Outlet Shopping + Yummy Food

by Courtney on April 15, 2012

Oh man, talk about a great Saturday!

I spent the majority of yesterday doing a few things around the house, reading out in the sunshine, and just enjoying my leisure time. It was great.

Around 4:00, still not showered or anything, I asked Jay what the plan was for the rest of the day/evening. He had mentioned something earlier in the week about possibly hitting up the outlets for some shopping, but I assumed by this point he wasn’t interested.

Shockingly enough, he said he was still game, so I took that as my cue to finally get my behind up and showered. It was time to shop, baby!

Quick pit stop for dinner on the way first though…

I went with the usual order, but you’d think by now that I’d learn to go easy on that spicy roasted corn relish. Goodness gracious.

Nothin’ like a Chipotle chicken burrito bowl + chips and guac to fuel you up for some shopping, right?

Jay and I traveled up to the Factory Outlets of Lake George, which are just about an hour north from us. Not a bad ride by any means. Jay managed to find a couple new plaid shirts to add to his usual rotation, and I scored a few good finds of my own.

Gap purchases: blue sleeveless top & grey 3/4 sleeve top

I loved the back detailing on this one.

Banana Republic Purchases: 3/4 sleeve white cardigan + 2 new dresses

The black dress in the middle was a lot different than anything else I own, and it fit perfect, so I had to have it. I’m sure it’ll get used at least once with all of the weddings and bridal showers I have coming up in the next few months. But my favorite purchase, by FAR, was the maxi dress.

IMG_3507 (*creeper spotting*)

Check out the deal I scored on this baby!

It’s a super-light polyester fabric, which will be absolutely perfect for warm summer days. I can already tell I’m going to want to live in this thing. Winking smile

Post-shopping (FYI: the outlets are DEAD at 7pm on a Saturday) we took a quick ride up the road to my most favorite ice cream place of all time

Now, I am a lover of ALL ice cream, there is no doubt about that. But Martha’s will ALWAYS be my #1 for soft serve ice cream. It’s always such a treat to be able to stop and get some.

Red raspberry & vanilla twist with rainbow sprinkles. Ohhhh yes. Smile

*****

Breakfast

This morning, I’ve been enjoying another leisurely morning, complete with coffee in my PJ’s, some coupon clipping, and a delicious breakfast sandwich.

I used up the last piece of leftover ham from Thursday to make an egg white, Swiss, and ham sandwich with raspberry jam on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

It was perfection.

Now it’s about time to get back to clipping those coupons and head out to restock the house. We are pretty much out of everything right now.

Have a great Sunday, friends! Smile

1 Michelle@Peachy Palate April 15, 2012 at 10:59 am

Some nice bargains! Love the black dress!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Protein Pancakes!!!

2 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 15, 2012 at 11:15 am

I think I need to go check out the BR outlet! Such cute dresses!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Asian Miso Marinated Fish

3 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 15, 2012 at 11:17 am

Oh you got some great finds. I so need to go to the outlets. Went to TJ Maxx yesterday and didn’t see to much!! I LOVE Chipotle. So glad they finally opened one near me. I love having the chicken fajita in a bowl and I love that they carry brown rice!!

Enjoy your Sunday!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Caprese Pesto Panini Sandwich

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 15, 2012 at 11:19 am

I could eat chipotle any day of the week – I just had some on Friday and you have me already craving it again!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

5 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

LOVE that maxi dress. I always seem to think that I’m going to look bad in a maxi dress…but I think I need to rethink that and try it out :). Hope you have a great Sunday <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Lighter Workouts Are Needed Right Now

6 Khushboo April 15, 2012 at 11:26 am

Love that maxi dress! Ice cream + Retail therapy = proof that money CAN buy happiness ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Cut the CREPE…and make healthier pancakes instead

7 Lisa April 15, 2012 at 11:32 am

Love the dress! I love outlet shopping, but hardly ever go. I should get on that sometime soon! Sounds like a great Saturday! Hope your sunday is great too!
Lisa recently posted..Fitness loves this week

8 Sana April 15, 2012 at 11:49 am

I love shopping!

9 A.V. April 15, 2012 at 11:58 am

Martha’s is the best ice cream around! I wish I lived closer to Lake George so I can go more often.

10 Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 15, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Chipotle is my fav! Super cute outlet finds, by the way :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..rainy morning

11 Silvia @ skinny jeans food April 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

haha, if you even need a new blog header picture to capture the ‘sweet tooth’ theme part of your blog, take the sprinkles ice cream cone!!!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Sandwich Symphony

12 chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

wow that is such an amazing bargain! i wish I had outlets close by to shop at!..soft serve cones are one of my favorite things ever.
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..This week I..

13 Melissa April 15, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I was just at the Lake George outlets last week when I was traveling up to VT, love them! We had lunch at the Log Jam right next to the outlets, which was really good if you ever need a lunch spot up there :)
Melissa recently posted..Tamales!

14 Shannon April 15, 2012 at 1:14 pm

You picked out some great things! I absolutely love those two dresses. I’ve never been to Martha’s but now I really want to head up there and get some soft serve. Hands down, my all time favorite soft serve is at Kurver Kreme (and that’s coming from a Rensselaer County girl). Shouldn’t it be the Snowman? Well, that’s a very close second in my ice cream book. :)

That red raspberry vanilla twist with sprinkles looks me oh my delicious! I want to go to Martha’s!

15 Danica @ It's Progression April 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I have to drive hours to find the nearest outlet mall, but it’s always so worth it. Maxi dresses are so comfortable–I just recently bought 2 new ones to wear to my bridal showers coming up next month!
Hope you have a great Sunday!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Workouts 4/8 – 4/14: 9 miles and a Half Marathon Training Funk

16 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath April 15, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Looks like a great Saturday–any day that ends with ice cream is okay by me! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..When I grow up…

17 Megan @ The I-Do Diaries April 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm

What a perfect weekend you’ve had! I was just telling some friends this morning that I needed to find a good maxi dress, that one you scored is gorgeous (the price certainly helps too haha) Our Sundays sound very similar-coffee, leisurely breakfasts and coupon clipping. This is my first visit to your blog, can’t wait to revisit :)
Megan @ The I-Do Diaries recently posted..Instagram, And My First Attempt at Cake Pops

18 Courtney April 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Welcome aboard, Megan! Hope to see you around some more! :)

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 15, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I need to do some shopping for sure! I have ran out of clothes that fit and I’ll be needing to find some sort of cute maxi dress for summer weddings!
Way to score a deal! —- and those sprinkles on your ice cream just scream “FUN!!!!”
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Words of a With-child Woman- The one with the Trampoline Bladder

20 Courtney April 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Haha, why am I not surprised you like the sprinkles? ;)

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Awesome day!! We got Chipotle this weekend, too! I had a vegetarian bowl with rice, beans, guac, lots of mild and corn salsa, green peppers and onions, and lettuce. SO good!!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The perfect springtime dessert.

22 Ashlee April 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I could really go for some outlet shopping! I live about twenty minutes from the LG Outlets I love the Yankee candle there because they have great deals. The clothing shops are great as well. In the summer I like to walk in Lake George village because it is just a nice view and window shopping is fun.

23 Katy April 15, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Love the dresses!!!
I look forward to Sunday morning strictly for coupon clipping! :-)
Katy recently posted..Epic Omelet

24 Meredith @ DareYouTo April 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Love the new clothes! That black dress IS so unique, so cute, and so useful. Wear it well!
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Pumpkin Dough Bites

25 Shari April 15, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Love your purchases!!
Shari recently posted..Wordless(ish) Wednesday: from my desk to yours.

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 15, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I looove Chipotle burrito bowls!

I think I’ve been to those outlets once when I was in Lake George on vaca!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Easy Money-Saving Strategies

27 Natasha April 15, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I love all the clothes that you got!
Natasha recently posted..Let’s talk yoga mats.

28 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 15, 2012 at 9:47 pm

OOOH!! Can i have that ice cream cone please?! ;)

And cute finds!! My favorite place to go shopping out here is Crossroads Trading Company (thrift store) but I definitely need to find the outlets too!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Let’s Make a Deal

29 Heidi19 April 16, 2012 at 5:21 am

Love those clothes and the foods looks really delicious! Thanks for sharing this to us! Love it!
Heidi19 recently posted..Arowana – a prized investment catch or …