Tangents: Mexico Style!

by Courtney on February 24, 2012

Gosh, it really is hard to return back to normalcy after an amazing vacation, isn’t it? Today has been pretty much a wash of a day…Jay and I slept in pretty late, took care of emptying out our suitcases, started some laundry, and well…that’s about it.

We finally decided to shower around 4:00, just so we felt slightly human. It helped…barely. But I am being super selfish and wanting to be back in that beautiful Mexican sunshine.

Are you sick of hearing me talk about it yet? Winking smile

I’m actually still trying to figure out how I want to go about putting together all of my thoughts and pictures from the rest of our trip. I know that I want to share as much information about our resort as I can, and I know I want to fill you all in on some of my favorite moments. However, I’m thinking I’m going to hold off until next week when I have some more pictures from the rest of our friends. We all took SO many fun photos, and I really don’t want to miss out on any that can help tell our stories.

In the meantime, I’ll fill you in with a few other random thoughts…call them tangents, if you will!

Our resort offered nightly entertainment, including shows in their theater. One evening, they had a circus show, which had entertainers that completely blew my mind.

IMG_1254IMG_1256

The strength that these two people had was like nothing I had ever seen. Unreal.

Even though our resort was located right on the water, there were actually only about three or four times where I went down to the beach.

We spent our first evening there watching the fire show, we went on our last day to watch the sun rise,

and Jay and I took a couple beach walks.

Other than that, we spent most of our time at the pool, which was totally fine by me.

When we were at the pool, many drinks were enjoyed…duh, they were “free.” Winking smile

My favorite fruity frozen pool drink for the week was the Beach Comber. I don’t know exactly how it was made, but I do know that I would order mine with coconut rum and it was similar to a maraschino & coconut-flavored daiquiri.

IMG_1290-2

If I had enough of frozen drinks, the “Imperial Punch” was my next favorite. It reminded me a whole lot of Hawaiian Punch, but ya know, adult style.

IMG_1302-1

And if I had enough fruity drinks all together, then I rolled with a Tecate Light. Apparently, it’s one of the more popular beers in Mexico, and when you pair it with a lime, it’s quite tasty.

And despite the fact that I know sound like a huge booze-a-holic, there were actually no days/nights where I got “drunk” and probably only two evenings where I felt a slight buzz…this night happened to be one of ‘em.

I really cannot wait to share that evening with you guys.

Jay on the other hand? Well, let’s just say he and the boys had a good time making friends with someone you may know…his name is Tequila. Winking smile

Yes, there was always something to keep us laughing.

1 Elizabeth February 24, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Can’t wait to see the pictures! Must suck coming back to reality …

2 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

When I went to Jamaica on my honeymoon, my drink of choice was the ‘Jamaican Me Crazy’! Lol cute, right? I know it had banana, rum, piña colada mix, and strawberries..? Not sure what else, but it was so yum! The perfect beach side companion, besides my husband of course! ;-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..‘Clean Out the Fridge’ Pizza

3 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 24, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Ahhh this makes me miss Dominican Republic! Shane and I skipped out on a tropical vacation this year in place of going to California in May/June.
Looks like you had such a blast, Courtney! Can’t wait to hear about the rest :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..A Conquered Food Fear

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 24, 2012 at 6:35 pm

haha that last picture of Jay is hilarious! I am more of a pool kind of girl as well – I’d rather sit by the pool than go in the ocean any day!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

5 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 24, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Aww super fun! Can’t wait to hear fun stories and see pictures. It must suck to come back but I bet a routine will feel good again.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Curried Deviled Eggs

6 Caroline February 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Looks like you had a blast! I often end up staying by the pool too – it’s more comfy!
Caroline recently posted..Authentic Tex-Mex Chile con Queso

7 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 24, 2012 at 7:12 pm

When I went to Mexico last year, they had preformers total cirque de soleil style stuff. It was pretty amazing – they hung off hoops and stuff.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Raspberry Pancakes

8 Melissa February 24, 2012 at 7:50 pm

You guys are so fun! I would totally go on vacation with you. :D Can’t wait to hear more about it! XOXO
Melissa recently posted..Halibut with Coconut Curry

9 Courtney February 24, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Sounds amazing!! I love that last pic of Jay LOL!! Reminds me of the last trip the hubs and I took to Aruba and we went with friends.. let’s just say the guys took full advantage of “ALL inclusive”!! There’s really nothing better than going on vaca with friends, I don’t know if it would be as fun going alone now!

10 Silvia @ skinny jeans food February 24, 2012 at 8:27 pm

It’s good to hear that you guys haven’t given up on spring break yet ;-)
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Naked Maine

11 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 24, 2012 at 9:19 pm

You are REALLY making me want to go on a big spring break trip with friends!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Keeping Berries Fresh

12 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath February 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Looks like you had a great vacation—love all your pictures, Courtney! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Feeling “gutsy.”

13 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm

It does always seem like the guys get a little crazier with the booze! As long as they aren’t puking and beligerent, its actually pretty entertaining most of the time!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..50/10 Full Body Circuit Workout

14 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 24, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I can’t wait to hear about the rest of the trip!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry

15 Khushboo Thadani February 25, 2012 at 12:21 am

Love hearing holiday stories- even if they aren’t about mine :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..The time I got lost in Dubai…

16 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 25, 2012 at 6:24 am

Welcome back, Courtney! It’s tough getting back to reality after a vacation, but at least you have tons of great photos to remember it by.

Not to mention a pretty impressive tan 8)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mother’s Intuition

17 Mac February 25, 2012 at 9:17 am

Gosh it looks beautiful, I need to get to Mexico sometime! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!
Mac recently posted..Lent

18 Erin February 25, 2012 at 10:02 am

Looking forward to hearing all the details!
Erin recently posted..A Different Routine

19 Laura@mypurposefullife February 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

It’s always so hard coming back from vacation. The pictures you’ve shared so far are gorgeous! I can’t wait to see more…
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..Good Eats

20 Julie February 26, 2012 at 5:39 pm

So fun! My family enjoys taking trips to Mexico and it’s funny, we are the complete opposites in terms of the pool-beach ratio. We are definately beach people…I usually only swim in the pool once each time. For some reason, I love the ocean water so much more and parking myself on the beach. I’m glad you had a great trip and can’t wait to read more of your adventures!!!!