work done. Somehow its just more motivating having a cup of coffee and being in a ‘I must do work’ zone. I always opt for smaller sizes since I almost always have leftovers even of those. There are some things I am willing to spend extra on, but I try to find the best cost vs. quality product.
    Rebecca recently posted..Monday Dinner Hosting

I normally go for the grande. When I do the venti, I end up spending most of my afternoon in the bathroom peeing:) Way to get the ugly weights… I am always drawn to “pretty” products. My boyfriend always helps steer me towards the more reasonable choices. One thing I always buy brand name is cereal. I can taste the difference. But for canned goods, generic all the way.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..“What’s my age again?”

i totally agree on packing a lunch with a bunch of small items. it’s not only convenient, but it seems to keep my stomach satisfied, as well! and i tend to order the small size since it’s cheaper, but if i’m getting a plain coffee or a drink i know i really love, i’ll splurge for a medium :)
    jordan @ thedancingdonut recently posted..live a little.

I love snacking throughout the afternoon too! :) It is my favorite way to eat lunch.. not sure if that is a good thing or not. Oh well!

When I am out, I normally go for a medium or large drink. I figure… I’m paying more than it is worth anyway, so I might as well get what I want. Usually the price difference between sizes is not too big anywayy..
    Sweet and Savvy recently posted..WIAW Round 5ish?

I usually get a tall or small but sometimes I need the medium or large! It all depends on my mood, cravings, and tiredness.
    I’m willing to spend a little more on running shoes usually!
    Brittany recently posted..WIAW!

I did a Venti the other day…I always contemplate “do I stop drinking coffee” or “do I embrace it”?? You make it easier to embrace, my friend :-)

Sometimes study burnout happens to the best of us (hence why I am reading blogs and not reading for class tomorrow). You always need a break and switching up the environment is super helpful! I do like being at home because everything is here…but then EVERYTHING is here and it can be distracting! Best of luck!
    Claire recently posted..Birthday Recap

12. Kendall says

I walk around campus with my venti ice coffee and Monday I also debated getting a grande to hide the fact I am a coffee fiend. But I embraced my coffee love and let my fiend flag fly. Plus, if I got a grande it wouldn’t have lasted half as long! 😉

I have to go for a tall or I get overcaffeinated :(

For the weights, I’d spend a little extra because I need any incentive to get myself to lift them! The cuteness factor would definitely come into play! :)
    Melissa recently posted..Stick a Fork In Me

I usually go with a tall if I am taking it to go but if I am going to hang out and study I will get a grande. Right there with ya on the lack of muscle strength but we are all our own person! No sense in comparing ourselves to others in every aspect of life. At least that is the motto I am trying to learn to live by! :)
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Four to Go

Buying a venti is the economical option methinks..for like 20 cents more, you get like almost 50% more…talk about getting a bang for your buck! Starbucks is one of those places I know damn well they are robbing me blindly yet I don’t even question buying a drink!
    Khushboo recently posted..Go for goal!

Trackbacks