He’s Getting So Big

by Courtney on October 31, 2011

After my trip to Target this afternoon, I had a very important pit stop to make with some very important people to see…

Baby Logan! I still can’t believe it’s been almost two months since he’s been born…he’s getting so big already.

Of course, Aunt Courtney had to get her hands on him and sniff his forehead like crazy because she loves baby scents. Winking smile

We even had some fun making faces at each other, too.

IMG_9437IMG_9438

Mama Heather and Baby Logan are doing very well, and tomorrow is actually Heather’s first day back to work, so I was glad I had the opportunity to stop over for a visit. While I was there, Heather made me a delicious “skinny” vanilla latte from her snazzy espresso maker, which I now want.

The machine seemed much easier that I thought it would be and all I’m sayin’ is that I would definitely be okay with a little more foam in my life. That stuff was GOOD.

Since I knew I was going to be out for a while through lunch time, I quickly grabbed a couple snacks while running out the door.

What? You don’t travel with bags of baby carrots and ripe bananas in your passenger seat? I was glad I thought to grab them because I ended up being quite hungry mid-afternoon and ate all of it. And, obviously, since that’s no “lunch,” I’m about to go grab something else to cure my rumbling tummy.

As a side note, I am happy to say that I only ended up buying two things that were not on my original Target list this morning.

Damn you, candy corn. You get me every time. This is my second bag of the season, which I guess isn’t too bad, but still…it’s just so darn good.

*****

*To give you guys a quick update from this morning’s incident, it turns out that the guy passed away. It really is such a sad, sad incident and I really feel awful for his family.

*****

Now that I’m back home, it’s time to devote the rest of my afternoon to studying. Hopefully I can keep focused!

Question for the Afternoon:

Do you usually shop with a list or just go freestyle?

For my fellow caffeine-lovers: coffee or espresso (latte)?

1 Kathryn October 31, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Coffee, unless it’s a caramel macchiatto. For some reason, the espresso is super harsh on my stomach and it always tastes REALLY bitter. There’s never enough…ANYTHING in the cup to take away the taste. *sigh* oh well.

2 Julie October 31, 2011 at 2:39 pm

That baby is just too darn cute….there’s something about babies in Halloween costumes that gets me everytime…that and candy corn! :) Haha.

3 Tina October 31, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Such a cutie!

Wow! That’s terrible about that guy passing. Did you find out exactly what the cause of his passing was?
Tina recently posted..Negativity

4 Courtney October 31, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I’ve heard speculation of cardiac arrest, but I’m still not totally sure what was going on…

5 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 31, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I do the same things when I’m holding a baby. They always smell so darned good. I can’t wait to have my own, then I can sniff all I want!

I have to a shopping list for the stuff I need but I always end up adding other stuff to my cart, mostly because I remember things I need when I’m there and I’m an impulse buyer. Nasty, expensive habit.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Happy Halloween!

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 31, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Coffee in the morning but anytime after 1pm it as to be an espresso type drink. I’m oddly anal about no “regular” coffee in the afternoon. I have no idea why.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training: week 7

7 Hope October 31, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Aw! He is so cute! I love babies. I’m getting my baby fill this weekend. One of my bridemaids has a daughter who will be a year in December. I haven’t seen her in months and I cannot wait!! :)

I usually shop with a list but when I’m in Target, my list never seems to matter. Random things always end up in my cart. ;)

I’m more of a coffee drinker or if I’m at Starbucks I usually go for a soy misto.
Hope recently posted..A Newman’s Own Kind of Pre-Halloween Night…

8 Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) October 31, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Definitely shop with a list! I usually write one and type it in my iPhone in case I forget the written one ha.

And oh my goodness, I feel bad for that woman who tased him too! I can’t imagine what she might be thinking??? Poor guy. and everyone who witnessed. :(
Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Setting Goals

9 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count October 31, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Found the story on Wall Street Journal just FYI since you were there…

Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count recently posted..Official Candy Inspector

10 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Your story from this morning was so scary… and such a shame. Keeping his family in my thoughts, too. I only shop with a list if I’m making a specific recipe. I like coffee most mornings but espresso if it’s a second cup/afternoon treat.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Halloweekend Recap

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks October 31, 2011 at 3:06 pm

That story is so crazy. I’m definitely a paper list person, digital just isn’t the same. Although I drink coffee at work, I would rather have an espresso or a dirty chai any day :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Slow Songs for Long Runs

12 Sarah Bittorf October 31, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I miss candy corn so much!! None here in Europe – actually Halloween really isn’t celebrated!

Such a sad story about the man from this morning.
Sarah Bittorf recently posted..The answer is…

13 Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me October 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Oh no! That is so sad. :( Did the news say what happened?

I must go to the store with a list, otherwise I know I’ll forget something!
Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Snow Came Early

14 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 31, 2011 at 3:22 pm

So sad. What an awful incident.

On a lighter note, WHY is candy corn so addictive?!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Question and Answer, Round One

15 Shayla @ The Good Life October 31, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Omg that is just so so sad…my prayers go out to his family.

What is it about foam on a latte?! So so good! And I am all about lattes, love them! There’s just something extra special about them ;)

And I love the baby pics, he’s such a cutie and there’s nothing better than that baby scent :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday Lovin’

16 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 31, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I always shop with a list, but if I make it out of Target without buying non-listed items it’s a serious victory!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..treasure of wisdom #16

17 Brigitt October 31, 2011 at 3:31 pm

definitely latte! Even though I just burnt my tongue on a latte about 5 minutes ago =(
Brigitt recently posted..Fun- and Food-Filled Weekend

18 Lindsey October 31, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I love my lists :) Oh and my lattes – two of my favorite things!
Lindsey recently posted..Halloween Fun!

19 Aleksandra @ Diary of a Liveaboard October 31, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Gosh, that’s terrible about the guy from this morning.

In response to your question, I always shop with a list, but I leave room for embellishment. Especially grocery shopping. If there are beautiful avocados that look perfectly ripe, or something else that catches my eye, I’ll omit stuff on my list and build a spur-of-the-moment meal on that item. I like to take inspiration from the grocery store. :)
Aleksandra @ Diary of a Liveaboard recently posted..Misty is so spoiled…

20 Brooke @ Waiting to Rise October 31, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Wow…so sad about that guy’s passing….yikes!

But, to answer your questions…I totally totally shop with a list (though like you, I usually find a thing or two that isn’t on there). I actually usually plan for those miscellaneous items…by just drawing 1 or 2 dashes in a certain spot on my list (I don’t list by aisle, but by things like “produce, dairy, frozen, grocery, meat”). It definitely works…helps me stay on budget…which in my tight budget world…every little bit counts!
Brooke @ Waiting to Rise recently posted..Pumpkin and Bacon Risotto

21 Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel October 31, 2011 at 4:01 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel recently posted..Trick-Or-Treat Candy Bowl

22 Claire October 31, 2011 at 4:04 pm

That little Logan is so stinking cute…Logan is one of my favorite boy baby names, too ;-) Something about baby bibs gets me every time along with sniffing their heads (<—we all do this, right?). I'm going to remain "on task" and answer the questions you posted!
1. I ALWAYS make lists and usually stick to them except for the rogue bag of dark chocolate chips that sometimes get snagged…my lists are super detailed, so I can get in and out (like a race with myself)!
2. I love coffee and know you and I share that passion but the occasional latte is great. I just tried the Keurig machine for the first time this past weekend at my boyfriend's Mom's house (his little sister had a great time making them for me). I want one…and now that I saw the espresso machine, I want that, too!
Claire recently posted..life made lovely monday

23 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 31, 2011 at 4:11 pm

What a cutie pie!!
I bought that pumpkin candle for a giveaway awhile back, and it smells SO GOOD! I almost bought another one for myself too – it was so hard not to.
I usually always shop with a list because otherwise I forget stuff or buy stuff we don’t need. I’m just a “list person” in general though too.
I’m a fan of espresso lattes for sure, but I’ll never turn down coffee either. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Old School Halloween Photos

24 Shannon @ Healthiful Balance October 31, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Aw, Logan is such a cutie! :)
Shannon @ Healthiful Balance recently posted..“The Photoshop Effect”

25 Amanda October 31, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I’m definitely a list person–keeps me organized and stops me from buying on impulse! I usually stray from my list with a couple of things (candy corn would most definitely be acceptable in my book).

Happy Halloween! :)
Amanda recently posted..A Halloween Treat…

26 Cara @ EAT.PRAY.RUN. October 31, 2011 at 4:35 pm

That’s just so heavy about what you witnessed this morning and what happened. Too hard to understand!

On a lighter note my sister has an espresso machine and I want to steal it. She would totally be on to me though ;)
Cara @ EAT.PRAY.RUN. recently posted..I’m Not a Gym Member

27 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 31, 2011 at 4:55 pm

yes, dang you candy corn. I now have a craving because it just gets in my mind and won’t leave! Haha!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Moral Of The Story

28 Erica October 31, 2011 at 5:03 pm

both! coffee and/or espresso!
i try to shop w/ a list, but it never goes as planned :/

funny! my friend’s newborn is named logan and he has that same bib!!!
Erica recently posted..a trip down halloween lane

29 Shannon October 31, 2011 at 5:14 pm

LIST!! If I shop without a list…..it’s BAD news! haha

and I’m a caffeine addict..coffee all the way! I don’t like espresso’s but I do love the occational Latte – Skinny Hazelnut or Pumpkin Spice at Starbucks =)

30 Britt October 31, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Oh no, he died! Thats so sad…

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 31, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Aw, such a cutie!

I cannot enter Target without a list (although I do quite frequently). I end up buying waaay too much!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Snow Day

32 Paige @ Running Around Normal October 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Logan is such a cutie pie!!!
And I think you just set a record for Target, Courtney!! ;)

33 Shannon October 31, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Awwwwww, he’s adorable!

Oh, to answer your question, I usually shop w/ a list and buy only things that are on sale- no exceptions for me. Candy corn is my weakness, though. You can only eat so much of it and then you get sick of it. :(

34 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 31, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Wow that is the craziest story about that guy!! :( You’re probably right … he was probably on some kind of drugs. And maybe the drugs + the taser really affected his heart. Very sad.
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Thanksgiving "Must.”

35 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 31, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Woo hoo! Nice job sticking to your list at Target! I always make a list but usually end up getting a couple of impulse items when I’m at the store. I prefer coffee most of the time but occasionally a latte is just so good! :)
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..october foodie penpals

36 Lauren October 31, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I just caught up from your post this morning. Oh my goodness, what a TERRIBLE story!!! How scary that must have been. :( Glad you are okay though.

It sounds like you needed some baby love after that craziness this morning. :)
Lauren recently posted..In the Spirit of Halloween

37 Khushboo November 1, 2011 at 12:44 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves baby scents- I actually went through a phase of buying Johnson baby Powder for my own personal use….heavenly!
Khushboo recently posted..Happy Holla-ween