I’m Not Even Going To Complain

March 1st already. Seriously? I still can’t believe it. I don’t know about any of you guys, but the month of February absolutely FLEW by for me. Sheesh! Where does the time go?

All I know is that it means we’re just one step closer to getting to spring, despite the fact that it currently looks like this outside.

But you know what? I’m not even going to complain (I know, shocker, right?) because it’s just so darn beautiful this morning. We’ll see how I feel in a few hours when I have to go out and shovel it all off of my car. Winking smile

Dinner

Last night, I was on my own for dinner which was perfectly fine because I really wasn’t in the mood for anything crazy. Our veggie drawer is still packed from Sunday’s grocery trip, so I made an attempt to create somewhat of a dent in it.

• romaine lettuce
  • cucumbers
  • grape tomatoes
  • onions
  • baby carrots
  • roasted veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, and sweet potatoes)
  • cold spaghetti squash (don’t knock it ‘til you try it)
  • 3 slices low-sodium deli turkey
  • 1 cubed wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
  • Ken’s Northern Italian dressing

I also had a couple rye-flavored Wasa crackers on the side, which I actually ended up crumbling right into the salad for some makeshift croutons…at least that’s what I told myself.

*****

I woke up this morning ready for breakfast. Not sure on a workout yet for today…I did end up doing my High Intensity Circuit Workout yesterday and, well, it basically killed me, just a little. I knew it had been a while since I last did it, but good lord was it hard! Plus, it didn’t help that I was still sore from Monday’s workout…which I’ll be sharing with you guys later today!

Nothing like a warm bowl of oats and a hot cup of coffee on a cold, snowy morning, right?

Today’s bowl of choice was my Mixed Berry French Toast Oatmeal, which was stuffed with tons of fresh strawberries and blueberries. Definitely lots of volume happenin’ today.

The oats also got a sprinkle of Love. Smile

Today is a day off of work for me, and I’m really hoping the snow slows up a bit because I still have to trek out in it later so I can go redeem THIS little gem…

Oh baby, am I excited. Time for a little pampering! Smile

Question for the Morning:

If you had to choose, what’s your favorite way to get pampered? A massage? Facial? Mani-Pedi? Breakfast in bed?

I love me ALL of the above (although I’ve never had breakfast in bed, unless you count my mom bringing me dry toast while sick with a stomach bug when I was younger) but I also REALLY love scalp massages. They are soooo relaxing!

Comments

The snow looks so pretty! :) I wish we would have gotten snow today instead of this icky rain!

I would definitely go with the mani-pedi. There is nothing more relaxing than getting your nails and toes done. I love getting pedicures just for the foot spa and the massaging chair.
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Comfy Purple Favorite…

2. Khushboo says

What I’m about to tell you may make you hate me but it’s a risk I’m willing to take: spa treatments are super cheap in Mumbai so every Sunday morning without fail, my morning starts with a masseuse coming home for a 60-min massage followed by breakfast in bed- it’s heavenly!
    Khushboo recently posted..Quirk it out!

I love massages and mani/pedis. My friends got me a gift certificate this place called the Spa Castle, but I’m waiting to use it until the summer because the on top of getting your massage, the place has outdoor pools and jacuzzis where you can lounge around all day.
    No snow in NYC today. Just lots of cold rain. I think I might’ve preferred the snow, it looks so pretty!
    Enjoy your day of pampering! :)
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..My First Ticket

4. Whitney says

Hate to brag but it’s 79 and sunny in NC today!!! I am sooo ready for Spring and Summer! We have had such a mild winter and I’m not complaining. Enjoy the pampering! :)

That is such a tough one! Massages are my very favorite, but I typically choose manicures and pedicures first. I think this is because you can actually see the change with your nail color and you can’t see the difference with a massage. Although let’s be honest, I would give anything for a full day of spa treatment. How amazing would that be?!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Lighter Loaf

I am actually jealous that you have snow. I live on the coast of CT.. while the rest of the state got some snow.. we only got rain. I am sure you know and appreciate snow days.. and as a teacher, I am devastated that we have not had a single snow day this year! Yesterday.. the rest of the state at least got an early dismissal. But nothing for us! :(
    Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Personal Touches

I have to admit, it is nice to see some snow, even though its wet and heavy. It’s still pretty! If I were to really get pampered I would love a nice massage! I love mani pedi’s but I don’t feel like that is too special compared to other options.
    Mattie @ Comfy and Confident recently posted..Vegan Challenge

ooo i’m all about a good massage!! there’s almost ALWAYS tension in my back and shoulders, so i’m always up for them. a mani-pedi would be my second favorite. my mom and i always get mani-pedis together when she’s in town or i’m visiting her… it’s our little tradition. :) enjoy your day off!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..It’s Already March?!

I LOVE getting massages. I get them maybe 3 times a year. My dad gets me gift certificates and I save them for when I am particularly stressed and then I redeem them. Just got one last week, amazing! Never gotten a facial. And i chip my nails too much to justify paying for a manicure, but i think i am going to go buy some new polish colors and paint my own to make it feel more like spring!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..February Goals Recap

I had my AC on two days ago! The snow looks really pretty, but send some of it to Arkansas! :)
    I would definitely choose the massage, only because I have never had one. I am thinking that I am going to have to buy myself one. :)

Have a great day off!

Ah, snow! We haven’t had any in central Ohio except for a couple of very light days, and it was almost 70 degrees here yesterday. Crazy! I do kind of miss snow. I grew up in Rochester, NY (and went to college there), and generally they get a TON of snow. It seems so normal. I hope you stay warm today!

My favorite way to pamper myself is to get a massage. Google Calendar shows that it’s been a year and two months since I last had one, though! Wow.
    Jess recently posted..Wardrobe Staples: Trench Coat