Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip

by Courtney on October 3, 2011

Aren’t these little guys adorable?

Yesterday, I spent a little time putting out some of my Halloween decorations, including these candy corn cuties. I ended up finding them at Kirklands a couple of years ago and they are easily one of my favorite Halloween decorations. I think I can totally relate to the cutie in the middle and definitely the one on the right.

*****

I’m not quite sure what’s up with the appetite today; one minute I’m hungry, the next minute I’m not. I wasn’t in the mood to put together a full lunch, so I’ve been doing a little snacking throughout the afternoon.

Snack #1 – Odwalla bar

I received a small package in the mail a couple of weeks ago from Odwalla, including a few of their latest White Chocolate Macadamia chewy nut bars. I’ve recently sort of fallen in love with the Odwalla bars, and this one is just as tasty. My favorite part is definitely the white chocolate chips…no doubt.

Snack #2 – Apple with Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip

Despite the fact that my apple browned up in about .5 seconds, this was one fantastic snack. At first, I was just going to pair the apple with some PB, but then I decided I wanted a bit more volume. So I grabbed a few ingredients and got a little experimental…and it worked!

It may not be my creamy fruit dip, and I’m sure that others have probably come up with something like this before, but it sure is tasty and I liked it!

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip for One

• 1/4 cup yogurt (I used Chobani plain nonfat)
  • 1/2 tablespoon PB2 (I’m sure that regular PB would work just as well and probably give it an even creamier consistency)
  • ~3 tablespoons pumpkin
  • Dash each of Truvia (or any sweetener of choice), cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice

Mix it all together and voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious, nutritious, pumpkiny dip for one.

I still had quite a bit left over after my apple was finished, so I scooped up the rest with some TJ’s’ cat cookies. Ummm, amazing!

Time for me to get back to my work…I’ve been pretty productive and don’t want to end up getting sucked into the vortex that is my Google Reader (since it’s definitely not difficult to do). Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday!

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your favorite way to eat an apple? Naked? Dipped in PB? In a sandwich? Baked?

1 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Oh yum that dip sounds great! And I love those little candy corn decorations :). Oftentimes I just eat my apple plain…but peanut butter is always great with one!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..A Chocolate A Day…

2 Jill Hanner October 3, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Yummy!!!

3 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I love that apples are delicious in a bunch of ways…raw with peanut butter and baked into apple crisp are my favorite ways to eat them : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..50/50 and baked goods

4 Lindsey October 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm

My favorite way to eat an apple right now, is on a Arnold thin bun you put PB on one side, and pumpkin butter on the other side, slice up the apple sprinkle on some cinnamon and then grill it! It is unbelievable!
Lindsey recently posted..It’s October?!

5 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love apples plain. In fact I just ate one for my morning snack! I also like them dipped in caramel (not very often) or almond butter when I’m at home! I love how crisp they are when they aren’t baked, but really could eat them any way!

6 Hope October 3, 2011 at 2:15 pm

That dip looks delicious! I love taking apple slices and dipping them in peanut butter. There is something about apples and peanut butter that make for the perfect snack! :) I cannot wait to go apple picking!
Hope recently posted..A Pumpkin Filled Morning…

7 Lauren October 3, 2011 at 2:16 pm

You read my mind. I was just thinking about a pumpkin dip. I just bought the new Stacy’s Gingerbread Pita chips (which are AMAZE!) and was thinking that a pumpkin dip would go beautifully with them.
Lauren recently posted..Not According To Plan

8 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm

that white chocolate macadamia bar looks great! that’s my favorite flavor clif + luna bar, so i’m sure i’d love the odwalla! at first i totally thought you wrote “this one is just nasty” instead of “just as tasty”… my eyes are strange today :P

my fav way to eat an apple= just plain! love it in all its natural glory
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Most Amazing Bread

9 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I tried your pumpkin oats for breakfast and they were great, I might just need to try this dip for an afternoon snack.

Those little candy corn guys are too cute!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Sailing on a Saturday Afternoon

10 Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy October 3, 2011 at 2:34 pm

That dip looks amazing! I love apples and peanut butter thats usually my go to. Otherwise I heat up a sliced apple and sprinkle it with cinnamon!
Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy recently posted..Lets meet for brunch

11 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm

What a great idea! And you gave me a way to use my new peanut flour from Chelsey. :)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What The Past 24 Hours Taught Me

12 Ruthie Hart October 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm

omg yum!! I made your pumpkin butter a while ago and I think I may have to make some more!!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Guest Post: Mrs. T, Naturally

13 Caitlin C. October 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm

OMG those little candy corn men are to die for. As soon as your post popped up in my Reader I instantly opened it up to comment on them!
Caitlin C. recently posted..October Opportunities

14 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 3, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I’m dying to try PB2 – I think today is the day I finally buy it!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Teavana Tea Review

15 Cait @ Cait hates Cake October 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm

My apples definitely need to be sliced. For some reason they are better that way. And dipped in something for sure. Peanut butter, caramel apple dip, and pumpkin dip are favorites!
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Dining and Wining

16 Erica October 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm

dipped in caramel! or in a yummy apple crumble…but i guess those are not the healthiest of choices ;p
Erica recently posted..furniture frenzy! (part 1)

17 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I took a break from apples for a while, it seemed like everytime I bought some, they were very mealy. Isn’t that the WORST!? I think I better give them another try, with this dip.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..The Last of the Pumpkin

18 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 3, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I just made a yogurt pumpkin dip yesterday! I didn’t even think of adding peanut butter, but I most definitely will next time around – that sounds like a great addition to it. I pretty much love apples every and any way. I mostly eat them “naked”, but I love them with some PB or fruit dip, baked, on sandwiches, etc. too!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Schmorgasborg of Deliciousness

19 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm

apples + almond butter are high on my snack list right now :) Just had one with lunch.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training week 3

20 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Hard to believe, but I haven’t had an apple in a LONG time! I used to eat one every day! My favorite way is either with peanut butter or plain. It’s hard to beat.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Recovery blues

21 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance October 3, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Still haven’t gotten that PB2 :( Why am I slacking!?
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mr. October

22 Casey @ oatsandnanners October 3, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Courtney! I literally just made up a batch of that yogurt dip, but I had to exclude the peanut butter (because I ran out!). Either way, it was delicious! I made sure to link it to your blog so you get all the credit you deserve — amazing! Thanks for the recipe
Casey @ oatsandnanners recently posted..Crispy Mornings & Cold Afternoons!

23 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm

That dip looks fantastic.

I love an apple naked, but they’re also great covered in caramel and dipped in peanuts. Yeah for caramel apples and I love that they’re selling them in the grocery store now!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Mexican Food Again? Oh Yeah!

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 3, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I love apples … not as much as I love bananas, but apples are definitely up there! ;) I like them plain (but I prefer to cut them with a knife, rather than biting right in haha!), or I like green apples sprinkled with a little salt. I also like spreading peanut butter on them. But the best is baked apples or apple pie. Yum!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Soup Cook-Off 2011

25 Liz October 3, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I looove mixing pumpkin and Greek yog with spices for a little snack. Add applesauce, it’s even better! Especially if there are cat cookies involved…
Liz recently posted..Apple & Chicken Sausage Chili

26 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm

That dip sounds wonderful! :) My favorite way to eat an apple is just cut up on its own most of the time!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..saucy squash and sausage

27 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 3, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I prefer my apples smothered in 10 tablespoons of Nutella!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sometimes you just have to!

28 Tara Deal October 3, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I made myself a yogurt bowl for breakfast the other day that was just like your dip!!! So tasty :) Definitely something that I will make again…as a dip and a bowl :)
Tara Deal recently posted..The Crock Pot Worked It’s Magic

29 Brittany October 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I can eat apples any way and be happy! This looks delicious!
Brittany recently posted..New Creations and a New Workout

30 Lauren B. October 3, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Creamy Peanut Butter or a tiny sprinkle of salt.

31 Katie @ Plates and Paste October 3, 2011 at 11:38 pm

With peanut butter! Your dip looks awesome, though…I need to try it :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Tampa Bay Hits a Homerun

32 Khushboo October 4, 2011 at 12:57 am

I can eat apples anyhow- love ‘em! One of my (many) favorite ways is sliced with peanut butter and choc chips. Another yum wa is with cinnamon-cooked apple that has been refrigerated and then topped with Greek yogurt and cereal–> feels like dessert!
Khushboo recently posted..You just know

33 Jenny October 4, 2011 at 8:22 am

Can’t wait to try this dip–yummy!!

34 Mac October 4, 2011 at 11:28 am

Mmmm that sounds super yummy! My favorite way to eat my apple is in slices dipped in either PB or a PB + chocolate mix! Mmm mmm mmm :)

35 Kristen October 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I love your fall decorations! I havent been able to find cute ones just yet

36 Samantha October 4, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I always dip my apples in PB. Im going to whip up some of this dip tonight though, for tomorrow’s apple. YUM!

37 Rhiannon September 22, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I love dipping mine in some greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter with a sprinkle of cocoa granola on top. That’s what made me search out a recipe that used pumpkin, also!