Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip! (see recipe below)

Aren’t these little guys adorable?

Yesterday, I spent a little time putting out some of my Halloween decorations, including these candy corn cuties. I ended up finding them at Kirklands a couple of years ago and they are easily one of my favorite Halloween decorations. I think I can totally relate to the cutie in the middle and definitely the one on the right.

*****

I’m not quite sure what’s up with the appetite today; one minute I’m hungry, the next minute I’m not. I wasn’t in the mood to put together a full lunch, so I’ve been doing a little snacking throughout the afternoon.

Snack #1 – Odwalla bar

I received a small package in the mail a couple of weeks ago from Odwalla, including a few of their latest White Chocolate Macadamia chewy nut bars. I’ve recently sort of fallen in love with the Odwalla bars, and this one is just as tasty. My favorite part is definitely the white chocolate chips…no doubt.

Snack #2 – Apple with Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip

Despite the fact that my apple browned up in about .5 seconds, this was one fantastic snack. At first, I was just going to pair the apple with some PB, but then I decided I wanted a bit more volume. So I grabbed a few ingredients and got a little experimental…and it worked!

It may not be my creamy fruit dip, and I’m sure that others have probably come up with something like this before, but it sure is tasty and I liked it!

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip for One

• 1/4 cup yogurt (I used Chobani plain nonfat)
  • 1/2 tablespoon PB2 (I’m sure that regular PB would work just as well and probably give it an even creamier consistency)
  • ~3 tablespoons pumpkin
  • Dash each of Truvia (or any sweetener of choice), cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice

Mix it all together and voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious, nutritious, pumpkiny dip for one.

I still had quite a bit left over after my apple was finished, so I scooped up the rest with some TJ’s’ cat cookies. Ummm, amazing!

Time for me to get back to my work…I’ve been pretty productive and don’t want to end up getting sucked into the vortex that is my Google Reader (since it’s definitely not difficult to do). Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday!

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your favorite way to eat an apple? Naked? Dipped in PB? In a sandwich? Baked?

Comments

My favorite way to eat an apple right now, is on a Arnold thin bun you put PB on one side, and pumpkin butter on the other side, slice up the apple sprinkle on some cinnamon and then grill it! It is unbelievable!
    Lindsey recently posted..It’s October?!

You read my mind. I was just thinking about a pumpkin dip. I just bought the new Stacy’s Gingerbread Pita chips (which are AMAZE!) and was thinking that a pumpkin dip would go beautifully with them.
    Lauren recently posted..Not According To Plan

that white chocolate macadamia bar looks great! that’s my favorite flavor clif + luna bar, so i’m sure i’d love the odwalla! at first i totally thought you wrote “this one is just nasty” instead of “just as tasty”… my eyes are strange today 😛

my fav way to eat an apple= just plain! love it in all its natural glory
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Most Amazing Bread

I just made a yogurt pumpkin dip yesterday! I didn’t even think of adding peanut butter, but I most definitely will next time around – that sounds like a great addition to it. I pretty much love apples every and any way. I mostly eat them “naked”, but I love them with some PB or fruit dip, baked, on sandwiches, etc. too!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Schmorgasborg of Deliciousness

I love apples … not as much as I love bananas, but apples are definitely up there! 😉 I like them plain (but I prefer to cut them with a knife, rather than biting right in haha!), or I like green apples sprinkled with a little salt. I also like spreading peanut butter on them. But the best is baked apples or apple pie. Yum!!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Soup Cook-Off 2011

I can eat apples anyhow- love ’em! One of my (many) favorite ways is sliced with peanut butter and choc chips. Another yum wa is with cinnamon-cooked apple that has been refrigerated and then topped with Greek yogurt and cereal–> feels like dessert!
    Khushboo recently posted..You just know

Mmmm that sounds super yummy! My favorite way to eat my apple is in slices dipped in either PB or a PB + chocolate mix! Mmm mmm mmm :)

8. Rhiannon says

I love dipping mine in some greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter with a sprinkle of cocoa granola on top. That’s what made me search out a recipe that used pumpkin, also!

Trackbacks