No Appeal

Boy, I’ll tell ya…this morning has been one of those mornings where I *really* need to keep looking for those little things. Technology and I are not exactly the best of friends so far today, so if you are actually reading this post, then that means we’re at least making progress. That being said, here’s the post that was supposed to go up this morning…only I had to re-type it and lost some of my photos from this morning, so it’s slightly different. Ok, here we go!

Do you ever have those days where there is absolutely no workout that sounds appealing to you? Man, they are the pits!

This morning when I woke up, there really wasn’t anything in particular that came to mind, but I figured once I got dressed and started movin’, I’d eventually find my mojo…but no such luck.

I started and stopped two different videos from Exercise on Demand before finally deciding on these two:

I made it through these workouts fine, but I really wasn’t enjoying them like I usually do, which was sort f strange. Either way, I had already known that I wanted to incorporate some yoga today because HOLY MOLY are my muscles tight. Adding a second (or third) day of yoga every week wouldn’t be a bad idea, so hopefully I can get my act together and do that.

Actually, I was just recently sent a copy of this Yoga Bootcamp from Exercise TV to try out, so maybe I’ll give a few of these videos a go. Has anyone else tried any of these?

I know I’ve seen them available on Demand, but just haven’t checked them out yet. From the looks of it, it appears as though this DVD series has a 28-Day Plan similar to the 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme that I just finished up, but much less intense. I don’t think I’ll be committing to any challenges at the moment, but I’ll definitely give some of them a try!

Are you sick of looking at eggs and pumpkin gingerbread yet?

Well, sorry ’bout that, because I still have about 1/4 loaf of bread left, and I’m still just as much in love was I was a few days ago. Especially when it’s topped with cinnamon raisin peanut butter.

I give it until Friday before it’s demolished.

*Did you guys happen to notice today’s ketchup face? Originally, it was a scared face, but I think after my morning, it’s a good way of represetnting my feelings towards technology at the moment. Sheesh!

Alright, thanks for letting me vent a little bit about my technological issues today. Hey, sometimes we can’t win ’em all, right? Luckily, one little positive in my morning came in the form of a nice, hot hazelnut coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts. So I guess it hasn’t been allll bad. 😉

Questions for the Morning:

Do you incorporate yoga into your workout routine? If so, how often do you practice?

When was your last “run-in” with technology?

Ugh, technology can be so frustrating! I’ve been fighting with my phone lately. Time to upgrade as a Christmas present???

I don’t do yoga nearly as much as I should. I feel amazing after it! Maybe I’ll make it a goal to practice at home once-twice a week and then take a monthly unlimited pass once I’m done training for my 5k.
    Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..To Race or Not to Race?

I thought it was a frustrated face too!! I really wanna truy the pumpkin gingerbread now it looks so yummy!
    I used to do yoga 3-4 times a week but my schedule lately has been so busy I can only do it 1-2.. but I want to get back into my groove because I lovveeeee it!
    Meg recently posted..Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

You can always send me that last bit of pumpkin gingerbread if your readers are sick of it 😉

I may be an Aerospace Engineer, but there is a lot of technology that I’m a huge dummy with…if our internet goes out, I’m like a deer in headlights. I just sit and will it to come back =P
    Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..WIAW: Baby Shower Edition

4. Erika says

Hi Courtney!

Two things as a first time commenter:

Do people tell you, you look like Minka Kelly?

Where did you get that pumpkin stencil for the bat? or did you do it yourself?

• Courtney says

Hi Erika!

I don’t think I’ve ever been told I look like Minka Kelly – but I certainly wouldn’t mind it!

And yes, I definitely used a stencil for my bat carving. I’d like to think I’m somewhat artsy, but I’m not THAT good! :)

• Courtney says

That’s actually what it was supposed to be…I had another photo with a scary pumpkin-ghost statue behind it this morning 😉

Totally feeling you on the lack of workouts being appealing except that for me it has resulted in very few workouts over the past few weeks. Gotta get back into the habit!

My last run-in with technology took place last week when my darling cat knocked over a glass of water, which, of course, was sitting right beside my computer. While it was still working at that point, an hour later, it was no longer functional. After three days of letting it dry out, still no go and it is now being fixed – under warranty, thankfully!
    Needless to say, my cat got the stink eye for a couple of days and I’ve learned to never leave unattended glasses of water by my computer again.
    Danielle @ Dish’n’dash recently posted..Sharon & George’s Wedding Recap

6. Yaara says

OMG! yes–I totally agree with the above comment–you do look like Minka Kelly–a lot. I’m sorry things started out kind of icky today. I definitely had a morning like that myself–where nothing in my life seems to be going right. And–I totally have been there where I go through what workout I want to do and each one seems to not hit me. It gets better. Hopefully your day is going better already.

I’m definately not sick of seeing the pumpkin gingerbread, but I do have a question…how are you able to be so good about not eating it all day long? When I bake I tend to pick on it all day and not have much control!
    Tina recently posted..Temptation

I LOVE yoga. I do it at LEAST once a week. Sometimes it’s hard for me to get into it because I love fast paced cardio, but I always feel so much more relaxed after. I love the after feeling of it most. I’m a big fan of P90x’s Yoga disc & TurboFire 40 Minute Stretch which is essentially a yoga routine.

I was feeling exactly the same way yesterday – no workouts sounded appealing to me. When that happens, I usually just force myself to do a quick but intense circuit workout to get my blood pumpin’ or I give myself a rest day if I feel I really need it. Today I woke up feeling much more motivated and excited about my workout. I guess sometimes it just happens.

I honestly rarely do yoga. I’m just not a huge fan. I wish I enjoyed it more because I’m sure it’d be great for me. I think I should probably find a different type of yoga to try out… Maybe I just haven’t given it much of a chance.

I’m sorry about your technological issues! Recently I got a virus on my laptop, and I wanted to throw it across the room I was so frustrated! Technology can be such a bittersweet thing!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #6: Seasonal Foods

Good luck with our good friend technology today, it can be one of the most frustrating things because we seem so helpless against it!

Yoga – wish I could say I did it often, but I don’t. I had a month free at a yoga studio and loved it but between running and x-training I just can’t muster up the time!
    Cara @ EAT.PRAY.RUN. recently posted..Behold the Mighty Bowl of Soup

I need to start incorporating some sort of yoga because my muscles have been much tighter since I’ve started running. Problem is, I’m literally the least flexible person I know. I have run-ins with technology every single day because my work systems are so slowww and glitchy at times. They should be happy I haven’t gone Office Space on my computer yet :)
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..‘In Time’ Movie Screening

I love yoga–particularly Bethenny Frankel’s DVDs. I feel like that is a yoga-cop-out, but there is a real instructor there, too. Plus they’re a good workout AND Bethenny makes you laugh the entire time!

My last run-in with technology? I couldn’t get things to properly print for my law school applications. To say that I was freaking out is an understatement. Luckily, a very patient tech support guy helped me and it was all sorted out!
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Oy to the Vey

Technology is in a world of its own! Yesterday for the longest time, WordPress was giving me issues. Every time I tried to preview my post, I kept getting the message “sorry the page you are looking for cannot be found”…grrr!

I did one of the bootcamp yoga workouts. I think it was the upper body one that the guy instructs. It was killer! There were moves in there that would take me years to be able to pull off. I’m not really interested in trying it again but only because I was frustrated that I couldn’t do all of the poses. I have three DVD’s by Ashley Turner that I love but I haven’t tried her bootcamp yoga because it seems like more of a relaxation/stretching yoga as opposed to a power yoga and I have been feeling the power yoga lately! Can’t wait to see what you think!
    Shana recently posted..Hold the whine.