Ready For This Jelly

by Courtney on December 7, 2011

Woah baby, talk about a dark, gloomy morning. It’s just downright nasty outside today, and word on the street news is that we’re going to be experiencing a little bit of snowfall later on today. Nothing major, only a few inches, so I suppose I can’t complain. I mean, it will look pretty festive and all.

*****

Breakfast

Today’s morning meal featured a new ingredient that I have now fallen head over heels for.

Last week, I purchased a gift pack of Stonewall Kitchen goodies off of Rue La La (yes, I bought food off of Rue La La…don’t judge me) and it included a jar of this Cinnamon Apple Jelly.

Oh my word. This stuff is amazing, my friends. Amazing! I can’t think of anything that it would not be good on. And now with all this jelly talk, I currently have this Destiny Child’s song stuck in my head. Oy vey.

Anyways, today, I added the jelly to a couple of apple cinnamon rice cakes, along with some peanut butter and chia seeds.

I also added a juicy pear on the side for some extra sweetness.

Breakfast filled me up for the time being, but since it was a bit on the lighter side, I’m assuming a mid-morning snack will be in order.

Workout

I chose to sleep in this morning (8 1/2 hours of sleep, baby!) so no workout has happened yet, but I am planning on incorporating some yoga a little later on today. I’m actually thinking about doing one of the Yoga Bootcamp videos, since they’re still available on Exercise on Demand. Has anyone done any of them yet? What do you think?

*****

Before I go for this morning, I have a little something to hopefully make you smile…

I got this picture in a forwarded email from my dad a few days ago. He said it reminded him a bit of my Cody, but that face just cracks me right up…even if it is computer generated. Smile

Question for the Morning:

What’s your go-to website when you’re looking for a good laugh or something to make you smile?

1 Faith @ For the Health of It December 7, 2011 at 9:23 am

I wont judge you for buying food from Rue la la if you wont judge me for buying food from Marshalls :D Sometimes they have great deals on gourmet jellies, spices, etc…I was THISCLOSE to getting a jar of real saffron @ TJMaxx last night.
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..World’s Oldest Yoga Teacher

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 7, 2011 at 9:23 am

I was confused that I still saw them On Demand too (since the site is gone). I was planning on trying one today!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..What I Ate in Florence (day 2)

3 Faith @ For the Health of It December 7, 2011 at 9:24 am

Also, for a good laugh website…the oatmeal! It’s sarcastic and so true.
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..World’s Oldest Yoga Teacher

4 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 7, 2011 at 9:24 am

My go-to for a smile is “DamnYouAutoCorrect” haha. It gets me every time. Or I head over to YouTube for a quick rendition of Domenic the Donkey! :)
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday!

5 Hope December 7, 2011 at 9:24 am

Ahh, that Destiny’s Child song is now stuck in my head! ;) That jelly does look tasty!
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The First Dance…

6 Kate December 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

Yum that jelly sounds amazing ive been hooked on fig butter lately, I absolutely love it!! Ill have to check out rue lala I havent been on that site yet, probably a good thing ;)

7 Jenny December 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

I have a board on Pinterest with photos that just “make me smile”. They always work! Especially this one http://1funny.com/happy-sad/.
Jenny recently posted..Weekend Workouts

8 Lauren December 7, 2011 at 9:29 am

Despair.com — definitely my go-to site for a good laugh! Or WhiteWhine…LOL

That jelly looks amazing!!

9 Heather December 7, 2011 at 9:31 am

when i need a laugh I visit one of the following:

funnyordie
hyperbole and a half [to review old favorites, especially! I love PAAAAAAAAAARP! – http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/09/party.html
i also often view the picture of Andy in a bird costume that I shared on SE several months ago – http://www.savvyeat.com/little-things-guest-post-then-heather-said/ seriously. best laugh-guarentee ever in my life!!!
Heather recently posted..December of Awesome

10 Katie December 7, 2011 at 9:34 am

Watch this little guy and just try to keep a straight face! Can’t do it!

11 Pamela December 7, 2011 at 9:37 am

If I need a laugh, I watch some of my favorite YouTube videos, like Jimmy Kimmel “I Told My Kids I Ate all Their Halloween Candy” and Sophia Grace “Super Bass”. They are too cute!
Pamela recently posted..PA School Graduation

12 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 7, 2011 at 9:40 am

Apple cinnamon jelly sounds delish. I try to stay away from rue la la because I always end up buying things because it’s a good deal, but I wish I would’ve seen that sale!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Apple Cinnamon PB Crescents

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 7, 2011 at 9:41 am

My little sister buys food from Ross, so no judging from here! I like googling lolcats or loldogs when I need a smile. If you’re into other types of humor, I like the website ‘Shit that Siri Says’. :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Surviving the Holidays

14 Sarah December 7, 2011 at 9:41 am

Whenever i need a good laugh i usually head off to joythebaker.com- she cracks me up every time! Or her other site homefries.com which is a cool site with lots of HILARIOUS fall off ya seat podcasts. In fact i think i’m going to go visit right now- its a dark gloomy morning here in VA too!

15 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 7, 2011 at 9:48 am

You are definitely not being judged! Looks so good:) If you go on stumble upon, they give you TONS of websites!

16 Khushboo December 7, 2011 at 9:51 am

Wow that jelly sounds great..I bet it would be a fab addition to Greek yogurt! Somee cards and the humor section of Pinterest always get me to crack a smile!
Khushboo recently posted..Checking it twice

17 Alicia F. December 7, 2011 at 9:52 am

That jelly looks soooo good!! :-) yumm!!!
Never tried the Yoga bootcamp, but I’m sure it’ll be good. Gotta use it before it’s all gone. :-< Boo on no more exercise TV! lol
Alicia F. recently posted..It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

18 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

Wishing it would snow here so it would look like the holiday season it actually is- and I’m sure it would go along wonderfully with the 16* tepms we are having!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The Story of the Princess Band-Aid

19 Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

I have spent an inordinate amount of $$ on Gilt taste. It’s sad, really.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Force Field Against Stupid

20 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 7, 2011 at 10:07 am

The weather is awful today in Baltimore, too! I’m crossing my fingers for snow!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Stylish Looks for the Winter

21 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

YouTube, there is always something hilarious there (I always look up funny dance videos or funyn animals to make me smile!)
And apple cinnamon jelly sounds 100% marvelous.
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

22 Steph @ StephSnacks December 7, 2011 at 10:31 am

When I just want to take a break and think of anything mindless, I usually go to People.com for the latest celebrity smutt!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Foodie Pics Are Back

23 Brigitt December 7, 2011 at 11:09 am

Stonewall has such good jams. Yum, I really love that stuff. Blueberry-Pomegranate…delicious. The one you had reminds me of a jam I really like to make after going apple picking (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/caramel-apple-jam/detail.aspx).
Brigitt recently posted..Food Storage Guidelines

24 Bethany @Bethany's Befuddled Brain December 7, 2011 at 11:13 am

I was planning on a run this morning, but I woke up with a sore throat so I slept in a bit putting it off for later to see if it is just allergies or I’m getting my sister’s cold. I’m praying it’s allergies.
To go for a good laugh I go to jenna marbles on youtube. I’m not a fan of the language she uses, but she’s hilarious so I can’t help but watch.
Bethany @Bethany’s Befuddled Brain recently posted..Blondies have more fun!

25 Coco December 7, 2011 at 11:29 am

Oh goodness….now you have that song stuck in my head too!!! I am a huuuuge Destiny’s Child fan and I am not ashamed.

I too slept in today until 9am! It was glorious and the first time I’ve done that in aaaaages.
Coco recently posted..A Whole Lot More Than Food Poisoning

26 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 7, 2011 at 11:31 am

someecards.com. gets me every. single. time.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..WIAW on the Nutrition Plan

27 Lauren B. December 7, 2011 at 11:31 am

I simply google “cute animals” and I can be sure to crack a smile!

28 Shanna, like Banana December 7, 2011 at 11:34 am

I love Stonewall products…oh so good.

Hmm when I need smile, I tend to just look right at my 2 cats and my dog. They warm my heat :)
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Where have I been???

29 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 7, 2011 at 11:39 am

Oh my gosh, if I want a good laugh, I go to someecards.com – they’re hilarious and inappropriate. Just the way I like it! ;)

30 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life December 7, 2011 at 11:41 am

It’s snowing here! Very first snow of the year, where I’m from. It’s a pretty nice change from all the rain we’ve been having.

My favorite thing to look at, when I need a good laugh, is Ifunny on my phone. Some of the stuff is downright hilarious.
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..The Very First

31 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony December 7, 2011 at 12:21 pm

http://www.wimp.com/simplegratitude/ ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! :) Enjoy!
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..One Week In

32 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 7, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I loooove Stonewall Kitchens! THey can do no wrong.

33 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Damn You Auto Correct is guaranteed to make me laugh, all the time!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

34 Laura December 7, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Haha Destiny’s Child. I’m a nanny in manhattan and just last week one of the kids asked where her backpack was to which I was like “to the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left…” and she and the other kids were like “what is that song?” and I said ” destiny’s child” and they were like “huh?!” I felt so old! Haha. Sorry, long story, just glad someone remembers Destiny’s child:). That jelly looks amazing. :)
Laura recently posted..Family Christmas Traditions

35 Kellie @ Compelled To Do So December 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I just tried Yoga for the first time Monday and am thinking of going to another class tonight. I cannot believe how sore I was after the class! I thought Yoga was a “light” workout, but my entire view has changed. I don’t know if I am ready for Yoga Bootcamp yet, but I would love to hear how it goes!
Kellie @ Compelled To Do So recently posted..Emergent Monday

36 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I love Damn You Autocorrect or Awkward Family Photos for a good laugh!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chris Makes Dinner

37 Megan December 7, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I’m looking forward to my aunt’s pretzel salad, spaghetti mousse, and italian creme cake!
Megan recently posted..{Guest Post} The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies, from PreventionRD