Four Random Thoughts

Well heyyyy, would ya look at that.

Another breakfast-esque meal being eaten by me not at breakfast time. Shocking. Winking smile

I did, however, make the typical egg, provolone, and jam sandwich a little more lunch-worthy by adding a couple slices of low sodium deli turkey.

Awesome combo, FYI!

I also made sure to get some veggies in by adding some baby carrots and cucumber sticks with hummus to my plate.

So actually, I guess now the more that I look at it, it really is more lunch-like than breakfast. Apparently English muffins automatically make me think breakfast?

*****

Most of my late morning and afternoon have been spent working on some freelance stuff, as well as some house stuff, but in the midst of it all, I did happen to come up with a few random thoughts for today, so I figured I’d share ‘em. I apologize ahead of time for being totally random and spacy. Winking smile

1. Would you believe that it’s already been one whole month since Jay and I left for Mexico? I cannot even believe that it’s already been that long. Man, time flies!

IMG_2040

2. I’ve been meaning to share this with you all, but last week, I ended up wasting a good 45 minutes of my life putting on these nail stickers.

IMG_2578IMG_2579

I bought them because I loved the design, but I seriously want those 45 minutes of my life back because they started to peel within hours of putting them on. I don’t know if any of you have had any luck with these, but I know I will be saving my money next time!

3. Tonight, I’m going to be making something extra special using this…

Have any of you tried this Gummy-flavored Vodka before? If not…do it.

4. My brother sent me this picture the other day and I literally spit out the water I was sipping as soon as I saw it.

Is that not hilarious or what?!? It’s my Cody! And while we’re on the topic of funny cat pictures, this one makes me giggle, without fail, every.single.time.

What is it about me and cat humor? Smile

And finally, in case you’re in need of some extra reading material for today…

Comments

• Christina says

I think Courtney just got a bad batch or something, because I’ve used them tons and actually had the opposite effect…they stayed on so good that it was a real effort taking them off! I’d give it a go, they’re so cute and easy.

• Caitlin says

I agree! You have to make sure you really prep your nails well! I make sure to file them really well and use nailpolish remove RIGHT before you put them on. It seems when your nails are really clean they stick better. Also try holding you thumb over it for a few seconds, the “heat” seems to help it bond too!

1. Erin says

With the gummy flavored vodka, do you use the lime jello or some other kind?? This is a great idea for tomorrow!

Oooh, please share that drink recipe!! I bought a nip of the Gummy flavor (among others) because 1. I wasn’t sure I’d like any flavor enough to buy a whole big bottle and 2. I want to try them all and can’t have 20 different bottles of vodka in my house. I have yet to try it though!
    Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC recently posted..How Clean is That Restaurant?

I think I love cat humour too!! That catnip one is so funny/cute, you’re right.

If you haven’t seen this funny kung-fu bear video, then you MUST watch it. It got the best of me last weekend lol. It’s kinda long, but worth the watch 😉

char eats GREENS recently posted..friday facts

4. Lisa says

That gummy vodka sounds amazing! Hopefully they have it in Canada..also I hate those nails! I heard from other people how good they were, and they took so long to put on…way longer than it takes to put on nail polish, and 10 minutes later when I looked at my nails they were all chipped…good grief, looks like I’ll actually have to spend more money at the salon if I want my nail polish to last…darn

Eggs? Jelly? English Muffin? Totally breakfast. I ate OIAJ for lunch, and a giant cereal/fruit mix bowl last night for dinner, so I guess I’m having a breakfast moment over here.

Thanks for the tips about the (not so great) nail stickers and the (completely amazing) vodka. Both will be informing my weekend purchases. 😉
    Melissa recently posted..It Is Nearly Impossible . . .

6. Kristen says

I tried the sticker nails… it’s a GOOD thing they are peeling off of you. Mine lasted the full time and so I naturally thought they were amazing… well too bad it peeled tons of layers of my nails off! They looked horrible so I put nail polish on top… annnd stained my nails until they grew out. Not a fun experience.

I have tried the Gummy…as well as Cotton Candy (a little sweet)…as well as the Whipped Cream, which if you have not tried, you MUST. With Diet Root Beer. Fantastic!!! Also good with plain old seltzer! Next I would like to try Cake flavored….
    Lauri recently posted..Pumpkin Patch Birthday Party

8. Beatriz says

I love all of your stuff here, it’s seems a complete set of collection from deliciousness, beauty and wild life happiness…
    Beatriz recently posted..1300 number

9. Melissa says

please forgive me for these random questions but your rings are beautiful!! does the wedding band go all the way around?! and what kind of jam is that? it looks delicious! i’m over strawberry and raspberry hahaha
    love the blog! :)

• Courtney says

Thank you! No, the band doesn’t go all the way around…there’s 7 diamonds that run flush against the engagement ring. I just love it!

And I use the Raspberry Polaner All-Fruit Spread. It’s a favorite of mine :)

Thanks for reading, Melissa!

Trackbacks