Colorado Better Watch Out

So I was in such a rush this morning that I totally forgot to share my exciting news with you guys!

Over the weekend, after much chatting back and forth with this lady, I ended up making some fun travel/blog plans. Looks like I’ll be heading to Colorado this May!

I’m always up for an excuse to get together with my fellow blog friends (hello, two years of attending HLS plus FitBloggin‘ last year), so when I saw that Blend Retreat was going to be happening this year, it immediately had my attention. I went back and forth with the idea, but I ultimately decided that it’d be a great opportunity that I just couldn’t pass up. I’ve never been to Colorado before AND I get to room with these three awesome ladies

(I had to take this picture from Alyssa when I saw it on her post this morning…too funny)

Needless to say, Colorado better watch out because us ladies are going to having a BLAST up in there! And good news…there’s still tickets available, so if you’re a blogger and interested in attending, feel free to check out the site and/or get registered. It’s gonna be F-U-N! 😀

So I just finished digging into lunch, which was a protein powerhouse batch of sweet tuna salad, which is made with a whole can of tuna and plain Chobani. Double protein? Yes, please! It’s even better when scooped up with some Wasa crackers.

sweet tuna salad

Snacks for today include a lemon Chobani, two clementines, and a string cheese. I also ended up bringing some almonds with me last minute before leaving this morning, which I snacked on this morning with the clementines. I always say, it’s better to be over prepared rather than under prepared!

The dinner I packed for myself for tonight is sort of lame and totally isn’t going to cut it. I made a mixed veggie salad, as I usually do, topped it with a hard boiled egg, and packed up some pineapple salsa as dressing on the side.

But I already know that that one hard boiled egg white is not going to be enough protein to hold me over. I totally overlooked that when I was packing everything up last night. Woops.

Hopefully I won’t get out of work *too* late tonight so I can head home and have a reasonable snack without wanting to eat my arm off. 😉

Question for the Afternoon:

Bloggers: Have you ever/would you ever attend a blogger conference? (come join us!!)

Non-Bloggers: Have you ever attended any sort of conferences (work related or personal)? What were your thoughts?

1. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

You are so lucky! While you’re enjoying Colorado I’ll be knee deep in law school finals. Maybe next year!

i’d love to attend a blogger retreat/conference someday – they always sound like so much fun. as a new blogger, it is a little intimidating but i’m sure well worth it in so many aspects. have you ever done a post about attending your first blogger meet up/conference/retreat? were you nervous/excited/anxious? just curious your thoughts and feelings the first time you were able to go!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Pump ‘N’ Sweat Full Body Workout

I lived in Boulder for 2 years after college and fell in love with it. It’s such a incredibly breath taking place and you’re going to love it. Seriously some of the best food, beer and views I’ve ever had in my life. Can’t wait to go back some day!!
    Allison recently posted..My Big Announcement

4. Corinne says

I’m interested in attending a conference buy also a bit intimidated since blogging is not my full time job and my blog is pretty basic! If I didn’t have a wedding and honeymoon to plan I’d probably splurge!
    Corinne recently posted..Mixed Nut Butter

Woohoo! This is going to be my first blogger conference, so I can’t wait to meet you and lots of others out there. That, and I really have no excuse not to go since I live in Colorado and all. Not sure what to expect, but I know it’ll be a blast.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Drumroll Please

I am still trying to figure out a way to get there. My schedule in May is weirdly busier than usual and Im in process of trying to move stuff around so that I can go! Im hoping by the time I do that in the next day or so there will still be tickets!!!
    Even though Im a new blogger I would absolutely LOVE to meet everyone :)
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Calling All Snackers

7. Suman says

Ah, you’re going to LOVE Boulder! I’m from CO, although I’m currently in college elsewhere, but, boy, do I miss it sometimes! I know it’s still a while away, but be sure to check out Pearl Street for restaurants, Boulder was actually named the best Food town but Food & Wine (I think? or some other food magazine?) a while ago and it has some of the BEST restaurants, many of which are by chefs that have been on Top Chef, etc. So excited for you! Also, I don’t know if you’re into tea, but the Celestial Seasonings plant is in town as well.

I started blogging in November after being bored with only reading & commenting on other blogs that I read. I wanted to give it a test drive- and I’ve written about 35 posts so far. Due to my academic schedule, it’s pretty tight to fit a blog post (much less read blogs) but I fit in time when not doing homework, eating, and watching my favorite TV shows. 😉 I probably wouldn’t attend a blogger conference- mostly because I feel like people would criticize me, saying that I’m only a teenager- what the heck is she doing here, etc.

I’ve never been to Colorado; it sounds so freeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzing! Have fun.
    Shannon recently posted..Friday Fun: How was your week and other things?

I’m a new blogger, but I feel like I know so many of the Healthy Living Bloggers out there including you because I’ve read your posts for over a year now. A goal of mine in 2012 is to jump in and join in on a retreat, not sure if Boulder is the one, but I am going to attend a Healthy Living Retreat this year. Plus I know how welcoming everyone would be, this is such an amazing community.
    Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt recently posted..Lucky Day

Oh man, the Blend retreat looks so cool! Also, I live in Colorado right now (going to school) and I can tell you… Colorado is GREAT! And it’s even better during the summer, so May is going to be absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, I’ll be back in Arizona by then (hopefully with a job!) so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend this conference. It looks super interesting though!

One day I’ll get to a blogger conference… they look awesome and it seems like the people you meet become lifelong friends! Very cool :)
    Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Days 14 & 15: Eat plants & be scared!

• Courtney says

I’d LOVE to go again! I think I’ll just have to wait and see where I am financially and also to see where it’s going to be this year :)

11. Emily says

How exciting you’re going to Colorado! I live in Boulder and if you’ve never been before, you are going to fall in love. It is one of the most beautiful cities! I love your blog by the way :)