They Know How To Lay A Mean Egg

Top ‘o the mornin’ to ya! I am sooooo excited it’s finally Friday. I don’t know about you, but this week seemed to take forever to pass, and I’m pretty sure that’s due to the fact that Jay and I have a pretty awesome St. Patty’s Day planned tomorrow.

Good lord, I am a nutcase (circa St. Patty’s Day 2011 in Target). Can you tell we like this holiday or what?

We’ll be heading over to our friends’ Sarah & Jeff’s place for the annual Kegs & Eggs Shenanigans party which, from the sounds of it, is going to be quite a blast. Tonight, I have plans to make a batch of my Overnight French Toast (request by Sarah) some sort of green treat (I’m nixing the Irish Cream cupcakes – I know they won’t get eaten), as well as some “special green jell-o” (wink, wink). Winking smile

*****

By the time I got home last night from wedding dress shopping with Mal, it was already time to make some dinner. I had already known that Jay was working late, meaning I was on my own dinner, which had me immediately craving one thing:

Breakfast for Dinner! Or, shall I say, “Brinner?”

Over the weekend while I was hanging out with the girls, I wound up getting a dozen eggs from my friend Kathryn, who actually raises chickens at her house. I’ve been anticipating these eggs ever since she first got the chickens, so I was super psyched to be able to finally get my hands on some. I’d never had farm fresh eggs like that before!

I used one egg + two egg whites to make one heck of a veggie scramble, complete with a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese (scrambled right into the eggs), red peppers, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, and fresh spinach. It was probably one of the best scrambles I’ve ever made, and I’m attributing its success all to Kathryn’s chickens. Those bad boys know how to lay a mean egg. Winking smile

On the side, I had a lightly toasted whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter and Raspberry Polaner All-Fruit.

Breakfast food is seriously the best, isn’t it?

*****

Workout

This morning, I had an early shift at work, which also allowed me time to get my planned Bootcamp workout in for the day. Today was another round of last Friday’s workout, and I’m not ashamed to say that it was just as hard. Functional Training is no joke!

Breakfast

I was on top of my game last night and was actually thinking ahead, so I put together the beginning stages for a batch of Voluminous Oats.

However, by the time I got home this morning and finished cooking up the oats, I was wayyy too hungry to wait to take pictures, so you get a recycled one today.

Oddly enough, that picture there looks pretty much like an exact replica of today’s- lots of berries, granola, and fluffy oats. Yum!

*****

Hey, guess what? I’ve actually got a Fashion Friday post comin’ atcha this afternoon. It’s been quite a while!

Question for the Morning:

If you could pick any five foods to get fresh from a farm/garden/etc. (not from a store), what would they be?

Comments

• Katie says

There’s a dairy farm near me that raises the cows, and makes the ice cream on premises! DELISH! They have a PB&J variety that’s out of this world!

1. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

You can really taste the difference between farm fresh eggs and store bought ones. My boyfriend’s mom has a friend who raises his own chickens and holy Molly when she makes breakfast with those bad boys it’s pretty amazing.
    I guess the same kind of goes for almost everything. I know if I go to the farmers market for produce, you can taste the difference.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Awesome Weather WIAW

2. Katie says

Garden fresh tomatoes are irresistable! Slice them down, sprinkle of coarse salt, and that’s basically what I live off of during steamy summer nights!

I also have a friend who raises bees, and his honey is just incredible. Like nothing you’ve ever tasted from the jolly little supermarket honey bear!

oh i couldn’t agree more – breakfast food is certainly the BEST! :)
    if i could choose any five foods to get fresh, i’d definitely have to go with eggs (like you said, there IS a difference), berries (all kinds!), tomatoes, corn, and sweet potatoes. most of the foods i mentioned aren’t always in the best in the stores, so it’d be nice to be able to get them more fresh. they’re also some of my top favorite produce!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..It’s The Little Things

hmmm… definitely eggs. You’re right, they taste much better fresh. My other 4 would have to be apples, oranges, spinach and carrots. All those things taste so good when they’re super fresh! Enyjoy your St. Patty’s Day!!
    Kate @ ibrokemyumbrella recently posted..Friday Favorites

When I was growing up, we had a neighbor go on vacation and they paid me to collect their chicken’s eggs. It was a very interesting experience. I’ll leave it at that.

My favorite fresh foods are mostly berries. There is something great about a blueberry, blackberry, or raspberry picked right from the plant. I also LOVE fresh green beans and sugar snap peas.
    Carolyn recently posted..Happy Friday & A Few Random Thoughts

I would get
    1. Eggs: organic eggs are the BEST. You can taste and smell the difference!
    2. Goat’s milk for my dog: she drinks goat’s milk for probiotics since she is on an all raw meat diet (she’s healthier than we are!) She has lost around 15 lbs. since starting her new diet. Keep in mind she’s only supposed to be a 35 lb. dog and she was around 60 when we got her three months ago!
    3. Cucumbers: Something about farm fresh cucs is SO GOOD!
    4. Herbs and spices
    5. POSSIBLY a special treat of grass-fed beef…this would have to be for a holiday or something because I don’t eat meat routinely :-)
    Claire recently posted..Brownie Sabotage

I think it would so handy to have a garden in my yard with foods I eat almost on a weekly basis: Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Peppers, Jalepenos, Broccoli & Raspberries

The is only one no wait 2 problems- my dogs Zoey and Neeka….. ha but I love them more than a garden! :)
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Chicken Veggie Rice Bake

I loved up to you’ll obtain carried out right here. The cartoon is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you would like be delivering the following. unwell for sure come more until now once more since precisely the same just about a lot incessantly within case you shield this increase.

Trackbacks

1. […] have anything with any sort of heat to it. On Friday evening, I was lucky enough to get my hands on another batch of Kathryn’s chickens’ eggs and have been dying to have some ever since. They’re seriously just so […]