Lots of Love

by Courtney on January 29, 2012

Maybe it’s because I’ve been talking about it all.week.long., but I am feeling like one of the luckiest gals this week with all of the birthday love that has been coming my way.

For example, I received this amazing card in the mail earlier in the week.

My lovely friend, Heather, wrote me the kindest note, including two different kinds of “birthday” tea – “Passion” & “Zen” – which she said she hopes my 28th year will be filled with. I sure hope so too, Heather. Winking smile

The following day, I ended up getting an email in my inbox saying that someone had sent me a Starbucks Card eGift.

sbux gift card

The only thing I know is that it came from an Amanda, so wherever you are Amanda, THANK YOU so much! That was so incredibly sweet of you!

On Friday, I had two surprises waiting in my mailbox for me. The first came from a super sweet reader, Ashlee. She had emailed me earlier in the week after I wrote this post, saying that she couldn’t help but notice that I had a “naked camera strap.” I’d actually been looking around at some, but had decided to hold off for now. Then she told me that she had made some of her own and wanted to send me one!

Isn’t it so pretty?? I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks again, Ashlee! Smile

On the same day, I also received a rather surprising envelope…

which was filled with a few birthday from some of my former students from last year. I couldn’t believe that they had thought of me – let alone remembered my birthday. This one definitely brought a bit of a tear to my eye.

Then on Saturday, while we were out dancing up a storm, my friend Eileen gave me this homemade headband that she had made.

Normally I look like a bit of a tool when I have things like this on my head, but somehow, Eileen managed to make this little beauty perfectly. Now if I could just figure out how to wear these things without getting awful hat head hair… Winking smile

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm

all of those gifts are so nice! I love that camera strap!..starbucks giftcards are probably one of my favorite gifts:)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Sunday Brunch + Final Bodyrock work out

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm

wow girl, you sure hit it home with some of the birthday gifts you’ve received! you are LOVED! :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..The Perfect Saturday

3 dee January 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Those are the sweetest! I love homemade/thoughtful gifts! And I had NO idea starbucks did those gift e-cards! :) happy birthday!!

4 Ashlee January 29, 2012 at 5:28 pm

You are very welcome! It looks great :)
I got one of those headbands in NYC last year and I love it :) Very cute.
Ashlee recently posted..Love Handmade Things

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 29, 2012 at 5:43 pm

How sweet! I love getting pampered on my birthday! I have wanted one of those headbands forever! Do you read The Small Things Blog? She is a hair stylist and has all sort of hair tips. She actually just posted on how to wear one of these!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..well worth it

6 Emilie January 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Aren’t birthdays great?!
I love the camera strap. I need one!
Emilie recently posted..Skinny Taste Review – Delicious Pork Tenderloin for Dinner

7 pat January 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm

how sweet that your students remembered you! You were loved, always remember that! (even if the admin was full of as*h****)

8 Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I LOVE the camera strap!!! I plan on getting one like it once I finally get my camera back from cleaning. :) How cool yours is homemade!!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..20 Surprising Benefits of Cold Showers

9 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 29, 2012 at 6:24 pm

You deserve it all! I’m so glad that you are feeling special during this birthday week!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The one with the health update….

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 29, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Wow, you’re a pretty special lady!! :) Happy Birthday to you!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..New Kicks and Whatcha Reading Weekend

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 29, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Wow all of these surprises are awesome! You deserve it!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Max Brenner Philly

12 jana @ newly wife healthy life January 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Wow, what an awesome birthday so far! I hope all the love shows you what an impact you make on people’s lives! I adore that camera strap, and seriously how cute are kids? Love that!
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..Tebow Adventures

13 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 29, 2012 at 8:04 pm

What great gifts! :) Very cool camera strap! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Cake, GI Joe and Tron

14 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

That’s so sweet of everyone! You got some great goodies already :D

15 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm

What fun gifts!!! I love that headband. She should sell them on Etsy!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Weekend of a Blogging Newbie

16 Shannon January 29, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Those are some nice gifts you got there. Cute headband! :)

That is so sweet past students thought of you. I would have cried too if I saw those cards.

17 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family January 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm

man it looks like you are cleaning up on your birthday! Birthdays are still fun when you are older, I don’t care what people say!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Swarmball Signups

18 Kim @ The Family Practice January 29, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I didn’t know you could send e-gift cards like that! That’s such a great idea especially when you want to send something as a surprise without their address. Brilliant!
You sure got lots of fun things! Love the little hat/headband thing :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Have a Better Superbowl Party

19 melissa January 30, 2012 at 12:23 am

You have the coolest birthday ever. ps I have the same.

Happy Birthday

20 Courtney January 31, 2012 at 11:42 am

Happy Birthday to YOU too, Melissa! :)

21 Khushboo January 30, 2012 at 12:36 am

That card alone confirms just how great a teacher you must have been! There are still some former teachers who I occasionally keep in touch with and only because they genuinely made more of an impact on me than they probably realise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMBAI TIME :)! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Khushboo recently posted..Body for Life

22 Heather January 30, 2012 at 8:39 am

xoxoxo
Heather recently posted..Simply Saturday

23 Nicole January 30, 2012 at 9:35 am

How sweet!! What nice little surprises :)

24 April Miller-Rose January 30, 2012 at 10:49 am

Happy Birthday Courtney!!!

25 Jenny@HealthyMOChick January 30, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Just goes to show that when you’re a good person, good comes back your way ;) Happy Belated Birthday week!
Jenny@HealthyMOChick recently posted..Hello Kitty Day and Pumped up Kicks