Quickie

by Courtney on November 8, 2011

Good Morning! Happy Tuesday!

I don’t know about you, but this morning I decided to forego a workout in favor of a few lovely extra ZZZ’s. I’ve got eight hours of sleep under my belt now, which is a good thing, because I’ve got a long day ahead of me!

To kick start the morning, I decided to make a breakfast switcheroo. As much as I’ve been enjoying my egg, cheese, and jam sandwiches lately, I was feeling the need for a little extra variety this morning.

I prepped a batch of Voluminous Pumpkin Oats, added it to my almost empty peanut butter jar, and topped it with some Love Grown Foods granola. This breakfast will never, ever get old.

I’ll tell ya, you know you’ve definitely got some volume in your breakfast when it can fill an entire (almost empty) peanut butter jar. That’s what I’m talkin’ about!

Sorry to make this morning’s post such a quickie (which is the reason for the post title…dirty minds if you thought something different!) – I’m running a little behind schedule and don’t want to be late, which I’m pretty sure is messing with my writing mojo. I am having total writers block this morning!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER (icky food addition!):

• Sticky oatmeal –OR- runny scrambled eggs?
  • Week-old cheese –OR- super brown lettuce?
  • A cup of freezer-burned ice cream –OR- a piece of your favorite candy that fell on the sidewalk for 10 seconds?

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life November 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Your oats look great! What kind of peanut butter is that?

I would go for the sticky oatmeal, I hate runny eggs!
Depending on what kind of cheese, a week may not make it so old, so I think I’ll choose the cheese.
I would take the candy. There’s a 5 second rule, why not extend it a little as long as the sidewalk looks relatively clean.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Foods and Kids

2 Kelly November 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Sticky oatmeal is how I like my oatmeal anyway! haha!!

3 Jenny November 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Freezer burned ice-cream. It’s still ice cream which means it’s still going to be delicious :)

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 8, 2011 at 9:25 am

runny eggs (i’m strange like that)
week-old cheese (considering cheese is just mold anyway!)
and candy (i’m not a germaphobe!)

have a fabulous day!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..The Most Gorgeous Run

5 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life November 8, 2011 at 9:29 am

Your post title should get a lot of visitors ;-) !

I am having oats for bfast, too. Perfect for cool fall weather! Have a great day!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Mine is Bigger than Yours…

6 Erin November 8, 2011 at 9:31 am

Is it wrong that week old cheese doesn’t sound icky?

7 Courtney November 8, 2011 at 9:36 am

Haha, should I change it to month long maybe? ;)

8 Lauren B. November 8, 2011 at 9:36 am

Sticky oatmeal, week old cheese, and candy. Yum! :)

9 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 8, 2011 at 9:42 am

sticky oatmeal definitely! I actually don’t really mind sticky oatmeal..I know that’s kind of weird haha
and oats in a jar are the BEST yumm!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Busy Day!

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 8, 2011 at 9:45 am

Hahaha! You got creative with these! ….Sticky oatmeal, week old cheese (rotten lettuce can make you UBER sick) and the candy on the goround. I’m weird, I know this ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..This is what dreams are made of…..

11 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

Runny scrambled eggs! I only like oatmeal when it is just right!

Freezer-burned ice cream is the worst!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Looking For A Tan?

12 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 8, 2011 at 9:52 am

I agree – OIAJ will never get old!

I’d rather have sticky oats.
I think I’d rather have week old cheese. Although both options sound so gross to me!
I’d definitely rather have a piece of my candy that fell on the sidewalk for 10 seconds. That stuff doesn’t really bother me. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Introducing… Trainer Tuesday!

13 Lou November 8, 2011 at 9:53 am

Ah I also slept in today… til 11:30am (live in Europe)! It feels so good letting your body get the sleep it craves :)

Sticky oats – don’t mind them like that actually!
Cheese – hey, I’m sire it’s still good!
Ice cream – it should still taste good, if not add toppings!

Enjoy your day :)

14 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 8, 2011 at 9:54 am

I would most definitely roll with the oatmeal, cheese, and ice cream…not that I’ve eaten them like that *cough cough*. I haven’t gotten sick yet lol :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Hello, Darkness

15 Khushboo November 8, 2011 at 9:58 am

I love sticky old…and as for cheese, the stinkier/older the better!
Khushboo recently posted..Do your boss a favor

16 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 8, 2011 at 10:05 am

Oatmeal, cheese, and ice cream – you can scrape off the freezer burn!

Hope your day goes smoothly! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Roasted Eggplant Spread

17 Hope November 8, 2011 at 10:20 am

I would say sticky oatmeal, definitely cheese, and candy because freezer burn is awful! Happy Tuesday! :)
Hope recently posted..Make New Friends But Keep The Old…

18 Arie November 8, 2011 at 10:36 am

Im learning to like oatmeal and would vote for the candy, freezer burn is not fun!

19 Jenny @ HealthyMOChick November 8, 2011 at 11:19 am

Those oats look yummy. P.S. A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste :)

20 Victoria November 8, 2011 at 11:39 am

Loved your headline! I’m that person. I went there!! LOL

I think I would do the sticky oatmeal.

21 Cait @ Cait hates Cake November 8, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Freezer-burned ice cream. I live in Chicago. Our sidewalks…ugh!
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Fall Back

22 Meg November 8, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Sticky Oatmeal (i like it better that way!)
Week old cheese (i have done this before? Doesn’t cheese last longer than a week?)
Candy… 10 second rule duh!
Also I tried a buckwheat bowl this weekend…. changed ma morning breakfast outlook forevaaa! Sank ya Courtney!
Meg recently posted..“Have You Heard About THAT Team?” Rivalries in the NFC North

23 Kim @ The Family Practice November 8, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I’m with Meg, I thought cheese lasted longer than a week ….
Is that coconut on top of your pumpkin oats? What is that?
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Rootbeer Float Pops

24 Courtney November 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Yeah, you girls are right – I should have made it MONTH old cheese. ;)

And yes Kim, that is some coconut shreds on top of my oats! The Love Grown Foods granola always has coconut in it….SO good!

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 8, 2011 at 12:50 pm

My oatmeal ALWAYS fills my entire jar! I love it!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..maple infused butternut squash and apples

26 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled November 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I love when my oatmeal fills up the entire jar. I haven’t been able to stomach oatmeal or pumpkin since getting pregnant, but I’m thinking I need to try some OOIAJ tomorrow.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Grilled Burrito

27 Amy November 8, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Love my oatmeal anyway could eat it for every meal. Yum!!!

28 Shannon November 8, 2011 at 6:04 pm

1. Runny scrambled eggs
2. Week old cheese
3. A cup of freezer-burned ice cream

Have a great day!
Shannon recently posted..The five things I’m (most) thankful for

29 Jessica McGee November 8, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Help! My peanut butter jar is almost empty. I have not yet attempted OIAJ and am dying to. What do I do? =)

30 Courtney November 8, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Ohhhh, OIAJ is a wonderful thing! Just make your oats like you normally would (I make mine on the stovetop) and then just add ‘em to your jar. That’s it! :)