A Fun and Busy Sunday!

by Courtney on February 26, 2012

Well, today has been quite a busy and productive little Sunday!

Jay and I started things off for the day with a lovely brunch date with our good friends, Joe & Kate. It had been way too long since we last saw them, so it was super nice to catch up and hang out.

Even better? We met for brunch at my absolute FAVORITE brunch spot. I went back and forth between pancakes or an omelet, but the last omelet I got was sort of disappointing…so I ended up ordering my favorite item off the menu, the “Two For Two.”

Two pancakes (Red Raspberry Oatmeal, no question about it) + 2 scrambled egg whites. This batch of pancakes was, by far, one of the best. So light, fluffy, and full of flavor. Oh my gosh I love them.

I also ordered a side of Cinnamon Swirl bread because, you know, my breakfast wasn’t big and carb-y enough. I only ate about half of the bread, but I devoured the rest of my breakfast.

Tomorrow is definitely “back on track” day. Winking smile

*****

After brunch, Jay and I headed out to run a few errands, including a stop at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It turned out to be one of those trips where we found about 100 different things that we just “totally needed.” You know how it goes…

But one particular item that I’m rather excited about is our new kitchen clock.

As soon as I saw it, I had to have it. It matches perfectly with the rest of my “Live Laugh Love” obsession.

It’s literally everywhere you turn in this house!

The last stop on our route today was a much-needed stop at the grocery store.

Check it out! We finally have fresh produce in the house. I LOVE it!

We also wound up getting sucked in to the “Create Your Own Six-Pack” that this particular Price Chopper has. They have quite a decent selection of beers there, and when I saw that they had my favorite beer from last night, I was sold.

Today’s trip was definitely a large order, but at least we’ve finally got food again. Smile

Once we got home, I took some of the veggies and made a huge batch of roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes to have for during the week. I also cooked up a whole spaghetti squash too, so don’t be surprised to see that in the rotations.

As for our dinner? Oooo baby, it was a yummy one!

While we were away last week, I received a nice little goody package from the folks at The Laughing Cow, which included a recipe for their Mac n’ Cheese.

I actually made quite a few substitutions, including the addition of some fresh grilled chicken and diced tomatoes, and it turned out awesome. I’ll have to share with you guys soon.

I also added in some of my roasted veggies to get a head-start on my veggie intake for the upcoming week.

‘Cuz lord knows I haven’t seen nearly as many of those babies as I had been used to!

Time to go clean up the dishes and finish watching the Red Carpet for the Oscars. I just love checking out all the beautiful (and not-so-beautiful) dresses!

*And as a heads up – tomorrow morning I’ll be sharing all the details on our resort in Mexico, so stay tuned.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!

1 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third February 26, 2012 at 7:29 pm

That mac and cheese looks amazing! I love using laughing cow as a cheesy addition to my meals, it always tastes so much more indulgent then it actually is!
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..She’s got some guts!

2 Presley (Run Pretty) February 26, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I’ve been known to order two breakfasts just to have a little sweet and a little savory… So I’d love the two for two :)
Presley (Run Pretty) recently posted..Pounding the Pavement

3 Caroline February 26, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Ooo I want to try out that Mac ‘N Cheese recipe! And I can’t wait to hear the details about your resort in Mexico :)
Caroline recently posted..Homemade Nutritious Dog Treats

4 Becca February 26, 2012 at 7:58 pm

How do you store the spaghetti squash after you cook it?? Also how do you cook it. I have never had much luck with these, but know they are soooo much better for you and am determined to make them work for me! :)
Becca recently posted..What are we going to eat!?!?!

5 Emilie February 26, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Awesome Grocery Haul. Gotta be happy with that! I feel soo much better when my house is packed with fresh produce :)
Emilie recently posted..Lazy Weekend, Coconut Prawns and Milly

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 26, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Those pancakes look amazing! And mac & cheese?! Yum! Can’t wait to hear about the resort!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Sunday Loophole

7 Lena @Fit on the Rocks February 26, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I just thought you should know that I’m totally addicted to Cara Cara oranges after seeing you post them up! I seriously considered buying 2 bags instead of 1 lol
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Training Plans

8 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 26, 2012 at 8:26 pm

That laughing cow mac and cheese looks delicious!

And yay for having food in the house again – I always love the first trip to the grocery store after a long vacation. It feels like I’m starting fresh :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Race Series Part 3: The Marathon That Never Happened

9 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 26, 2012 at 8:33 pm

i’m curious about the mac ‘n cheese! looking forward to seeing the details on it… it looks and sounds so tasty!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Sunday Morning Pancakes

10 Lily February 26, 2012 at 8:40 pm

That dinner looks DELICIOUS. Glad you had a productive day :) Can’t wait to hear more about the mexico resort!
Lily recently posted..Inspiration

11 Mallory @ Have Your Cake February 26, 2012 at 9:04 pm

tomorrow is definitely a “get back on track” day for me too. ahh! those pancakes look AWESOME btw.
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..On Taking the Plunge with Online Dating

12 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 26, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Breakfast looks yummy! I have been stuck on my English muffin/banana/chocolate peanut butter combo, but feel a change coming!

Definitely gonna have roasted veggies! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..30 Day Challenge

13 Lauren February 26, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Ooohhh those raspberry pancakes look sensational! I had the exact same meal (well blueberry pancakes and egg whites) last time we went out for breakfast. Delicious weekend!
Lauren recently posted..Weekend in Review

14 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 26, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Can’t wait for the recap :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Fun Fact Friday

15 Khushboo Thadani February 27, 2012 at 12:20 am

A full fridge= definitely one of life’s simple pleasures :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..The time I got lost in Dubai…

16 michelle kim February 27, 2012 at 2:03 am

Oh, wow! That’s the second time seeing a mac’n’cheese recipe using Laughing Cow! I’m going to have to try that soon.
I also love that picture of all the produce on your counter. I love when the fridge is loaded with fruits and veggies.
michelle kim recently posted..Perfect Sunday

17 Dee February 27, 2012 at 4:04 am

Since I’ve been following your blog for sometime now, I have this crazy (or totally normal) idea in my head that we’re such great friends.. Haha! Anyway, while shopping the other day, I spotted a coffee tumbler that said live laugh love coffee and I immediately thought of you! I stood there for a moment (or 10 minutes) debating whether or not i should snap a picture of it and gift it to you via the interweb, or if I should buy it and find a way to send it to you. I did neither.. I came to the realization that i might know what you eat daily and what workout youve completed, but i dont really know you in reality! Hahah But I must have looked like I was contemplating something epic in that aisle! Haha :)

18 Courtney February 27, 2012 at 5:49 am

LOL oh my gosh, Dee, this is great!! Thank you SO MUCH for thinking of me! :-D
On a different note…where did you find that tumbler?!?!? I MUST find it now!

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 27, 2012 at 7:34 am

Can’t wait to hear the rest of the details from your trip!! We stayed at an all-inclusive for our honeymoon last year, and it was the best experience ever!! Hope you all had an incredible time!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Our First Weekend in Atlanta!

20 Juanita Sanchez February 27, 2012 at 7:39 am

Let me start by say I am glad you were able to meet with your friends for brunch and the pancakes with red rasbery oatmeal looked absolutely delicious. As a diabetisc the dishes displayed on your blog post are right up my alley as a diabetic. Thank you for sharing.
Juanita Sanchez recently posted..Acai Berry Select

21 Dhana28 February 27, 2012 at 7:48 am

That is really a very yummy breakfast! My family will surely enjoy a pancake on morning..
Dhana28 recently posted..Speaking Chinese

22 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 27, 2012 at 8:07 am

That mac and cheese looks delicious! I can’t wait to see the recipe for it. I’m always looking for a good mac and cheese recipe :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Sickly Weekend At Home…

23 Shannon February 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Now I really want pancakes! Those look so delicious. :)
Shannon recently posted..Two posts that you should read

24 Kim @ The Family Practice February 27, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Those pancakes look delicious!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Devastation at the Office

25 Clarence Riech March 23, 2012 at 5:07 am

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!