WIAW–Eating All Day Long

Okay, I think I’m officially on board the WIAW bandwagon! I really enjoyed participating last week and seeing so many other WIAW’s, so I just had to do it again. This month, the focus of WIAW is actually on adding more veggies and/or fruits to your daily meals…

Let’s see how I did, shall we?

Breakfast – 8:45am

Yup, you guys already saw this one. But it was honestly so good that I may end up repeating it for dinner tonight. Just sayin’.

Mid-Morning Snack – 11:00am

Two Wasa crackers spread with a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese and topped with strawberry slices. The sweet + savory combo with these was awesome. Seriously, try it out.

Lunch – 1:00pm

Surprise, surprise…another lunch time salad. What can I say? I’m sort of hooked.

Yesterday’s salad was full of mixed lettuces, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, leftover green beans and grilled chicken from Monday. All topped with my favorite dressing…again. Oh yes, it was deeeeeLISH.

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 2:45pm

I had to be to work at 3:00 yesterday, so I wanted to be sure to squeeze in my afternoon snack before I left. Two pumpkin protein bars spread with peanut butter was the name of the game.

I also made sure to put together the ingredients for another work protein smoothie to bring with me.

2 scoops vanilla SunWarrior, 2 tsp chia seeds, half a banana, 6 strawberries

5:30pm – Snack #1

The strawberry-banana smoothie was later executed and enjoyed at work.

Snack #2 – 6:30pm

As good as my smoothie was, I was still missing out on that chew factor. Luckily, I had a pineapple SOYJOY bar in my bag that I was able to eat quickly before my next client. That photo is actually recycled from this summer, but you get the idea.

Snack #3 – 8:45pm

Seeing as though it was Valentine’s Day and all, and I even passed up on chocolate chip cookie cake AND chocolates at work (yes, I deserve a medal), I got home still craving a little of the chocolate stuff. To fulfill that craving, I added a dark chocolate Adora disk to my apple + PB plate.

I also decided to jazz up last night’s serving of Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter by adding in a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips and Love Grown Foods granola.

It was the perfect little amount of sweet…not to mention, HOLY COW was it awesome.

As you can see, Tuesday nights are still a little odd on the “dinner” front, but I’m cool with it. I was basically eating all evening long, which I certainly have no problem with. Meals may not always be able to be conventional, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t make healthy snack choices!

Questions for the Morning:

Which meal of the day would you say is the most predictable?

Which meal is usually more of a surprise?

Wow all your eats look so yum- especially that peanut butter dip! Thanks for your comment on my blog :)! I’m not sure whether you saw my reply but I know you would definitely love Body For Life. The workouts are efficient, take less than an hour and it’s a good mix of weight training and HIIT workouts! You definitely get a bang for the time you put in, and the eating portion of it is more or less similar to what you are doing now with Jim’s program!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Body For Life: 25% down

Hey Courtney –

I’m a long-time follower but minimalist commenter :) I’m trying to change that! haha. Anyways, the most predicatable meal of my day is definitely lunch. I pack the same thing every day and never get sick of it!

Breakfast is definitely the most predictable meal of my day. If I’m in a rush, it’s Greek yogurt with berries. If I have time, it’s some sort of egg with veggies. I’m totally ok with the predictability of my breakfasts though!
    Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Whooped Pants Pizza

4. Courtney says

It all looks so good!! I’m moving this weekend and will hit up the grocery store Monday for a huge order to stock the new house with healthy eats… I think I’ll have to revisit these posts for ideas for the grocery list!

Lunch is almost always soup or a salad and I snack on plenty of fruit throughout the day. I would say I tend to mix it up on the weekends since I have more time to cook and usually crave something different than my typical meal choices.
    Shana recently posted..I Heart Pizza

For me, my lunch is most unpredictable. Sometimes I pack it ahead of time and it’s perfectly balanced, but other times I throw something together in the AM and it’s not so well-thought-out, or I pack it and forget to bring it/just skip packing altogether and have to scrounge up something at a restaurant. Breakfasts are usually the most stable, and dinners are kinda squeezed in however I can in regards to the rest of my evening plans!

Breakfast by far is very predictable for me- Its usually protein pancakes of some sort either topped with PB or Berries. As Im typing this however, I realized I strayed away from the usual breakfast this morning with eggs and ezekial toast- I forgot how much I love drippy eggs :)
    Lunch is probably the most different for me- sometimes I will premake a smoothie and keep in the fridge at work or leftovers or whatever I can come up with that morning!

that omelet always makes me so jealous i LOVE salsa on eggs. and pineapple salsa is amazing. i haven’t had time to make egg sandwiches lately because of my new school schedule. boo!

also i love cheese and strawberries. and the laughing cow plain swiss is awesome with it!

good eats <3
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

9. Erin says

Have you ever tried adding guar gum or xanthan gum to your smoothies? It makes them super thick so you need a spoon to eat it! It’s just like ice cream.

Breakfast is the same for me during the week- cottage cheese, toast, greek yogurt. But I like to change up lunch to make it more exciting at work!

1. Breakfast is my most predictable meal each day. Every morning, I have the same exact thing until I get sick of it and switch it up. My current breakfast is 4 Eggo mini waffles, and on Wednesdays since I have a later lunch, I have a Entennman’s raspberry danish on the side. Unfortunately, they are $7 regular price (?!?) so next time they’re on sale, I’ll buy more.
    2. Dinner; I never know what’s for dinner until I come home. I’m in school all day and can’t wait to see what we are eating. It’s always a surprise for me!
    Shannon recently posted..The good and bad of Super Bowl ads