WIAW: Not So Snacky

by Courtney on May 16, 2012

I swear, Wednesdays are coming around quicker and quicker all of a sudden. I seriously feel like I *just* wrote up last week’s WIAW post. Sheesh!

This week, I have the perfect opportunity to catch ya up on some missed eats; since I was so busy posting my recaps from my Reebok trip (here are Part 1 & Part 2) on Monday, I never got the opportunity to share anything from the day.

Hey, good thing we’ve got What I Ate Wednesday, right? Right!

8:00am – Breakfast

Egg white, provolone, & raspberry jam sandwich on a toasted bagel + grapes + coffee.

(FYI: I’ve had a few of you ask which kind of bagels I’ve been eating – they’re Weight Watchers brand, and come in at 150 calories with 9 grams of fiber. I love them because they’re not as big as a typical bagel but are more satisfying than a bagel thin.)

No Mid-Morning Snack

My stomach was a little whacky yesterday so I never wound up with much of an appetite for anything until lunch rolled around. No biggie.

1:30pm – Lunch

Leftover salad from Sunday + half a banana + an apple cinnamon Chobani.

There’s something just so amazing about being able to open a container and having the salad already prepared. If I had the extra money, I swear I would hire someone to do that for me.

I also ended up dipping my banana in some peanut butter because, well, I needed an excuse for some peanut butter. Winking smile

No Mid-Afternoon Snack

I guess Monday just wasn’t much of a snacky day? I didn’t feel the need for one, so I didn’t force it. Although I did end up snacking on a small handful of Love Grown granola before starting up dinner, so I guess we can call that my snack?

7:00pm – Dinner

Oh yeah, baby. Chicken Caesar Burgers + a side of unphotographed sugar snap peas & corn.

Chicken Caesar Burgers (7)

Gosh, that thing was good. I miss it already.

8:30pm – Dessert

Jay and I managed to finish off the rest of the strawberry angel food trifle that we had leftover from Sunday while watching HIMYM (<—anyone catch the end of the episode? Seriously, what’s going on?!?)

It wasn’t a huge portion (bummer) but it sure was yummy. I think I need an excuse to make this thing again!

So there ya have it, folks. That’s what I ate…Monday-style.

Question for the Morning:

What’s the BEST thing you’ve eaten so far this week?

1 Alysha @Shesontherun May 16, 2012 at 8:07 am

Shrimp fajitas (and a banana nutella chimichanga for dessert) when we went out for Mexican on Saturday. I could eat Mexican once a week at least!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Best Healthy Food Apps for 2012

2 Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway May 16, 2012 at 8:07 am

Hmm tough one! Probably the delicious coconut cake with cream cheese frosting we had on Mother’s Day. It’s the best cake ever.
Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..Nut Butter Success

3 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 16, 2012 at 8:10 am

I sometimes have not so snacky days too! hah – my iphone tried to correct “snacky” to “snarky”.. now that’s not true :p and I did watch HIMYM! I was so happy with the ending because I always thought/wanted barney to end up with robin! it’s finally gotten me excited for next season! now if they can finally make some progress on revealing the mother…
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Tonight’s Clean Eating Failure (And Much-Needed Self-Reflection)

4 Leanne May 16, 2012 at 10:42 am

I wish we could see HIMYM on TV in Holland. The show doesn’t air here, at least nut the current season. SO annoying! I love that show!!!

Barney and Robin? Really? Finally? ;-) So cool!!
Leanne recently posted..Kill candida overgrowth with these nine powerful herbs

5 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 16, 2012 at 11:12 am

Aw, that’s too bad! I’m sorry I spoiled you then :(

6 Leanne May 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm

That’s fine .. I like watching anyway, even if I know the ‘outcome’ :D!
Leanne recently posted..Kill candida overgrowth with these nine powerful herbs

7 Blog is the New Black May 16, 2012 at 8:18 am

Lady, I posted about the chicken parm burgers you inspired today. You are on a ROLL with the burgers lately! See what I did there? Yaaaa, lame.
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Healthy Chicken Parm Burgers

8 Holly May 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Hahahah! I just love ya Liz :D ‘on a roll’
Holly recently posted..How Workouts Have Changed

9 Nicolette May 16, 2012 at 8:23 am

K, HIMYM. I am also thinking “what the heck is going on!?”
They keep dancing back and forth with Robin, and I’m not sure if I like it (I did/do like Barney with Quinn). And I just want Ted to really fall for the right girl (aka Mother) already, and I am not sure if Victoria is that girl…

Though, as an aside, Robin looked great in that wedding dress.

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 16, 2012 at 8:38 am

That chicken Caesar burger just looks so good. I really need to make it. :)

The best thing I’ve had this week so far was rotisserie chicken. I love eating it already prepared.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: How to Earn Money Through Surveys For Your Wedding…

11 Khushboo May 16, 2012 at 8:41 am

Have you tried roasted pumpkin/squash with almond or peanut butter? It’s a heavenly combo & I know you’d love it.

12 Jessie May 16, 2012 at 8:44 am

That chicken burger looks sooooo good!

The best thing i’ve eaten this week was homemade Fish, Chips and Mushy Minted Peas….not the healthiest but it sure was tasty!
Jessie recently posted..An Interesting Telemarketing Company Tips Blog

13 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 16, 2012 at 8:51 am

Last night I had some oven roasted brussel sprout that we out of this worlddd!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Healthy Convenience Foods

14 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 16, 2012 at 8:52 am

Best thing I ate was a huuuuge bed of mixed greens with all the steamed seafood you could possibly imagine on top. Ate this on Sunday for Mothers Day and it was amazing!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..W.I.A.W(edding) Edition

15 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride May 16, 2012 at 9:00 am

Hmm, the best thing so far this week would have to be a quick version of strawberry shortcake — angel food cake with light whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Tasted like summer!
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Wedding Wednesday: THE HONEYMOON location

16 Lindsey May 16, 2012 at 9:07 am

I did catch that and was confused too, so Barney and Robin are getting married?!
The chocolate chip peanut butter ice cream sandwich I shared with my husband last night to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day :)
Lindsey recently posted..Wishes Do Come True!

17 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 16, 2012 at 9:13 am

I’m so annoyed with HIMYM! I love barney and robin together so I’m good with that, but seriously, we waited a full year for ted to cross the hallway to reveal robin? I need this show to pick up the pace! and now we have to wait all summer… Sorry, I just really want all these mysteries solved :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Amazing Pie from Honeypie

18 Faith @ For the Health of It May 16, 2012 at 9:14 am

Premade salads are one of my bigger food splurges – I LOVE them when I pick them up from a store or restaurant but it’s such a hassle getting all of the individual toppings, prepping them and all of that mess…it’s worth the $5 to me to get a custom made one once or twice a week. And I’m 2 episodes behind on HIMYM and the suspense is KILLING ME! Maybe I can try to catch up tonight.

19 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life May 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

I want to try those Chicken Caesar Burgers so badly, they look delicious! The best thing I have ate so far this week was my mom’s homemade cupcakes and we grilled out for the first time this season: chicken, hamburger’s, and mixed veggies. Yum!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: Cup-A-Cake

20 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 16, 2012 at 9:45 am

that trifle sounds so delicious! where did you get the recipe from?
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Favorite Panera salad is back!

21 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 16, 2012 at 9:51 am

I totally know what you mean about the prepared salads thing…plus prepared ones always look so much more appetizing than standing over the veggie drawer in the fridge!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday

22 Yellow Haired Girl May 16, 2012 at 10:07 am

I actually yelled “what?!” at the end of HIMYM. They sure know how to mess with us!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..I Heart WIAW

23 Brandi May 16, 2012 at 10:08 am

I also was able to catch HIMYM! If you watched the very first one, Ted was with Barney and the rest of the season was building up to Ted’s Robin moment at the end of the season finale. I knew it was going to be her!!

I love your breakfast! I am doing this protein smoothie series for breakfasts, and I sure do miss my eggs!

24 Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com May 16, 2012 at 10:43 am

That burger looks so incredibly delicious!
Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com recently posted..Alone time

25 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

Everything looks fabulous!! Yum!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peppermint Mocha Frappe

26 Lauren @ WWoB May 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

In my WIAW I just posted my secret midnight yogurt bowl snack ! Well not a secret, but Ive been hoarding my combo from everyone out of laze. You eats look delicious and similar to what I like to feed myself with! BTW I read your blog on the daily, Im just too lazy to comment haha

27 Kristin May 16, 2012 at 11:45 am

I can’t wait to make the chick caesar salad burger. The chick parm. ones were delish!
I never even knew ground chicken existing until I saw your recipe I guess I just never noticed it before but it’s my new favorite meat to cook with.

Healthy food I ate this week would have to be a banana

28 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony May 16, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I can’t wait to try your chicken parm and caesar burgers!
The best thing I ate this week was probably some purple rice sushi! I LOVE the nutty taste and texture the black rice gives to the sushi, and it holds up much better than brown or white.
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..What’s the Difference?

29 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 16, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I would have to say the best thing I’ve eaten this week is the water chestnut + zucchini stirfry dish I made last night with grilled chicken seasoned with a sweet sesame chili sauce. YUM! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..So, Call Me Maybe?

30 Kim @ The Family Practice May 16, 2012 at 12:40 pm

strawberries and angel food cake are a summer must have – is your trifle just layered or what did you do different? looks yummy :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Let’s Get to Know Each Other

31 Holly May 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I just saw the recipe for those burgers & I cannot wait to try them. YUM! I love Caeser salad, but avoid it because of the high cals- nice to have an alternative! :)
Holly recently posted..How Workouts Have Changed

32 Julie May 16, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Ok I’m actually a little disappointed in some of the choices for the HIMYM finale! I won’t say anything for the sake of spoilers, but I’m not happy! :-P
Julie recently posted..Time to Destress

33 erica May 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm

i just discovered trader joe’s chocolate covered peanut butter pretzles. YUM!
erica recently posted..{birthday trip}: travel day

34 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 16, 2012 at 3:32 pm

aahhhh-greed! and for that reason — I totally need to pre-prep salads or make ones giant enough for leftovers! I think I’d eat 10x more veg if I did =)

Happy WIAW Courtney!!!! xo

35 Shannon May 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm

That strawberry trifle looks so delicious right now. The best thing I’ve eaten so far this week is a Raspberry Jelly Jam cookie from the Lake George Baking Company (the owners of Vanilla Bean now have their own bakery on Amherst Street in Lake George Village).

36 MassachusEATS May 16, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I totally agree with ya on wanting a live-in salad chef! ;)

The Caesar salad burger sounds awesome!
MassachusEATS recently posted..WIAW #15 & Make It: Spicy Quinoa Salad

37 Sara @my less serious life May 16, 2012 at 8:02 pm

i have this problem when i have half a banana leftover i almost always put some type of nut butter on top. i just can’t help myself!

38 Katy May 16, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Crock pot sausages cooked in beer :-)
Katy recently posted..10 Power Foods