I’m Not Even Going To Complain

by Courtney on March 1, 2012

March 1st already. Seriously? I still can’t believe it. I don’t know about any of you guys, but the month of February absolutely FLEW by for me. Sheesh! Where does the time go?

All I know is that it means we’re just one step closer to getting to spring, despite the fact that it currently looks like this outside.

But you know what? I’m not even going to complain (I know, shocker, right?) because it’s just so darn beautiful this morning. We’ll see how I feel in a few hours when I have to go out and shovel it all off of my car. Winking smile

Dinner

Last night, I was on my own for dinner which was perfectly fine because I really wasn’t in the mood for anything crazy. Our veggie drawer is still packed from Sunday’s grocery trip, so I made an attempt to create somewhat of a dent in it.

• romaine lettuce
  • cucumbers
  • grape tomatoes
  • onions
  • baby carrots
  • roasted veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, and sweet potatoes)
  • cold spaghetti squash (don’t knock it ‘til you try it)
  • 3 slices low-sodium deli turkey
  • 1 cubed wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
  • Ken’s Northern Italian dressing

I also had a couple rye-flavored Wasa crackers on the side, which I actually ended up crumbling right into the salad for some makeshift croutons…at least that’s what I told myself.

*****

I woke up this morning ready for breakfast. Not sure on a workout yet for today…I did end up doing my High Intensity Circuit Workout yesterday and, well, it basically killed me, just a little. I knew it had been a while since I last did it, but good lord was it hard! Plus, it didn’t help that I was still sore from Monday’s workout…which I’ll be sharing with you guys later today!

Nothing like a warm bowl of oats and a hot cup of coffee on a cold, snowy morning, right?

Today’s bowl of choice was my Mixed Berry French Toast Oatmeal, which was stuffed with tons of fresh strawberries and blueberries. Definitely lots of volume happenin’ today.

The oats also got a sprinkle of Love. Smile

Today is a day off of work for me, and I’m really hoping the snow slows up a bit because I still have to trek out in it later so I can go redeem THIS little gem…

Oh baby, am I excited. Time for a little pampering! Smile

Question for the Morning:

If you had to choose, what’s your favorite way to get pampered? A massage? Facial? Mani-Pedi? Breakfast in bed?

I love me ALL of the above (although I’ve never had breakfast in bed, unless you count my mom bringing me dry toast while sick with a stomach bug when I was younger) but I also REALLY love scalp massages. They are soooo relaxing!

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 1, 2012 at 8:55 am

The snow looks so pretty! :) I wish we would have gotten snow today instead of this icky rain!

I would definitely go with the mani-pedi. There is nothing more relaxing than getting your nails and toes done. I love getting pedicures just for the foot spa and the massaging chair.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Comfy Purple Favorite…

2 Khushboo March 1, 2012 at 9:00 am

What I’m about to tell you may make you hate me but it’s a risk I’m willing to take: spa treatments are super cheap in Mumbai so every Sunday morning without fail, my morning starts with a masseuse coming home for a 60-min massage followed by breakfast in bed- it’s heavenly!
Khushboo recently posted..Quirk it out!

3 Courtney March 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

I want to come to Mumbai…

4 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love facials and microderm treatments!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Why I Love Shopping at Whole Foods

5 Sana March 1, 2012 at 9:31 am

How is microderm? I def want to try but I am nervous!
Sana recently posted..Weight Loss Diary: 2.29.12

6 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 1, 2012 at 9:36 am

Realllly good! I find it very relaxing, it kind of feels like someone in rubbing your face with sand paper, but it doesn’t hurt! The esthetician controls the speed and rate that the crystals come shooting out, so if it starts to bother you she can lower the intensity. Its very beneficial for reducing acne and wrinkles due to aging. It can be pricey, but I SWEAR it is was cured my acne! Totally worth it :)

7 Sana March 1, 2012 at 9:39 am

Really?? I have a lot of acne scars do you think it would help? How long have you been getting it?
Sana recently posted..Weight Loss Diary: 2.29.12

8 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 1, 2012 at 9:49 am

Yes! I have been getting them done for about 3 years now. When my acne was bad I would go once every 6 months but now I go sparingly (about 1x every 3-4 months).

9 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 1, 2012 at 9:09 am

I love massages and mani/pedis. My friends got me a gift certificate this place called the Spa Castle, but I’m waiting to use it until the summer because the on top of getting your massage, the place has outdoor pools and jacuzzis where you can lounge around all day.
No snow in NYC today. Just lots of cold rain. I think I might’ve preferred the snow, it looks so pretty!
Enjoy your day of pampering! :)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..My First Ticket

10 Whitney March 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

Hate to brag but it’s 79 and sunny in NC today!!! I am sooo ready for Spring and Summer! We have had such a mild winter and I’m not complaining. Enjoy the pampering! :)

11 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

That is such a tough one! Massages are my very favorite, but I typically choose manicures and pedicures first. I think this is because you can actually see the change with your nail color and you can’t see the difference with a massage. Although let’s be honest, I would give anything for a full day of spa treatment. How amazing would that be?!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Lighter Loaf

12 Cait @ Beyond Bananas March 1, 2012 at 9:23 am

I am actually jealous that you have snow. I live on the coast of CT.. while the rest of the state got some snow.. we only got rain. I am sure you know and appreciate snow days.. and as a teacher, I am devastated that we have not had a single snow day this year! Yesterday.. the rest of the state at least got an early dismissal. But nothing for us! :(
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Personal Touches

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

I love a good pedicure that includes a nice, long foot massage. Heaven!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..WIAW and I love Publix.

14 Mattie @ Comfy and Confident March 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

I have to admit, it is nice to see some snow, even though its wet and heavy. It’s still pretty! If I were to really get pampered I would love a nice massage! I love mani pedi’s but I don’t feel like that is too special compared to other options.
Mattie @ Comfy and Confident recently posted..Vegan Challenge

15 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 1, 2012 at 9:30 am

ooo i’m all about a good massage!! there’s almost ALWAYS tension in my back and shoulders, so i’m always up for them. a mani-pedi would be my second favorite. my mom and i always get mani-pedis together when she’s in town or i’m visiting her… it’s our little tradition. :) enjoy your day off!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..It’s Already March?!

16 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 1, 2012 at 9:41 am

I LOVE getting massages. I get them maybe 3 times a year. My dad gets me gift certificates and I save them for when I am particularly stressed and then I redeem them. Just got one last week, amazing! Never gotten a facial. And i chip my nails too much to justify paying for a manicure, but i think i am going to go buy some new polish colors and paint my own to make it feel more like spring!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..February Goals Recap

17 Lindsey March 1, 2012 at 9:46 am

I love pedicures :) Breakfast in bed is always welcome too thought :)
Lindsey recently posted..Pumpkin Carrot Bran Muffins

18 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 1, 2012 at 9:50 am

Definitely a mani-pedi! And it looks similar outside in NH right now :) and we’re still expecting another 6-8 inches today!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..The Paris Wife – and Wine :)

19 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers March 1, 2012 at 9:50 am

Massage! Definitely massage. (though a nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant is pretty good too)

And you’re right; the snow really is beautiful!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Tempeh Veggie Bowl

20 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 1, 2012 at 9:52 am

A good massage is the best pampering in my opinion – everything else (manicures, etc) I can do on my own. :)

21 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 1, 2012 at 9:52 am

Favorite way to get pampered is a massage! Your dishes look great! You convinced me, I’m making oatmeal for breakfast!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter Lovers Day & Giveaway

22 Melissa @ Some Sugar Added March 1, 2012 at 9:53 am

Facials! They are the best combination of a back and scalp massage, so relaxing. And I’m actually really jealous you’re getting snow…we haven’t had any in Jersey this winter, and I’m hoping for just one good snow day before spring arrives!
Melissa @ Some Sugar Added recently posted..Peanut Butter & Coupons

23 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 1, 2012 at 9:53 am

massage definitely! I wish I could get one once a week! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..February Recap Linkup

24 Brandi March 1, 2012 at 10:00 am

I had my AC on two days ago! The snow looks really pretty, but send some of it to Arkansas! :)
I would definitely choose the massage, only because I have never had one. I am thinking that I am going to have to buy myself one. :)

Have a great day off!

25 Steph @ StephSnacks March 1, 2012 at 10:00 am

I definitely love to get a massage! I have a gift certificate that I am saving for sometime in the Spring. Next weekend I am getting a facial, though ;)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Banana Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

26 Ruthie Hart March 1, 2012 at 10:05 am

oh my gosh that is outside your window right now?!?! Courtney it was 79 degrees in Austin yesterday, and humid…death!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..February Photo A Day pt. 2

27 Shannon March 1, 2012 at 10:06 am

Facial
Shannon recently posted..Two posts that you should read

28 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 1, 2012 at 10:06 am

That snow is stunning! WOW! So gosh-darn-beauttiful! :)
I would do a massage! Oh heavens do I want one RIGHT NOW!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!

29 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 1, 2012 at 10:17 am

I recently found a deal at a local spa for a 30 min Swedish massage, 30 min head stress relieving massage, and 30 min foot reflexology massage. Heaven, I tell you!!!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Wedding Wednesday: Our Engagement Story

30 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans March 1, 2012 at 10:35 am

My favorite way to get pampered is definitely a pedicure. Its so relaxing!
Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans recently posted..The Running Group

31 Jess March 1, 2012 at 10:37 am

Ah, snow! We haven’t had any in central Ohio except for a couple of very light days, and it was almost 70 degrees here yesterday. Crazy! I do kind of miss snow. I grew up in Rochester, NY (and went to college there), and generally they get a TON of snow. It seems so normal. I hope you stay warm today!

My favorite way to pamper myself is to get a massage. Google Calendar shows that it’s been a year and two months since I last had one, though! Wow.
Jess recently posted..Wardrobe Staples: Trench Coat

32 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 1, 2012 at 10:50 am

Oooh, sounds like a fun day ahead! I love massages!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 2

33 Debbie (Accidently Delish) March 1, 2012 at 11:28 am

i have recently become addicted to pedicures! i had never had one until recently and now i can’t get enough!!

34 Jane {In the Pink and Green} March 1, 2012 at 11:32 am

It’s blizzarding here in Lake Tahoe right now and I’m not a fan! It’s pretty, but I don’t like driving in it…at all…Spring needs to hurry up! :)
Jane {In the Pink and Green} recently posted..A little change of plans…

35 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 1, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’ve never had a massage, but I feel like that would be really relaxing! And after that, a manicure! So–a mix of both! lol

That is a lot of snow by you!! Hopefully you guys will be thawed out soon!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Rustic Apple-Almond Tart

36 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 1, 2012 at 11:47 am

It’s so bizarre to me that it’s snowing there and it feels like the first day of summer here.. not to rub it in your face or anything ;)
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A New Start

37 Julie March 1, 2012 at 11:57 am

Ahhhh I’m obsessed with massages! Well, obsessed might not be the right word because I only get one about every six months. But Bliss Spa has the world’s most amazing foot wrap that completely relaxes me while they give the massage! :-) Happy March!
Julie recently posted..The Paris Wife and WIAW for Leap Day

38 JN March 1, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Do I have to choose one? I really love facials, but wouldn’t mind throwing a mani-pedi in there too. :)

39 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I would choose a massage – all the time! I’m actually getting one on Saturday and I cannot wait!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..blueberry basil muffins

40 erica March 1, 2012 at 3:02 pm

i love a mani/pedi, but if you’re going for a special relaxing treat, i’m all about massages!!!
erica recently posted..On the go…

41 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 1, 2012 at 7:27 pm

i put cold spaghetti squash in my salads all the time! i love it paired with balsamic or newmans own light sesame ginger! then its like an asian noodle bowl :-)
i definitely love massages. there is nothing like relaxing music, good scented oils and working out all the stress!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..I Need To Vent

42 cpt coding March 12, 2012 at 4:01 am

I agreed with CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com. Thank You!
cpt coding recently posted..CPT Codes