Already One Year Ago

by Courtney on March 3, 2012

As you guys know, I always love a reason for a good celebration. Well today, we had another special thing to celebrate!

Brody turned one year old!

I cannot believe that he’s already a year old. It absolutely boggles my mind just how fast life goes. It seems like just yesterday we were visiting Brook and Andrea in the hospital!

Yes, yes we do. Smile

I had to work for a few hours this morning, so as soon as I got off, I headed over and met Jay and the rest of the crew for Brody’s birthday party. Andrea put out a fantastic brunch spread, complete with three different kinds of quiche, French toast, muffins, sandwiches, and fruit.

I helped myself to a little of everything, and then went back for seconds of quiche and muffins. Yum!

Shortly after eating brunch, it was time to cut into the birthday cake. Is this thing not adorable or what?!?

Brook had actually told us while we were in Mexico that he was planning on taking on the task of the birthday cake all on his own and I must say…he did an awesome job!

Unfortunately, Brody isn’t a huge fan of the “Happy Birthday” song…even after they had been practicing all week.

Luckily, he cheered up rather quickly and I was able to get my hands on the little cutie pie.

And then we hung out and had some birthday cake together. I fed him his healthier carrot cake (Andrea is so good), and I enjoyed my deliciously sugary piece, as well as a piece of cocoa rice crispy treats, which you can see next to my arm there.

Seriously…why don’t we make rice crispy treats more often? They’re so simple, yet SO delicious.

Once the “party” portion of the day was over, we all sat in the living room and watched slideshows of all of our pictures from Mexico on the TV. It was so fun to not only re-live our vacation again, but also to see so many other pictures from the week that we hadn’t seen before.

Some favorites…

DSCN0616

DSCN0690

DSCN0720

DSCN0746

So many great memories. Smile

*****

Not sure what’s on for the rest of the evening, but if it involves cozies, I’m totally okay with that! Hope everyone’s having a great Saturday!

1 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes March 3, 2012 at 6:11 pm

That cake looks like it is KNIT! Super cute though. Brody is adorable and doesn’t look like he knows or cares that it’s his birthday :)
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Stop Shaving Your Legs For Early Retirement

2 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 3, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Love that cake! My nephew’s first birthday party had the cutest Elmo cake that my sister-in-law’s family made. It was adorable! Now he is 7 years old and in the 2nd grade. They grow up so fast!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Road Trip

3 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 3, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Wow, that cake is adorable!! I would just love to spoon all that frosting! Bad, bad bad!! Happy Birthday to Brody! Boy, don’t they do grow so fast!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peach Pancakes

4 Shari March 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

That cake is amazingly adorable!!
Shari recently posted..Power of Print.

5 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

That’s gotta be one of the coolest kid’s cakes ever!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding – A Healthier Tapioca Pudding!

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 3, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Awww Happy birthday to Brody! What a cutie pie! My son hated happy birthday at his first birthday and cried at every birthday party we went to that it was sung at. After a lot of practicing, we got through his second without tears.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Few Changes

7 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 3, 2012 at 6:30 pm

you look like a natural with little brody! ;) he’s adorable! and i love his cake – great job brook!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Girls’ Day At Its Finest

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 3, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Wow… the cake looks amazing!!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Simple Saturday

9 Michelle (Better with Berries) March 3, 2012 at 9:44 pm

That baby sure knows how to throw a party :-) And that cake is AMAZING!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..March Goals

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 3, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Happy Birthday, Brody! So cute! I love seeing how kids react to their first birthday and birthday cake. Some kids love it, and some get so freaked out!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Carbonara Craziness.

11 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 3, 2012 at 10:55 pm

You look so nice and tan in those pictures, I am jealous!
First birthdays are so much fun. I loved watching what my daughter would do with the cake since it was her first taste of anything sweet besides fruit. She had quite the look of surprise on her face. I am excited to do it again with my littlest in a couple months.
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..A Blogger Rite of Passage

12 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries March 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Awww happy birthday to Brody! I’m having a nice relaxing Saturday which includes watching lifetime movies :) I love it! Hope you have a great weekend!

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm

He’s such a cutie! Looks like such a fun day! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What would YOU do?

14 Khushboo March 4, 2012 at 12:15 am

Wow does Brook have any past experience in baking- impressive skills!
Khushboo recently posted..Carrot cake craving

15 Carrie March 4, 2012 at 1:59 am

I love the 1 year old cakes! They always get sooooo messy it’s adorable!
Carrie recently posted..THE ARNOLD

16 Emilia March 4, 2012 at 7:33 am

That cake is amazing, so sweet for a first birthday! Looks like you had quite a fun day and I totally agree on rice krispie treats. They should be made with much more frequency :)
Emilia recently posted..The Importance of Butter: Cafe Retreat’s Croissant

17 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 4, 2012 at 9:55 am

What an adorable cake!!! I can’t believe that’s not professionally made! I bet it tasted amazing too ;)
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..Shamrocks and Pizza

18 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 4, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I love your rain dance story! Now that’s what I call having Fun and Living in the moment…
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Pancakes or Eggs

19 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath March 4, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Aww such a cute cake— and a very cute baby! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable Sunday

20 Kristin @ FoodFash March 4, 2012 at 6:07 pm

What a fun weekend! Baby birthdays are always a good time :)
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Busy Bee Weekend