Ready For This Jelly

Woah baby, talk about a dark, gloomy morning. It’s just downright nasty outside today, and word on the street news is that we’re going to be experiencing a little bit of snowfall later on today. Nothing major, only a few inches, so I suppose I can’t complain. I mean, it will look pretty festive and all.

*****

Breakfast

Today’s morning meal featured a new ingredient that I have now fallen head over heels for.

Last week, I purchased a gift pack of Stonewall Kitchen goodies off of Rue La La (yes, I bought food off of Rue La La…don’t judge me) and it included a jar of this Cinnamon Apple Jelly.

Oh my word. This stuff is amazing, my friends. Amazing! I can’t think of anything that it would not be good on. And now with all this jelly talk, I currently have this Destiny Child’s song stuck in my head. Oy vey.

Anyways, today, I added the jelly to a couple of apple cinnamon rice cakes, along with some peanut butter and chia seeds.

I also added a juicy pear on the side for some extra sweetness.

Breakfast filled me up for the time being, but since it was a bit on the lighter side, I’m assuming a mid-morning snack will be in order.

Workout

I chose to sleep in this morning (8 1/2 hours of sleep, baby!) so no workout has happened yet, but I am planning on incorporating some yoga a little later on today. I’m actually thinking about doing one of the Yoga Bootcamp videos, since they’re still available on Exercise on Demand. Has anyone done any of them yet? What do you think?

*****

Before I go for this morning, I have a little something to hopefully make you smile…

I got this picture in a forwarded email from my dad a few days ago. He said it reminded him a bit of my Cody, but that face just cracks me right up…even if it is computer generated. Smile

Question for the Morning:

What’s your go-to website when you’re looking for a good laugh or something to make you smile?

Comments

Yum that jelly sounds amazing ive been hooked on fig butter lately, I absolutely love it!! Ill have to check out rue lala I havent been on that site yet, probably a good thing ;)

when i need a laugh I visit one of the following:

funnyordie
    hyperbole and a half [to review old favorites, especially! I love PAAAAAAAAAARP! – http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/09/party.html
    i also often view the picture of Andy in a bird costume that I shared on SE several months ago – http://www.savvyeat.com/little-things-guest-post-then-heather-said/ seriously. best laugh-guarentee ever in my life!!!
    Heather recently posted..December of Awesome

3. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

Apple cinnamon jelly sounds delish. I try to stay away from rue la la because I always end up buying things because it’s a good deal, but I wish I would’ve seen that sale!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Apple Cinnamon PB Crescents

4. Sarah says

Whenever i need a good laugh i usually head off to joythebaker.com- she cracks me up every time! Or her other site homefries.com which is a cool site with lots of HILARIOUS fall off ya seat podcasts. In fact i think i’m going to go visit right now- its a dark gloomy morning here in VA too!

I was planning on a run this morning, but I woke up with a sore throat so I slept in a bit putting it off for later to see if it is just allergies or I’m getting my sister’s cold. I’m praying it’s allergies.
    To go for a good laugh I go to jenna marbles on youtube. I’m not a fan of the language she uses, but she’s hilarious so I can’t help but watch.
    Bethany @Bethany’s Befuddled Brain recently posted..Blondies have more fun!

It’s snowing here! Very first snow of the year, where I’m from. It’s a pretty nice change from all the rain we’ve been having.

My favorite thing to look at, when I need a good laugh, is Ifunny on my phone. Some of the stuff is downright hilarious.
    Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..The Very First

Haha Destiny’s Child. I’m a nanny in manhattan and just last week one of the kids asked where her backpack was to which I was like “to the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left…” and she and the other kids were like “what is that song?” and I said ” destiny’s child” and they were like “huh?!” I felt so old! Haha. Sorry, long story, just glad someone remembers Destiny’s child:). That jelly looks amazing. :)
    Laura recently posted..Family Christmas Traditions

I just tried Yoga for the first time Monday and am thinking of going to another class tonight. I cannot believe how sore I was after the class! I thought Yoga was a “light” workout, but my entire view has changed. I don’t know if I am ready for Yoga Bootcamp yet, but I would love to hear how it goes!
    Kellie @ Compelled To Do So recently posted..Emergent Monday