Colorado Better Watch Out

by Courtney on January 17, 2012

So I was in such a rush this morning that I totally forgot to share my exciting news with you guys!

Over the weekend, after much chatting back and forth with this lady, I ended up making some fun travel/blog plans. Looks like I’ll be heading to Colorado this May!

I’m always up for an excuse to get together with my fellow blog friends (hello, two years of attending HLS plus FitBloggin‘ last year), so when I saw that Blend Retreat was going to be happening this year, it immediately had my attention. I went back and forth with the idea, but I ultimately decided that it’d be a great opportunity that I just couldn’t pass up. I’ve never been to Colorado before AND I get to room with these three awesome ladies

(I had to take this picture from Alyssa when I saw it on her post this morning…too funny)

Needless to say, Colorado better watch out because us ladies are going to having a BLAST up in there! And good news…there’s still tickets available, so if you’re a blogger and interested in attending, feel free to check out the site and/or get registered. It’s gonna be F-U-N! :-D

*****

So I just finished digging into lunch, which was a protein powerhouse batch of sweet tuna salad, which is made with a whole can of tuna and plain Chobani. Double protein? Yes, please! It’s even better when scooped up with some Wasa crackers.

sweet tuna salad

Snacks for today include a lemon Chobani, two clementines, and a string cheese. I also ended up bringing some almonds with me last minute before leaving this morning, which I snacked on this morning with the clementines. I always say, it’s better to be over prepared rather than under prepared!

snacks

The dinner I packed for myself for tonight is sort of lame and totally isn’t going to cut it. I made a mixed veggie salad, as I usually do, topped it with a hard boiled egg, and packed up some pineapple salsa as dressing on the side.

salad

But I already know that that one hard boiled egg white is not going to be enough protein to hold me over. I totally overlooked that when I was packing everything up last night. Woops.

Hopefully I won’t get out of work *too* late tonight so I can head home and have a reasonable snack without wanting to eat my arm off. ;)

Question for the Afternoon:

Bloggers: Have you ever/would you ever attend a blogger conference? (come join us!!)

Non-Bloggers: Have you ever attended any sort of conferences (work related or personal)? What were your thoughts?

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries January 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Yeahhh!! If being super excited about this is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..You Know You’re a Dog Owner When…

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

what she said. you’re right… Colorado better watch out. we’re gonna be taking those mountains by storm.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..I Have Been…

3 janetha January 17, 2012 at 2:06 pm

WOO FREAKING HOO!

4 Hope January 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

That sounds like fun! I think at some point I would like to attend a blogger conference :)
Hope recently posted..A Look At Some January Favorites…

5 Candice January 17, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I would love LOVE to come.. I can’t get away from work though ;(
Candice recently posted..Blueberry Shake it.

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life January 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm

You are so lucky! While you’re enjoying Colorado I’ll be knee deep in law school finals. Maybe next year!

7 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 17, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I’m SO stoked to finally get to meet you, Mrs. Sweet Tooth! ;) GO BLEND!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..tuesday trainer – heart rate boosters

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 17, 2012 at 2:25 pm

i’d love to attend a blogger retreat/conference someday – they always sound like so much fun. as a new blogger, it is a little intimidating but i’m sure well worth it in so many aspects. have you ever done a post about attending your first blogger meet up/conference/retreat? were you nervous/excited/anxious? just curious your thoughts and feelings the first time you were able to go!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Pump ‘N’ Sweat Full Body Workout

9 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real January 17, 2012 at 2:43 pm

My first Blogging conference was Healthy Living Summit last year. I was super anxious about attending because I was a fairly new healthy living Blogger and I did not know a soul. I just found some roomates on Twitter and went with an open mind. I did panic a little right before (check out my post on that), but it was totally worth it to put myself out there and meet some new blends.
Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real recently posted..Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer – Review of Week 1

10 Allison January 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I lived in Boulder for 2 years after college and fell in love with it. It’s such a incredibly breath taking place and you’re going to love it. Seriously some of the best food, beer and views I’ve ever had in my life. Can’t wait to go back some day!!
Allison recently posted..My Big Announcement

11 Corinne January 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I’m interested in attending a conference buy also a bit intimidated since blogging is not my full time job and my blog is pretty basic! If I didn’t have a wedding and honeymoon to plan I’d probably splurge!
Corinne recently posted..Mixed Nut Butter

12 Kate @Pastafreerunner January 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I agree with Corinne. It’s a little intimidating to think about a blog conference when right now my blog is flying so far below the radar. I think once I have more of an idea of what I’m doing and what direction I want things to go I would LOVE to go to one!
Kate @Pastafreerunner recently posted..Dinner and Breakfast with a side of Paleo

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Woohoo! This is going to be my first blogger conference, so I can’t wait to meet you and lots of others out there. That, and I really have no excuse not to go since I live in Colorado and all. Not sure what to expect, but I know it’ll be a blast.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Drumroll Please

14 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I would love to attend a blogger event!! I have read blogs for a long time but, am new to actual blogging, so I would be nervous not knowing anyone and going alone (scary!) but I think I would have a blast and be so glad I took the plunge once I got there!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Sweet & Sour Decision, Part 2

15 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm

ditto girl! ;)

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I am crossing my fingers to get to go! My brother-in-law graduates from college that weekend but I am wanting to go soooooo badly! It sounds like it is going to be *so* much fun!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..All over the board Monday…

17 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony January 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I have attended education/teaching conferences and dancing conferences but never a blogger conference! I would LOVE to go to one!
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..7 Layers

18 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’m originally from Colorado and have been really missing it! Maybe a trip home is in my future with this event:) I definitely want to check it out!
I haven’t attended a blog event yet so I would be nervous…what should one expect?!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Overcoming ‘Gymtimidation’ for the Shy Gym-Goer

19 Dusty @ Running to Healthy January 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I haven’t ever attended a blog conference. However I thought about going to this one, but I don’t know anyone.

20 Jenny January 17, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I’ve never attended a blogger conference and probably wouldn’t until I knew some more people in person. The idea of roomming with girls that I don’t know it a little intimidating!
Jenny recently posted..Add more ~ing to you life

21 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I am still trying to figure out a way to get there. My schedule in May is weirdly busier than usual and Im in process of trying to move stuff around so that I can go! Im hoping by the time I do that in the next day or so there will still be tickets!!!
Even though Im a new blogger I would absolutely LOVE to meet everyone :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Calling All Snackers

22 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 17, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I considered going, but I think I’m going to hold-out & try to attend HLS instead! I think financially I can only swing one trip!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Easy Black Bean Enchiladas

23 Suman January 17, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Ah, you’re going to LOVE Boulder! I’m from CO, although I’m currently in college elsewhere, but, boy, do I miss it sometimes! I know it’s still a while away, but be sure to check out Pearl Street for restaurants, Boulder was actually named the best Food town but Food & Wine (I think? or some other food magazine?) a while ago and it has some of the BEST restaurants, many of which are by chefs that have been on Top Chef, etc. So excited for you! Also, I don’t know if you’re into tea, but the Celestial Seasonings plant is in town as well.

24 Jodi January 17, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I’ve never attended a blogger conference, but would totally love to! It’s actually something I’ve wanted to do for awhile…
Jodi recently posted..One For The Books

25 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 17, 2012 at 8:07 pm

That picture still cracks me up! And I’m soooooo excited!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Races and Places

26 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

You will have so much fun! I’m so new to blogging that I haven’t considered on going on any type of retreat (yet), but it seems like something I’d love when I’m a little more experienced (and have more money!).
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Brussels Sprouts: My First Taste

27 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre January 17, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Yayy! I will see you at Blend Retreat! I can’t wait to visit Colorado!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Whirlwind of a Day

28 Shannon January 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I started blogging in November after being bored with only reading & commenting on other blogs that I read. I wanted to give it a test drive- and I’ve written about 35 posts so far. Due to my academic schedule, it’s pretty tight to fit a blog post (much less read blogs) but I fit in time when not doing homework, eating, and watching my favorite TV shows. ;) I probably wouldn’t attend a blogger conference- mostly because I feel like people would criticize me, saying that I’m only a teenager- what the heck is she doing here, etc.

I’ve never been to Colorado; it sounds so freeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzing! Have fun.
Shannon recently posted..Friday Fun: How was your week and other things?

29 Lindsay @ FuelMyFamily January 17, 2012 at 9:45 pm

A blogger conference sounds like so much fun, I’d love to go to one sometime! But I am a super new blogger so I would want to figure things out a little more first. Have a great time!
Lindsay @ FuelMyFamily recently posted..Have a peek

30 Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt January 17, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I’m a new blogger, but I feel like I know so many of the Healthy Living Bloggers out there including you because I’ve read your posts for over a year now. A goal of mine in 2012 is to jump in and join in on a retreat, not sure if Boulder is the one, but I am going to attend a Healthy Living Retreat this year. Plus I know how welcoming everyone would be, this is such an amazing community.
Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt recently posted..Lucky Day

31 Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous January 17, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I would LOVE to go to a blogger conference! They look like tons of fun!! Blogger roadtrips for me in the near future!! (:
Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous recently posted..Who’s Your Eda-Mommay?

32 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies January 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Oh man, the Blend retreat looks so cool! Also, I live in Colorado right now (going to school) and I can tell you… Colorado is GREAT! And it’s even better during the summer, so May is going to be absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, I’ll be back in Arizona by then (hopefully with a job!) so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend this conference. It looks super interesting though!

One day I’ll get to a blogger conference… they look awesome and it seems like the people you meet become lifelong friends! Very cool :)
Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Days 14 & 15: Eat plants & be scared!

33 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 17, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I’ve never been to a blogger conference, but I’d love to go to one sometime! I still feel like I’m new to this whole blogging-thing :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..I already know that I’m skinny.

34 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 17, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Ahh I’m so jealous that you’re going to the BLEND retreat! When I heard about it I wanted to go so badly…but unfortunately it’s the weekend in-between my final exams :(. Talk about sucky timing haha. I do really want to go to HLS though this year..do you think you’ll attend again?
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..My Experience With Disordered Eating – Part 3

35 Courtney January 18, 2012 at 9:24 am

I’d LOVE to go again! I think I’ll just have to wait and see where I am financially and also to see where it’s going to be this year :)

36 Khushboo January 17, 2012 at 11:51 pm

That’s so fun! Even though the US is a long way away, I am definitely going to attend a blogger meet eventually…hopefully the HLS!
Khushboo recently posted..The irony that is Diet Coke

37 Emilie January 18, 2012 at 5:08 am

Hmm. I wonder whether Australia hosts any blogger conferences? I will have to research that. The tuna salad looks yum! I am going to have to try that sometime.
Emilie recently posted..New iPhone and what I ate today

38 Heather @ For the Love of Kale January 18, 2012 at 5:05 pm

That is SO exciting! Wish I could join you lovely ladies in CO! I can’t wait to read all about it. :-)
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Banana Bread Oats

39 Emily January 22, 2012 at 1:09 pm

How exciting you’re going to Colorado! I live in Boulder and if you’ve never been before, you are going to fall in love. It is one of the most beautiful cities! I love your blog by the way :)

40 Courtney January 22, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Thanks, Emily! I’ve never been before so I’m definitely excited to visit :)