Short and Sweet

by Courtney on April 28, 2012

I think the computer gods are trying to tell me something today…

I spent about an hour and a half this morning trying to figure out why my site is no longer letting me upload pictures in my posts and I am failing miserably at finding the answer. Something about an FTP site (aka, the “something stupid” mentioned in yesterday’s post), blah blah blah…I have no clue.

Can you tell that my knowledge of the tech side of blogging is rather slim?

Hopefully, my blog guru, Ryan, will be able to come to my rescue later today. (<—I can’t even add a smiley face there guys. Nada!)

So I’ll keep this short and sweet, because if you’re anything like me, reading a blog post without pictures is not exactly my cup of tea.

• Last night Jay and I ate this for dinner and it was out.of.this.world.
  • I also had a mini asthma attack last night, but I’m pretty sure I’ve discovered what the culprit is…and it’s NOT Cody. More on that soon…it’s very interesting.
  • This morning I ate these for breakfast, and they were glorious.
  • And today, I am spending the entire day channeling my crafty side and doing some scrapbooking with my college girlies. We have two wedding scrapbooks to finish up for my friends Rachel and Kathryn (you may remember my own wedding scrapbook that the girls did for me).

So for now, I am stepping away from the computer in an effort to save my sanity and prevent this post from getting any longer without any photos to go with it.

I hope you all have a great Saturday…and hey, maybe you can take some time today to step away from the computer too?

1 Kim @ The Family Practice April 28, 2012 at 10:03 am

I’m with ya Courtney! I’m transferring my blog today to self hosting and I’m just crossing my fingers that the internet gods are on my side. Its pretty nerve wracking. I hope you get your picture problem figured out soon!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Affinity Fraud

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 28, 2012 at 10:10 am

Ugh… computer/tech issues are the WORST! Why can’t everything just work perfectly?! ;-) Enjoy your Saturday!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Turkey Bacon that Never Was

3 Linda April 28, 2012 at 10:24 am

Good luck today!

4 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 28, 2012 at 10:48 am

Im going to be unplugged for the most part this weekend – enjoying the beach!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Cheesy Zucchini Squash Bake

5 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals April 28, 2012 at 10:54 am

Boo.. I know how frustrating blog and computer problems can be. Hope it is all fixed soon! XO

6 Michelle (Better with Berries) April 28, 2012 at 10:55 am

I went for a long run this morning and it’s absolutely gorgeous outside, so I plan on spending lots of time out there! Good luck with your computer issue, and enjoy your Saturday, Courtney!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Happy Pretzel Day!

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 28, 2012 at 10:58 am

When things go wrong on the computer- I don’t have a shot at figuring it out on my own. I’m just not that good. If it is broken, it’s probably going to stay broken….. Enjoy your day!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter (*Almond Joy Almond Butter*)

8 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 28, 2012 at 11:25 am

The same thing happened to me. Clear your cache, close down your computer and reboot. I don’t know if this will help. Also it maybe a good idea to clear your history. If that doesn’t work, contact your hosting website. It could have to do with them too. It took me a little while to figure it out, but that seemed to work for me! Good luck!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Breaking News! Drop everything! Husband says YES to Salad

9 Lisa April 28, 2012 at 11:54 am

Oh man, sorry for the blogging troubles! So frustrating when something goes wrong and you can’t figure out how to fix it. Hopefully it will get solved soon!
Lisa recently posted..Friday Five

10 ellalinea April 28, 2012 at 11:57 am

Hey Courtney!

Just wondering if you were already able to take a look ate the program I sent you? (Visual impact for woman)..

I’m dying to know what you think about it :)

love,

nathalie

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks April 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Hopefully your blog issues are solved today! I would be totally clueless, too.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..My Trainer, The Sadist

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Bleck good luck with that!! I’m so horrible with technology! I definitely feel your pain, because I’ve had many frustrating moments with my computer!

I just ran the Nashville Rock and Roll Half-Marathon today, and now I’m chilling out in the hotel room. I should probably be napping, but I hate naps!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Nashville or Bust!

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 28, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Good luck with the pictures! I’m not the most blog-tech savvy either. I have a friend lined up to help me make the switch from wordpress.com to wordpress.org and being self-hosted….eeks!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What to Give Up to Be Happy

14 Michelle@Peachy Palate April 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I did just that and spent the afternoon with my nephew, followed by an evening with my niece…and now I’m back online. couldn’t stay away for long but feel all the better for having stepped away from the laptop for a while! :)

15 Jodi April 28, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I know how frustrating internet issues can be when they’re not expected. Don’t worry, take is as a sign you might need to unplug for the day or the weekend ;)
Jodi recently posted..Austria pt 3

16 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen April 28, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Is it by any chance red wine?! I had some tonight and finally just put the loose ends together to figure out that I *think* it’s what gets me wheezy sometimes at night. I always assumed it was the dog moving around more when we have people over (like tonight) but tonight I just realized that almost every time we have people over, I’m drinking red wine and subsequently needing my inhaler later on before bed. So weird if it’s true!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Currently wanting…