Margarita Dessert Recipes

by Courtney on May 1, 2012

You guys know what this Saturday is, right? It’s Cinco de Mayo! Who’s ready to celebrate? If it’s anything like last year, I know Cody will be.

Talk about a party animal. Winking smile

This year, I’ll actually be out in Colorado for the holiday, so I won’t be doing any cooking or baking (I’m sure my roomie will be game for a little celebrating though) BUT, I’ve still got a few fun recipe ideas to share with you.

I recently put a few ideas to the test for a project with Celebrations.com, using none other than margarita drink mix in some desserts – who says you have to use it just for drinks, right?

Margarita Fruit Dip

So easy, it’s not even funny.

Margarita Sugar Cookies

IMG_2962-1

Again, it doesn’t get much easier!

IMG_2964-1

And, of course, we can’t forget about my favorite Margarita Cake that I’ve made the past two years.

That pretzel bottom crust is just the perfect combination of sweet and salty.

Are you planning on making anything fun and/or celebrating for the upcoming Cinco de Mayo holiday? Smile

1 Linda May 1, 2012 at 7:34 pm

LOVE the meme!

2 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals May 1, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Margarita sugar cookies! WOWZERS! Those look AWESOME :)
Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Bento Love: Pinwheel …. AND All Things For Sale GIVEAWAY!

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 1, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I’m running my first 5k on cinco de mayo and I’ll be celebrating with margaritas afterwards!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Easy Chicken Piccata

4 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles May 1, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I am *so* jealous of those getting to drink margaritas- that being said, it is so worth it but golly will I enjoy a margarita to celebrate once the baby is born!
….Love the fruit dip recipe- something I can swing right now. Mmmmmm!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Everyone else is prepared- I’m not…Weeks 21 & 22

5 erica May 1, 2012 at 8:07 pm

i think my mom would love this post. she loves a good margarita!
erica recently posted..{the honeymoon}: ROMA pt.2

6 Olivia May 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm

love margaritas but i would only ever drink em ;) lime is wasted on anything but. haha
Olivia recently posted..It’s All Awesome

7 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess May 1, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Oh yeah I nearly forgot about cinco de mayo. These are some awesome looking recipes!
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Workouts and Weightgain

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Love these ideas!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Food Survey

9 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Those recipes look soo cute and yummy! I loveeeee margaritas so I will definitely be indulging in one (or two) this weekend! :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Oven Roasted Cauliflower & Clif Z Bar Winner

10 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 1, 2012 at 9:05 pm

mmm that cake sounds amazing!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Fun Food Survey

11 Traci May 1, 2012 at 9:16 pm

okay pretzel crust AND margarita flavoring?

12 Lindsey May 1, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I completely forgot about it! Might need to at least mix up margaritas that day! That cake looks delicious, I just need more people to make it for now ;)
Lindsey recently posted..This or That?

13 Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway May 1, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I am running my first half marathon on Sunday so no celebrating here! That will have to happen post race :)

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 1, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I’ll be in Colorado too!!! But feel free to bring some of those cookies with you… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..lost.

15 Katy @ Couch to 5Katy May 1, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Totally going to make that margarita cake for my friend’s birthday this weekend!
Katy @ Couch to 5Katy recently posted..Who is Margaret Watson?

16 Linz @ Itz Linz May 1, 2012 at 10:53 pm

i’m actually working as a bartender at a private party… random! i haven’t bartended in years, but i figure i may as well make some moolah! :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz FitFluential!

17 Lisa May 2, 2012 at 12:15 am

Haha your cat photo is just awesome. I can’t wait for cinco de mayo!!! I’m pretty sure I’ll be partying it up over here this weekend.
Lisa recently posted..Comfortable Being Uncomfortable

18 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 2, 2012 at 7:40 am

I made your margarita cake when I had Mexican night at my house with some friends a couple of years ago. It was a hit! It’s really good :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Some Shower Gifts…

19 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 2, 2012 at 8:02 am

I can’t wait to try that fruit dip! And I love that pic of Cody :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

20 Jenna May 2, 2012 at 8:22 am

Yum! Can’t wait to try one of these if we do choose to go to a party somewhere, I’m sure everyone would be wow’ed. :-) You’ll be credited, of course! I love baking things and making them look “oh so cute”! I’ve always wanted to get into cake-cupcake decorating…people are soooo talented its insane! It’s expensive to get started, but maybe worth it. Hmm…maybe that’ll be on my 2012 list of to-dos. ;)
Jenna recently posted..Headache Blues….

21 Jessie May 2, 2012 at 8:28 am

These look fab!
Not many things are better than a good Margarita! :)
Jessie recently posted..My Employment Screening Site

22 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 2, 2012 at 8:42 am

I’m running a half marathon on Sunday so I won’t be partaking in much Cinco de mayo celebrations, but I think I’ll have to make up for it after my race with plenty of margaritas! Gotta refuel somehow, right??

23 Jolynn May 2, 2012 at 11:01 am

How fun!! The dip and cake sound delicious!!
Jolynn recently posted..Dessert for One

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 2, 2012 at 11:38 am

your roomie sure will be game for a little celebrating! ;) done and done. ole.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..On Repeat

25 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 2, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Mmm. I think I have to make that margarita cake for Saturday!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Late Night Formula Run

26 Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit May 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm

That cake looks so good!
Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit recently posted..Easy ways to add in exercise + guest posting on a new site

27 Kelli-Ann May 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I am getting married! It is Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby Day, so we will be celebrating with our family and friends!