Christmas Tree Issues

I swear, the day after Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year!

After I got out of work yesterday, I had to make a quick pit stop to pick up a new Christmas tree. The artificial tree that we already have is actually quite a beautiful tree, but it’s just too big for our living room. So Jay went out earlier in the day and scoped one out that he said looked like it would work. I went out, gave it final approval, and brought our new tree back home.

As soon as I got home, the pumpkins came down and Operation Christmas Decorating began!

It was great; I turned on The Holiday (<—one of my favorite movies of all time), changed into my cozies, and got settled in for a night of decorating. Of course in the midst of it all, we had to stop for some dinner…and a carb-o-licious dinner of leftovers it was.

As a side note, I’m pretty sure that my mom makes the best apple sauce in the entire world. Not that I’m biased or anything, but seriously. It rocks.

I’ve still got to work on some of the other decorations, BUT, the tree is all decorated. Great right?

Wrong.

Because we were big toolbags and in such a rush to decorate it last night that we didn’t notice the string of lights that is out right smack in the middle of the tree.

IMG_0183-1

Jay is currently working on trying to find “the one” light, but so far, no such luck. Wanna know that means? I’m going to have to take down every stinkin’ decoration, return the tree, and redecorate all over again.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that that doesn’t have to happen because if it does, I may need a stiff drink to accompany me with the second round of tree decorating.

On a positive note though, the tree does look pretty good, doesn’t it? Can you spot the creeper in this picture?

Cody absolutely loves being underneath the Christmas tree and I can’t help but smile every time I see him down there. He’s so stinkin’ cute.

Now let’s just hope he doesn’t find his way up and IN the tree like he did last year.

Oy vey.

*****

Workout

This morning, I decided to hit up an early morning BodyPump class, and I’m so glad that I did. The instructor used Release 77 which I now realize is one of my absolute favorite. So many great songs and some tough tracks, too.

After class, I hit the cardio machines and did 20 minutes running on the treadmill + 5 minutes on the StairMaster. Yes, 5 minutes was plenty for me today. Yikes!

Breakfast

My whole ride home from the gym I was craving eggs like it was nobody’s business. So? I made it happen.

I started out with a veggie omelet with green peppers, onions, and tomatoes, but that eventually fell apart and turned into a scramble. Either way, it was still delicious.

On the side, I had a leftover Thanksgiving dinner roll topped with some Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB. I’m not sure how I feel about this PB yet; it almost tastes sort of grainy. Has anyone else tried it?

I also sipped on some extra festive coffee with breakfast.

Yum!

It is an absolutely beautiful day today, so we’re planning on putting up the Christmas lights outside, getting a little more work done around the house, baking some cookies, and hopefully NOT redecorating the tree again. Hopefully.

Questions for the Morning:

Do you have any Christmas tree disaster stories?

What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?

Comments

I love the holiday!!!! It’s the perfect x-mas movie IMO! I was thinking last night that I needed to watch it. I love the scene when Cameron Diaz is in the store, drinking wine as she shops.. haha! I also think Love Actually is good too!
    Your post is so festive… I think it’s put me in a Christmas mood (even the eggs look festive)!

Oh no! I hope Jay is able to find the light that’s causing the problem! That would stink if you had to completely redecorate it! It does look super pretty though :D. I can’t wait until our tree goes up! And the Holiday is one of my favorite movies too!! I absolutely love Cameron Diaz and Jude Law in that movie. I hope you have a great day love!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Bling Bling…

3. JN says

Their Mighty Maple is grainy too (but still yummy!) You should try The Peanut Principle’s Cinnamon Raisin, aka Raisin’ the Roof, PB. :)

• Courtney says

Yes!! I need to get another jar of it! I was so bummed when I saw that they weren’t at the Troy Farmers Market anymore once they moved back inside. I guess I’ll have to make a trip out to the store soon. :)

if it’s any consolation, you cant tell (at least from the pic) that any lights are out! looks fab to me! hope you find that darn light though :)

i’ve been craving eggs like it’s nobody’s business lately. with ketchup of course!
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Thanksgiving

Every cat I’ve had has always loved hanging out under the Christmas tree! I love decorating the Christmas tree, but unfortunately, I only have a tiny one for my apartment and it takes all of five minutes to put a few ornaments on it. Oh well.

I recently got the cinnamon raising PB and am loving it! I like the texture. I also picked up the white chocolate wonderful but am not a big fan of it; I just can’t get behind ‘white chocolate’ since it isn’t chocolate.

I may have to watch The Holiday today – that and Love Actually are my fave Christmas movies.

Good luck with the lights!
    Danielle @ Dish n Dash recently posted..Corny Oatmeal, Pushups and Seamus

6. Allison says

I am just finishing up my jar of Peanut Butter Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB. I always put cinnamon and raisins on top of my pb & banana English muffins for breakfast, so I thought this would be good. However, it has a really grainy texture and is lacking peanut flavor. So sad :(

7. Brandi says

Oh no! That totally stinks about the tree…:( But, it is very pretty…:) The Holiday is on my list of favorite Christmas movies….Love Jude Law! I love Christmas with the Kranks and of course It’s A Wonderful Life. Agh! Cats and Christmas trees! :) My cat (Rocky) loves to chew on the ends of the limbs…apparently it tastes pretty good.
    Have an awesome day!!

Oh lawd. That “one light” always does it! Festive coffee?! Have you had Starbucks’ Christmas Blend? Ugh. Magic.

And yes, that pb is totally grainy. My sister j’adore’s it, but I prefer to make my own by stirring in a ton of stevia, cinnamon, and raisins. As I said. Magic.

I started putting out decorations today too! I definitely need to run to the store & stock up on a few more things, even though I only have a small apartment to decorate. We’re going to get a real tree, hopefully this weekend or sometime soon!

Fingers crossed you don’t have to take down all of your decorations!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Friday Favorites, Part 2

The cinnamon raisin peanut butter by PB&Co is my favorite from their line! Definitely grainy and definitely addicting…
    I wouldn’t say this is a disaster but when I was really little the beautiful Christmas bulb that my great grandfather had given my father was smashed. I distinctly remember putting my hand on the box and accidentally smashing it, while my sister remembers doing the same. Kind of funny that we both try to fess up to it, my parents always remind us of that story when we are home for the Holiday’s :)

One of my favorite Christmas movies: ELF!
    Meghan recently posted..Thanksgiving

11. Julie says

I can’t imagine how frusterating that would be to completely decorate a tree and then have to redecorate it!!! I hope you find the light!

p.s. I love love love The Holiday too, and your eggs look scrumptious! I always put ketchup on mine too. People always pick at me for it, but I swear, once you start, you just can’t stop.

Sounds like a great day you have ahead of you! I can’t wait to get home and decorate, put up our tree, and hang Christmas lights when we get home from AZ with our families. I’m sorry to hear about your Christmas tree frustration! That is really annoying I’m sure.

My favorite Christmas movies have to be Home Alone and Miracle on 34th Street (the newer one). Have a great weekend lady!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Guest Post: Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Casserole

i don’t think I’m putting up a tree this year. Mainly for my fear of Benson climbing it. Or, more so, for my fear of Benson knocking it over while I’m at work all day. Perhaps I may never have a tree again? [the horror!]
    Heather recently posted..Simply Saturday

14. Christina says

I didn’t care for PB&Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl either; too grainy and the flavor was off. Their White Chocolate Wonderful, now that’s a different story! Yum! And The Holiday is one of my all time favorites! It hits every emotion; it’s funny and sappy and perfect for this season! Your tree looks fab too… :)

Your tree looks so pretty! Hopefully, you won’t have to redecorate it.

When I was little, my brother tipped the Christmas tree over and it landed on top of me. Luckily, I wasn’t injured but we couldn’t say the same for one of Mom’s favorite glass ornaments. Oops. She’s still mad about that today sometimes and that was about 12 years ago!

My favorite Christmas movies are It’s a Wonderful Life (my dad memorized most of the movie after seeing it for his whole life pretty much- it gets annoying sometimes when he recites lines, but other times it’s funny), The Holiday, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. You can never get sick of Charlie Brown.
    Shannon recently posted..Black Friday shopping update

16. Liz says

If you can’t find the problem light it might me the plugs that run up the center of the tree. So you might want to check there also as one may not be plugged in all the way or may not be plugged in at all. Just a suggestion :)

Either way your tree looks beautiful!!!!

17. Michelle says

Oh no!! We had a similar situation yesterday. My dad and brother checked all of the lights, put them all up outside… and then only half would turn on! My dad was not in much of a Christmas spirit after that :-) Luckily, it’s nice out again today so we are trying again!

The Holiday is one of my favorite holiday movies too. I love Cameron Diaz & Jude Law. Also love all of Cameron’s cozy outfits in the movie and the English cottage, so cute!

• Courtney says

Haha, I probably wouldn’t have either if Jay didn’t point it out…but once I noticed, it was all I could see!

2 years ago, i wanted a bigger than usual tree (which isn’t really that big, we normally get a little table top…) well, nothing fit. it didn’t fit in the base, it was crooked, we had to saw off branches (with kitchen knives because we had no saws…) it was terrible. lol. now we have a little fake tree. lol
    erica recently posted..happy thanksgiving!

20. Nina says

Courtney I was in one of the Chicago airports yesterday and I kept staring at this guy who was on my flight once he got off, and thinking, Hey! I know him from somewhere! It look me a couple minutes but then I realized he was a carbon copy of Jay. Any chance the hubby was flying from Washington D.C. to Chicago last night? Haha :-p If not, he has a twin out there!

• Courtney says

Hahaha, this is hilarious! Nope, Jay was not flying from D.C. to Chicago yesterday, so it appears as though he has a twin out there! :)

21. Nikki says

What a coincidence. I am eating that exact peanut butter now as I read your blog. It’s good but I like it without raisins.

Oh wow. Cody and my Frankie could swap some war stories. What is it about being UNDER the tree that feline furbabies like? Of course, I torture mine by putting a Santa hat on him and snapping pictures like paparazzi. ;-)

We had the same issue with the lights only ours is one side of the tree. We finally just turned it to the corner with the promise that we would fix it next year. I’m SURE that will happen. :D

Trackbacks