Low-Fat Banana Bread

So this morning, I mentioned the fact that I set out on a little baking experiment. I also told you that you may or may not wind up seeing the end results of this experiment.

Well……

It definitely turned out good enough to share! Smile

The biggest thing I experimented with in this recipe was the use of NuNaturals MoreFiber Baking Blend in place of sugar. Using the NuNaturals resulted in a less dense bread, but it also didn’t give as much of that “spongy” taste and texture as some low-fat recipes often have.

*Edited to add: The best price I’ve seen for the NuNaturals MoreFiber Baking Blend is on iHerb.com for $5.74. You can purchase it by clicking HERE (<–affiliate code, yo), and FYI, don’t forget to use my coupon code – SAZ564 – for $5.00 off!)

Overall, it’s definitely a winner for me, and I think it will be for you, too. I bet it’d be good with some chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts mixed in, but today I was really just feelin’ it plain.

Although, it is especially yummy served with a little peanut butter…

but then again, what isn’t?

Low-Fat Banana Bread

*****

Here’s the Nutrition Stats…

banana bread

Not too shabby, right?

Hey, with stats like those, feel free to be a little more generous with the peanut butter. Winking smile

Comments

Banana bread is one of my favorites! Low-fat,, even better! Looking forward to trying it out. Can you get nunaturals at any grocery store?

Wow, that looks so good for being low fat, and even better with the peanut butter! The next time I have some too ripe bananas I need to remember this recipe. And if I’m feeling extra adventerous I might try using some different flours to make it gluten free so my boyfriend could have some!

I love banana bread. I’ve been experimenting with some different recipes, and my sister gets to be the lucky taste tester :) I like how you think, less fat more peanut butter after!
    Lisa recently posted..Ten Things Tuesday

I am not really for artificial sweeteners but have heard good things about nunaturals stevia. I know stevia is a plant so people say its “natural” but there are lots of posionous toxic plants out there so just because its a plant, it doesnt make me feel like its automatically good for you. Looks like a good recipe though, I LOVE banana bread!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..A Semi-Homemade Ice Cream Weekend

5. Danielle says

This looks so good but I never understand how one can get 12 servings from banana bread…I get 8 tops:(

6. Ashleen Moreen says

Low Fat Banana Bread looks healthy and delicious! There are breads that consists many fats which is not good for the body. By the way, thanks for the recipe and I love to give it a try.
    Ashleen Moreen recently posted..check this out

Do you think it would still taste alright if I were to replace the butter with extra applesauce or something of that nature?

• Courtney says

I think the texture would definitely be different, but if you like the taste of fat-free baking then it could possibly work.

I know you said in one post that the NuNaturals Fiber Blend was hurting your stomach (I have a pretty sensitive stomach too) so I was wondering did you just sub white sugar out for it in your future batches?
    Carly recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals: June!

• Courtney says

Yes, I just stick with the real stuff now. I’d rather take the extra calories over the extreme discomfort from the fake stuff!

Trackbacks