Four Random Thoughts

by Courtney on March 16, 2012

Well heyyyy, would ya look at that.

Another breakfast-esque meal being eaten by me not at breakfast time. Shocking. Winking smile

I did, however, make the typical egg, provolone, and jam sandwich a little more lunch-worthy by adding a couple slices of low sodium deli turkey.

Awesome combo, FYI!

I also made sure to get some veggies in by adding some baby carrots and cucumber sticks with hummus to my plate.

So actually, I guess now the more that I look at it, it really is more lunch-like than breakfast. Apparently English muffins automatically make me think breakfast?

*****

Most of my late morning and afternoon have been spent working on some freelance stuff, as well as some house stuff, but in the midst of it all, I did happen to come up with a few random thoughts for today, so I figured I’d share ‘em. I apologize ahead of time for being totally random and spacy. Winking smile

1. Would you believe that it’s already been one whole month since Jay and I left for Mexico? I cannot even believe that it’s already been that long. Man, time flies!

IMG_2040

2. I’ve been meaning to share this with you all, but last week, I ended up wasting a good 45 minutes of my life putting on these nail stickers.

IMG_2578IMG_2579

I bought them because I loved the design, but I seriously want those 45 minutes of my life back because they started to peel within hours of putting them on. I don’t know if any of you have had any luck with these, but I know I will be saving my money next time!

3. Tonight, I’m going to be making something extra special using this…

Have any of you tried this Gummy-flavored Vodka before? If not…do it.

4. My brother sent me this picture the other day and I literally spit out the water I was sipping as soon as I saw it.

Is that not hilarious or what?!? It’s my Cody! And while we’re on the topic of funny cat pictures, this one makes me giggle, without fail, every.single.time.

What is it about me and cat humor? Smile

And finally, in case you’re in need of some extra reading material for today…

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 16, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I’ve actually been thinking about trying that sticker nail polish, so thanks for the heads up! I think I’ll pass on it.
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Mouthwatering White Pizza

2 Christina March 16, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I think Courtney just got a bad batch or something, because I’ve used them tons and actually had the opposite effect…they stayed on so good that it was a real effort taking them off! I’d give it a go, they’re so cute and easy.

3 Caitlin March 16, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I agree! You have to make sure you really prep your nails well! I make sure to file them really well and use nailpolish remove RIGHT before you put them on. It seems when your nails are really clean they stick better. Also try holding you thumb over it for a few seconds, the “heat” seems to help it bond too!

4 Courtney March 20, 2012 at 7:31 am

Sounds like I may have to give ‘em another go! :)

5 Khushboo March 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Apparently I am on a breakfast kick too today- both lunch and dinner involved eggs oh boy did they hit the spot! I feel like thus whole year is flying- how is it already mid-March??
Khushboo recently posted..Cell phone = cell damage?

6 Erin March 16, 2012 at 2:25 pm

With the gummy flavored vodka, do you use the lime jello or some other kind?? This is a great idea for tomorrow!

7 Courtney March 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I’m planning on using it with lime jello for tomorrow! ;)

8 mandee March 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

ahhhh, that is a great idea!!! i’ve been looking for a vodka to use for “boozy bears” aka vodka soaked gummy bears (they’re amazing), and that sounds awesome. the melon that i used last time was just, eh.
mandee recently posted..Dark Chocolate Raspberry Kiss Cakes

9 Courtney March 20, 2012 at 7:32 am

I usually like to make “boozy bears” with Malibu rum. Yum!

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm

The cat picture with the catnip made me laugh out loud, too … which rarely happens with pictures!! Hilarious!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Where’s all the Fro-Yo?

11 Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC March 16, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Oooh, please share that drink recipe!! I bought a nip of the Gummy flavor (among others) because 1. I wasn’t sure I’d like any flavor enough to buy a whole big bottle and 2. I want to try them all and can’t have 20 different bottles of vodka in my house. I have yet to try it though!
Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC recently posted..How Clean is That Restaurant?

12 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer March 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

You absolutely can have 20 bottles of vodka in your house! I’m a flavored vodka fan, and I always try new flavors. If you don’t like it, pawn it off on your friends…”you gotta try this, it’s so good” ;)
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Poppin’ Caps!

13 Katherine @ the kats meow March 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I love the gummy-flavored vodka with fruit punch, you can barely taste it!
Katherine @ the kats meow recently posted..The Cheesecake Factory

14 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer March 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Oh yeah, that gummy vodka, AMAZING!!!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Poppin’ Caps!

15 Catherine March 16, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I love cat humor! & cats, duh! :)

16 char eats GREENS March 16, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I think I love cat humour too!! That catnip one is so funny/cute, you’re right.

If you haven’t seen this funny kung-fu bear video, then you MUST watch it. It got the best of me last weekend lol. It’s kinda long, but worth the watch ;)

char eats GREENS recently posted..friday facts

17 Jen @ Whittle My Middle March 16, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I tried those nail stickers as well and love them! I even tried the same sparkly ones. The only thing was that they were a pain to take off. Lots of soaking the nails in remover on those ones.
Jen @ Whittle My Middle recently posted..[Recipe] Coconut Lemon Mini Muffins

18 Kaelin March 16, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I could live on breakfast food. Nothing wrong with that!

I found a hilarious (well, to me.) cat picture on pinterest last night:

Wish I could post the picture in this comment, but it cracks me up every time!!

19 Lisa March 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm

That gummy vodka sounds amazing! Hopefully they have it in Canada..also I hate those nails! I heard from other people how good they were, and they took so long to put on…way longer than it takes to put on nail polish, and 10 minutes later when I looked at my nails they were all chipped…good grief, looks like I’ll actually have to spend more money at the salon if I want my nail polish to last…darn

20 Melissa March 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Eggs? Jelly? English Muffin? Totally breakfast. I ate OIAJ for lunch, and a giant cereal/fruit mix bowl last night for dinner, so I guess I’m having a breakfast moment over here.

Thanks for the tips about the (not so great) nail stickers and the (completely amazing) vodka. Both will be informing my weekend purchases. ;)
Melissa recently posted..It Is Nearly Impossible . . .

21 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Weird! I put those sticker things on my toes before and put a really thick clear coat over them and it lasted for weeks! maybe just cuz it was my toes since they arent “used” as much as your hands!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Random Time & Nail Polish

22 Kristen March 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I tried the sticker nails… it’s a GOOD thing they are peeling off of you. Mine lasted the full time and so I naturally thought they were amazing… well too bad it peeled tons of layers of my nails off! They looked horrible so I put nail polish on top… annnd stained my nails until they grew out. Not a fun experience.

23 Michelle (Better with Berries) March 16, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Eggs are always good, any time of day!
Gummy-flavored vodka sounds interesting! Does it taste like swedish fish (like the picture)?
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..WIAW: First barbecue of the year!

24 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness March 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I’m more of a wine girl…is the gummy-flavored vodka super sweet??
And it is the little things that make us laugh! Love the cat pics…from one cat owner to another:)

25 Courtney March 20, 2012 at 7:34 am

Well, I only tried it in jell-o, so it’s tough to say, haha!

26 Lauri March 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I have tried the Gummy…as well as Cotton Candy (a little sweet)…as well as the Whipped Cream, which if you have not tried, you MUST. With Diet Root Beer. Fantastic!!! Also good with plain old seltzer! Next I would like to try Cake flavored….
Lauri recently posted..Pumpkin Patch Birthday Party

27 Lauri March 16, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I also meant to say that the Gummy tastes EXACTLY like swedish fish. And smells like it. So if you like Swedish fish, you will love it!
Lauri recently posted..Pumpkin Patch Birthday Party

28 Courtney March 20, 2012 at 7:34 am

Agreed!!

29 Melissa @ Some Sugar Added March 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I am obsessed with cat humor! Do you subscribe to icanhascheezburger.com? So funny!!
Melissa @ Some Sugar Added recently posted..Guinness Brownies with Irish Buttercream Frosting

30 Melissa March 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm

that vodka looks SO yummy! what types of mixers are you thinking of using with it?
Melissa recently posted..Bestselling Author Shares 3 Tips for Building Your Blog Audience

31 Melissa March 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm

im heading out to AZ for spring break and your picture of the pool is making me SO excited!
Melissa recently posted..the ever poopular A-Z post!

32 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 16, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Bahaha that cat picture with the ribbon is cracking me up… hilarious.
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..Kyle the Leprechaun

33 Beatriz March 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I love all of your stuff here, it’s seems a complete set of collection from deliciousness, beauty and wild life happiness…
Beatriz recently posted..1300 number

34 Alaina March 16, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I love those pictures. My favorite is with a cat looking stoned and it says “Dude…what, what?” Haha.

Have a great weekend!!
Alaina recently posted..The Revolution

35 Melissa March 16, 2012 at 6:52 pm

please forgive me for these random questions but your rings are beautiful!! does the wedding band go all the way around?! and what kind of jam is that? it looks delicious! i’m over strawberry and raspberry hahaha
love the blog! :)

36 Courtney March 20, 2012 at 7:36 am

Thank you! No, the band doesn’t go all the way around…there’s 7 diamonds that run flush against the engagement ring. I just love it!

And I use the Raspberry Polaner All-Fruit Spread. It’s a favorite of mine :)

Thanks for reading, Melissa!

37 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 18, 2012 at 7:47 am

My husband was JUST telling me about that vodka! I can’t wait to hear how the jello shots turned out!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekday Cookout