X Marks The Spot

Morning, lovelies and a very happy FRIDAY to you all!

I’m pretty psyched for the super-fun weekend I have ahead of me, including my friend Rachel’s bridal shower, a night out with some of my girlfriends, a coffee date with my good friend, Heather, and hopefully a little bit of sunshine in between all of it. Yep, it’s gonna be a busy one, but it’s all with friends, so I’m a-okay with that.

I got a chance to sleep a bit later this morning, which was fabulous, and I woke up with a strong craving for my coffee.

I know I’ve said it before, but I don’t crave coffee for the caffeine because it seriously does nothing for me. I honestly just love the taste and the routine of drinking my morning coffee and I get totally thrown off when that doesn’t happen. Now that the weather’s starting to warm up, it looks like it may be time to start brewing some of my iced coffee around these parts!

As I sipped on my morning brew, I worked on prepping some breakfast…apparently yesterday’s eggs kick started a trend.

Today’s veggie scramble included green peppers, red onion, tomatoes, feta cheese, and ketchup. Suuuuuper delish, also thanks to a little dried basil (<—makes such a difference!).

I paired my veggie scramble with a couple “X” formations of turkey bacon.

I don’t know why, but it totally made me think of “X marks the spot” which, for some reason, always makes me think of the old school segment on Sesame Street…

Is that weird? I used to watch Sesame Street religiously when I was little (my mom tells me it was sometimes up to 6 hours a day) but I find it rather amusing that I still associate things with the show now at my ripe ‘ol age of 28.

Time to get going on the day…it’s gonna be a beautiful one over here today! Smile

I love making vegan scramble with tofu and I’m all about the tomato ketchup on top! I’m a bit of an addict! It’s my brother’s 21st party tonight and I was on salad duty – from roasted butternut squash pistachio rice, to chickpea chili mango and finally quinoa beet beany pumpkin seed….3 hours later and I’m all prepped! Now I just need to clean myself! :) Happy Friday!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Celebrations

I love Sesame Street and the next level – The Electric Company. (Before your time ;))

Looks like it is shaping up to be an amazing day! Enjoy your weekend girl!

I was a big Sesame Street fan when I was little, but really I loved all the shows on PBS: Lamb Chop’s Play Along, Mr. Rogers’s Neighborhood, and Reading Rainbow! Loved all those educational tv shows. These days I like Gossip Girl, the bachelor/bachelorette, and Real Housewives. Perhaps I was smarter when I was younger..? 😉
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Lucky to Know Her

I’m the same way about my coffee.. I gotta git up and have time to enjoy at least 2 cups before I get on with my day! I think it’s the ritual of it! I loved Sesame Street growing up and The Muppets!! I was never much for The Muppet movies but the show kicked ass and I loved Animal!! That was back when T.V. was still good!

Ah sesame street, when I was a nanny I watched it with the kids and couldn’t help but laugh when I found myself remembering most of the stuff the characters said/did. So weird how it came back to me. Coffee is the exact same for me, I don’t get any effect from caffeine, but its become such a ritual, the day doesn’t feel right if I skip it!
    Lisa recently posted..Giveaway Time

I watched Sesame Street all the time when it was little. It’s got to be one of the greatest children’s TV shows in history- it’s been around for more than 40 years (unbelievable, right?). It’s a great teaching tool for children. I babysit a two year old occasionally and she’ll sit in front of the TV when Sesame Street is on; she loves it- and Disney Princesses. The kid is also a genius- knows pretty much everything that a kid needs to know for kindergarten.