He’s Getting So Big

After my trip to Target this afternoon, I had a very important pit stop to make with some very important people to see…

Baby Logan! I still can’t believe it’s been almost two months since he’s been born…he’s getting so big already.

Of course, Aunt Courtney had to get her hands on him and sniff his forehead like crazy because she loves baby scents. Winking smile

We even had some fun making faces at each other, too.

IMG_9437IMG_9438

Mama Heather and Baby Logan are doing very well, and tomorrow is actually Heather’s first day back to work, so I was glad I had the opportunity to stop over for a visit. While I was there, Heather made me a delicious “skinny” vanilla latte from her snazzy espresso maker, which I now want.

The machine seemed much easier that I thought it would be and all I’m sayin’ is that I would definitely be okay with a little more foam in my life. That stuff was GOOD.

Since I knew I was going to be out for a while through lunch time, I quickly grabbed a couple snacks while running out the door.

What? You don’t travel with bags of baby carrots and ripe bananas in your passenger seat? I was glad I thought to grab them because I ended up being quite hungry mid-afternoon and ate all of it. And, obviously, since that’s no “lunch,” I’m about to go grab something else to cure my rumbling tummy.

As a side note, I am happy to say that I only ended up buying two things that were not on my original Target list this morning.

Damn you, candy corn. You get me every time. This is my second bag of the season, which I guess isn’t too bad, but still…it’s just so darn good.

*****

*To give you guys a quick update from this morning’s incident, it turns out that the guy passed away. It really is such a sad, sad incident and I really feel awful for his family.

*****

Now that I’m back home, it’s time to devote the rest of my afternoon to studying. Hopefully I can keep focused!

Question for the Afternoon:

Do you usually shop with a list or just go freestyle?

For my fellow caffeine-lovers: coffee or espresso (latte)?

Comments

1. Kathryn says

Coffee, unless it’s a caramel macchiatto. For some reason, the espresso is super harsh on my stomach and it always tastes REALLY bitter. There’s never enough…ANYTHING in the cup to take away the taste. *sigh* oh well.

2. Julie says

That baby is just too darn cute….there’s something about babies in Halloween costumes that gets me everytime…that and candy corn! :) Haha.

I do the same things when I’m holding a baby. They always smell so darned good. I can’t wait to have my own, then I can sniff all I want!

I have to a shopping list for the stuff I need but I always end up adding other stuff to my cart, mostly because I remember things I need when I’m there and I’m an impulse buyer. Nasty, expensive habit.
    Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Happy Halloween!

Aw! He is so cute! I love babies. I’m getting my baby fill this weekend. One of my bridemaids has a daughter who will be a year in December. I haven’t seen her in months and I cannot wait!! :)

I usually shop with a list but when I’m in Target, my list never seems to matter. Random things always end up in my cart. 😉

I’m more of a coffee drinker or if I’m at Starbucks I usually go for a soy misto.
    Hope recently posted..A Newman’s Own Kind of Pre-Halloween Night…

Definitely shop with a list! I usually write one and type it in my iPhone in case I forget the written one ha.

And oh my goodness, I feel bad for that woman who tased him too! I can’t imagine what she might be thinking??? Poor guy. and everyone who witnessed. :(
    Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Setting Goals

Omg that is just so so sad…my prayers go out to his family.

What is it about foam on a latte?! So so good! And I am all about lattes, love them! There’s just something extra special about them 😉

And I love the baby pics, he’s such a cutie and there’s nothing better than that baby scent :)
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday Lovin’

Gosh, that’s terrible about the guy from this morning.

In response to your question, I always shop with a list, but I leave room for embellishment. Especially grocery shopping. If there are beautiful avocados that look perfectly ripe, or something else that catches my eye, I’ll omit stuff on my list and build a spur-of-the-moment meal on that item. I like to take inspiration from the grocery store. :)
    Aleksandra @ Diary of a Liveaboard recently posted..Misty is so spoiled…

Wow…so sad about that guy’s passing….yikes!

But, to answer your questions…I totally totally shop with a list (though like you, I usually find a thing or two that isn’t on there). I actually usually plan for those miscellaneous items…by just drawing 1 or 2 dashes in a certain spot on my list (I don’t list by aisle, but by things like “produce, dairy, frozen, grocery, meat”). It definitely works…helps me stay on budget…which in my tight budget world…every little bit counts!
    Brooke @ Waiting to Rise recently posted..Pumpkin and Bacon Risotto

That little Logan is so stinking cute…Logan is one of my favorite boy baby names, too 😉 Something about baby bibs gets me every time along with sniffing their heads (<—we all do this, right?). I'm going to remain "on task" and answer the questions you posted!
    1. I ALWAYS make lists and usually stick to them except for the rogue bag of dark chocolate chips that sometimes get snagged…my lists are super detailed, so I can get in and out (like a race with myself)!
    2. I love coffee and know you and I share that passion but the occasional latte is great. I just tried the Keurig machine for the first time this past weekend at my boyfriend's Mom's house (his little sister had a great time making them for me). I want one…and now that I saw the espresso machine, I want that, too!
    Claire recently posted..life made lovely monday

What a cutie pie!!
    I bought that pumpkin candle for a giveaway awhile back, and it smells SO GOOD! I almost bought another one for myself too – it was so hard not to.
    I usually always shop with a list because otherwise I forget stuff or buy stuff we don’t need. I’m just a “list person” in general though too.
    I’m a fan of espresso lattes for sure, but I’ll never turn down coffee either. 😉
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Old School Halloween Photos

I’m definitely a list person–keeps me organized and stops me from buying on impulse! I usually stray from my list with a couple of things (candy corn would most definitely be acceptable in my book).

Happy Halloween! :)
    Amanda recently posted..A Halloween Treat…

LIST!! If I shop without a list…..it’s BAD news! haha

and I’m a caffeine addict..coffee all the way! I don’t like espresso’s but I do love the occational Latte – Skinny Hazelnut or Pumpkin Spice at Starbucks =)

13. Shannon says

Awwwwww, he’s adorable!

Oh, to answer your question, I usually shop w/ a list and buy only things that are on sale- no exceptions for me. Candy corn is my weakness, though. You can only eat so much of it and then you get sick of it. :(